PDA

View Full Version : A sure Winner at Easter Road!!

spike220
13-03-2013, 07:43 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/12/article-0-188A0AFC000005DC-10_634x404.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292037/Pictures-Fans-watch-match-sipping-beer-Jacuzzi.html

Get it sorted Petrie, we could make a fortune!

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292037/Pictures-Fans-watch-match-sipping-beer-Jacuzzi.html

Get it sorted Petrie, we could make a fortune!

You do know you can't drink alcohol at football matches, don't you?

Aside from that, seems like a reasonable gift for all the gay couples in your life :wink:

spike220
13-03-2013, 08:53 AM
You do know you can't drink alcohol at football matches, don't you?

Aside from that, seems like a reasonable gift for all the gay couples in your life :wink:

I was thinking about the hot tub not the beer.

and you dont have to bring a guy witth you!!!! Although uncle Rod might want share with you.

And just to clarify you dont need to cheer for the Grasshoppers either!

Golden Bear
13-03-2013, 09:00 AM
A wee bit of a thread hijack but it seems to be within the law to drink at rugby games. It seems football fans are not to be trusted in this age of equality.

:coffee:

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 09:02 AM
A wee bit of a thread hijack but it seems to be within the law to drink at rugby games. It seems football fans are not to be trusted in this age of equality.

AND they allow pitchside Saunas at Swiss matches. Life's a bitch!!

yeezus.
13-03-2013, 09:08 AM
I'd hate to see beer at football matches, nothing worse than pissed up nutters falling down stairs.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2013, 09:09 AM

Does seem strange. Especially considering some of the behaviour i've had to deal with from rugby fans is far worse than anything i've evrr seen from football fans.

Personally fans of any sport where people politely applaud when the other team score aren't to be trusted at all imo.

Bostonhibby
13-03-2013, 09:17 AM

We could set one of these up on the shy lines and they would be a useful base to contain the linesmen then they could reasonably say they didn't have a proper sight of what's obvious to the rest of us.

DC_Hibs
13-03-2013, 10:01 AM

Perfect for the Gorgie pigs then as they would like nothing better than to watch Young Boys in the sauna (oder?)

You keep setting them up pal...............

Sudds_1
13-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Does seem strange. Especially considering some of the behaviour i've had to deal with from rugby fans is far worse than anything i've evrr seen from football fans.Personally fans of any sport where people politely applaud when the other team score aren't to be trusted at all imo.I applaud regularly every time someone scores against THEM. But there is something decidedly creepy about that photo!

Keith_M
13-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Perfect for the Gorgie pigs then as they would like nothing better than to watch Young Boys in the sauna (oder?)

You keep setting them up pal...............

Ich bin hier die ganze woche :wink:

lord bunberry
13-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Does seem strange. Especially considering some of the behaviour i've had to deal with from rugby fans is far worse than anything i've evrr seen from football fans.

Personally fans of any sport where people politely applaud when the other team score aren't to be trusted at all imo.

Agreed some of the idiots that got in my taxi after the last 2 rugby matches was unbelievable. There is nothing worse than the drunk middle classes on there biennial jaunt to the rugger

legends of 73
13-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Agreed some of the idiots that got in my taxi after the last 2 rugby matches was unbelievable. There is nothing worse than the drunk middle classes on there biennial jaunt to the rugger

Totally agree never picked up so many a@@eholes in my life like the ones I had to endure last weekend

AberdreamHibee
13-03-2013, 12:47 PM

Because rugby fans don't have the same contingent of mindless bams that want to scrap, sing sectarian/racist/dead people songs, young teams wanting a scrap and nearly the same animosity.

Don't get me wrong, I think 95% of football fans are 'well behaved'...but at rugby you never hear the language and hate anywhere in the stadium that you hear usually within 5-10 seats at a football match.

The differences are even reflected in the players...football: a game for gentlemen played by thugs and rugby a game for thugs played by gentlemen.

I can sit amongst the English at a 6 nations game, get a slagging off for being scottish (nothing outrageous) and everyone has a laugh. Like **** that would happen at a Scotland England football game if the fans are mixed.
Football fans are separated for a reason, they are often not allowed to drink for this same reason: the 5% of morons that throw coins etc would be even worse and maybe grow my 3-5% if more alcohol was consumed all round.

It also varies by team-to-team. I have made a massive generalisation in the above statement. I think there would be very little in the way of violence at a Hibs game if we can drink...but for teams such as Celtic and Rangers it would be a wholly different case and I'd hate to imagine the results. Unfortunately you cannot ban drinking by fanbase or match so for that reason and the ones above...good.

I know a guy from Germany who went to a Hearts v Celtic clash...he came back and said "I now see why Scots aren't allowed booze in the stadium".

Ross4356
13-03-2013, 12:52 PM
4, 4 seater hot tubs at each end of the East at £500 a go would get us a 2k a week player

Pretty Boy
13-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Because rugby fans don't have the same contingent of mindless bams that want to scrap, sing sectarian/racist/dead people songs, young teams wanting a scrap and nearly the same animosity.

Don't get me wrong, I think 95% of football fans are 'well behaved'...but at rugby you never hear the language and hate anywhere in the stadium that you hear usually within 5-10 seats at a football match.

The differences are even reflected in the players...football: a game for gentlemen played by thugs and rugby a game for thugs played by gentlemen.

I can sit amongst the English at a 6 nations game, get a slagging off for being scottish (nothing outrageous) and everyone has a laugh. Like **** that would happen at a Scotland England football game if the fans are mixed.
Football fans are separated for a reason, they are often not allowed to drink for this same reason: the 5% of morons that throw coins etc would be even worse and maybe grow my 3-5% if more alcohol was consumed all round.

It also varies by team-to-team. I have made a massive generalisation in the above statement. I think there would be very little in the way of violence at a Hibs game if we can drink...but for teams such as Celtic and Rangers it would be a wholly different case and I'd hate to imagine the results. Unfortunately you cannot ban drinking by fanbase or match so for that reason and the ones above...good.

I know a guy from Germany who went to a Hearts v Celtic clash...he came back and said "I now see why Scots aren't allowed booze in the stadium".

They allow alcohol in EPL stadiums.

Has there been a 5% increase in idiocy at their games?

Ross4356
13-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd hate to see beer at football matches, nothing worse than pissed up nutters falling down stairs.

I would love to see it, I never seen any at Old Trafford. Also maybe people wouldn't feel the need to get the drinks down their neck before getting to ER if they could have a couple watching the game. Not to mention the amount of cash it would bring it 10,000 beers at £3 would gi you good couple of players

PatHead
13-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Was at the rugby for the first time in a few years at the weekend doing a TQM. Boring game, followed by "fans" who only go so they can tell everyone they were there. Atmosphere was worse than Easter Road during Calderwood era. Yes they did get a drink if they wanted it but personally I don't need to drink during a game, I can manage without for 2 hours.

Seveno
13-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I suspect that this is a draft story that is due to be puiblished in 19 days and someone pressed the wrong button.

yeezus.
13-03-2013, 01:28 PM
I would love to see it, I never seen any at Old Trafford. Also maybe people wouldn't feel the need to get the drinks down their neck before getting to ER if they could have a couple watching the game. Not to mention the amount of cash it would bring it 10,000 beers at £3 would gi you good couple of players

I think a large number of people would take a lot more than a couple. It would just cause trouble IMO but then I don't drink alcohol.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I think a large number of people would take a lot more than a couple. It would just cause trouble IMO but then I don't drink alcohol.

The EPL only allows drinking in the concourse areas so if you choose to have more than a couple you miss a large chunk of the gsme.

If people choose to pay £24 plus £3 a pint to do something they could do in the pub for a fraction of the price then more fool them.

givescotlandfreedom
13-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Totally agree never picked up so many a@@eholes in my life like the ones I had to endure last weekend

I encountered some similar people myself last weekend who were obnoxious and arrogant or 'in high spirits' as we're apparently meant to call them.

silverhibee
13-03-2013, 01:57 PM

Is it not just in Scotland that you are not allowed to drink at games, you can get a drink at games down South.

hibeedonald
13-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Nah no chance, Pints against Celtic/Hearts shouldn't be allowed, but the likes of inverness etc its madness you can't buy a pint.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2013, 02:26 PM
That hot tub isn't a patch on one I saw at a Sheffield Eagles rugby game the other year, with the beers brought by Spearmint Rhino waitresses! :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
13-03-2013, 03:34 PM

:hmmm:

Was it you in that position on Sunday? :greengrin Someone was absolutely reeking top of section 42 and took a nasty tumble!

yeezus.
13-03-2013, 03:43 PM
:hmmm:

Was it you in that position on Sunday? :greengrin Someone was absolutely reeking top of section 42 and took a nasty tumble!

haha, nah it wasn't me - half 12 is no use for getting to ER from Stranraer!

yeezus.
13-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Nah no chance, Pints against Celtic/Hearts shouldn't be allowed, but the likes of inverness etc its madness you can't buy a pint.

You must know Scots well enough to know that a large number would get pissed no matter who we were playing - be it Stranraer or Celtic?

Golden Bear
13-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Is it not just in Scotland that you are not allowed to drink at games, you can get a drink at games down South.

That could be right.

I blame it entirely on the SNP government and the plethora of nanny state legislation that they've introduced or about to introduce. There again what do you expect with one of THEM as the First Minister?!

:offski:

Franck Stanton
13-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Total crazieness, England had/has a much worse problem with football violence/hooliganism than we in Scotland ever have , it was them and their daft antics that caused us all to have all-seater stadiums, no drinking alcohol on buses to/from football grounds and yet, we in Scotland are punished and they are not. One law for them and another for us. Yes different football authorities but we are all one land when it comes to law enforcement are we not ?

--------
13-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Total crazieness, England had/has a much worse problem with football violence/hooliganism than we in Scotland ever have , it was them and their daft antics that caused us all to have all-seater stadiums, no drinking alcohol on buses to/from football grounds and yet, we in Scotland are punished and they are not. One law for them and another for us. Yes different football authorities but we are all one land when it comes to law enforcement are we not ?

I thought it was the Taylor Report post-Hillsborough that led to all-seater stadiums? Hillsborough wasn't caused by hooliganism, drunken fans, or any other 'daft antics'.

What we have at Easter Road is a modern, well-designed safe place to watch football. I would have thought that as long as those drinking have to stay on the concourse (I don't particularly want to be drenched in beer because some idiot's tripped over some other idiot's feet while carrying pints of beer back to his/her/its seat) I think it's something that could/should be explored.

But hot tubs behind the goals? Erm, naw.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2013, 10:22 PM
I thought it was the Taylor Report post-Hillsborough that led to all-seater stadiums? Hillsborough wasn't caused by hooliganism, drunken fans, or any other 'daft antics'.
Correct. And wasn't the drinking ban in Scotland brought in after the Rantic riot at Hampden, 1980ish?