PDA

View Full Version : Pope Franck

Spike Mandela
14-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Named after 'Le God' naturally. Surely a clear sign that God is on our side and this is the year:devil:

Mikey
14-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Hibs.net is sponsoring him. There will be a competition soon with his signed and framed cassock as the prize.

Saorsa
14-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Hibs.net is sponsoring him. There will be a competition soon with his signed and framed cassock as the prize.In :thumbsup:

:greengrin

scuttle
14-03-2013, 09:05 AM
One of the other leading candidates was Cardinal Scola apparently. Imagine if he had been elected
We would have had a Popescola

FranckSuzy
14-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Stolen from Alex Thomson from Ch. 4 on Twitter...'Frank The Pope. Apparently the NewPo will start off in the Third World and work his way up. We are the Papal'. :greengrin He better :duck:

MB62
14-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Stolen from Alex Thomson from Ch. 4 on Twitter...'Frank The Pope. Apparently the NewPo will start off in the Third World and work his way up. We are the Papal'. :greengrin He better :duck:

:faf:

What's the betting if eventually visits Scotland/Edinburgh the dailt rags will have the heading along the lines of

Frankie goes to Holyrood
or
Frankie Popes in to Holyrood

In all seriousness, I was quite impressed by the mans' brief appearance to face the people last night, very humble.

Cabbage East
14-03-2013, 09:14 AM
:agree:

Obviously a man of the papal

monktonharp
14-03-2013, 09:24 AM
he may have an argie-ment about the falklands

Aldo
14-03-2013, 12:24 PM
He looks like Jim Bowen!!

jacomo
14-03-2013, 12:47 PM
At last! a pope thread!

:flag: debate

:stirrer:

:wink:

Sweet Left Peg
14-03-2013, 12:49 PM
He looks like Jim Bowen!!

Nothing in this game for two in a bed......

IWasThere2016
14-03-2013, 12:51 PM
He's team up with Benedict for the first restaurant in St Peter's Square - Frankie and Benny's :greengrin

Keith_M
14-03-2013, 02:52 PM
So, what does everybody think (The)Rangers will remove from their menus this time?

:cool2:

Keith_M
14-03-2013, 02:58 PM
In all seriousness, I was quite impressed by the mans' brief appearance to face the people last night, very humble.

Really? I thought he just looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I'm not realy familiar with all this Pope Voting stuff but it got really big coverage in Bavaria so couldn't help but watch it. I was shocked how similar the announcement to the waiting crowds was to a TV talent show. There was a crescendo of noise then when the name was announced, there was a mixture of cheering, dissapointed sighs and even what I thought was some booing.

I must admit, it was more entertaining than the CofS :greengrin

Corstorphine Hibby
14-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Really? I thought he just looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I'm not realy familiar with all this Pope Voting stuff but it got really big coverage in Bavaria so couldn't help but watch it. I was shocked how similar the announcement to the waiting crowds was to a TV talent show. There was a crescendo of noise then when the name was announced, there was a mixture of cheering, dissapointed sighs and http://youtu.be/W4sNZeLB-KEeven what I thought was some booing.

I must admit, it was more entertaining than the CofS :greengrin

They've been announcing the new pope from the balcony of St.Peter's since the 1600's.
I know Simon Cowell has had 'work done' to stop the ageing process but I'm pretty sure it was the Church that initiated the 'tv talent show' format :wink:

Your talent show quote reminds me of the American tourist who was heard saying in Princes Street how thoughtful the Edinburgh planners had been building the castle next to the shops.

Sweet Left Peg
14-03-2013, 09:00 PM
They've been announcing the new pope from the balcony of St.Peter's since the 1600's.
I know Simon Cowell has had 'work done' to stop the ageing process but I'm pretty sure it was the Church that initiated the 'tv talent show' format :wink:

Your talent show quote reminds me of the American tourist who was heard saying in Princes Street how thoughtful the Edinburgh planners had been building the castle next to the shops.

Pope Idol?

alan1875
15-03-2013, 07:56 AM

I was behind an American couple at the castle once when the woman asked her man "what time does the one o'clock gun go off?" He replied "dunno".... I was just pishing myself laughing. Gotta feel sorry for these folk...

Pretty Boy
15-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I was behind an American couple at the castle once when the woman asked her man "what time does the one o'clock gun go off?" He replied "dunno".... I was just pishing myself laughing. Gotta feel sorry for these folk...

I once had an American couple point at the castlr and ask me 'is that th castle?' I told them no and if they thought that was impressive they should wait until they saw the real thing hidden just behind it. They strolled off almost boiling over with excitement.

Keith_M
15-03-2013, 08:53 AM

You mean Simon Cowell's NOT involved in any way?

:shocked:

My whole world just came crashing around me.

Wait a minute, then WHO got the money for all the telephone votes I've been making for Monsignor Charles Green?