PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Motherwell on Friday

hibs4thecup1988
13-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Well after Sunday's fiasco it is back to business on Friday. Who is heading through, and how many do we reckon we will take?

Planning on going through with mini me, we have not lost an away game he has been at so hope it continues...!

Anyone any idea of parking? Where can I park the car that is a shortish distance to walk? Travelling from the SECC as well...hope Glasgow is not too busy to get out of :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
13-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Working so won't make it sadly.

Always enjoy Friday night games and the trip toMotherwell so hopefully we take good numbers.

hibsbollah
13-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Ive been last two evening games there and getting parked is no problem. Theres a few residential streets near the ground along the side of the school where you can park.

calumhibee1
13-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Me + 2. Massive game for us, we need to avoid defeat to have a chance of top 6 IMO.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Can't get the afternoon off work so this is the first time in three or four Motherwell away games that I won't be going :boo hoo:

BarneyBreslin
13-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Heading along on the bounce bus, 70 seater, all seats taken. Quite like the Friday night football personally.

I'm_cabbaged
13-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Is it on the box? Driving from Glasgow late Thursday an cannae be arsed driving back through there.

Albanian Hibs
13-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Is it on the box? Driving from Glasgow late Thursday an cannae be arsed driving back through there.

Espn

.Sean.
13-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Found out this morning I can make it. Delighted.

--------
13-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Just a wee thought - remember the last game we played through there? What happened when the score was 1-0 Hibs? :rolleyes:

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20000664)"Steven Hammell's header crossed the line before Hibs goalkeeper Ben Williams was able to claw the ball away but no goal was awarded."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20090262

"According to some of our players, some of the decisions may have gone for us," said Fenlon. "But I'm delighted for the players. I haven't seen it yet [the Hammell header]. It looked like a good save from our point of view, but we should be talking about our first goal as well because it was fantastic. There was some good football in the game as well. I know, obviously, there will be talk about what went on with some of the decisions but there was good football from both sides too."

Leishy1995
13-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Just a wee thought - remember the last game we played through there? What happened when the score was 1-0 Hibs? :rolleyes:

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20000664)"Steven Hammell's header crossed the line before Hibs goalkeeper Ben Williams was able to claw the ball away but no goal was awarded."

"According to some of our players, some of the decisions may have gone for us," said Fenlon. "But I'm delighted for the players. I haven't seen it yet [the Hammell header]. It looked like a good save from our point of view, but we should be talking about our first goal as well because it was fantastic. There was some good football in the game as well. I know, obviously, there will be talk about what went on with some of the decisions but there was good football from both sides too."

That goal wasn't a 40 yard free kick that nobody touched before it came out. Also with multiple bodies in view.

squire
13-03-2013, 01:41 PM
What time does everyone reckon you would need to leave on friday to get to Motherwell in time if driving through?

hibsbollah
13-03-2013, 03:49 PM

That was one of the first things i thought of after the weekend game. We were behind the goals and it was obviously over the line. They were hard done by with another couple of decisions that night IIRC.

JimBHibees
13-03-2013, 04:00 PM
What time does everyone reckon you would need to leave on friday to get to Motherwell in time if driving through?

If from Livingston I would give it an hour, the A71 to Newmains probably your best way then through Wishaw.

frazeHFC
13-03-2013, 04:14 PM
We always seem to take a good support to Motherwell, and the Friday night games have been brilliant. 4-0 game was one of my favourite ever away trips, great atmosphere.

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Have Hibs ever lost either a Monday or Friday evening game?

I have a feeling not, but I'm getting a bit old so could well be wrong.

millarco
13-03-2013, 04:19 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21318817

That memory isn't what it used to be! :greengrin

hibeequinn
13-03-2013, 04:23 PM
were we not beat 3-1 from St Johnstone on a Monday a can't remember.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

JimBHibees
13-03-2013, 04:29 PM
were we not beat 3-1 from St Johnstone on a Monday a can't remember.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

--------
13-03-2013, 04:58 PM
That goal wasn't a 40 yard free kick that nobody touched before it came out. Also with multiple bodies in view.

