PDA

View Full Version : Pa Broon to Retire at Season's End

Frazerbob
14-03-2013, 10:25 AM
CRAIG BROWN TO RETIRE BUT TO REMAIN HAVING BEEN APPOINTED TO THE BOARD

Craig Brown has announced that he is to retire at the end of the season but has agreed to continue his involvement with the Dons as a non executive director on the Pittodrie Board. Craig’s colleague Archie Knox will be leaving the Club at the end of the season.

The Dons manager said. “Having reflected long and hard on the situation, I felt the time was right for me to step down as manager. I feel it is important this is out in the public domain as I do not want anything to distract from the playing side over the next few weeks. Archie and I are determined to do whatever we can to help the team finish 2012-13 on a high and we strongly believe we will be leaving a solid base for the next management team to build on”.
Stewart Milne the Club Chairman added. “Craig and Archie have worked tirelessly to turn the Club around over the last twenty-seven months. They are very much a team, as everyone is aware, and the contribution they have made in taking the club forward is immense. The staff throughout the Club hold them in such high regard and they will certainly be a difficult act to follow. When Craig indicated that he, would step down I asked him to become a non executive director and I am delighted to say this will take effect immediately. Craig will have input to all areas of the Club like any other board member and will be a fantastic ambassador for Aberdeen Football Club. He has held a board position at Clyde FC in the past so is well aware of the challenges football faces everywhere as well as here at Aberdeen. As a board member he will play a full role like the rest of the board in choosing his successor.

“Archie will always be welcome back at Pittodrie where he has contributed so much over the last couple of years and during that unforgettable period in the 80’s along with Sir Alex Ferguson"

On his Board role Craig stated “I have been in football all my life and the opportunity to join the board at Aberdeen FC is a great honour and one that I will contribute to at all levels going forward. It was clear to me that the Club was keen for me to remain here and I have a burning desire to see this great Club back at the very top of the Scottish game where it belongs. Everyone, from the Board, players, staff and fans, has made me feel so welcome and I’m delighted to remain part of the Club going forward.”
The Board including Craig will begin the search immediately to identify his successor to enable a management team to be in place for next season.

MoscowHibs
14-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Wonder what odds Adams will be. Maybe worth a wee punt seeing as he is a dye(wool) hard sheep sh........r.

eastterrace
14-03-2013, 08:02 PM
glad that old codger is on the way oot, slavering turd at times.:aok::aok:

nonshinyfinish
14-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Brown out, Brown out.

monktonharp
14-03-2013, 10:57 PM
he's done a better job than some of the dross the dons have had in the last 10-12 years has he not/ got oan ma tits at times, but will help them in his capacity upstairs. did not like some of his performances during his reign as national coach though, i have to add.

heretoday
14-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Craig Brown is one of the big figures in Scottish football. He managed the national team to good effect and he hasn't disgraced himself as Aberdeen manager.

He's a good man and don't you forget it.

jacomo
14-03-2013, 11:23 PM
He was dismissing any rumours he was standing down only recently, so something has changed. I would guess the Dons already have a replacement lined up.

hibsbollah
14-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Good

cabbageandribs1875
15-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Craig Brown is one of the big figures in Scottish football. He managed the national team to good effect and he hasn't disgraced himself as Aberdeen manager.

all of this :agree:

marinello59
15-03-2013, 06:22 AM

Was this written by the man himself in green ink?

Frazerbob
15-03-2013, 07:37 AM

:agree::agree:

Did a VERY good job with Scotland, both as Roxburgh's number 2 and as manager. He's an incredibly nice guy, always has time for the fans and is very respectful of those who spend their hard earned and time following the teams he's involved with.

I remember a few years ago he was booked to speak at the Edinburgh Tartan Army St Andrew's Day dinner. After accepting the booking he was also asked to speak at a charity do in Glasgow the same night and asked if he could move his speach to before dinner rather than after so he could make both. He refused his fee for mucking us about so ended up doing both events for free. He did not have a job at the time so it was very decent of him to pass up the couple of hundred quid so he could fulfil the charity commitement. Say it all about the man IMO.

Oh....and he was a bit of a ****ger :greengrin