PDA

View Full Version : Joke Don't Judge a book by it's cover

MB62
12-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Again, not really a Joke as this was said in all honesty. It's a wee story about my Great Nephew and his up coming school work which I thought was quite funny and shows how bairns think at times.

Apparently it is National Book Week, and on Friday the school has asked the children to dress up as their favourite character from a book.

Mum: “Who are you going dressed as?”

Pat: “James McPake”

Mum: “James McPake?? He's not been in a book"!

Pat; "Yes he has"

Mum; "What book has he been in?”

Pat: “The Hibernian annual 2013”

Do you think we have got the bairn brain washed (or just well educated)?

:greengrin

The Harp
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
He's been in the referee's book a few times as well, but we won't go into that.:wink:
Sounds like your great nephew is on the ball. Hope he has exciting times ahead as a young Hibee.

Sweet Left Peg
12-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Good to see that this is on the national curriculum. Start them on the right path early. Good work, people.

Hibercelona
12-03-2013, 04:55 PM
On the subject of not judging a book by its cover.

Would you still pick up a book if it had a picture of Steve Fulton on the front? :wink:

Jim44
12-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Again, not really a Joke as this was said in all honesty. It's a wee story about my Great Nephew and his up coming school work which I thought was quite funny and shows how bairns think at times.

Apparently it is National Book Week, and on Friday the school has asked the children to dress up as their favourite character from a book.

Pat; "Yes he has"

Kids can be funny and surprisingly logical at times. I was behind a wee lad of about 6 or 7 who was being served in a corner shop. The lad asked for a Kit-Kat. The old shopkeeper brought him a large Kit-Kat. I only want a wee one said the boy. How was I to know you wanted a wee one the old guy asked impatiently. Well how did you know I wanted a big one, the boy asked innocently.

Hibrandenburg
12-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Pat; "Yes he has"

:o)

EuanH78
12-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Kids can be funny and surprisingly logical at times. I was behind a wee lad of about 6 or 7 who was being served in a corner shop. The lad asked for a Kit-Kat. The old shopkeeper brought him a large Kit-Kat. I only want a wee one said the boy. How was I to know you wanted a wee one the old guy asked impatiently. Well how did you know I wanted a big one, the boy asked innocently.

Reminds me of the time I went to the 24hr garage after a night out.

Me - Can I have a Kit-Kat chunky?

Attendant - There you are.

Me - I only asked for a Kit-Kat.

:wink:

MB62
12-03-2013, 08:07 PM

:faf: :faf:

Jonnyboy
12-03-2013, 10:01 PM

Pat; "Yes he has"

:faf: Runs in the family MB :greengrin

Not a kid story but funny nonetheless. Prestwick Airport check in desks. Dozens of Hibbies setting off for a European fixture. Weel kent and quite portly Hibby puts his suitcase on the scales and receives the following comment from the lassie behind the desk "You're a wee bit overweight there" which prompted the speedy response of "Ye could dae wi' losin a few pounds yersel hen"

Hibs07p
13-03-2013, 05:00 AM
My 5 year old grand daughter was getting ready for her bath, and we always put in bubble bath for her. I'm looking at the different bottles of novelty bubble bath, so I thought to myself, I'll let her choose. I said to her, "what do you want in your bath", she looked at me if I was stupid and she said "water". :greengrin

GGTTH