It was a goal, and obviously a goal at the time. And as Bollah says, we had the rub of the green from the referee on a couple of other occasions that evening.

Just saying, refereeing decisions don't ALWAYS go against us.

eastterrace
13-03-2013, 08:19 PM
That was one of the first things i thought of after the weekend game. We were behind the goals and it was obviously over the line. They were hard done by with another couple of decisions that night IIRC.
i was behind the goals as well bottom sectionand i couldnt tell it was over sodont know how you managed it, also if you see it on the telly it was marginal not quite like sundays:flag:

Scottie
13-03-2013, 08:35 PM
i was behind the goals as well bottom sectionand i couldnt tell it was over sodont know how you managed it, also if you see it on the telly it was marginal not quite like sundays:flag:

It wasn't marginal to be honest
It only appeared that way as big ben was flying across the line into the net.It was a good 2 foot over the line.
McDonald on Sunday was nowhere near it hence why it didn't look anywhere near marginal.Sunday was also a good 2-3 foot over though.

Steve-O
13-03-2013, 08:49 PM

Got beat 4-2 at Kilmarnock in about 1996 when they first tried Friday football.

eastterrace
13-03-2013, 09:00 PM
It wasn't marginal to be honest
It only appeared that way as big ben was flying across the line into the net.It was a good 2 foot over the line.
McDonald on Sunday was nowhere near it hence why it didn't look anywhere near marginal.Sunday was also a good 2-3 foot over though.

look at it again it wasnt two feet over, you must go fishing , i caught a two footer when it was about six inches

Scottie
13-03-2013, 09:08 PM
look at it again it wasnt two feet over, you must go fishing , i caught a two footer when it was about six inches

Things always look smaller when you look down :greengrin
Maybe you and the officials from Sunday need a trip to specksavers :na na:

hibsbollah
13-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Im not speculating about size, its a bit yammish :greengrin All id say is we both knew it had crossed the line and couldnt believe we'd escaped. Also wotherspoon was tripped outside the box when the penalty that Sparky scored from was awarded.

Great night, ****ing freezing, but 0-4 wasnt a fair reflection on the game...could have gone either way.

eastterrace
13-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Things always look smaller when you look down :greengrin
Maybe you and the officials from Sunday need a trip to specksavers :na na:

maybe you shouldnae look down then , two feet , do you know what that looks like maybe you had a few that night and your eyes seen things bigger also under the floodlights didnt help so i will let you off for your comment:aok:

Scottie
13-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Im not speculating about size, its a bit yammish :greengrin All id say is we both knew it had crossed the line and couldnt believe we'd escaped. Also wotherspoon was tripped outside the box when the penalty that Sparky scored from was awarded.

Great night, ****ing freezing, but 0-4 wasnt a fair reflection on the game...could have gone either way.

We got away with a fair few that night lets hope history repeats itself on Friday night. :pfgwa

eastterrace
13-03-2013, 09:21 PM

yes agree the score flattered us but from were i was you couldnt tell it was over , i guessed it was , but two feet that half pint said , afraid no where near that far in.:aok:

Scottie
13-03-2013, 09:23 PM
maybe you shouldnae look down then , two feet , do you know what that looks like maybe you had a few that night and your eyes seen things bigger also under the floodlights didnt help so i will let you off for your comment:aok:

Quality mate.
Your right though everytime i do look doon after a few bevvies its bigger.My feet are massive. :thumbsup:

eastterrace
13-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Quality mate.
Your right though everytime i do look doon after a few bevvies its bigger.My feet are massive. :thumbsup:

think i might take up this drinking lark as well:aok:

DanTheMan
13-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm going + 2 :agree:

Scottie
13-03-2013, 09:38 PM
think i might take up this drinking lark as well:aok:

I wouldny cause when the hangovers subsided it's real dissapointing to go back to reality :wink: