PDA

View Full Version : Needing pictures for Hibs art project

zosohibee
12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Dear Hibs.netters, I am embarking on a Hibs project for an art class i am doing. Basically its going to be a sort of timeliney pictorial history of the club over three big bits of paper. The first for the early years up to about the second world war, the second covering the 50s-70s (the good times) and the third is everything since then. Would really appreciate the assistance of my fellow Hibbys in helping me find photographs, newspaper headlines, quotes and anything else you know of that i can easily access through the internet, library or whatever else. Suggestions welcome. Don't need anyone to go out of their way to help, just any pointers you can give me, any interesting or obscure little goldmines of Hibs lore. What do you think should be included?

Cheers, GGTTH

Jay
12-03-2013, 02:27 PM
I have a photocopy of the evening programme of a celebration dinner of Hibernian league champions 1947-48 with a load of sigs on it. Its just the outside cover of it. I can scan it and send it to you for a look if you want. Im not great with technology like scanners but I am happy to give it a try.

Hibby Bairn
12-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Central library at George IV Bridge has back archive copies of Evening News which will cover your entire period.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2013, 03:14 PM
The official site also has a good history section, not been on for a while but theres a lot of info there, good luck.