PDA

View Full Version : How much more 'luck' can they get in derbies?

Barney McGrew
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
The last five derbies have seen three retrospective red cards issued to Hertz players, a penalty given for a dive three yards outside the box and a goal not given despite being a couple of yards over the line.

We always get told these mistakes even themselves out, so I can't wait to see the game when all those things go in our favour - it's going to be one hell of a shoeing for them.

Or you could of course argue that amount of luck going their way is something else altogether :agree:

hibs4thecup1988
11-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Something else? Surely you don't mean cheating do you...?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2013, 09:24 PM
The latest addition to the Yams arrived this morning. Senga and Wayne didn't even know she was pregnant. Chose an apt name for their blue eyed boy - Slyvester - Sly for short.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2013, 09:48 PM
The last five derbies have seen three retrospective red cards issued to Hertz players, a penalty given for a dive three yards outside the box and a goal not given despite being a couple of yards over the line.

We always get told these mistakes even themselves out, so I can't wait to see the game when all those things go in our favour - it's going to be one hell of a shoeing for them.

Or you could of course argue that amount of luck going their way is something else altogether :agree:

Whenever Mr C Thomson is involved, certainly. A Yam to the core :agree:

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
"Luck" is something that happens by pure chance and nothing more.

Would you say that everything thats gone against us in derbies recently has occured by pure chance?

Biggie
11-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Having being going to derbies for > 40 years, I can't recall us getting breaks like they've got against us....maybe it's my green tinted specs of course !

Heisenberg
11-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Hearts have had major, what would've been game changing, decisions go for them in 3 out of 4 derbies this season. It evens itself out though eh?

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Hearts have had major, what would've been game changing, decisions go for them in 3 out of 4 derbies this season. It evens itself out though eh?

Aye, we got a throw-in during at least two of those games!

Hermit Crab
11-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Over the last few derbies in the league I think we've been lucky not to lose. Tin hat on now.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Over the last few derbies in the league I think we've been lucky not to lose. Tin hat on now.

:fishin:

:greengrin

LioNeilMessi
11-03-2013, 10:29 PM
We also needlessly create ways to lose goals to them; I like Maybury and he has played well this season but what a shocker he gifted them August. Signing an ex Hearts player who sells a goal to them in his second game for us - Hibs class! :agree:

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Unfortunately this is true. The goal aside this 'awful' hearts team gave more than they got over the 90 minutes yesterday. We have a long way to go, but at least we've not conceded in three games in a row, and are fighting to the end of games.

Cropley10
11-03-2013, 10:44 PM
We also needlessly create ways to lose goals to them; I like Maybury and he has played well this season but what a shocker he gifted them August. Signing an ex Hearts player who sells a goal to them in his second game for us - Hibs class! :agree:

Jeezo I've read some rubbish on here, but that's right up there.

Odd photo of Sparky too in your avatar....

Jonnyboy
11-03-2013, 10:46 PM
It's an age thing I know but I've seen far worse Hearts teams beat far better Hibs teams in the past. It's Derbies and who can say what the outcome will be. Part of the problem on here is that folk get hyped up about 'pumping them' and in reality it was never going to happen.

Liam89
11-03-2013, 10:46 PM
What are the players to have had retrospective bans, stevenson on mcpake and what are the other 2? Memories failing me!

hail1875hail
11-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Jeezo I've read some rubbish on here, but that's right up there.

Odd photo of Sparky too in your avatar.... Joined hibs.net in May last year aswell... im smelling something here :agree:

PatHead
11-03-2013, 10:53 PM
What are the players to have had retrospective bans, stevenson on mcpake and what are the other 2? Memories failing me!

Templeton in August

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 10:54 PM
It's an age thing I know but I've seen far worse Hearts teams beat far better Hibs teams in the past. It's Derbies and who can say what the outcome will be. Part of the problem on here is that folk get hyped up about 'pumping them' and in reality it was never going to happen.

:agree:

I think as a fanbase we sometimes have a habit of putting relentless pressure on the players when a derby is coming up.

We get them so psyched up leading up to the derby, that they appear to have no more energy left when the time comes.

Perhaps we should try a more relaxed approach next time? (assuming there is a next time)

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 11:01 PM
:agree:

I think as a fanbase we sometimes have a habit of putting relentless pressure on the players when a derby is coming up.

