PDA

View Full Version : NHC Reading sack manager

The Sea-gull
11-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Strange decision at this time in the season.

Suppose the thinking behind it is that they look to be heading down with him at the helm so may as well try and see if someone else can come in and steer them away.

Sweet Left Peg
11-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Seems odd. Always thought he would be was fairly safe even if they did go down. Just goes to show you never know... I doubt even Mourinho or Fergie could save them from the drop though.

Scottie
11-03-2013, 06:11 PM
New owners different ideas like Nigel Adkins at Southampton

He got them up from the championship so a strange one.

Maybe Di-canio for the job after leaving Swindon last month

yeezus.
11-03-2013, 06:38 PM
New owners different ideas like Nigel Adkins at Southampton

He got them up from the championship so a strange one.

Maybe Di-canio for the job after leaving Swindon last month

Was wondering that myself. I actually liked the guy but Reading are heading down with QPR and Villa.

Scottie
11-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Was wondering that myself. I actually liked the guy but Reading are heading down with QPR and Villa.

Horrible feeling Sir Arry Redknob will keep the Hoops up

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Always find it strange when a club sacks a manager who gets them promoted, they were always going to struggle and even if they went down he could easily get them back up.

Should'nt have much trouble getting another job, very good manager

hibsbollah
11-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Surely Tynecastle is the next step for a manager like McDermott with Champions League ambitions.

VickMackie
11-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Always find it strange when a club sacks a manager who gets them promoted, they were always going to struggle and even if they went down he could easily get them back up.

Should'nt have much trouble getting another job, very good manager

I find that pretty amusing aswell.

I must admit I also feel pretty bad for players that work themselves into the ground to get the club to the big time and then get discarded for the journeyman who hang around the lower half EPL teams.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I cannae put my finger on what it is, but, there's something about the guy I dinnae like.

Just Big Sam to go and that'll be the 3 promoted managers emptied.

Hibs Class
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I cannae put my finger on what it is, but, there's something about the guy I dinnae like.

Just Big Sam to go and that'll be the 3 promoted managers emptied.

Case solved? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Haha, he just comes across as condescending in my opinion.

yeezus.
11-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Horrible feeling Sir Arry Redknob will keep the Hoops up

Well that was a massive win against Sunderland at the weekend. They have Aston Villa, Fulham and Wigan in their next three games - I can only see them beating Wigan out of those three to be honest but you never know.

How come you don't like Harry?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Probably 'cos he's a crook!

Jonnyboy
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
After steering his side to a point from a 1-0 defeat, surely Gary Cock is a shoe-in for the Reading job?

Scottie
11-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Probably 'cos he's a crook!

Absolutely spot on :agree:

Just can't stomach the man

hfc rd
12-03-2013, 04:41 PM
It's been a managerial revolving door down south. For instance, Michael Appleton has been in charge of Portsmouth, Blackpool & now Blackburn this season.