PDA

View Full Version : Lost yesterday at Easter Road ....

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Eoin Doyles first touch, Spoony's confidence

If both had been up to standard we would have walked it yesterday

Number of hearts moves started when Spoony lost possession
Number of bad touches Doyler had....

Thought Lewis was immense b.t.w

SaulGoodman
11-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Faith in certain so called 'fans' support of our own players

basehibby
11-03-2013, 08:00 PM

Disagree - thought Spoony looked our most likely avenue of attack excepting Griffiths because he WAS prepared to take a risk and run at the Yams (lost posession at times yes - but lacking confidence??? not from what I could see) - also thought Doyle did alright when he came on.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM

Got to be said personally thought Lewis had one of his poorer games and Doyle was pretty good when he came on.

hibee_girl
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Got to be said personally thought Lewis had one of his poorer games and Doyle was prey good when he came on.

:agree:

Normally I'm one of the first to stick up for Stevenson but yesterday wasn't his best however he did still manage to save us from 2 certain goals.

hibs4thecup1988
11-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Spoony was not good. Had one run and got the player booked. Why do hibs players always turn back instead f running into space.

Lewis was quiet. Didn't seem to have a lot to do.

I thought Doyle caused them problems when he came on if I'm honest

lord bunberry
11-03-2013, 08:12 PM

I disagree with everything you have said there. I thought spoony was ok and doyle was ok also. I thought lewis stevenson wasn't great his distribution was poor

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 08:17 PM

Agreed.

It's all their fault (and them 2 alone) that we didn't win yesterday.

If those 2 hadn't been on, i'm sure we would have hammered them 8-0.

Jonnyboy
11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Agreed.

It's all their fault (and them 2 alone) that we didn't win yesterday.

If those 2 hadn't been on, i'm sure we would have hammered them 8-0.

Woulda been 9 but ................... :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
11-03-2013, 08:32 PM
....but Lewis gave the ball away once...;)

R'Albin
11-03-2013, 08:35 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about Marc :greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Ah well opinions .... !

I should have reported missing the two golden retrievers 'lefty' and 'righty' whose job it is to bark when a goal is scored ....

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Only comment I would make about either Spoony or Doyler after that game is that I would pick Alex Harris before either of them for the Motherwell match.

scuttle
11-03-2013, 08:55 PM
The only thing lost yesterday was the officials eyesight and bottle

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Woulda been 9 but ................... :greengrin

Doyle and Spoony some how got in the way of the linesman and the referee to prevent them from seeing a perfectly good goal. :agree:

Again, nobody is to blame but them.

KingFranck
11-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Opinions we are all allowed them mine ? Thought Spoony and Claros were our best players tbh

Andy74
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM

Bizarre. Wotherspoon wasn't great but Doyle? Did very well when he came on, still it wasn't long and hardly any sort of reason as to why we didn't 'walk it'.

monktonharp
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Only comment I would make about either Spoony or Doyler after that game is that I would pick Alex Harris before either of them for the Motherwell match.totally agree. widdenheid has lost his ain brain.said it before,and will sayh it again, the wotherspoon has the concentration of a deid sloth.

LioNeilMessi
11-03-2013, 09:22 PM

:top marks

Hope he's not added to the 'lost at ER' list :pray:

WestEndHibee
11-03-2013, 09:34 PM
:top marks It's about time we had an update from Marc!

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 10:00 AM
:agree:

Normally I'm one of the first to stick up for Stevenson but yesterday wasn't his best however he did still manage to save us from 2 certain goals.

Agree especially the one when Ben went awol.

GhostofBolivar
12-03-2013, 10:18 AM

I would like solid numbers in regard to these, please. Also, I'd like them compared with the stats for rest of the team; whether or not poor touches were dependent on poor passes into them; whether or not a loss of possession came from team mates not making themselves available; whether or not pressure from Hearts players forced a poor touch or loss of possession; and a diagram of the areas of the pitch where these incidents occurred.

Saorsa
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Thought Lewis was immense b.t.wMust have been watching something different tae me, particularly as regards Stevenson, no saying he was terrible but I thought he was poor in comparison tae his recent performances.

The_Exile
12-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Thought Spoony was alright, i would imagine he had a complete lack of confidence in the surface, let's be honest, that pitch is in a bad way and if it were me on it, I'd be a bit reluctant to attack the fullbacks as I'd have no idea how the a) the ball would react on that pitch with regards to it skimming off the mud, and b) my own footing at pace being secure on such a greasy surface, not to say he shouldn't have run at them/tested them more, just understand why he thought the other options were probably better at the time.

For me, Claros sticks out like a sore thumb in that team, enjoy his presence whilst we've got it, he won't be here next year.

Ross4356
12-03-2013, 12:16 PM
The only thing lost yesterday was the officials eyesight and bottle

He lost his bottle to give a goal for us at home in a derby...Behave

dave62
12-03-2013, 02:09 PM
He lost his bottle to give a goal for us at home in a derby...Behave

I assume scuttle meant that the ref bottled out of giving a goal against "The Big Team" in a derby. I wish we were a big team. :boo hoo:

wookie70
12-03-2013, 02:10 PM
I thought Stevenson was poorer than his usual performance. Spoony never had much joy but he put a good shift in. He was in acres of space a good number of times in the second half and Claros or the other midfieldered failed to see or find him with a pass. He made his way back quickly into our own half every time we lost possesion. Doyle I thought was pretty good when he came on.

lord bunberry
12-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I thought Stevenson was poorer than his usual performance. Spoony never had much joy but he put a good shift in. He was in acres of space a good number of times in the second half and Claros or the other midfieldered failed to see or find him with a pass. He made his way back quickly into our own half every time we lost possesion. Doyle I thought was pretty good when he came on.

The amount of time a hibs player is in acres of space and we pass it to griffiths is unbelievable. The wee man can't do everything himself