We get them so psyched up leading up to the derby, that they appear to have no more energy left when the time comes.

Perhaps we should try a more relaxed approach next time? (assuming there is a next time)

this.

I remember the game after Mercers failed takeover. Everyone was so wanting to do them, Hearts just picked us off.
Thank god they decided to take their foot off the gas second half...

LioNeilMessi
12-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Joined hibs.net in May last year aswell... im smelling something here :agree:

Settle doon August 2012 :wink: Definitely guilty of getting caught up in the hibs.net chat in the build up to the Final though :greengrin

Not sure about my last comment, I guess I'm just sick of not seeing us beat Hearts in the league since 6-2 when I was 8! Was at the cup wins in December and the CIS in 2006, but not in the league that I can remember!

hibsbollah
12-03-2013, 12:10 PM

McGowans head 'butt' on Sproules chest was also a retrospective ban.

Bristolhibby
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
The fact of the matter is they are always up for derdys. We turn up less than half the time.

This season has been a marked imporvement. But that has to coinside in the shideness of Hearts lately.

So are we better or are they worse, or a bit of both.

They treat every derby like a Cup Final. It is their number one priority to beat us, then finish above us, then silverware, Europe, etc.

When we give them a Cup Final like last season they are like pigs in shide!

We really need to go for the juglar in future, (If they are around), as they will be substancially weaker for years to come.

Hopefully wont have to play them again this season. Finishing in the top 6 will be a great boost.

Some massive games for Hibs coming up in the league, and a huge game against Falkirk.

J

hibsbollah
12-03-2013, 12:31 PM
'youse were ****ing ******'
'best hibs team for years and you still couldnae beat us'
'12 league games unbeaten'

Were some of the beauties i got at work this morning. Nothing about Griffiths' goal, the four games unbeaten, and the power shift thats obvious as every month passes and their cupboard gets ever barer. The boy in question usually qualifies as a mythical 'alright Jambo' until the derby fixture, when he transforms into the spittleflecked slavering fannybaws that they all are, underneath.

Always remember, even a seemingly 'alright' Jambo, is essentially, still a Jambo.

#FromTheCapital
12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
The fact of the matter is they are always up for derdys. We turn up less than half the time.

This season has been a marked imporvement. But that has to coinside in the shideness of Hearts lately.

So are we better or are they worse, or a bit of both.

They treat every derby like a Cup Final. It is their number one priority to beat us, then finish above us, then silverware, Europe, etc.

When we give them a Cup Final like last season they are like pigs in shide!

We really need to go for the juglar in future, (If they are around), as they will be substancially weaker for years to come.

Hopefully wont have to play them again this season. Finishing in the top 6 will be a great boost.

Some massive games for Hibs coming up in the league, and a huge game against Falkirk.

J

I agree that we do need to go for the jugular in future especially with their weakening squad, everyone could see that hearts were there for the taking on Sunday and if we had been a bit more brave we would of pumped them imo.
Only thing is I just can't see Fenlon doing that anytime soon. Every derby this season he has set us up to not get beat and possibly nick a goal to win the game. Fair play to him it's worked in every derby this season and has gave us our first derby victory in a few years as well as what should of been another on Sunday. But we're never going to give them an old school thrashing playing like this, which is why I laugh at every pre derby prediction thread on here when people forecast 3 or even 2 goal margin victories against them. We haven't beat them by more than 1 goal in almost 8 years now

JollyGreenGiant
12-03-2013, 12:57 PM
'youse were ****ing ******'
'best hibs team for years and you still couldnae beat us'
'12 league games unbeaten'

Were some of the beauties i got at work this morning. Nothing about Griffiths' goal, the four games unbeaten, and the power shift thats obvious as every month passes and their cupboard gets ever barer. The boy in question usually qualifies as a mythical 'alright Jambo' until the derby fixture, when he transforms into the spittleflecked slavering fannybaws that they all are, underneath.

Always remember, even a seemingly 'alright' Jambo, is essentially, still a Jambo.

Aye, totally agree. Sometimes there can be an ok Jambo when they are on their own, but as soon as there are two or more of them, they turn into @rseholes!