PDA

View Full Version : Hampden Capacity NOT reduced

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Just heard on Sportsound that Hampden has had capacity reduced to 45,000 due to commonwealth games redevelopment...

That - if we get to final - will be a nightmare.....better get a ST bought if you want to get in.....

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 02:33 PM
After you take out sponsors / SFA club allocations / Debentures...we will be lucky to get 17,500......:panic:

Gus Fring
09-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I thought the capacity wasn't being reduced until the summer when the running track is added? The whole stadium is closed for almost a year before the games to carry out all the work. There's concerts in the summer as well so it seems like a stupid decision to reduce capacity whilst its still in use?

EH75
09-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Don't think this is happening until next season mate. November rings a bell. In any case I'm 90% sure the capacity is not changing until after the final (if we get there).

ruthven_raiders
09-03-2013, 02:41 PM
I thought the capacity wasn't being reduced until the summer when the running track is added? The whole stadium is closed for almost a year before the games to carry out all the work. There's concerts in the summer as well so it seems like a stupid decision to reduce capacity whilst its still in use?

Yeh that's what I thought, will work begin after cup final. Next years cup final will be Parkhead Ibrox or Murrayfield(probably not!)

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Youre not reading my post guys - was discussed on sportsound with StMirren chairman discussing issues of ticket allocation with Hearts and how the reduction to 45,000 .....etc etc....had made this worse

.Sean.
09-03-2013, 02:45 PM
After you take out sponsors / SFA club allocations / Debentures...we will be lucky to get 17,500......:panic:More than enough for those of us who bother our ***** throughout the season. Tough titties if we go through and you miss out. (Not you as in yourself, DTS.)

Billy Whizz
09-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Youre not reading my post guys - was discussed on sportsound with StMirren chairman discussing issues of ticket allocation with Hearts and how the reduction to 45,000 .....etc etc....had made this worse

I heard this too, that's what they said

LancashireHibby
09-03-2013, 02:50 PM
I think the 45,000 mentioned would be the general allocations after the debentures etc?

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I heard this too, that's what they said

:greengrin Thanks Billy - was surprised as never heard any mention of this before.

I wonder if this is some temporary works that can be reversed before SC semi's / Final :confused: (Communities cup is SFL so would get less preference SC is a big money earner for SFA...why would they agree to that being reduced?

But if thats it then Semis affected but not Final

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I think the 45,000 mentioned would be the general allocations after the debentures etc?

Nope - believe me they said what they said - Debentures were mentioned but very specific about reduced capacity to £45K due to work for C G...

Can't find anything elsewhere about this....im trying....

Billy Whizz
09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Due to be completed in may this year

http://www.urbanrealm.com/news/3852/Hampden_Park_North_Stand_concourse_works_progress. html

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Why the panic? We don't have that many supporters anyway, plenty of tickets to go around.

GoldenEagle
09-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Why the panic? We don't have that many supporters anyway, plenty of tickets to go around.

Your probably fishing but seriously, 17k for a cup final is enough?

Right I know what you mean about having an average hardcore of 8-9k but surely you don't think that there will be "plenty to go around"

Is some way though it might help the club as thousands may be tempted to get a ST for next year... Big upward spiral again

ronaldo7
09-03-2013, 03:02 PM
After you take out sponsors / SFA club allocations / Debentures...we will be lucky to get 17,500......:panic:

2 per season ticket owner still leaves about 1,500 for a public sale:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
2 per season ticket owner still leaves about 1,500 for a public sale:rolleyes:

1 for this years holders and 1 for next season will leave none for public sale, providing we beat Falkirk

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Due to be completed in may this year

http://www.urbanrealm.com/news/3852/Hampden_Park_North_Stand_concourse_works_progress. html

Billy thats all I could find as well, but does not mention effect on use / capacity. 7000 reduction is pretty big

HH81
09-03-2013, 03:05 PM
1 for this years holders and 1 for next season will leave none for public sale, providing we beat Falkirk

What about the Hibernians members :-)

lord bunberry
09-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Reduced capacity means less money for our pink chums

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Way past time to bulldoze that ugly, irrelevant toilet into the dust and build something socially useful on the site, like a correctional facility for starving, shoplifting pensioners.

Why we cling on that embarrassment of a 'stadium' beggars belief and is yet another illustration of the spiritual poverty, corruption and complacency at the heart of our national game.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Your probably fishing but seriously, 17k for a cup final is enough?

Right I know what you mean about having an average hardcore of 8-9k but surely you don't think that there will be "plenty to go around"

Is some way though it might help the club as thousands may be tempted to get a ST for next year... Big upward spiral again

Not fishing at all, merely stating a fact that we are not a well supported team and therefore don't require a huge amount of tickets for a final. If this issue tempts people to buy ST's then all the better but it's not just about folk who can/can't afford season tickets is it.

greenlex
09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Whats the problem. By the time all the ***** that have turned their back because Thomson has returned there will be plenty. Calm the **** down.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Whats the problem. By the time all the ***** that have turned their back because Thomson has returned there will be plenty. Calm the **** down.

Craig or Kevin?

NOLA
09-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Craig or Kevin? :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
09-03-2013, 03:54 PM
More than enough for those of us who bother our ***** throughout the season. Tough titties if we go through and you miss out. (Not you as in yourself, DTS.)

This

tamig
09-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Way past time to bulldoze that ugly, irrelevant toilet into the dust and build something socially useful on the site, like a correctional facility for starving, shoplifting pensioners.

Why we cling on that embarrassment of a 'stadium' beggars belief and is yet another illustration of the spiritual poverty, corruption and complacency at the heart of our national game.

Agreed bob. Done on the cheap and an opportunity missed.

DH1875
09-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Stupid thing is that once the games are over they are gonna return Hampden to the way it is. Why? Take this chance and do something with the dump. Oh and they did say something today about the capacity being cut. If it is as much as 8k then why have games at Hampden when they are already moving next seasons games

EH75
09-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the capacity hasn't been reduced yet, there is a Scotland International in a couple of weeks and there have been no restrictions on sales for that (I'm going and have had verious e-mails from the SSC regarding sales), so don't understand where they are coming from regarding reduced capacities for the wee cup final...

Bristolhibby
09-03-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the capacity hasn't been reduced yet, there is a Scotland International in a couple of weeks and there have been no restrictions on sales for that (I'm going and have had verious e-mails from the SSC regarding sales), so don't understand where they are coming from regarding reduced capacities for the wee cup final...

All I can assume is thet the story about the Buddies having their allocation stolen by the ****s means the capacity is reduced. 2+2=5.

Not read anything about reduced capacity untill next season.

J

wearethehibs
09-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Have you put this thread up because it will affect people buying semi final tickets?

If not I dont think you have to worry, surely a Dundee United v Falkirk final wont make it much hassle for people getting tickets.

Stop counting chickens

InterviewLoI
09-03-2013, 06:14 PM

We'll be lucky to sell that out with our average attendamce around 7500 less than that!

Ringothedog
09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
We'll be lucky to sell that out with our average attendance around 7500 less than that!

With that logic the yams will only be taking 12000, Aberdeen would take 9000, St Mirren would only take 3500 to any cup final. But I forgot we are not a "big team"!!

Ringothedog
09-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Not fishing at all, merely stating a fact that we are not a well supported team and therefore don't require a huge amount of tickets for a final. If this issue tempts people to buy ST's then all the better but it's not just about folk who can/can't afford season tickets is it.

In comparison with who ? If you compare us to the Old firm then yes we are not well supported, if you compare us with an average English premiership club, say Liverpool, again we are not well supported. In Scottish terms we are well supported.

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Agreed bob. Done on the cheap and an opportunity missed.

It wasn't cheap, it was ridiculously expensive, £59m, for what the SFA got. They should have told Queens Park to bolt and built a decent 60K stadium elsewhere e.g. Stirling.

Heisenberg
09-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Why are we even discussing cup final ticket allocations?

greenlex
09-03-2013, 07:09 PM

All I can assume is thet the story about the Buddies having their allocation stolen by the ****s means the capacity is reduced. 2+2=5.

Not read anything about reduced capacity untill next season.

J
The chat on the radio was there was a problem next week at the cup final with ticketing due to decreased capacity for commonwealth games work. That was the chat. That was why the thread was started. I assume they know what they are on about.

Gus Fring
09-03-2013, 07:13 PM
The chat on the radio was there was a problem next week at the cup final with ticketing due to decreased capacity for commonwealth games work. That was the chat. That was why the thread was started. I assume they know what they are on about.

So that means the Semi's will also be reduced surely?

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2013, 07:15 PM
In comparison with who ? If you compare us to the Old firm then yes we are not well supported, if you compare us with an average English premiership club, say Liverpool, again we are not well supported. In Scottish terms we are well supported.

Why does it have to be in comparison to some one? Our core support is such that there will be plenty of tickets with a reduced capacity to allow our small support to all get a ticket.

greenlex
09-03-2013, 07:18 PM
So that means the Semi's will also be reduced surely?
You would think so. Thus this thread.

GoldenEagle
09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Why does it have to be in comparison to some one? Our core support is such that there will be plenty of tickets with a reduced capacity to allow our small support to all get a ticket.

Scouse, that's just blatantly not true.

I'm not going into the argument about who deserves what, don't worry all ST holders would get a ticket before you go there, but IF we get to the final 17,500 is half what we could take. Easily half btw.

To say otherwise is simply spoiling for a bite on a boring Sat evening.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Scouse, that's just blatantly not true.

I'm not going into the argument about who deserves what, don't worry all ST holders would get a ticket before you go there, but IF we get to the final 17,500 is half what we could take. Easily half btw.

To say otherwise is simply spoiling for a bite on a boring Sat evening.

Oh I'm not doubting that we could take 30,000 plus if the tickets were available.

GoldenEagle
09-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh I'm not doubting that we could take 30,000 plus if the tickets were available.

Ah, I see. The small "support" only consists of the guys that go every week, I know where your going with this so I'll happily check out of this thread.

down-the-slope
09-03-2013, 08:03 PM
You would think so. Thus this thread.

:aok: Cheers Lex - one gets it...:greengrin

I'm as confused as anyone as WHY its the case and being done now with little press about it. There is not much info to be found anywhere but when a chairman of a club playing in a Final states this surely it will get picked up soon

Imagine had it been say Hearts against Celtic in the (league cup )final it would be a real big press issue.

Celtic v Dundee United (SC) semi...surely more than 45,000 looking for tickets than that.....

DH1875
09-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Quick check online and the capacity has been cut. When der hun played there at Christmas it was cut by 9k.

Pete
09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Hampden out, Murrayfield in.

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 07:54 AM

Absolutely awful stadium.

jonny
10-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Why are we even discussing cup final ticket allocations?

Because we are in the semi final and have a favorable draw.
I've been worrying about cup final tickets since 20th May last year!

Here's a copy of the Email I sent out to those that traveled on my cup final bus last year (check the bit near the bottom in bold, never lose hope my friend)

The morning (or afternoon) after the night before and already it hurts a little less. The pain hasn't subsided quite enough for me to watch the re-run yet but undoubtedly over the next few days it will. I'll pick through the bones of the performance and argue with myself over where it went wrong. I'll blame the referee, I'll blame individual errors, I might even blame my own mind for allowing it to convince me that if I visited my late mothers grave and asked her to watch out for us and wore my lucky pants then we couldn't possibly lose. According to my dad, mum spoke to him at half time and said - "you *******s are not getting to enjoy yourselves while I'm stuck up here". A bit selfish of her perhaps, maybe next time I'll take her flowers instead of a Hibs scarf to decorate her resting place, I'm confident she'll come round eventually.

The reality is that it wasn't to be our day. It will come, of that I'm certain. It will come in my lifetime, of that I am sure. We will rise again like we always do.

Why do we always rise again? I'll tell you - it's because of who we are, we are the first to wear the green, we are the famous five, we are Paddy Stanton, we are Joe Tortolano, we are Frank Sauzee, we are Eduardo Hurtado, we are Derek Riordan, we are in effect everyone who has supported, played for or managed our famous and proud club. We are Hibernian F.C.

I'd like to offer my thanks to everyone that joined me on the coach trip through to Hampden. The day started well, progressed on to fantastic and then...... well, enough said.

I'll be running a Hibs supporters bus to the cup final next year :-o and would be very glad to have you all join me again. I'm led to believe that next years final will be on the Sunday due to the Champions League final being at Wembley (why that would affect our day I don't know) but you can all rest assured that the ground work is already being done to find a watering hole on the other side of the M8 that'll provide us with early refreshments.

Hopefully see you all next year
Glory Glory

Keith_M
10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Can I just clarify, The Scottish Cup Final is this year being played in a stadium with a capacity for the day of 45,000?

Meanwhile, we have 3 other stadia in Scotland with larger capacities: 52,000, 60,000 and 67,000.

Can anyone explain to me how that makes sense?

EDIT: I would like to propose, in the event that hibs win their semi-final, that we have a campaign to play the final in the 66,000 capacity Allianz Arena. Who's with me? :greengrin

HH81
10-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Can I just clarify, The Scottish Cup Final is this year being played in a stadium with a capacity for the day of 45,000?

Meanwhile, we have 3 other stadia in Scotland with larger capacities: 52,000, 60,000 and 67,000.

Can anyone explain to me how that makes sense?

EDIT: I would like to propose, in the event that hibs win their semi-final, that we have a campaign to play the final in the 66,000 capacity Allianz Arena. Who's with me? :greengrin

My vote is for Old Trafford, 2 birds with one stone etc :-)

hfc rd
10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I've always had a feeling that Hampden should be for rugby and Murrayfield for the football.

DH1875
12-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Anyone know when the tickets for the semi final are due to go on sale? Also, did we ever find out if the capacity has been cut for it or not?

Kris1875
12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
I'd imagine in the next week or so mate , capacity wise was talking to a few guys on Sunday and they reckon its between 7-9k that's been chopped off .

DarrenSQH
12-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Where are the seats that are missing?

Kris1875
12-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I'd be lying if I said I knew I'd imagine down the front if its to do with a track . I will say the figure I said wasnt a definite or if its been done/started yet just what I was told on Sunday .

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 01:50 PM

I thought the stadium was being renovated in November?

Billy Whizz

Doesn't say specifically

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/assets/uploads/downloads/PDFs/North%20Stand%20Catering%20Works.pdf

CropleyWasGod

In a skip.

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Doesn't say specifically

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/assets/uploads/downloads/PDFs/North%20Stand%20Catering%20Works.pdf

Surely that only affects the concourse behind the seats not the seats themselves.

Scottie
12-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Been reading capacity cut from 52,000 - 44,000 for the commonwealth games
Queens Park being relocated by Oct 2013 if not before due to ground sharing issues
Pitch being raised 1.9 metres to accomodate the running track hence the need for reduced seating.

North stand being refurbished after the games

All this taken into account i'd be amazed if the capacity will be cut until the new season but this is the SFA were taking about after all.

DH1875
12-03-2013, 02:00 PM
There was only 26k at the league cup semi final. Don't know if that had anything to do with the capacity or not but that's poor with it being St Mirren and Celtic.

Keith_M
12-03-2013, 02:08 PM
There was only 26k at the league cup semi final. Don't know if that had anything to do with the capacity or not but that's poor with it being St Mirren and Celtic.

Poor but normal.

Everyone imagines that Celtc take 40k or so to Semi-finals but it's just not the case. Last years SC Semi between them and the Yams had an attendance of 36,609. Out of that, the Yams would have had a reasonable support so there had to be less than 30k Celtc fans.

12-03-2013, 02:11 PM
How many are we expected to take through roughly?

Kris1875
12-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Poor but normal.

Everyone imagines that Celtc take 40k or so to Semi-finals but it's just not the case. Last years SC Semi between them and the Yams had an attendance of 36,609. Out of that, the Yams would have had a reasonable support so there had to be less than 30k Celtc fans.

Maybe they're making the stadium bigger so it holds the 400000 puddle drinking mutants ?

Kris1875
12-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Did we not take around 15k ish last year and that's when we were really gash . Hopefully in the 20k +?

DH1875
12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Poor but normal.

Sounds like our game could have the bigger crowd. Reckon we will easily take 20k+ to the game. Falkirk will have maybe as many as 15k so reckon it'll push them close.

DH1875
12-03-2013, 04:27 PM

With there being no club membership this year I fully expect us to take over 20k for this one. Just in case the stub means something :pray::pray::pray:.

pontius pilate
12-03-2013, 04:46 PM
I'd expect the same around 20,000 for this with stubs being kept for a final ticket hopefully

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Sounds like our game could have the bigger crowd. Reckon we will easily take 20k+ to the game. Falkirk will have maybe as many as 15k so reckon it'll push them close.

I dont see us taking 20k and I certainly dont see Falkirk taking 15k, hope they do though. More like us 15k and them about 7k IMO.

lucky
12-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I dont see us taking 20k and I certainly dont see Falkirk taking 15k, hope they do though. More like us 15k and them about 7k IMO.

Think Jim is about right. Only way both will take more if they agree a joint statement on ticket stubs for priority for final tickets after the clubs season ticket holders and members.

Albanian Hibs
12-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Falkirk wont take 15k

alan1875
12-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I think there will be about 26000 total. We'll be about 18000 and the rest Falkirk, sponsors , comps etc.

Hopefully more obviously but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised.

Don't see them using a stub system (if we do get there) either. No doubt it will be Same as last year with STs first etc...

GGTTH! Can't wait!

Planet Hibs
12-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Would imagine if we get to final hibs would be wanting to attract more fans to Easter road for remaining home games and link this in with cup final priorities after existing season tix / next season tix purchases

Frazerbob
12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I wish they'd at least tell us which end we're getting so we can book the bus into one of our usual pre-match clubs.

ruthven_raiders
12-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I wish they'd at least tell us which end we're getting so we can book the bus into one of our usual pre-match clubs.

We couldn't get into pubs with our 7 yr old son last year tho previous games at hampden we've got in, hoping this semi the pubs are more relaxed as its Falkirk we are playing. Taking our little girl to her first game as she will be nearly 3 and big brother will keep her entertained with the help of IPhones lol reason for taking our 2 kids this time is that there are no babysitters available.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2013, 07:25 PM

The end we always get..And why would what end we get make a difference to where you drink ?

007 Mickey Weir
12-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Would imagine if we get to final hibs would be wanting to attract more fans to Easter road for remaining home games and link this in with cup final priorities after existing season tix / next season tix purchases

Got to agree with this. If we get to the final and it is reduced capacity of 44000. Take of corp and sponsorship it will prob leave under 20000 available for final.

The club would use this to shift season tickets for next year. 8000 tickets for this years ST and if we sell another 8000 again that would leave only about 2/3000 for general sale.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2013, 08:18 PM
There's no danger that Falkirk will be taking 15,000 to this game. I'd be surprised if they took 10,000.

I expect us to take between 15-18,000 so I reckon an attendance in the region of about 22-25,000 is realistic.

DH1875
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Got to agree with this. If we get to the final and it is reduced capacity of 44000. Take of corp and sponsorship it will prob leave under 20000 available for final.

The club would use this to shift season tickets for next year. 8000 tickets for this years ST and if we sell another 8000 again that would leave only about 2/3000 for general sale.

We only get 20k tickets when its 52k. If its cut to 44k we will only get about 15k tickets IF we get there.

Brooster
12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
We only get 20k tickets when its 52k. If its cut to 44k we will only get about 15k tickets IF we get there.

Good. 2 each for every season ticket holder. No day trippers.

Albanian Hibs
12-03-2013, 09:00 PM

Yip, would be happy with that if we get there.

Craig_in_Prague
12-03-2013, 09:17 PM

And stuff the fans travelling back that pay a lot eh.

Brooster
12-03-2013, 09:21 PM

That's one way of putting it. Only fair that we look after the fans who go week in week out no?

Craig_in_Prague
12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
That's one way of putting it. Only fair that we look after the fans who go week in week out no?

Those that go week in week out get a ticket no bother. How much more should they be looked after?

monktonharp
12-03-2013, 09:41 PM
The end we always get..And why would what end we get make a difference to where you drink ?think that's crucial,as there will only be time for 3 pints maybe before ko?:confused:

DH1875
12-03-2013, 09:44 PM
think that's crucial,as there will only be time for 3 pints maybe before ko?:confused:

Reckon we will be in the end as last years semi so just go where you went then.

Squealing pig
13-03-2013, 08:43 AM
When are the tickets on sale

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 08:55 AM

OK, I'll bite.

So, who's the other person? You can absolutely guarantee that a Season Ticket holder buying a second ticket will ensure it goes to someone that attends ER regularly and not give it to their Wife/Granny/"Celtc Supporting Mate From Work That's Never Been To A Game Before"?

flash
13-03-2013, 08:56 AM
think that's crucial,as there will only be time for 3 pints maybe before ko?:confused:

It's a half 12 kick off. Why do people need a drink at that time?

marinello59
13-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Everybody that lives more than an a two hour journey away from Easter Road should be guaranteed a ticket. :thumbsup:

Squealing pig
13-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Everybody that lives more than an a two hour journey away from Easter Road should be guaranteed a ticket. :thumbsup:

Happy days.

Frazerbob
13-03-2013, 10:26 AM

It's only fair, we are the long distance úber fans after all :wink:

PatHead
13-03-2013, 10:49 AM
OK, I'll bite.

So, who's the other person? You can absolutely guarantee that a Season Ticket holder buying a second ticket will ensure it goes to someone that attends ER regularly and not give it to their Wife/Granny/"Celtc Supporting Mate From Work That's Never Been To A Game Before"?

Obviously, the highest bidder. Could make some good dosh ripping off someone travelling half way round the world to get there. Sure they would pay anything. :devil:

PatHead
13-03-2013, 10:51 AM
It's only fair, we are the long distance úber fans after all :wink:

Unless the game is in Aberdeen. Don't like counting chickens though. Seen us beaten too often in semis.

DH1875
13-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm guessing we will find out at the weekend if it's been reduced or not. How many tickets have St.Mirren and the yams got for the final?

JimBHibees
13-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm guessing we will find out at the weekend if it's been reduced or not. How many tickets have St.Mirren and the yams got for the final?

Thinks Hearts 25k St Mirren 16k so it may be right.

JeMeSouviens
13-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I mailed Hampden's customer services:

Thank you for your e-mail. The capacity for the Scottish Cup semi
finals and final is not reduced, it will be 52,000.

Customer Services Team

Pete
13-03-2013, 02:11 PM
It's a half 12 kick off. Why do people need a drink at that time?

It helps make the match bearable?

PatHead
13-03-2013, 02:14 PM

Why did I not think of that! :rolleyes:

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Could one of the Admins please change the title of this thread, to reflect the fact that the current one, as a statement, is a load of b*ll*x.

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 04:14 PM
FACT, ENDOF, etc, etc.

read this (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?258892-Hampden-Capacity-reduced&p=3535482&viewfull=1#post3535482)

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Those that go week in week out get a ticket no bother. How much more should they be looked after?

"Looked after"?? Maybe it's a reward to thank supporter's who actually had the balls to buy a season ticket after last season....

FWIW I never bothered taking the additional ticket option for the Final, had a great time laughing at those trying to be nice to me in the hope of them receiving my additional one......

Baldy Foghorn
13-03-2013, 06:12 PM

These arguments happen every time we are near a Final. Season ticket members should always be catered for first, but there should also be something in place for "walk-ups", who attend the Holy Ground when they can......Quite how overseas fans can complain about ticketing is beyond me.....

hibbymick
13-03-2013, 06:59 PM
If we get to the final i cant see rod missing a trick to bring in extra revenue. 1X ticket per season ticket holder and he will work oot how the rest of them get one. Stubs or a voucher given at one of the home games.

hibbybrian
13-03-2013, 07:01 PM
These arguments happen every time we are near a Final. Season ticket members should always be catered for first, but there should also be something in place for "walk-ups", who attend the Holy Ground when they can......Quite how overseas fans can complain about ticketing is beyond me.....

Don't know of any overseas fans specifically complaining about ticketing but bear in mind the contributions some overseas fans make to the club.

I bought 2 full season tickets and 2 half season tickets for Kicks for Kids (so at least 4 kids who wouldn't otherwise have been able to watch Hibs have a chance to get to home matches), paid for a season ticket for Hibernian Tv and a half season ticket for Hibs TvXtra and have contributed to sponsoring 3 players shirts totaling over 400 quid to the club, more than the cost of a season ticket, without having the pleasure of attending a match at ER at all this season.

Last season was about the same and the only way I could get a ticket for the cup final was to pay 180 quid to get a ticket on the Hibs package deal.

I (and other overseas supporters who contribute to the club) don't expect to get the priority that's given to season ticket holders, but given the relatively small numbers who can make it back for a cup final, I would hope that a small allocation of tickets could be made available.

Craig_in_Prague
13-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Because many put plenty dosh into the club without the benefit of actually being able to attend ER.
Everyone agrees ST are priority, but not 2 tickets each.

If you dont think all the fans abroad deserve a ticket or should stand a chance of obtaining one, thats your opinion.

FranckSuzy
13-03-2013, 09:36 PM
My spare ticket went to an overseas fan last year and I would do the same the next time. Massive effort/expense to attend so IMHO, they deserve it.

Jonnyboy
13-03-2013, 09:50 PM
My spare ticket went to an overseas fan last year and I would do the same the next time. Massive effort/expense to attend so IMHO, they deserve it.

:aok: Ditto :agree:

Scottie
13-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Don't know of any overseas fans specifically complaining about ticketing but bear in mind the contributions some overseas fans make to the club.

I bought 2 full season tickets and 2 half season tickets for Kicks for Kids (so at least 4 kids who wouldn't otherwise have been able to watch Hibs have a chance to get to home matches), paid for a season ticket for Hibernian Tv and a half season ticket for Hibs TvXtra and have contributed to sponsoring 3 players shirts totaling over 400 quid to the club, more than the cost of a season ticket, without having the pleasure of attending a match at ER at all this season.

Last season was about the same and the only way I could get a ticket for the cup final was to pay 180 quid to get a ticket on the Hibs package deal.

I (and other overseas supporters who contribute to the club) don't expect to get the priority that's given to season ticket holders, but given the relatively small numbers who can make it back for a cup final, I would hope that a small allocation of tickets could be made available.

Very good post Brian.Congratulate all oversea's supporters who do what they can to support the club.Money is tight for everyone so its great to hear of people like yourself who put their hand in their pockets to support the club.Unfortunatly its the people who don't contribute anything into the club who usually shout the loudest when it comes to cup final ticket entitlement. Greeting from the sunny uk :aok:

FranckSuzy
13-03-2013, 10:15 PM
:aok: Ditto :agree:

The fact that I then had 2 spare tickets because :grr: I decided it was a good idea to do the hospitality malarky with my brother (which set me back £290 :eek:) is neither here nor there :rolleyes: . At least the free drink numbed the pain :drunk: :boo hoo::greengrin

Edit: Both went to overseas fans

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2013, 11:14 PM
IF .................. and I mean if, coz we have no right to disrespect another club given our track record in semis, not to mention finals, we get to the cup final the game should be moved to Murrayfield in the event that Hampden does have a reduced capacity .. though that seems unlikely give what others have posted in the last few pages. To play the cup final in a 44,000 capacity stadium would make us a laughing stock.

If we do make it and especially if we play celic The Tache will play the same card as last year ... nae doubt about that. Cant blame him, its his job to maximise income and ST holders.

As for the semi I would guess about 24,000 ......... 16k us and 8k them, any more would be a bonus.

As for Hampden itsself ......... It is by a country mile the worst national stadium in the UK and Ireland .... compared to Wembley, The Millenium stadium and The Aviva arena its a hole ... thats not even allowing for Murrayfield, Twickenham and Croke Park.

The Commonwealth games should have been a Heaven sent opportunity to turn Hampden into a stadium fit for the 21st century ... Instead of that they go for the cheapest option available ...... Millions were spent on the Olympic games stadium with only the hope that a pro football club would want to buy or rent it preventing it from ending up an expensive white Elephant. Where did Glasgow go wrong?

Pretty poor stuff that a single football club ( Arsenal ) have the pulling power and business accumen to build a stadium that makes Hampden look like a Junior Fitba ground and a whole country cant even get close to matching them.

The_Sauz
13-03-2013, 11:29 PM
IF .................. and I mean if, coz we have no right to disrespect another club given our track record in semis, not to mention finals, we get to the cup final the game should be moved to Murrayfield in the event that Hampden does have a reduced capacity .. though that seems unlikely give what others have posted in the last few pages. To play the cup final in a 44,000 capacity stadium would make us a laughing stock.

If we do make it and especially if we play celic The Tache will play the same card as last year ... nae doubt about that. Cant blame him, its his job to maximise income and ST holders.

As for the semi I would guess about 24,000 ......... 16k us and 8k them, any more would be a bonus.

As for Hampden itsself ......... It is by a country mile the worst national stadium in the UK and Ireland .... compared to Wembley, The Millenium stadium and The Aviva arena its a hole ... thats not even allowing for Murrayfield, Twickenham and Croke Park.

The Commonwealth games should have been a Heaven sent opportunity to turn Hampden into a stadium fit for the 21st century ... Instead of that they go for the cheapest option available ...... Millions were spent on the Olympic games stadium with only the hope that a pro football club would want to buy or rent it preventing it from ending up an expensive white Elephant. Where did Glasgow go wrong?

Pretty poor stuff that a single football club ( Arsenal ) have the pulling power and business accumen to build a stadium that makes Hampden look like a Junior Fitba ground and a whole country cant even get close to matching them.
The Government (Tax payers:wink:) paid millions into the Olympics, but they are putting nothing into the Commonwealth games....just like they did the last time Edinburgh had them in 1986 :agree:

LancashireHibby
14-03-2013, 10:21 AM
And don't forget that the last time Britain hosted the Commonwealth Games, Manchester ended up with a top notch stadium.

Keith_M
14-03-2013, 04:04 PM
To play the cup final in a 44,000 capacity stadium would make us a laughing stock..

It's not reduced, re-read the thread title and post number #96

woody0-7
21-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know if Hamden is definitely being used for the Scottish cup final with the commonwealth games on in summer?

Purehibee_MYB
21-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Commonwealth Games are next year pal, so yeah it'll be at Hampden this year at least :aok:

woody0-7
21-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Commonwealth Games are next year pal, so yeah it'll be at Hampden this year at least :aok:

Oooopppps gotta lay off the silly cigarettes!