PDA

View Full Version : Derek Adams

Seanair
13-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Good article in The Herald today about his career and his future.

Only mention of his Hibs days spoke of him "joining HIbernian for a season as assistant to Colin Calderwood. This experience was an eye-opener. "I just could not believe the standard of the passing drills. I worked on that immediately," he says.

This attention to detail, this desire to improve every area of the club, was a source of frustration for the coach. It is difficult when you are not the manager," is all that he will say.......

Sounds as if there was a big clash of personalities and Petrie kept the wrong one at ER.

Watching the present Hibs team trying to pass a ball suggests that nothing's changed at ER since CC's days of glory.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rooted-in-a-football-past-derek-adams-can-look-forward-with-confidence-and-expectation.20490483

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Only mention of his Hibs days spoke of him "joining HIbernian for a season as assistant to Colin Calderwood. This experience was an eye-opener. "I just could not believe the standard of the passing drills. I worked on that immediately," he says.
This attention to detail, this desire to improve every area of the club, was a source of frustration for the coach. It is difficult when you are not the manager," is all that he will say.......

Sounds as if there was a big clash of personalities and Petrie kept the wrong one at ER.

Watching the present Hibs team trying to pass a ball suggests that nothing's changed at ER since CC's days of glory.

Bull****.

Andy74
13-03-2013, 07:34 PM

Last bit is nonsense.

#FromTheCapital
13-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Credit where it's due, he's doing a decent job at the moment. Doesn't make him any less of a tit though.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Weirdo.

PatHead
13-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Strange thing is that passing is the big thing they work on with the youngsters at East Mains.

Treadstone
13-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Adams has Kenny Shiels potential in the gob***** stakes.

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2013, 07:54 PM
The guy is a total hamshank.

Scottie
13-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Total knob-jocky but got to hand it to him he's doing a hell of a job at RC

Getting some return out of Ivan.
It's such a difficult place to get a result up there and it's all down to him and his staff

Would rather have had his type of football than Cocco's

Geo_1875
13-03-2013, 08:02 PM
He's hardly likely to admit that he was a prick who nobody liked so he pissed off back to his Dad.

seven nowt
13-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Adams is a great manager. What he said was bang on.

Onwards and upwards with Paddy though!!

rcarter1
13-03-2013, 08:08 PM
He hasnt said anything good about us, but to be honest, hes doing a great job and is entitled to his opinion.

I have got the feeling that for some time Hibs have had a 'stink' about them in the eyes of many Scottish football people. If Adams is critical of CC, then fair enough. If he felt that Rod Petrie wouldnt know a football if it hit him in the face, then that also rings true. Rod Petrie is a lot of good things, but for sometime he has seemingly failed to get proper quality football people into management/coaching positions.

We now have Pat, and I for one am happy that he understands football. I would prefer more passing and midfield running forward, but Im sure he knows what hes doing and will work hard to keep improving.

Boyle89
13-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Anybody watched his team play? Granted we were rank under cc but who is he to comment. As AM you have a voice so why didnt you use it?! Diving, time wasting, cheating, glad he didn't stay. Oh aye and you've still never uttered a single curse word...

Kato
13-03-2013, 09:42 PM

What an absolute cad.

jimmythefish
13-03-2013, 09:43 PM
credit to him doing a good job, he's a sheep fan at heart tho & prob end up there soon, be interesting to see how he turns them around ( if it ever happens of course ) i would love to see him fall flat on his face, not just arrogant very disrepectful at times

Diclonius
13-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Not sure what would be better - getting revenge over Raymond Whyte in the bottom six or Adams in the top six. :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
13-03-2013, 09:49 PM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rooted-in-a-football-past-derek-adams-can-look-forward-with-confidence-and-expectation.20490483

Riiiiiiiiight mate. Gorgie is that way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2013, 10:18 PM
What he has done at Ross County only goes to show that Pertrie let the wrong one go. See if we had beaten Hearts three times this season the way County have beaten us, we would be chuffed to bursting if PF had been in the papers saying we have got much better players and winning was never in doubt. When the boot is on the other foot, you have to be big enough to suck it up and move on,

Zorro
14-03-2013, 08:45 AM
What he has done at Ross County only goes to show that Pertrie let the wrong one go. See if we had beaten Hearts three times this season the way County have beaten us, we would be chuffed to bursting if PF had been in the papers saying we have got much better players and winning was never in doubt. When the boot is on the other foot, you have to be big enough to suck it up and move on,

I'm glad we have Pat in, and long may he continue turning the Hibs that was under Coco into the much stronger side we are seeing now.

But I don't really understand the intense dislike for Adams some people seem to have, unless I've missed something awful he's said about us. He says nothing there that is disrespectful to the club, just seems to be telling it like he saw it during his time here. And what we could all see on match days. Doing a great job at RC. Still can't wait for us to hump them though!!

WhileTheChief..
14-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Weird little man that spends most of his spare time watching reruns of Edwards Woodwards demise in the Wicker Man. Total fud.

Golden Bear
14-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I don't like Adams as a person but you can't help in being impressed with his Managerial record.

I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure the circumstances behind his arrival and departure from ER but he's obviously got a bee in his bunnet about something.

Heisenberg
14-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't think him and CC worked very close together, whatever went on it seems its left him with a bit of sour grapes. Definitely a good manager though.

Scooter
14-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Next Aberdeen manager

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't like Adams as a person but you can't help in being impressed with his Managerial record.

I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure the circumstances behind his arrival and departure from ER but he's obviously got a bee in his bunnet about something.

This. It looks from the outside that Calderwood was the f*d in that relationship and Adams showed that he is no 'yes man' by leaving.

hibsbollah
14-03-2013, 12:28 PM
He's just got one of those faces.

Future17
14-03-2013, 02:10 PM
He's just got one of those faces.

:agree:

It's a Hun face.

DH1875
14-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Adams might be a **** but how anyone can say we didn't get rid of the wrong one is beyond me.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Adams might be a **** but how anyone can say we didn't get rid of the wrong one is beyond me.

We never got rid of him, he left? I'm glad both have gone and we have Pat Fenlon as our manager now. :pfgwa

Paisley Hibby
14-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Some posters on this thread seem to think that Derek Adams said that - he didn't. It's not even a quote from the article.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Win percentage of 48% and a loss ratio of just 17% in his second spell at RC, across two divisions - he's a prick but obviously a very good manager.

Very happy with our manager though.

Seanair
14-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Riiiiiiiiight mate. Gorgie is that way.
Thanks for telling me----haven't been there since the Hibs-St Johnstone semi-final.
But when I go to every home match at ER I'm entitled to form an opinion of how my team plays, and passing is not high on my list of attractions.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks for telling me----haven't been there since the Hibs-St Johnstone semi-final.
But when I go to every home match at ER I'm entitled to form an opinion of how my team plays, and passing is not high on my list of attractions.

Have you tried looking towards that large greenish rectangle?

FranckSuzy
14-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Have you tried looking towards that large greenish rectangle?

:tee hee:

hugo boss
22-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Lads/ladies whats your thoughts on Derek Adams did we miss the boat with losing him?:agree:

MoscowHibs
22-03-2013, 07:02 PM
No. End of.

hugo boss
22-03-2013, 07:05 PM
No. End of. Agreed:agree:

#FromTheCapital
22-03-2013, 07:05 PM
He seems to be doing a decent job with Ross county but I suspect that will come crashing down next season. He is also a Grade A bawbag. So to answer your question, No we did not miss the boat in losing him

FranckSuzy
22-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Lads/ladies whats your thoughts on Derek Adams did we miss the boat with losing him?:agree:

Why? :wink:

Heisenberg
22-03-2013, 07:12 PM
He might only be able to do it at County, wait and see if he can cope in other surroundings.

GoldenEagle
22-03-2013, 07:16 PM
No. Weirdo.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Decent manager.

Ungrateful fud. Hibs invested a fair bit of time and money in fighting touchline bans and disciplinary issues that really had nothing to do with us but he doesn't have a good word to say about Hibs.

And he comes across as a right creepy sort as well, would fit right in at the yams.

stoneyburn hibs
22-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Somehow a good fit for RC , apart fae that - chug.

NOLA
22-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes and no ;) thought it was a clever move bringing him in to be assistant with the view to eventually becoming the boss here, he clearly became frustrated in his role though(going from a no.1 to a no.2) not sure calderwood appreciated or for that matter wanted him having an input into the coaching (petries fault) he's clearly motivated for beating us now and sounds like a teenager hitting out after being dumped by someone too good for him - hence he comes over like a bitter jealous wee dick.

lucky
22-03-2013, 07:59 PM
He is the Rudi of management=welt

fat freddy
22-03-2013, 08:02 PM
i read recently that he was stunned at the training drills that were being given to the hibs players when he arrived at east mains...we will never know if he was the man to take hibs forward but it didn't take him long to get the measure of calderwood and decide he didn't fancy being part of a sinking ship...cant fault his judgement on that front...deep down though i think we missed a trick with him and should have bombed calderwood and given him a shot.

hibees 7062
22-03-2013, 08:25 PM
No. Weirdo.

:top marks

silverhibee
22-03-2013, 08:39 PM
No. Weirdo.

:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
22-03-2013, 08:42 PM
He's a wee creep..

Not Hibernian class

sleeping giant
22-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Whats with all the weirdo pish ?

He's obviously a decent manager and although i'm happy with Fenlon , i do believe we missed the boat with him.
Calderwood should have been punted with DA taking over.

