PDA

View Full Version : Karma

macca70
11-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Wasnt that long ago, we were given a goal from a Hanlon shot that was a yard short of going over the line but the linesman gave us it.

Happened in the exact same goal moth, Maybe this was the Football gods getting there own back.

Massive difference though between a goal making it 1-0 in a derby than a goal that made it 4-0 late on against Dunfermline.

#FromTheCapital
11-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Wasnt that long ago, we were given a goal from a Hanlon shot that was a yard short of going over the line but the linesman gave us it.

Happened in the exact same goal moth, Maybe this was the Football gods getting there own back.

Massive difference though between a goal making it 1-0 in a derby than a goal that made it 4-0 late on against Dunfermline.

Yes there is a huge difference between a meaningless 4th goal and a potential winner in a derby so I wouldn't say it's karma. Especially when you put it together with the dodgy penalties given aganst us in the last month or so against aberdeen (twice), dundee utd and killie. I'd say we are due some karma in our favour.

I hope hearts get karma in their cup final at the weekend

Future17
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM

Same ref as well. Different assistant ref though.

Aldo
11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Still doesn't make it right.

I still think that the linesman choose to ignore the fact that it went over. Standing in line with the yams last man all he had to do was turn his head and look towards goal and bingo.... Goal.

Bottle went IMHO and the ref was let down by his official.

Fwiw I thought the ref was havin a no bad game up until then

macca70
11-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I also find it extremely ironic that Sepp Blatter and his FIFA pals were on a jolly to Edinburgh last weekend to discuss goal line technology and went to a hearts game.

If this game was last weekend they probably would have been at the game.

iwasthere1972
11-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I also find it extremely ironic that Sepp Blatter and his FIFA pals were on a jolly to Edinburgh last weekend to discuss goal line technology and went to a hearts game.

If this game was last weekend they probably would have been at the game.

Don't think Blatter went to Tynecastle. Apparently it was a sell out and he couldn't get a ticket.

Beefster
11-03-2013, 01:21 PM
http://www.channel4.com/assets/programmes/images/my-name-is-earl/my-name-is-earl-20090526144523_625x352.jpg

Earl says "there's no such thing as karma"

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2013, 01:29 PM
If its Karma we won't lose to hearts in the next five years.

HibeeN
11-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I felt it was a personal kind of karma to get back at me for being so delighted at Lampard's non-goal against Germany back in 2010...will never rejoice in one of those decisions again...

...Unless it's Hearts on the receiving end, in which case, during the cup final would be an excellent time :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
11-03-2013, 01:53 PM

And, in a strange kind of way, I think that could happen.:agree:

scoopyboy
11-03-2013, 01:58 PM
If I were to agree Karma, it would be the game earlier this season at Fir Park when Ben Williams scooped it out from behind the line when 1-0 up.

They say breaks even themselves out over the season, I'm not so sure.

If we fail to get top six then I would say the breaks have went against us.

A couple going in our favour in the Scottish Cup would redress the balance however.:greengrin

SMAXXA
11-03-2013, 02:05 PM
If I were to agree Karma, it would be the game earlier this season at Fir Park when Ben Williams scooped it out from behind the line when 1-0 up.

They say breaks even themselves out over the season, I'm not so sure.

If we fail to get top six then I would say the breaks have went against us.

A couple going in our favour in the Scottish Cup would redress the balance however.:greengrin

Like the dodgey pen we got in the same game that evened itself up at tanadice :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
11-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Like the dodgey pen we got in the same game that evened itself up at tanadice :wink:

You can't come here using reason! It doesn't go with paranoia at all.

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I think we have a lot of GOOD karma due out way. I have seen so many bad things happen in big games.

Gerard
11-03-2013, 02:09 PM

If we win the Scottish Cup this year that will be good Karma.:wink: