Mikey
11-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Cheapest is £710.

Ouch!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-21747116

Presumably Arsenal's £1955 season tickets aren't their cheapest :confused:

frazeHFC
12-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Says here the cheapest are just under a grand, extortionate prices!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/22/premier-league-season-ticket-prices

Hibercelona
12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
How can a club like Arsenal, that never actually achieves anything, justify that?

It's mind boggling.

Scottie
12-03-2013, 12:54 AM
How can a club like Arsenal, that never actually achieves anything, justify that?

It's mind boggling.

Supply and demand

City of 7 million and tourists. Was told by a mate of mine the waiting list is 9-10 years for season ticket for his new born son.

Jones28
12-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Inflation of 700% in 24 years? Madness

MWHIBBIES
12-03-2013, 02:02 AM

It's mind boggling.How on earth are Arsenal a club who never achieve anything? 7 years of nothing is hardly ''never''

Hibercelona
12-03-2013, 02:18 AM
How on earth are Arsenal a club who never achieve anything? 7 years of nothing is hardly ''never''

7 years must seem like an awfully long time for people paying between 1-2k for a season ticket... :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
12-03-2013, 03:40 AM
7 years must seem like an awfully long time for people paying between 1-2k for a season ticket... :rolleyes:Probably feels like about 7 years :rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom
12-03-2013, 11:20 AM
How do clubs like Arsenal with big numbers of season ticket holders allocate tickets for away games and cup finals (no laughing at the back!)? Is it possible to watch then every week home and away?

Keith_M
12-03-2013, 11:43 AM
How do clubs like Arsenal with big numbers of season ticket holders allocate tickets for away games and cup finals (no laughing at the back!)? Is it possible to watch then every week home and away?

My guess would be:

All big money people first (corporate clients, sponsors, etc) then your average Joe Bloggs puts his name in a hat and they select the lucky winners.

hibsbollah
12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Supply and demand

City of 7 million and tourists. Was told by a mate of mine the waiting list is 9-10 years for season ticket for his new born son.

:agree:

Apparently there are literally dozens of ticket touts at and around QPR and Fulham games when the big clubs are in London. Tourists in the home end, but there to watch and support the away team, are a sizeable minority of smaller London clubs support these days.

DH1875
12-03-2013, 01:10 PM
All the big clubs down south have loyalty systems in place so depending on the game and how many tickets they have it works kinda like 1000-750 points get first pick,749-500 get 2nd pick, 499-250 third pick, 249-1 4th pick and then onto general sale. If you want to go watch premier league football your better off getting a ST for the like of Wigan £275, Fulham £405 (they do a membership for £30) Stoke £344, Sunderland's cheapest is £400 although you can get an adult and child for £425, couldn't get a price for West Brom or Newcastle but West Brom do the membership scheme for £5 :shocked: and Newcastle do it for £25. You get a free ticket for Newcastle though and a bucket load of other benefits :confused: http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Members/BandWMembers .

In short, prices for Arsenal are a joke but then looking at it, so are our :boo hoo:.

hfc rd
12-03-2013, 04:33 PM
I've got a season ticket for man utd and the way cup games and European games go is something like this. You are asked if you want to opt into both domestic cups and European games at Old Trafford. If you opt out of one of them then you can't apply for domestic away games and European away games plus finals. I've opted in on the cups and Europe so I can go to a couple of away games plus be able to apply for cup semi's and finals at Wembley and abroad. When you opt in, each month the ticket office will direct debit the discounted membership price of that match out of your account and it will depend on how successful the team is in the cup and European competitions.

Hibernia&Alba
12-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I've got a season ticket for man utd and the way cup games and European games go is something like this. You are asked if you want to opt into both domestic cups and European games at Old Trafford. If you opt out of one of them then you can't apply for domestic away games and European away games plus finals. I've opted in on the cups and Europe so I can go to a couple of away games plus be able to apply for cup semi's and finals at Wembley and abroad. When you opt in, each month the ticket office will direct debit the discounted membership price of that match out of your account and it will depend on how successful the team is in the cup and European competitions.

The Glazers initially ensured all cup home tickets were compulsary for ST holders, then said the League Cup could be optional. Have they now extended that to the F.A. Cup, and aren't tickets for finals tiered, so that more away games you've to, the better chance of a ticket to a show piece game?

I went to several United away games in 2006-07. The away fan fans were brilliant.