Beefster
22-03-2013, 08:55 PM

He's obviously a decent manager and although i'm happy with Fenlon , i do believe we missed the boat with him.

I don't know if we missed the boat with him but I don't care if our manager is an ersewipe or not. Adams is doing a great job at Ross County and the fact that he's a trumpet is pretty much irrelevant IMHO.

seven nowt
22-03-2013, 09:58 PM
He's a great manager. At the time, I wanted him instead of Paddy.. Just being honest.

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2013, 10:13 PM
If I had to play second fiddle to Calderwood, I would be very bitter too, not only against Hibs, but life in general.

Diclonius
22-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Good manager but a total cock. Has also managed to put together a five match unbeaten run against us. I'd take him at Hibs.

BEEJ
22-03-2013, 10:36 PM

I don't get all the personal invective directed at Adams on this site. Have half of the posters actually spent time in his company in order to develop these opinions for themselves? Or are these 'tales' that have emerged from squad members at EM?

:agree: Agree completely.

I don't know if we missed the boat with him but I don't care if our manager is an ersewipe or not. Adams is doing a great job at Ross County and the fact that he's a trumpet is pretty much irrelevant IMHO.
Absolutely! :agree:

sesoim
22-03-2013, 11:07 PM
When he was at Hibs, I suggested a few times that we should boot CC and give Adams a chance. Unfortunately Adams was away by the time CC was booted.

As mentioned elsewhere, he might be one of these types that does better with a wee team on wee resources. If he goes to Aberdeen and does a good job, I think that would suggest we probably have missed out.

sesoim
22-03-2013, 11:12 PM
He's a great manager. At the time, I wanted him instead of Paddy.. Just being honest.

Nobody can argue with that. Adams has done a far better job when you look at their resources. Ross County are getting much more out of players we have punted, or would have punted.

Boyle89
23-03-2013, 12:29 AM
No. Cant stand the way his team play. Everytime I've seen county play (especially against us) they time waste, dive/ feign injury. He also just annoys me.

He was also part of the CC regime and while he wasnt incharge he certainly didnt bring anything to the table to help improve us.

KiddA
23-03-2013, 01:39 AM

No he is just the flavor of the month after a couple of wins :agree:

CraigK
23-03-2013, 01:44 AM

Apparently he's an evangelical christian, might be something to do with that?

Pete
23-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Watch this, in ten years time he will be at Manchester City delivering them the treble.:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
23-03-2013, 07:29 AM

Completely agree the job he is doing at Ross with the lets be honest a pretty average group of players is nothing short of astounding. The way they walked the first division last year also was a brilliant achievement. Dont care if a manager is popular or not however no-one can dispute that he is getting the best out of each and every one of the players at County, something I am not sure any Hibs managers of the last 10 years can honestly say they achieved. Obviously a very driven and determined guy who gets results.

JimBHibees
23-03-2013, 07:32 AM

I don't get all the personal invective directed at Adams on this site. Have half of the posters actually spent time in his company in order to develop these opinions for themselves? Or are these 'tales' that have emerged from squad members at EM?

Yep no doubt bad mouthed by the high achieving Hibs players clique when he told them how poor they were.

#FromTheCapital
23-03-2013, 08:05 AM
:

I think most of it comes from his comments after they snatched a 1-0 victory from us at Easter road late last year. I can't remember exactly what he said but he basically implied that we were ***** and they were amazing even though it was a terrible game and both teams were pish. Came across as being very bitter.

RIP
23-03-2013, 08:09 AM
A sign of a good club is a board, coach and players with a sense of ambition, feeling of unity, strong work ethic , never say die attitude and getting more out of the squad you have.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2013, 08:45 AM

Adams treated Hibs with massive disrespect.

There is more than one person involved at the club who believe he only took the job because Hibs had resources and finances to fight his disciplinary issues that Ross County never had. The day he got a relatively favourable result was the day he lost any interest in Hibs. I'm just shocked he stayed as long as he did.

I couldn't care if he's the next Fergie, I wouldn't want him back at Hibs.

Golden Bear
23-03-2013, 09:16 AM
He's to be announced as the new Dons manager next week.

Ok Jim - I'll be first -------source?

Wilson
23-03-2013, 09:16 AM
A sign of a good club is a board, coach and players with a sense of ambition, feeling of unity, strong work ethic , never say die attitude and getting more out of the squad you have.

Who says?

Jim44
23-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Ok Jim - I'll be first -------source?

Scotsman this morning.

Jim44
23-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Sorry cancel Adams to Aberdeen ..... It's Derek MCINNES

Golden Bear
23-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Sorry cancel Adams to Aberdeen ..... It's Derek MCINNES

:tee hee:

It's an age thing Jim - or maybe you need to visit Specsavers.

:wink: