PDA

View Full Version : Reactions and explanations re: that decision (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Northernhibee
10-03-2013, 09:35 PM
"The linesman's got an awful lot of things to look at, I have sympathy for him".

Get right to ****. He's a linesman, that's part of the job. If you can't spot that then you're not in the right job.

Utter rubbish.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 09:37 PM
And there was a camera angle from pitch height that showed even at ground level someone should have been able to see that was in.

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous decision.

Hibercelona
10-03-2013, 09:38 PM
They must have cut out hearts "penalty claim" from the highlights.

Spike Mandela
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
"The linesman's got an awful lot of things to look at, I have sympathy for him".

Get right to ****. He's a linesman, that's part of the job. If you can't spot that then you're not in the right job.

Utter rubbish.

Who the **** said that?

Jonnyboy

Utter rubbish.

Not watching. What phanny uttered those words?

Hibercelona
And how does it cost £250,000 to tell if a football has crossed the goal line? :confused:

Are TV cameras incapable of picking this up?

Because the camera certainly had no problem showing the ball over the line there.

Mon Dieu4
10-03-2013, 09:41 PM

a lanky plooky streak of piss

Jonnyboy

Ah right, so a totally impartial view then :agree:

Carheenlea
The linesman had a clear view, nobody between him and the goal, plus the fact we had a yellow ball which would have made viewing all the easier. That will be the linesmans last game I`d guess.

SaulGoodman
10-03-2013, 09:42 PM

Never seen it, just switched it on, but Rob Maclean, Craig Gordon or John Rankin, take your pick from that bunch!

hibby rae
Who the **** said that?

Craig Gordon.

Jonnyboy
The linesman had a clear view, nobody between him and the goal, plus the fact we had a yellow ball which would have made viewing all the easier. That will be the linesmans last game I`d guess.

Don't hold your breath on that one

Scottie
10-03-2013, 09:43 PM

:greengrin :aok:

Hibercelona

Like it was ******'s last game after the cup final?

Nothing will happen.

Jonnyboy
Never seen it, just switched it on, but Rob Maclean, Craig Gordon or John Rankin, take your pick from that bunch!

Offended has been identified as a lanky streak o' pish so that rukes out the diminutive McLean and Rankin

matty_f
10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Every time i see that shot it becomes harder to get my head around how anyone other than David Blunkett couldn't see that was in. **** you linesman and **** you referee.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Wouldn't bet on it.

Last official that was that bad against us got packed off to the Euro Championship and hailed as one of our best ever b
the SFA.

Couple of games in the 2nd division then the useless **** will be bsck on SPL duty.

Matty_Jack04
10-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Not one person needed a replay of that everyone knew it was over before it being slowed and angled it was a terrible decision and there's no escaping it

SaulGoodman
10-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Offended has been identified as a lanky streak o' pish so that rukes out the diminutive McLean and Rankin

Could have been any one of them :wink:

Northernhibee
10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
If Ronaldo or Bale or Messi had hit that freekick, it'd have been decryed as genius.

World class from Sparky. Well done son, shame about the standard of officiating.

Hibee Ryan
10-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Why do current footballers keep going on Sportscene? They can't say anything or they just get banned so what's the point of having someone on it that says "Aye it's probably wrong but I can see why he gave it". Pointless

justlikebrazil
10-03-2013, 09:52 PM
That tells you that it was no penalty!! :aok:

iwasthere1972
10-03-2013, 10:01 PM
When is Crimewatch on?

Hiber-nation
10-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Fair play to Mikey Stewart and Mark McGhee. Just watched all the post match analysis from Sky and both absolutely slaughtered the linesman. So that erse Gordon is in a minority of 1. Fud.

danhibees1875
10-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Craig Gordon.

It took me a minute to realise your profile picture is just a thumb... :faf:

iwasthere1972
10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Butcher vandalising the Dens Park bus shelter. :greengrin

Hibercelona
10-03-2013, 10:52 PM
It took me a minute to realise your profile picture is just a thumb... :faf:

I certainly hope for his sake that its only his thumb. :greengrin

ekhibee
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
My wife has absolutely no interest in football but happened to see the goal on the BBC News. Then I was watching Sportscene later while she was still there, and she couldn't believe the ***** Gordon was coming out with. I was quite pleased actually, she's not a football fan at all but even she could see how biased he really is.

pontius pilate
11-03-2013, 07:01 AM
My wife has absolutely no interest in football but happened to see the goal on the BBC News. Then I was watching Sportscene later while she was still there, and she couldn't believe the ***** Gordon was coming out with. I was quite pleased actually, she's not a football fan at all but even she could see how biased he really is.

My Missus is the same no interest whatsoever in football and her words to me were you were cheated how was that not a goal and why is it always against them.

Ray_
11-03-2013, 07:33 AM
The daily rangers had a great report for a change including

"You get the feeling the Gorgie fans fail to realise the seriousness of their financial peril. They constantly reminded the Hibees of that 5-1 Scottish Cup Final victory last May – but that will be irrelevant if they don’t have a club to support next season."

"The bad boy Hibee beat Jambos keeper Jamie MacDonald all ends up after the ball crashed off the underside of the woodwork – and everyone inside Easter Road knew it was a goal. Except Norris and Whyte, that is. Incredibly, they both looked at each other and opted out of making the right decision, leaving the Hibees players and fans distraught."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hibs-leigh-griffiths-manager-pat-1755774

Ken
11-03-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm not buying the fact he had to watch for offside. The freekick was 45 yards out and as soon as it left Sparky's boot he would have known then it wasn't offside and would have more than enough time to be far enough up with play to see it was a yard over the line. I can understand when assistant referees get clearances off the line wrong when the ball is in mid-air but bouncing over the line is not acceptable.

adhibs
11-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Simply didn't want to give it

Saorsa
11-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Crock of ****

Jim44
11-03-2013, 08:39 AM
And to think that Geof Hurst's highly dubious goal was awarded in 1966. If that linesman back then saw the ball cross the line where does it place the competence of the idiot yesterday? The Specsaver sponsorship was never more ironic than yesterday.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 09:00 AM
That tells you that it was no penalty!! :aok:

I could tell 100 yards away it was a dive.

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2013, 09:03 AM

Utter rubbish.

Who the **** said that?

To be fair he did say that the goal should have been given.

truehibernian
11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Thing is there is two linesman - if one is looking along the line for offside, then the other should be looking towards the goalmouth given it's direct and a strike on goal is imminent. And the referee Norris has perfect sight, to the left of the wall as he's looking.

The aerodynamics of the ball as it shot out told you it was over the line.

We've had decisions this season at Mothwerwell, and this last few games the gods have been against us a little - don't even need goal-line technology - just allow the fourth official to see a replay on a monitor - simple. Takes seconds.

The rugby at the weekend saw so many stoppages during play I think there was a world record set for penalties (I think) - yet the supporters got away home pretty much on time, no real delays, and the game didn't last a whole lot longer than it's meant to. Football needs to move with the times and with technology. Use replays - it's costing clubs money they can ill afford to lose out on. Top flight football deserves top flight standards and technology.

Get the clubs to agree what decisions can be referred to video ref - in other words, don't use it for every niggly foul, but decide that it is goal line debates, penalties and simulation that gets targeted.

Bostonhibby
11-03-2013, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Ken;3533240]I'm not buying the fact he had to watch for offside. The freekick was 45 yards out and as soon as it left Sparky's boot he would have known then it wasn't offside and would have more than enough time to be far enough up with play to see it was a yard over the line. I can understand when assistant referees get clearances off the line wrong when the ball is in mid-air but bouncing over the line is not acceptable.[/QUOTE ]

Looked to me like he was saying to McPake that it wasn't in, if so then how could he say that then in light of what he is now saying? He gave them a helpful penalty shout at Perth in the cup last year as well.

SlickShoes
11-03-2013, 09:20 AM
You don't even need goal line technology and it doesn't need to cost anything or hold up the game. The 4th official could take 3 seconds to look at the replay from the TV coverage and the goal would have been given before we even had time to protest, don't the refs wear an earpiece already? How hard can it be for another official to look at a screen for a few seconds and say "it was/wasn't a goal".

hibbysam
11-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Thing is there is two linesman - if one is looking along the line for offside, then the other should be looking towards the goalmouth given it's direct and a strike on goal is imminent. And the referee Norris has perfect sight, to the left of the wall as he's looking.

The aerodynamics of the ball as it shot out told you it was over the line.

We've had decisions this season at Mothwerwell, and this last few games the gods have been against us a little - don't even need goal-line technology - just allow the fourth official to see a replay on a monitor - simple. Takes seconds.

The rugby at the weekend saw so many stoppages during play I think there was a world record set for penalties (I think) - yet the supporters got away home pretty much on time, no real delays, and the game didn't last a whole lot longer than it's meant to. Football needs to move with the times and with technology. Use replays - it's costing clubs money they can ill afford to lose out on. Top flight football deserves top flight standards and technology.

Get the clubs to agree what decisions can be referred to video ref - in other words, don't use it for every niggly foul, but decide that it is goal line debates, penalties and simulation that gets targeted.

I get what your saying, I said the same yesterday, that the ball went for a corner so play is stopped anyways, by the time that was taken I got two texts saying ball was a yard over, so the 4th official would know without the play even being stopped that a goal should be given.. But the thing with penalties etc is its subjective, it's up to the ref whether a foul has happened or not it's not actually fact.. Whereas the ball crossing the line is fact!

plhibs
11-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Ref (to linesman): Did tou see what happened.
Linesman: Naw i was making sure that the Hibs players were no fouling anyone.What about you ref?
Ref: Naw i was mahing sure that L.G. wasnae making any rude signs to the fans.
Linesman: Thats ok then we were both doing our job.
Ref: Aye give them a corner then.
Linesman: Aye, see you later in Robbos.

Killiehibbie
11-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Those officials should not be placed in charge of another game ever. It wasn't even as if it was close decision.

YehButNoBut
11-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Not a bad article for The Sun

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4834928/Walk-of-shame.html

EUAN NORRIS took the long walk off the Easter Road pitch yesterday and probably sensed he’d made a mistake over Leigh Griffiths’ ‘goal’.

His journey home would have been even longer after he got confirmation of his error within minutes of going down the tunnel. Modern technology means you now get a sense of whether you have made a big mistake while matches are on-going. Fans get messages on their mobiles. Dug-outs are fed information by TV and radio staff on the sidelines.

Norris and his assistant Raymond Whyte didn’t give the goal because they were not 100 per cent certain it crossed the line. By the end of the game I suspect they would have been 90 per cent sure they had made a mistake. It wouldn’t have taken long for them to be told that WAS the case.

They would probably have been greeted by texts from colleagues or family upon entering the dressing room. When the realisation kicks in that an error has been made it’s a horrible feeling. It’s not something you would wish on any ref. You then have the walk to the car and uncomfortable journey to the hotel where you stayed the night before the game, then the drive home.

Chances are, Norris would have been armed with a DVD of the game. He will then be able to see with his own eyes that it should have been a goal and will fret over it. On reflection, the biggest problem was where the assistant Whyte was told to stand as Griffiths stepped up to take the free-kick.

The Hibs striker was quite far out, so ordinarily the assistant would be looking along the offside line. This would leave Norris to deal with the wall and make sure there are no problems on that front. But you could tell Griffiths was going to shoot — so, in hindsight, Norris should have told Whyte to move further up the touchline to get a better sight of the goal-line.

That would then leave the referee to look after any offsides. It was entirely up to Norris where Whyte was stationed for the free-kick. They are in constant communication and the ref makes that call.

Unfortunately for the officials, Griffiths went for the shot and Whyte had to sprint along the touchline and make a call on whether the ball had crossed the line. He clearly wasn’t certain so he couldn’t give the goal. We all know now that it was the wrong call.

You need to learn from these things and make sure it doesn’t happen again, so I was surprised the officials took up the same positions when Griffiths took another couple of free-kicks. There will now be calls for goal-line technology and I was interested to hear Hibs boss Pat Fenlon’s comments.

He said he wanted video evidence ONLY for that kind of incident — and I am in total agreement with him. On another note, I was interested to hear Griffiths reveal that Hearts’ Andy Webster told him the ball was a yard over the line during the game.

The defender could also have shared that knowledge with the ref — but that sort of self-policing doesn’t happen in football. Only in sports like golf.

Maybe things will change one day, but I fear I’ve got more chance of bumping into the tooth fairy.

Beefster
11-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Has the linesman spoken somewhere?

Smiggy 7-0
11-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Is it possible the linesman 'DECIDED NOT TO SEE' that the ball was clearly over the line??
:confused:

Saorsa
11-03-2013, 09:33 AM
I saw from just about the other end of the park that the ball was over the line so I dinnae give a **** where he was telt tae stand, ****in' bull **** excuse. It wisnae even a margial decision, if neither of them could make that call from where they were on the park they should be ****in' emptied.

Swedish hibee
11-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Seriously, the "officials" (thats a joke) should be suspended. If I made a massive error at my work- this would happen to me. It makes my blood boil to know that nothing will be done about this:fuming: .. and nxt week it's 'back to normal' for them

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Seriously, the "officials" (thats a joke) should be suspended. If I made a massive error at my work- this would happen to me. It makes my blood boil to know that nothing will be done about this:fuming: .. and nxt week it's 'back to normal' for them

Do you know this?

Sweet Left Peg
11-03-2013, 10:52 AM
The only way the linesman cannot have seen the ball cross the line was if he was not looking at the ball. From his position, there were no obstructions to his line of sight at the moment the ball bounced over the line. He had a favourable angle in terms of being able to see if it went over or not and given the distance it did cross the line, this would help him even more.

The other linesman would have been standing on the halfway line, as per his duties, so he cannot see it.

The ref, I think, was obstructed certainly by MacDonald and possibly by Webster. In any case, the distance and angles were against him making a definite decision.

Once the linesman is sure there is no offside, then he should be following the ball. If he was, then he sees the yellow ball cross the white line on the green pitch.

If this was the Europa League, then we get a goal, due to the extra official.

The advantage that TV viewers had when seeing it live and also those in the stands, was the vertical angle at the point the ball bounced over the line. The greater that angle, the more clearly you see it. The officials do not have this benefit which is why so many people saw it as a clear goal.

Unfortunately for us, the one man who had no excuses and who could make or break the decision, wasn't looking where he should have been. He is the East Stand linesman and I would love to meet him.

truehibernian
11-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Do you know this?

Something has to change CWG - it's now (strangely) not that uncommon in the SPL to have goal line debates /wrong decisions.

Last season Hearts lost out to a poor decision v Celtic (Elliot 'scores', Celtic then went immediately up the park and scored :greengrin). This season 'Well have been hard done by (against us, Hammell), and I'm sure there was a game at Dens where a goal was given which was debatable (can't remember the opposition).

Then there are the penalty decisions which let's face it are just becoming comical - ours at Tannadice, the final, the Killie game (and the Dons penalties against us).

Either that or the SPL employ extra officials and have one behind the each goal. Surely cheaper than the figures quoted for each club to fork out.

Yesterday I thought we survived a penalty claim which have to say for me was a pen (Maybury). However not only was there the free kick incident, Norris missed some horrendous shirt pulling by Webster at set pieces. And some of his 'advantages' were bizarre - one where Hibs were free and attacking, pulled back for absolutely no reason (second half). He warns young Mullen for a poor tackle, then literally moments later fails to book him for a similarly reckless tackle, same area on the park, where Hibs were in attack.

Just very very poor all round from the officials.

ballengeich
11-03-2013, 11:03 AM
It was a bad mistake. I was in the East, half way up and level with the edge of the 18 yard box, and I could see it was in. In this case, being higher up makes it easier to see what's happened due to the angles involved so I actually think that it's more difficult for the ref and linesman to be sure. We benefited from a similar mistake against Motherwell earlier this season, and in the game Rangers lost to Stirling Albion they had a shot cleared from behind the line so I dismiss any suggestion of a vendetta against us.

Rather than make ridiculous allegations of corruption and conspiracy, can we think of solutions? All SPL games have cameras present, so could the 4th official carry a device linked to the tv coverage? Lots of people saw the Sky feed almost immediately so the 4th official could be given the power to communicate with the ref in these situations. It would give them something more constructive to do than hold up substitute boards and take abuse from the two sets of management.

It could have been used for the penalty against Dundee United as well. After the ref blew the whistle the 4th official could have advised that the foul was just outside the box.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Something has to change CWG - it's now (strangely) not that uncommon in the SPL to have goal line debates /wrong decisions.

Last season Hearts lost out to a poor decision v Celtic (Elliot 'scores', Celtic then went immediately up the park and scored :greengrin). This season 'Well have been hard done by (against us, Hammell), and I'm sure there was a game at Dens where a goal was given which was debatable (can't remember the opposition).

Then there are the penalty decisions which let's face it are just becoming comical - ours at Tannadice, the final, the Killie game (and the Dons penalties against us).

Either that or the SPL employ extra officials and have one behind the each goal. Surely cheaper than the figures quoted for each club to fork out.

Yesterday I thought we survived a penalty claim which have to say for me was a pen (Maybury). However not only was there the free kick incident, Norris missed some horrendous shirt pulling by Webster at set pieces. And some of his 'advantages' were bizarre - one where Hibs were free and attacking, pulled back for absolutely no reason (second half). He warns young Mullen for a poor tackle, then literally moments later fails to book him for a similarly reckless tackle, same area on the park, where Hibs were in attack.

Just very very poor all round from the officials.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm just questioning the belief of the poster(s) who suggest nothing will be done to the officials. The referees have their own assessment procedures, and we should wait until we see the results of that before we rush to judgement.

edinburghhibee
11-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Surely it can't be that expensive have a camera positioned across the goal line as sky have and it's linked to a monitor by the 4th official he looks once... goal. it takes very little time and could have been decided by the time the corner had been taken.

The boy next to me got it on his phone just after the corner.

TornadoHibby
11-03-2013, 11:22 AM
You don't even need goal line technology and it doesn't need to cost anything or hold up the game. The 4th official could take 3 seconds to look at the replay from the TV coverage and the goal would have been given before we even had time to protest, don't the refs wear an earpiece already? How hard can it be for another official to look at a screen for a few seconds and say "it was/wasn't a goal".

I understand that Chick Young was watching the match yesterday live from his seat just behind the Hearts dug out BUT ALSO on a tv monitor and that he spoke loudly immediately after Webster headed the ball over the bar AFTER it had been behind the goal line that "IT WAS AT LEAST A COUPLE OF FEET BEHIND THE LINE"! :agree:

If he can do that why can't the same facility be made available for the 4th official?! :confused:

Thecat23
11-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I understand that Chick Young was watching the match yesterday live from his seat just behind the Hearts dug out BUT ALSO on a tv monitor and that he spoke loudly immediately after Webster headed the ball over the bar AFTER it had been behind the goal line that "IT WAS AT LEAST A COUPLE OF FEET BEHIND THE LINE"! :agree:

If he can do that why can't the same facility be made available for the 4th official?! :confused:

Luke Shanley was doing it for sky behind the dug outs and he apparently said right away, it's miles in to the Hibs dugout.

Newry Hibs
11-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I think the trouble with getting the 4th official to have a quick look at a replay is that very soon they'll be asked to look at lots more than if the ball was over the line. What if Leigh had moved the ball on a foot or two? What if there was a push in the box (either way) so maybe a penalty / foul given should be given?

The 4th official in rugby is used more and more now. Even obvious tries are 'sent upstairs' with refs asking for any sign of a previous foul or whatever and not just the grounding.

11-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Surely it can't be that expensive have a camera positioned across the goal line as sky have and it's linked to a monitor by the 4th official he looks once... goal. it takes very little time and could have been decided by the time the corner had been taken.

The boy next to me got it on his phone just after the corner.

Totally agree, in this day and age its unbelievable there is not goal line technology. We have seen many time sin the past, teams getting goals wrongly disallowed (yesterday being one of the worst!) or even clubs being awarded goals that never went over. However, as mentioned before, yesterdays incident shouldn't have even required technology to come into play, it wasn't even a close call! Either the ref and linesman saw it like everyone else in the stadium and decided not to award it (cheating) or they are just completely incompetent idiots that weren't doing their job therefore making a massive game changing error. Either way they deserve to be shafted down to the lowest leagues as they have proved not able enough to take part in SPL matches. They shafted us badly yesterday yet I doubt any action will be taken and they will both quite happily accept their wages and carry on as normal.

EdinMike
11-03-2013, 11:36 AM
I managed to Text my brother who was at the game, me being in the Pub, it was over the line before the Corner was taken.

I might be a text whiz-kid but that was all of 6 seconds !?

We need to seriously start thinking about giving 4th officials (who frankly do not a lot) an option to view contested incidents.

S4uzee
11-03-2013, 11:39 AM
The amount of decisions hearts get against us is embarrassing:

this season:
templeton kicks mcpake and gets a ban AFTER the game

tattoo man lunges in on mcpake and gets a ban After the game - what good is that to hibs? it only benefits the teams they are next playing against! Both incidents were in the first half of the games meaing hibs would have had a whole second half against ten men!

yesterday, the ball was miles over

Not to mention the decisions in May

It just goes on and on and what chance have you got with ********s like that officiating games

GoldenEagle
11-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Maybe Hibs need to be a little more cute and ensure restart of play is delayed... Against all laws but I'm sure 4th official and other linesman wouldve quickly got message and passed to ref via comms.

Why didn't we instantly surround the asst referee the minute it even looked close.

Do we know why there were no FIFA linesmen on this game yet? I'm sure i read recently that the sfa have several, which games were they on at the weekend and why was biggest league fixture in spl calendar ignored?

cleanyman
11-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Agree with the above.

If the game had a top assistant yesterday this never would have happened.

Willie Conquer is our best.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Can't believe the excuses that are being made for the assistant in not giving the goal. This was rank of the highest order a pretty easy decision in reality.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Maybe Hibs need to be a little more cute and ensure restart of play is delayed... Against all laws but I'm sure 4th official and other linesman wouldve quickly got message and passed to ref via comms.

Why didn't we instantly surround the asst referee the minute it even looked close.

Do we know why there were no FIFA linesmen on this game yet? I'm sure i read recently that the sfa have several, which games were they on at the weekend and why was biggest league fixture in spl calendar ignored?

A valid point given the recent history of poor decisions in this fixture. It wouldn't have been the case if this was Smeltic v Oldco.

loanheadhibby
11-03-2013, 11:59 AM

this season:

tattoo man lunges in on mcpake and gets a ban After the game - what good is that to hibs? it only benefits the teams they are next playing against! Both incidents were in the first half of the games meaing hibs would have had a whole second half against ten men!

It just goes on and on and what chance have you got with ********s like that officiating games

agreed, it is becoming a bit of a scandal. Can you imagine it was the other way round, vlad would be having a field day. Has the SFA made a statement? Has the club approached the SFA and if so what has been said? What about the geezer in charge of the refs? Will he be making a statement?

I know the club likes to take the higher moral ground but sometimes you have to make a stand whether you like it or not.

Can you imagine it happened to Celtic? Lennon would have a dossier away to SFA/Uefa/Fifa demanding answers.

Paisley Hibby
11-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Can't believe the excuses that are being made for the assistant in not giving the goal. This was rank of the highest order a pretty easy decision in reality.

Agree with you. But I don't think it resulted from any bias against us. It was just embarassingly incompetent. And as others have said, it was not the only example of inept refereeing from Norris yesterday.

Kato
11-03-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't really care about accusations of paranoia, even if you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you. "They" in this case being the SFA. What I saw yesterday was cheating by the linesman. He saw it but decided not to flag for it once he saw the ball was clear and the ref was undecided. Cheats. Plain amd simple. Never seen a major decision in a big game go our way ever.

The_Sauz
11-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Linesman: Naw i was making sure that the Hibs players were no fouling anyone.What about you ref?
Linesman: Thats ok, All Is Barry then?
Fixed that for you!!!

JohnStephens91
11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
The excuse of the linesman is that he is an incompetent blind *******. I'm still seeing red over it, we were cheated out by some window licker running the line who has previous of giving Bake Sale United piss poor decisions in their favour.

Cropley10
11-03-2013, 01:17 PM
What price we find that Mr Whyte, the blind linesman, is a former HOMFC season ticket holder??

Paranoid? Yep... Doesn't mean I'm not right ;-)

hibby rae
11-03-2013, 01:22 PM
It took me a minute to realise your profile picture is just a thumb... :faf: :aok:

I certainly hope for his sake that its only his thumb. :greengrin

If it was the other then I would have had space for GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES!!! :greengrin

Sudds_1
11-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Actually........... if we get to the final (which I think we will) I want Norris reffing it.He owes us!

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 01:29 PM
I keep watching it over and over again.

The assistant DID see that go over. He was far enough up the pitch to make the call and decided not to.

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 01:31 PM
:aok:

If it was the other then I would have had space for GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES!!! :greengrin

:tee hee:

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Actually........... if we get to the final (which I think we will) I want Norris reffing it.He owes us!

If we get to the final, I think everybody knows who the referee will be....

keep the faith
11-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Exactly this.

hihohibby
11-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Every single Hearts fan knows in his heart of hearts that Hibs won this game fair and square. They know it was a perfectly struck goal, and that the ball was nearly a metre over the goal line. As for their embarrassing excuse that they were denied a penalty...well, how many penalties have we all witnessed being missed, saved, ballooned over the bar? In other words, being awarded a penalty does not equate to a goal being scored. A poor, poor, straw clutching counter argument by the maroon squirmers. :grr:

Sudds_1
11-03-2013, 01:42 PM
If we get to the final, I think everybody knows who the referee will be....nah.....HE couldn't possibly get it. Ever.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Kenny Clarks' assessment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21734000

"I'm afraid it was impossible for the assistant to do that and I dare say he wasn't prepared to take a gamble when he wasn't sure."

Impossible! Aye good yin Kenny.:aok:

Andy74
11-03-2013, 01:56 PM

I wasn't running full pelt, but I was about 100 yards away and it was very clearly a goal, it almost hit the back of the net! It's just incompetence and no amount of excuses or talk about positioning will change that.

There were probably only 2 people in the ground who weren't very sure it went in.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 01:58 PM

I think he makes a fair point. Could you make such a call on the run, from 30 yards with an elevation of only 6 feet, in less than a second (ie when the ball hit the ground)?

Peevemor
11-03-2013, 02:06 PM
I think he makes a fair point. Could you make such a call on the run, from 30 yards with an elevation of only 6 feet, in less than a second (ie when the ball hit the ground)?

Everything that refs & linesmen have to judge happens when the game is moving and normally takes a fraction of a second (foul, handball, etc.).

How on earth do they manage?

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Everything that refs & linesmen have to judge happens when the game is moving and normally takes a fraction of a second (foul, handball, etc.).

I know.... I'm playing Devil's Advocate a bit here.

But it is fair to say that, in this call, the fans had a much better view of the incident than the linesman, quite simply because they had an elevated view.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I think he makes a fair point. Could you make such a call on the run, from 20 yards with an elevation of only 6 feet, in less than a second (ie when the ball hit the ground)?

To be perfectly honest, yes I think I could. Also when the ball bounces, from the assistants view there would be a clear white line, grass and then the yellow ball. Depth perception may be an issue but then logic should take over and the aforementioned sequence of events would surmise that the ball had crossed the line.

Not saying its a slam dunk but I think the officials defenders are making it out to be a more difficult decision than it actually was.

PerfectlyFranck
11-03-2013, 02:10 PM
After the game, it is caught on video him replying 'It wasn't'. If it's true about what has been reported today, he's now saying that he was watching for offside. So with a smirking, arrogant face he says confidently that it wasn't over and now he's saying he was watching the line. The way he's conducting himself is doing no favours for anyone.

The_Sauz
11-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Found this PDF that proves that both Ref & his assistant got it wrong yesterday in regards to their positioning during the freekick.:agree:
http://www.massref.net/ussfpositionpapers/Positioning_at_Free_Kick_Restarts.pdf

HibeeHendo
11-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Where's the ****ing apology? Hope the **** chokes on his dinner.

Kato
11-03-2013, 02:12 PM

He makes a fair point if by a fair point you mean trying to cover up blatant cheating by his colleagues.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Not arguing the fair point CWG just the impossible part.

blindsummit

I know I'm being thick, but I'm not even sure why there was any need to be a decision? It was a goal, so what needs to be decided? I guess it must be in the rules that it isn't a goal until the ref blows? is that it?

hibees 7062
What price we find that Mr Whyte, the blind linesman, is a former HOMFC season ticket holder??

Paranoid? Yep... Doesn't mean I'm not right ;-)

He plays indoor bowling in Methill with a mate of mine and is indeed a yam

11-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Utter rubbish.

****ing nonsense! like you said, its his job and he is paid well to do it!

Gordon your an arse! Would love to see if that was your opinion if it had been the other way around. I don't think so!

Bostonhibby
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM
After the game, it is caught on video him replying 'It wasn't'. If it's true about what has been reported today, he's now saying that he was watching for offside. So with a smirking, arrogant face he says confidently that it wasn't over and now he's saying he was watching the line. The way he's conducting himself is doing no favours for anyone.

That's how I saw it at the time, he seemed to be saying it to McPake and others who were in shot at the time, wonder if the SPL will be interested in hiring the EPL lip reader from the John Terry case ;greengrin handy to know which story is the right one for next time? Linesman seemed pretty pleased with himself at the end.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I know I'm being thick, but I'm not even sure why there was any need to be a decision? It was a goal, so what needs to be decided? I guess it must be in the rules that it isn't a goal until the ref blows? is that it?

Exactly it. It's the referee who makes the decision. If he doesn't see it (handball, goal, stabbing) it didn't happen.

Hibby cal
11-03-2013, 02:23 PM
I was in FF upper yesterday and with in the space of a minute
former player Darren McCormack had tweeted it was in.
then followed seconds later by proof of a picture showing
the ball a yard over the line.if this can happen so quiclky
why can't forth officials do the same :fuming:

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I know.... I'm playing Devil's Advocate a bit here.

But it is fair to say that, in this call, the fans had a much better view of the incident than the linesman, quite simply because they had an elevated view.

No, that's nonsense. He is a LINESMAN and his sole function is to run that line and keep up with play. If he isn't competent enough to make that decision, he isn't competent enough to make any decision. There has to be a standard and he has clearly fallen way short.

S4uzee
11-03-2013, 02:33 PM
This can't be serious?

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Exactly it. It's the referee who makes the decision. If he doesn't see it (handball, goal, stabbing) it didn't happen.

Wrong. He may be the sole arbiter but he can take and act upon advice given to him by any of his assistants for incidents he hasn't seen.

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 02:40 PM
I was in FF upper yesterday and with in the space of a minute
former player Darren McCormack had tweeted it was in.
then followed seconds later by proof of a picture showing
the ball a yard over the line.if this can happen so quiclky
why can't forth officials do the same :fuming:

I started a thread about this yesterday. It doesn't take 250k to do something thats so obviously simple.

Nothing will ever really change in scottish football through, because they enjoy having the power to bend the rules to their liking.

southsider
11-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Both the ref and his assistant should be taken onto the pitch at Easter Road and horsewhipped And then hung.

hibsbollah
11-03-2013, 02:50 PM
To be fair he did say that the goal should have been given.

:hilarious

Well only a lunatic could possibly say anything else! Doesnt change the fact he was trying to excuse the inexcusable.

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2013, 02:54 PM

They did show it. It just didn't warrant discussion based on the fact it wasn't a foul. Even Paul Mitchell dismissed it during commentary.

McIntosh
11-03-2013, 02:59 PM
This is even worse:

Fleming, though, offered a pragmatic view in light of events at Easter Road, and understands the frustration of the Hibernian manager, Pat Fenlon.
“It doesn’t matter whether it is 5mm or five yards in: if it has crossed the line it is a goal. In that regard, I can sympathise with Hibernian and Pat Fenlon,” he said. “There was another incident involving Hibernian earlier this season where a header from the Motherwell defender, Steven Hammell, crossed the line but the assistant did not have a good enough view to make that call.
On that occasion, the assistant referee was actually very close to the goal line but his view was obscured by a defending and attacking player. The main coaching for match officials is you must be 100% sure of the decision you are going to give. If a referee or assistant referee is less than 100% sure, then he should not make that decision.”

Not an apology in sight!!!!! You couldn't make it up. No one at the SFA from Fleming to Darly Broadfoot are willing to speak on the matter. If they could admit an error I would have greater sympathy for those who made the error - unbelievable.

PerfectlyFranck
11-03-2013, 03:01 PM
That's how I saw it at the time, he seemed to be saying it to McPake and others who were in shot at the time, wonder if the SPL will be interested in hiring the EPL lip reader from the John Terry case ;greengrin handy to know which story is the right one for next time? Linesman seemed pretty pleased with himself at the end.

You can hear for yourselves at 34 seconds in. The fact he didn't hold his hands up is rekindling the fire.

Another thing too, the ex-Ref that has come out saying they were fully compliant with their positioning... It's not the positioning, it's the fact that neither had their eyes on the ball! To even have the audacity to be that arrogant and seemingly sure of that decision is very sad. After the statements today, I want harsher punishments to be brought onto officials. I agree with Fenlon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3996Mg9qppA

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 03:03 PM
This can't be serious?

True mate find out more on Wednesday , i heard the same up here when he done that to the Saints in the cup against them and had it confirmed today

big-mo
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I blame Griffiths. If he is that good that he can score from a thunder bolt free kick from 40yrs out, be able to lift it over the wall, have it dip and curl to go over the outstretched hands of a decent keeper only a couple of yards off his line and then have it cannon off the underside of the bar and cross the line, why could be not have put enough spin on the ball to make sure that when it hit the ground that it would carry on into the back of the net rather than bounce back out. :confused:

Piss poor if you ask me. :wink:

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 03:09 PM
True mate find out more on Wednesday , i heard the same up here when he done that to the Saints in the cup against them and had it confirmed today

Surely not. :confused: Nothing would surprise me though.

Where are everybody getting the linesman's story from?

S4uzee
11-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Sound mate, these things really have to be investigated! Hes got a smug puss that you wouldn't mind skelping several hundred times. I am hoping you are asking for his address on Wednesday :aok:

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 03:15 PM
This is even worse:

Fleming, though, offered a pragmatic view in light of events at Easter Road, and understands the frustration of the Hibernian manager, Pat Fenlon.
“It doesn’t matter whether it is 5mm or five yards in: if it has crossed the line it is a goal. In that regard, I can sympathise with Hibernian and Pat Fenlon,” he said. “There was another incident involving Hibernian earlier this season where a header from the Motherwell defender, Steven Hammell, crossed the line but the assistant did not have a good enough view to make that call.
On that occasion, the assistant referee was actually very close to the goal line but his view was obscured by a defending and attacking player. The main coaching for match officials is you must be 100% sure of the decision you are going to give. If a referee or assistant referee is less than 100% sure, then he should not make that decision.”

Not an apology in sight!!!!! You couldn't make it up. No one at the SFA from Fleming to Darly Broadfoot are willing to speak on the matter. If they could admit an error I would have greater sympathy for those who made the error - unbelievable.

Quite incredible comment to be honest. How about being honest on how the incompetent missed it rather than the patronising I can sympathise with bull. This isnt about the Motherwell game this is about possibly the most embarressing decision ever seen at a Scottish game ever, being shown round the world highlighting the rank incompetence of Scottish officials. If decisions genuinely even themselves out we must be due a penalty a game from now to the end of the season.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Quite incredible comment to be honest. How about being honest on how the incompetent missed it rather than the patronising I can sympathise with bull. This isnt about the Motherwell game this is about possibly the most embarressing decision ever seen at a Scottish game ever, being shown round the world highlighting the rank incompetence of Scottish officials. If decisions genuinely even themselves out we must be due a penalty a game from now to the end of the season.

I raise you Les Mottram :greengrin

Northernhibee
11-03-2013, 03:19 PM
:aok:

I can get FTH on mine.

:Ummm:

norhfc
11-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Looking at the replay the linesman has a clear view of the ball going over the line as the rest of the players where just inside 18yrd box. The keeper was a couple of yards off his line leaving a clear view for him. He must have seen it therefore he is a liar. Hopefully not the end of the story here but dont hold your breath.

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I doubt anything will happen. I know for a fact the linesman who gave the penalty that shouldn't have been last week was met last week by SFA bosses and they sided with him. Sadly I would be surprised if there was anything honest about Andy Tait's decision.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 03:25 PM
I doubt anything will happen. I know for a fact the linesman who gave the penalty that shouldn't have been last week was met last week by SFA bosses and they sided with him. Sadly I would be surprised if there was anything honest about Andy Tait's decision.

Why do you say that?

Saorsa
11-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Impossible! Aye good yin Kenny.:aok:A crap former official defending crap current ones, what a ****in' surprise. :rolleyes:

****in' bull ****

hibby rae
11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I can get FTH on mine.

:Ummm:

Just remember that Mickey Weir, Kevin McAllister and 'Wee' Pat Nevin were all skillful with plenty of tricks! :wink:

The Green Goblin
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM

Might it be worth bringing this to the attention of a Hibs supporting journalist, or someone genuinely honest and impartial like Tom English, to see if they can find out more? Claims like this are worthless without evidence, but before anyone accuses me of being ott, think for a second that there is a suggestion that the linesman did this deliberately. I would argue that, if this is true, apart from the appalling lack of integrity and dishonesty, this comes under the area of match-fixing: i.e deliberately altering the outcome of a game. All if these claims are true though. I hope people wouldn't post this kind of thing without some kind of certainty. But if what Hibercelona is saying is true, and he decided not to give it, then there are very very serious questions to be answered. We can't rely on the SFA to ask those questions, so someone else should do it.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I raise you Les Mottram :greengrin

Yep was hoping noone would have remembered that. He had the excuse of a stanchion though quite what his excuse was for the Thistle player throwing the ball to his mate and him waving play on is another thing. :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Refereeing establishment closing ranks. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21734000

By the end of it they will probably ban LG for having the temerity to shoot for goal. It was a contender for goal of the season and their incompetence has ruined it for the player and the club.

Irrespective of their positions which may have been right however what was referee doing? He seemed in quite an odd position for me.

Bottom line is it was clearly over the line, he had no players in his eye line and the ball wasnt a rocket shot so he should have been able to adjust his position to see the yellow ball a yard and a half over the line.

JohnStephens91
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Craig Gordon - welt

SFA - *****

How it was not seen to have clearly crossed the line still fills me with rage and people making excuses for the linesman (who has previous with giving them decisions) is just as well to stop. Everyone in the stadium could see it except the ********s in black.

Paisley Hibby
11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Yep was hoping noone would have remembered that. He had the excuse of a stanchion though quite what his excuse was for the Thistle player throwing the ball to his mate and him waving play on is another thing. :greengrin

Yeah - that was easily the worst refereeing decision ever. See this from 1.15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI
I think it was because of this that goall stantions were done away with.

AberdreamHibee
11-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Craig Gordon...

Nice to see the cripples enjoying his early retirement!

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Sound mate, these things really have to be investigated! Hes got a smug puss that you wouldn't mind skelping several hundred times. I am hoping you are asking for his address on Wednesday :aok:

Tried to get it today but he wasnt keen . He didnt know i was a Hibby , i asked his dad if he watched the game and he said yes , Sean his son ( my mate ) said that was the third time hes done them a favour , i said what do you mean , he said hes done it twice before one being the Saints cup game . He said Raysie as hes known goes to yam games with another yam they play bowls with called Stevie as i said he will be hounded on Wednesday

YehButNoBut
11-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Worth another view, quite unbelievable that if he did not give the goal he also did not give a pen for the Thistle player catching the ball on the way out. :greengrin

Around 1:10 on this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

truehibernian
11-03-2013, 04:16 PM
A crap former official defending crap current ones, what a ****in' surprise. :rolleyes:

****in' bull ****

If you're ever having trouble sleeping DD, just listen to one of Kenny's interviews - beats Night Nurse hands down. Makes Rev I M Jolly sound cheery.

The Green Goblin
11-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Tried to get it today but he wasnt keen . He didnt know i was a Hibby , i asked his dad if he watched the game and he said yes , Sean his son ( my mate ) said that was the third time hes done them a favour , i said what do you mean , he said hes done it twice before one being the Saints cup game . He said Raysie as hes known goes to yam games with another yam they play bowls with called Stevie as i said he will be hounded on Wednesday

Why not pass this info on to Hibs?

Heisenberg
11-03-2013, 04:22 PM
If all this talk of him being a yam is true then it needs properly looked into. I highly doubt we'll hear anything more about this tbh, the sfa will sweep it under the carpet and that'll be the end of it.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
If all this talk of him being a yam is true then it needs properly looked into. I highly doubt we'll hear anything more about this tbh, the sfa will sweep it under the carpet and that'll be the end of it.

All you will get is that all officlals are above reproach and may have supported or support a team however are so impartial that it wouldnt affect their decision making in any way. As Craig Thomson boldly said a couple of months ago referees dont have agendas against certain teams. :faf::faf:

HFC 0-7
11-03-2013, 04:31 PM

Is it not the linesmans job to quickly look at when a ball is struck then the line of defence to see if any players are offside, at times when they are running. For this one he is standing still for this taking place only running when the ball is hit. It was pretty obvious he was shooting and as soon as it left his boot you know its goalward bound. So from a standing start all he really needed to do was look from ball, to line of defence to goal. Not really that hard. I would say its harder for a linesman to spot an offside when the ball goes from one half of the park to the other and straight back again meaning the ref is having to run one way then the other at full pelt, this is something they do every week.

The boy has made a blunder of epic proportions and instead of coming out and saying sorry I wasnt watching where I should have been we start getting ex refs saying that the ref and linesman done everything correctly and the fact the ball was 2 or 3 foot over the line is unfortunate.

I suppose if this had been in the UEFA cup the linesman behind the goals would have spotted it - or perhaps not.

Onion
11-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm not buying the fact he had to watch for offside. The freekick was 45 yards out and as soon as it left Sparky's boot he would have known then it wasn't offside and would have more than enough time to be far enough up with play to see it was a yard over the line. I can understand when assistant referees get clearances off the line wrong when the ball is in mid-air but bouncing over the line is not acceptable.

Totally agree. The fact is there is NO EXCUSE. The ball travelled 40 yards. There was no one to block the view. It wasn't even a marginal decision. Almost every Hibs player claimed the goal.

IMHO if this linesman cannot do his job in these circumstances, who can have any confidence in him getting ANY other (toucher) decisions right ? The guy should be dropped immediately and told to F- off back to junior football.

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I blame Griffiths. If he is that good that he can score from a thunder bolt free kick from 40yrs out, be able to lift it over the wall, have it dip and curl to go over the outstretched hands of a decent keeper only a couple of yards off his line and then have it cannon off the underside of the bar and cross the line, why could be not have put enough spin on the ball to make sure that when it hit the ground that it would carry on into the back of the net rather than bounce back out. :confused:

Piss poor if you ask me. :wink:

If even had two more chances from a similar distance, not an impressive average at all.

oramhibee
11-03-2013, 04:36 PM
To be honest we were given a goal that never was last season (4-0 v Dunfermline) but that was a poor show by the referee and linesmen.

Kato
11-03-2013, 04:38 PM
The boy has made a blunder of epic proportions and instead of coming out and saying sorry I wasnt watching where I should have been we start getting ex refs saying that the ref and linesman done everything correctly and the fact the ball was 2 or 3 foot over the line is unfortunate.

I don't think he's made a blunder. He's a Hertz **** who's deliberately done Hibs out of a goal.

He's not going to say sorry. Why should he when the great and the "good" of Scottish Refereeing past and present will close ranks come up with total rubbish like "it was impossible to see" and "protocol was followed". The only protocol I can see being followed is "screw Hibs if the chance arises".

He has the face of a snide. Check the smirk when McPake is questioning him at the end. A snide.

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Why not pass this info on to Hibs?

Would i not be better waiting till Thursday ?

Love the Green
11-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Linesman: Thats ok then we were both doing our job.

:faf::top marks

keep the faith

Kris1875
11-03-2013, 04:56 PM
You can hear for yourselves at 34 seconds in. The fact he didn't hold his hands up is rekindling the fire.

Another thing too, the ex-Ref that has come out saying they were fully compliant with their positioning... It's not the positioning, it's the fact that neither had their eyes on the ball! To even have the audacity to be that arrogant and seemingly sure of that decision is very sad. After the statements today, I want harsher punishments to be brought onto officials. I agree with Fenlon.

Going by that video he clearly states it wasn't in , which correct me if I'm wrong means he did see it and chose not to give it . Yesterday I put it down to incompetence now I'm not so sure .

Sickening !

The Green Goblin
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Would i not be better waiting till Thursday ?

Sure mate. Not questioning what you are saying. Glad to hear you would consider it. Good luck

brydekirk
11-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Itv news, refs, we need better training, not goal line technology. C****s

degenerated
11-03-2013, 05:20 PM

From what I've seen, badly. Often very badly, in fact so badly you could be forgiven for thinking it was premeditated.

degenerated
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Would be interesting if that could be substantiated.

hibs4thecup1988
11-03-2013, 05:36 PM
The report on the daily ****** has a view from the referee. He had a clear view himself. He MUST have known it crossed the line.

Still infuriates me every time I see it. So annoying

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Sure mate. Not questioning what you are saying. Glad to hear you would consider it. Good luck

Not a chance of me letting this go mate

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Would be interesting if that could be substantiated.

As i said ill find out more on Wednesday , i wouldnt normally believe ity but looking at the penalty he gave against the saints and the fact that my mate mentioned it not knowing i supported Hibs and mentioned the penalty and the fact that he couldnt believe he done them another favour

Heisenberg
11-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Going by that video he clearly states it wasn't in , which correct me if I'm wrong means he did see it and chose not to give it . Yesterday I put it down to incompetence now I'm not so sure .

Sickening !

He does eh? He actually states it didnt go in. That means he saw it. Cheating wee bawbag.

VickMackie
11-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Utterly amazing that he can say it wasn't in.

I know if I was a ref and I had any doubt at all I wouldn't say with such certainty it wasn't in.

Dibben
11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Worth another view, quite unbelievable that if he did not give the goal he also did not give a pen for the Thistle player catching the ball on the way out. :greengrin

Around 1:10 on this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

I remember this one. It's funny now!

Shocking refereeing!

trev the hat
11-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Sickening !

If he sees it its a goal no question, for him to say it wasnt in is actually worse than being honest and saying he simply missed it. So he,s lying on two fronts says it all really !!! Words fail me :rolleyes:

poolman
11-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Is it not the linesmans job to quickly look at when a ball is struck then the line of defence to see if any players are offside, at times when they are running. For this one he is standing still for this taking place only running when the ball is hit. It was pretty obvious he was shooting and as soon as it left his boot you know its goalward bound. So from a standing start all he really needed to do was look from ball, to line of defence to goal. Not really that hard. I would say its harder for a linesman to spot an offside when the ball goes from one half of the park to the other and straight back again meaning the ref is having to run one way then the other at full pelt, this is something they do every week.

I suppose if this had been in the UEFA cup the linesman behind the goals would have spotted it - or perhaps not.

I'm sure it would be a natural instinct for anybody, especially a bloody linesman at a situation like that to see where the ball goes

I'm positive that he saw it and did nowt

He's a ****in cheat, and thats that

hibbysam
11-03-2013, 06:13 PM
100% jambo.. Playing with a Scotland international who supports hearts and Raymond played second to him.. Said he's a huge jambo and also had squint eyes.. Very strange indeed!!

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 06:20 PM
As much as the decision was awful, the same happened with Englands goal vs Germany - it can happen, and I really dont see how we are going to get very far making this an attack on specific officials. I hope Pat will roll the sleaves up rather than dwell on the ifs and buts of making top 6. A draw was probably a fair enough result given the balance play. A victim mentality rarely does you any good - and usually turns people against you.

If an independent inquiry into Scottish refereeing were to discover something systematic then fair enough. If it could be shown that being a supporter of one side or another led to a significant difference in making decisions, then fair enough. But I hope as a club we move on quickly from this and focus entirely on beating Motherwell etc.

ancient hibee
11-03-2013, 06:25 PM
The authorities say the officials were correctly positioned.It seems to me that if you award a direct free kick there is a possibility that a goal will be scored directly from it and therefore one official at least must be in a position to see if that is the case.Seems pretty simple to me.They seem to think that it doesn't matter whether they can tell if a goal is scored or not.

Kris1875
11-03-2013, 06:26 PM
100% jambo.. Playing with a Scotland international who supports hearts and Raymond played second to him.. Said he's a huge jambo and also had squint eyes.. Very strange indeed!!

Not disbelieving anyone but if its true he's a yam it just makes this all the worse and shows the conspiracy theorists may just have a valid point .

Will the SFA do anything or will we just recieve the usual token gesture ( there's no cheating officials are impartial ) ?

Piqué
11-03-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/125641-raymond-whyte-linesman/

searched his name on google and that came up. Post number 5 says he is a regular at tynecastle. :bitchy:

Kris1875
11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
As much as the decision was awful, the same happened with Englands goal vs Germany - it can happen, and I really dont see how we are going to get very far making this an attack on specific officials. I hope Pat will roll the sleaves up rather than dwell on the ifs and buts of making top 6. A draw was probably a fair enough result given the balance play. A victim mentality rarely does you any good - and usually turns people against you.

If an independent inquiry into Scottish refereeing were to discover something systematic then fair enough. If it could be shown that being a supporter of one side or another led to a significant difference in making decisions, then fair enough. But I hope as a club we move on quickly from this and focus entirely on beating Motherwell etc.

I don't doubt for a minute it can happen I thought that yesterday to an extent .

Looking past him being of the inbred variety he clearly states it wasn't a goal which indicates he seen it , which as we all know isn't true .

I do agree that we've got a big game on Friday that we have to focus on though feelings are still raw on this one and if there's any wrongdoing shouldn't just be forgotten .

Saorsa
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM

If an independent inquiry into Scottish refereeing were to discover something systematic then fair enough. If it could be shown that being a supporter of one side or another led to a significant difference in making decisions, then fair enough. But I hope as a club we move on quickly from this and focus entirely on beating Motherwell etc.In that video he can be heard saying it was never in, that's a pretty definite statement from somebody who wisnae sure where the ball landed.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 06:40 PM

searched his name on google and that came up. Post number 5 says he is a regular at tynecastle. :bitchy:

That is a complete pisstake thread though.

Alfred E Newman
11-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Might it be worth bringing this to the attention of a Hibs supporting journalist, or someone genuinely honest and impartial like Tom English, to see if they can find out more? Claims like this are worthless without evidence, but before anyone accuses me of being ott, think for a second that there is a suggestion that the linesman did this deliberately. I would argue that, if this is true, apart from the appalling lack of integrity and dishonesty, this comes under the area of match-fixing: i.e deliberately altering the outcome of a game. All if these claims are true though. I hope people wouldn't post this kind of thing without some kind of certainty. But if what Hibercelona is saying is true, and he decided not to give it, then there are very very serious questions to be answered. We can't rely on the SFA to ask those questions, so someone else should do it.

I would agree. These are serious allegations and put a whole new dimension on the situation. I personally could not tell from my seat yesterday whether or not it was in, when I saw the replays I was totally disgusted but was prepared to put it down to to the officials incompetence. If these allegations have any substance, then the club must take this further and force the issue .

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't doubt for a minute it can happen I thought that yesterday to an extent .

Looking past him being of the inbred variety he clearly states it wasn't a goal which indicates he seen it , which as we all know isn't true .

I do agree that we've got a big game on Friday that we have to focus on though feelings are still raw on this one and if there's any wrongdoing shouldn't just be forgotten .

For sure, and if he is a Hearts fan, then Id be happy to debate whether fans should be involved in officiating games involving their teams - particularly in a Derby. The subconscious is a funny beast.

Still reckon we could end up doing ourselves more harm than good by going over board on this. Feel gutted for Leigh though, that would have been a GoS contender.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Over the last few weeks we have lost a total of 4 points and 2 goals from our goal difference due to a couple of frankly shocking decisions by refs, but especially linesmen.

The decisions were made all the more terrible due to two facts:

1) ...... At Tannadice McGivern was standing still when he stuck his foot out, the linesman was as near as damn it level with the incident with an unobstructed view and the ref about 10 yards away also with an unobstructed view .... how could they agree it was definately in the box ... they must be sure to give a penalty.

2) ..... On Sunday the linesman had an unobstructed view of the ball as it hit the bar and crossed the line ... I would be prepared to believe that he thought at the time that the ball didnt cross the line .... but in that case his eyesight must be in question.

The bottom line here is that we should currently be 5 points ahead of Dundee Utd in 7th place, but due to these blunders we are 1 point ahead of them.

People will point to the Motherwell game ... but the goal not given in that game was from open play, the ball never touched the ground, and Williams scooped it out really quickly, so the ref / linesman could perhaps be forgiven. The penalty should never have been given, but the fact is we won that game 0 - 4 so the score would have been 0 - 2 without these decisions.

There is a post on here saying that the linesman on Sunday is a Yam ..... If this is proved to be true and given what happened in the cup final from a ref that none of us wanted before the game, the question has to be asked.

Why are officials with known maroon leanings being given derby matches to run ? Even if it is the case that these officials are as honest as the day is long .... why would the SFA / SPL put them in the position of being open to accusations of bias when they make rubbish decisions like Sunday or Thomsons two blunders of ignoring Blacks assault on a Hibs player right in front of him at Hampden and then giving a penalty for a foul which was clearly committed a yard outside the box.

There are enough refs and linesmen out there who dont support the Yams surely?

I fear for St Mirren and will watch on Sunday with interest.

euro Hibby
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I watched the game on my computor. As soon as I saw the ball leave Sparky's foot I knew it was on its way in. Linesman and ref's make mistakes but really the problems are easy to sort without technology.
Here in Italy they have a fourth official who actually stands behind the goal so its simple really if you apply some grey matter to the question.

Terrible terrible injustice to Hibs..........but its done and need to move on............

Beefster
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM

That thread has been created solely to wind us up.

poolman
11-03-2013, 06:55 PM
As much as the decision was awful, the same happened with Englands goal v Germany s- it can happen, and I really dont see how we are going to get very far making this an attack on specific officials. I hope Pat will roll the sleaves up rather than dwell on the ifs and buts of making top 6. A draw was probably a fair enough result given the balance play. A victim mentality rarely does you any good - and usually turns people against you.

You have to be joking eh :confused:

That was debatable at the time, this one is most definitely not

Have a look at them both :rolleyes:

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Apart from anything else, Ive always been keen on the idea that each teams manager could make one or two challenges per game (for goals/red cards). This would really help officials concentrate as they know they will be monitored during the game. I know if would add a few minutes to games, but SO many bad decisions could be eradicated I think the benefits would outweigh the negatives.

on-the-level
11-03-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm sure it would be a natural instinct for anybody, especially a bloody linesman at a situation like that to see where the ball goes

His body languge is very telling at the corner after the 'goal'
covers his mouth and rubs his nose. Any body languge expert would tell you that
He saw what happened and chose to ignore it.

Or mabye im just being paranoid and he was covering his mouth so he could tell
the ref via his mic 'Im a paid up Yam and there ain't no way Im givin' those Hobbos a goal'

clerriehibs
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Craig Gordon...

no need.

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
You have to be joking eh :confused:

That was debatable at the time, this one is most definitely not

Have a look at them both :rolleyes:

Pretty similar to me! :agree:

Heisenberg
11-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I can't believe I'm still letting this decision annoy me. No matter how much it's discussed this guy will get away with it and we'll be left to deal with the consequences as a football club. Ridiculous.

Eyrie
11-03-2013, 07:08 PM
This is even worse:

So in other words the two scenarios are not comparable because there was no-one obscuring the view yesterday, unlike at Fir Park. Don't fall for the spin.

As regards Kenny Clark on the BBC website"T
hat meant that, when Griffiths hit the shot, Raymond Whyte had to make his way as quickly as possible towards the goal and was running at full pelt when the ball came crashing down off the bar.
"I appreciate the ball was well across the line but to judge that with the naked eye, when you're running at full pelt and at an angle, is very difficult.
"I'm afraid it was impossible for the assistant to do that."
So it's "impossible" for the linesman to both run and watch the ball at the same time? Isn't being able to watch the game whilst moving integral to their role?

Craig_in_Prague
11-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Yep sounds about right.

Cheat.

Gatecrasher
11-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I appreciate the ball was well across the line but to judge that with the naked eye, when you're running at full pelt and at an angle, is very difficult

:Ummm: it's actually scary the excuses they make eh?

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
I watched the game on my computor. As soon as I saw the ball leave Sparky's foot I knew it was on its way in. Linesman and ref's make mistakes but really the problems are easy to sort without technology.
Here in Italy they have a fourth official who actually stands behind the goal so its simple really if you apply some grey matter to the question.

Terrible terrible injustice to Hibs..........but its done and need to move on............

Does he run back and forward from one goal to the other? :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM
The refereeing fraternity are also trying to link it to goal line technology which is a smoke screen to cover the total incompetence. You dont need goal line technology when the ball is a yard and a half over the line. Saw an interview with that muppet Dougal and he and Clark were coming out with the same lines as if they had pre-planned what they were going to say. John Fleming's statement is similarly bland and pointless focussing on goal line technology.

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Craig Gordon...

Thats a shocker.

Eyrie
11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
The bottom line here is that we should currently be 5 points ahead of Dundee Utd in 7th place, but due to these blunders we are 1 point ahead of them.
Six points clear - Dundee United wouldn't have that point from the "penalty" at Tannadice.

Eyrie
11-03-2013, 07:31 PM
The refereeing fraternity are also trying to link it to goal line technology which is a smoke screen to cover the total incompetence. You dont need goal line technology when the ball is a yard and a half over the line. Saw an interview with that muppet Dougal and he and Clark were coming out with the same lines as if they had pre-planned what they were going to say. John Fleming's statement is similarly bland and pointless focussing on goal line technology.

Fleming's statement is worse. He attempts to downplay what happened by making reference to another incident where even he admits that the linesman's view was obscured, yet expects everyone to forget that yesterday the linesman had an unobstructed view.

hibs4thecup1988
11-03-2013, 08:06 PM

I'm not getting at you when I say this...but so ****ing what??? So we have to keep the peace to be nice? To hell with that. Where has it got us so far? Yesterday we were cheated. Plain and simple. Cup final cheated. Who knows what else? Maybe if Pat comes out saying something then something will be done. Its getting beyond a joke now.

Still raging. Absolutely gutted still. And yet hearts fans at my work still said "haha still haven't beat us in 13 in the league". No bloody wonder!!!!! After yesterday I'd gladly let that record remain FOREVER if it meant them going under. I despise them even more, and to be fair, it wasn't even the hearts team fault

God Petrie
11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Diego knows the craic.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/11/18/1227039000414/Diego-Maradona-003.jpg

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm not getting at you when I say this...but so ****ing what??? So we have to keep the peace to be nice? To hell with that. Where has it got us so far? Yesterday we were cheated. Plain and simple. Cup final cheated. Who knows what else? Maybe if Pat comes out saying something then something will be done. Its getting beyond a joke now.

Still raging. Absolutely gutted still. And yet hearts fans at my work still said "haha still haven't beat us in 13 in the league". No bloody wonder!!!!! After yesterday I'd gladly let that record remain FOREVER if it meant them going under. I despise them even more, and to be fair, it wasn't even the hearts team fault

This for me is the danger. If Pat raises his head over the parapet hes just going to end up in bother. The problem with this - and almost every other bad decision - the SPL beaks always just say the officials cant get it right all the time. Ive been a referee for 45 minutes - and made all kinds of bad calls (all unintentional!).

I dont mind someone making a stink over all this, and I would love to see Scotlands referees/officials monitored in some way -it is just that I would rather Hibs and Pat stayed out of it.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
We just seem to be having a wee spell whereby everything is going against us. I thought the penalty at Tannadice was rock bottom, but yesterday was far worse. Still can't believe it, but until goal line technology is introduced this wil just keep happening. Every other sport seems capable of making good use of it.

hibs4thecup1988
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
But it is so difficult for Pat and hibs to stay out of it. Don't get me wrong I don't see every other game but are other teams seriously getting these bad decisions against them? I'm not at home at the moment and cannot be bother typing on my phone but I can think of 10 decisions this season, major ones at that, that have gone against us. One that has went for us, but even then the penalty decision at fir park was very very close to call. I'm still not sure after replays!!

So yes. I think Pat or the board should sy something. Bloody stand up for the club. He will probably be hammered for saying the decision was embarrasing anyways.

heretoday
11-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Fleming's statement is worse. He attempts to downplay what happened by making reference to another incident where even he admits that the linesman's view was obscured, yet expects everyone to forget that yesterday the linesman had an unobstructed view.

Is that an M.C. Escher as your Avatar? Class.

Springbank
11-03-2013, 08:35 PM
If I was the marketing chap at ER I'd be running this poster campaign:

Picture of McGowan nutting Ivan
Picture of templetons assault
Picture of painted lady assaulting mcpake
Picture of Craig Thomson brandishing red card
Still image of the ball over the line

The strap line to read as follows:

Hearts already have their 12th man in place
Hibs fans, We need you to be ours

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2013, 08:37 PM
So in other words the two scenarios are not comparable because there was no-one obscuring the view yesterday, unlike at Fir Park. Don't fall for the spin.

As regards Kenny Clark on the BBC website"T
So it's "impossible" for the linesman to both run and watch the ball at the same time? Isn't being able to watch the game whilst moving integral to their role?

Integral? It pretty much describes their job! They're basically saying it's impossible to run the line.

Why can't they be honest and say the boy has a hower instead of making excuses for him? Typical reaction from the referee gang.

Springbank
11-03-2013, 08:38 PM
...and I'd like to hear sly references praising the behaviour of both sets of fans. Hearts support were the thirteenth man for their team etc etc

basehibby
11-03-2013, 08:38 PM
It was a bad mistake. I was in the East, half way up and level with the edge of the 18 yard box, and I could see it was in. In this case, being higher up makes it easier to see what's happened due to the angles involved so I actually think that it's more difficult for the ref and linesman to be sure. We benefited from a similar mistake against Motherwell earlier this season, and in the game Rangers lost to Stirling Albion they had a shot cleared from behind the line so I dismiss any suggestion of a vendetta against us.

Rather than make ridiculous allegations of corruption and conspiracy, can we think of solutions? All SPL games have cameras present, so could the 4th official carry a device linked to the tv coverage? Lots of people saw the Sky feed almost immediately so the 4th official could be given the power to communicate with the ref in these situations. It would give them something more constructive to do than hold up substitute boards and take abuse from the two sets of management.

It could have been used for the penalty against Dundee United as well. After the ref blew the whistle the 4th official could have advised that the foul was just outside the box.

This "ridiculous" line is often trotted out in relation to allegations of corruption in the Scottish game - yet there have been many revelations in recent times of corruption accross European and World football and that is reckoned to be the tip of the ice-berg.

One of Scotland's leading (ex-)clubs has only the other week been found guilty of deliberate and systematic cheating and fined £250,000.

So - please enlighten me as to precisely what makes such a possibility "ridiculous". Are our officials just inately possessed of more virtuous natures than the rest of the world? That seems to be what you're implying and I for one think THAT is ridiculous !

The farcical "decision" we all witnessed on Sunday is beyond the comprehension of most people (not one but TWO highly paid "experts" suddenly struck by momentary total blindness at the very moment they should have been paying attention to an obvious possible outcome) and it is downright irresponsible IMO not to consider the possibility that they were bribed to influence the outcome of the match.

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 08:42 PM
St johnstone cup game last minute penalty . Whyte
Celtic cup game penalty Norris
Yesterday Norris and Whyte
Penalty at Pittodrie Thomson
Cup final Thomson

Do you think they will have tickets for Sunday ?

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2013, 08:43 PM

:clapper:

:top marks

How much 'luck' can they have against us?

rcarter1
11-03-2013, 08:47 PM

If I were the marketing man, Id be worried about my job..

Brilliant!!:thumbsup:

basehibby
11-03-2013, 08:47 PM

this season:

:agree: Makes you wonder if the paranoid smellies are actually bang on the money and the majority of our refs are simply a bunch of closet orangemen with a violent aversion to the colour green

basehibby
11-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Both the ref and his assistant should be taken onto the pitch at Easter Road and horsewhipped And then hung.

GREAT idea! Unfortunately that will not change the fact that Hibs are 2 points down on where we should have been and the record books will STILL show that we haven't gubbed the filthy Yam tramps in the league for ages :fuming:

hibees 7062
11-03-2013, 08:55 PM
If I were the marketing man, Id be worried about my job..

Brilliant!!:thumbsup:

Sack him and employ springbank :agree:

Waxy
11-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Hibs fans, We need you to be oursBrilliant.And sadly it looks like it's true.

Mister P
11-03-2013, 09:09 PM
ok here goes....

goal line technology.
ffs, we dont need any advanced technology. each and every one of us can review such an incident with nothing more than a Sky+ box and remote!! tv already have cameras trained on goal lines so why can't a 4th official not have a monitor to play back vital moments and report critical decisions? it must have taken the ref more seconds to shoo away Hibs protests than it would have taken a 4th official to rewind, pause, review and bleep the ref to alert him to the situation. it doenst need hundreds of thousands of pounds for such equipment so the cost excuse is just absolute ****in p!sh!

the referees view
TBH, its quite possible that given the positioning of the ref, the obstructed view from the players and keeper that the ref couldn't say for sure. end of!

the lines man
he was positioned in line with the last defender. he did not move or run towards the touch line when the ball was kicked as a few reports have stated.
he is clearly heard saying "it wasn't in", which as some have stated means he had a clear view of the ball and goal line.
his body language is that of someone who chose not to intimate the ball was over the line, presumably because he didn't want to, then realizes theres no way he can explain this one away and know he has painted himself into a corner. he is clearly fidgety and awkward.....in fact he looks like hes absolutely ****ting himself watch from 0.44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaF7DXByU4 ). 1 favor too many is he thinking??

the lines man is a jambo?
really? can this be substantiated? I look forward to hearing the reports from the poster on here. if any reasonable evidence can be found to suggest then this is a failing of epic proportions by the people who are responsible for appointing officials on games.

The SFA/SPL/referees association will NEVER admit or criticize as this would be addmitting their own failings and shooting themselves in the foot. any revelations of this nature will have to be from fans or independent journalists doing their own investigations!!

P.S refereeing in the Scottish game has been rank rotten for a long time now, self regulated and never open to any kind of questioning. it would be in the interest of all teams, not just Hibs, for the officiating organisations to be subject to much closer scrutiny.

basehibby
11-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Sickening !

:agree: At very least he's lied to McPake at the end of the game by stating it wasn't in.

Personally, I struggle to see how from his position he couldn't see exactly where the ball was - if it's not cheating (and that question SHOULD be asked) then it's incompetence on a scale that should see him busted back to park football.

hibsbollah
11-03-2013, 09:14 PM

:hilarious

basehibby
11-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Over the last few weeks we have lost a total of 4 points and 2 goals from our goal difference due to a couple of frankly shocking decisions by refs, but especially linesmen.

1) ...... At Tannadice McGivern was standing still when he stuck his foot out, the linesman was as near as damn it level with the incident with an unobstructed view and the ref about 10 yards away also with an unobstructed view .... how could they agree it was definately in the box ... they must be sure to give a penalty.

2) ..... On Sunday the linesman had an unobstructed view of the ball as it hit the bar and crossed the line ... I would be prepared to believe that he thought at the time that the ball didnt cross the line .... but in that case his eyesight must be in question.

:agree: This other nonsense "decision" completely undermines the excuse trotted out by Kenny Clark that the ref has to be 100% certain of an infringement to give a decision. If refs erred on the side of caution as a rule then the above would certainly NOT have been given as a penalty. The attempts by Clark et al to defend the indefensible are only making the refs as a whole look more and more suspect in my eyes.

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 09:33 PM
This "ridiculous" line is often trotted out in relation to allegations of corruption in the Scottish game - yet there have been many revelations in recent times of corruption accross European and World football and that is reckoned to be the tip of the ice-berg.

One of Scotland's leading (ex-)clubs has only the other week been found guilty of deliberate and systematic cheating and fined £250,000.

So - please enlighten me as to precisely what makes such a possibility "ridiculous". Are our officials just inately possessed of more virtuous natures than the rest of the world? That seems to be what you're implying and I for one think THAT is ridiculous !

The farcical "decision" we all witnessed on Sunday is beyond the comprehension of most people (not one but TWO highly paid "experts" suddenly struck by momentary total blindness at the very moment they should have been paying attention to an obvious possible outcome) and it is downright irresponsible IMO not to consider the possibility that they were bribed to influence the outcome of the match.

What do they bribe the officials with?

Cupcakes? :greengrin

Eyrie
11-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Is that an M.C. Escher as your Avatar? Class.

:agree: - "Sky and Water".

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Six points clear - Dundee United wouldn't have that point from the "penalty" at Tannadice.

This is why I will never ever get into MENSA :greengrin

Radium
11-03-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/sfa-goal-line-technology-too-expensive-for-scotland.1363024060

Fleming [Head of Referee Operations - maybe thats where the chip is inserted] explains how difficult the job is and how many things have to be looked out for, suggests to me that the linesman has fessed up to 'concentrating on other things' and so didn't spot the ball crossing the line.

Re the passed couple of weeks, can we pick up something from Motherwell - get your bad decisions and missed penalty out the way in one game.

The Green Goblin
11-03-2013, 10:41 PM

Hahaha tremendous. :top marks I would love it if they had the stones to do that. [I`ll give you a call soon to catch up btw]

Saorsa
11-03-2013, 10:44 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/sfa-goal-line-technology-too-expensive-for-scotland.1363024060

Fleming [Head of Referee Operations - maybe thats where the chip is inserted] explains how difficult the job is and how many things have to be looked out for, suggests to me that the linesman has fessed up to 'concentrating on other things' and so didn't spot the ball crossing the line.

Re the passed couple of weeks, can we pick up something from Motherwell - get your bad decisions and missed penalty out the way in one game.A load of cobblers from people trying tae defend the indefensible.

basehibby
11-03-2013, 10:51 PM

Maybe Oriental cupcakes stuffed with wads of Yen??? :dunno:

NB - not suggesting the Yams themselves would or could be the masterminds behind the international betting syndicates that have been proven to exist and attempt to influence the outcomes of sporting events around the world - wouldny be surprised if Vlad has offered to launder some of their cash though :greengrin

Leishy1995
11-03-2013, 10:56 PM
The kickback posts on that thread make my blood boil, thanks Shaun Ryder. Hope you are right and the papers read your post.

ballengeich
11-03-2013, 11:12 PM

A good response! I'll concede that there is a finite possibility that the decision on Sunday was the result of some form of bias or corruption, but I think a simple piece of incompetence is a vastly more likely explanation. I've done things at my work which have later caused me to cringe - maybe other people haven't.

Conspiracy or cock-up? For me it's the latter unless clear evidence for the former is produced.

The_Sauz
12-03-2013, 03:10 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1p4n21m65zggl4/Dwm%202013-03-11%2017-17-56-45.png

This was just as the ball hit's the bar! look at the position of both the Ref and his assistant :bitchy:

MWHIBBIES
12-03-2013, 03:40 AM

This was just as the ball hit's the bar! look at the position of both the Ref and his assistant :bitchy:I still fail to understand how they didn't see that, especially the linesman

spike220
12-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Had a guy at work today come up to me and after hearing my accent he said: did you hear about some scottish lad who scored a 40 yard screamer in the local derby and the ref and linesman missed it. One of the best goals I have ever seen!

The strange thing about this is:

1. The guy was making small chat and didnt know I was Hibs fan (only just met the guy).
2. I work in Auckland!!!

The goal was amazing! Only bettered by the stupidity of the numpty linesman. I hope that is the end of his career.

The global football community is shocked by this!

:agree::agree::agree:

carnoustiehibee
12-03-2013, 06:05 AM

This was just as the ball hit's the bar! look at the position of both the Ref and his assistant :bitchy:

Looks to me as if the ref had a clear view of the goal aswell.

Also shows Webster is the only player anticipating a save or rebound.

12-03-2013, 06:19 AM

doesn't take a football expert to see that that plooky, lanky spotty faced arse is talking ***** lol!

12-03-2013, 06:25 AM
St johnstone cup game last minute penalty . Whyte
Celtic cup game penalty Norris
Yesterday Norris and Whyte
Penalty at Pittodrie Thomson
Cup final Thomson

Do you think they will have tickets for Sunday ?

No need for them to buy tickets mate, they will be invited as honorary guest in the hospitality lounges as a thank you for their outstanding contribution to HOMOFC !

12-03-2013, 06:26 AM

:top marks

spike220
12-03-2013, 06:44 AM

Can someone email this to easter road, I sure PF would be interested in this!

Both could see the goal!! Both Bottled it!!

Pray4Marc
12-03-2013, 06:54 AM
I work as an exchange bookmaker and corruption in football is rife. The majority of football fans are ignorant to the idea of it. Lower league games are often the target as the can go under the radar easier, the decisions against us in recent weeks have certainly been questionable. But Pat isn't allowed to question it! They have it all sewn up.

These refs have the power to manipulate a result, its happening consistently, questionable decisions. We are not talking about Euans friend from down the pub having £50 on, these are organised criminals pulling the strings, similar to Horse Racing. How these people meet in the 1st place is also the key, some ref may have a problem with the powder and these criminals use that to their advantage "I need a favor" People may think that I am blowing things out of proportion but look at what Juve did. Say Juve where to play AC Milan the following week and a few key players from AC where a booking away from missing the Juve game. These organised criminals would pay a 2nd ref to deliberately book their key players to miss the Juve encounter.

IMO the ref was having a decent game until he and his officials missed the unmissable. Human error is still questionable.

Craig_in_Prague
12-03-2013, 07:30 AM
I work as an exchange bookmaker and corruption in football is rife. The majority of football fans are ignorant to the idea of it. Lower league games are often the target as the can go under the radar easier, the decisions against us in recent weeks have certainly been questionable. But Pat isn't allowed to question it! They have it all sewn up.

These refs have the power to manipulate a result, its happening consistently, questionable decisions. We are not talking about Euans friend from down the pub having £50 on, these are organised criminals pulling the strings, similar to Horse Racing. How these people meet in the 1st place is also the key, some ref may have a problem with the powder and these criminals use that to their advantage "I need a favor" People may think that I am blowing things out of proportion but look at what Juve did. Say Juve where to play AC Milan the following week and a few key players from AC where a booking away from missing the Juve game. These organised criminals would pay a 2nd ref to deliberately book their key players to miss the Juve encounter.

IMO the ref was having a decent game until he and his officials missed the unmissable. Human error is still questionable.

I don't know about the goal and derby from Sunday, but I do believe there is a lot more corruption than people think, whilst it could be happening under our noses most weeks.

There has been plenty leagues and games seen as potential match fixing.
Why would Scotland be immune to this?

Saorsa
12-03-2013, 07:32 AM

This was just as the ball hit's the bar! look at the position of both the Ref and his assistant :bitchy:From that picture I fail tae see how either of them couldnae see that ball crossing the line. I saw it from three quarters the length of the stadium.

Heisenberg
12-03-2013, 07:38 AM

That picture makes it pretty clear that both the ref and the linesman especially are looking right at the incident. Why would the linesman be looking anywhere else? He's able to look right at it from where he is, and I believe he was, so he's either bottled it completely or just plane cheated.

Leishy1995
12-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Does anyone have a link to Templeton's assault?

Wheat Hound
12-03-2013, 08:37 AM
You can see the ball is tucked not just under the bar but noticeably towards the roof of the net (just a fraction away from actually hitting the roof). Absolutely astounding that a goal wasnt awarded. Clear as day. The game is about goals, not refs clamping down on minor pushing and shoving in the wall.

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 09:00 AM

People will point to the Motherwell game ... but the goal not given in that game was from open play, the ball never touched the ground, and Williams scooped it out really quickly, so the ref / linesman could perhaps be forgiven. The penalty should never have been given, but the fact is we won that game 0 - 4 so the score would have been 0 - 2 without these decisions.

There is a post on here saying that the linesman on Sunday is a Yam ..... If this is proved to be true and given what happened in the cup final from a ref that none of us wanted before the game, the question has to be asked.

Why are officials with known maroon leanings being given derby matches to run ? Even if it is the case that these officials are as honest as the day is long .... why would the SFA / SPL put them in the position of being open to accusations of bias when they make rubbish decisions like Sunday or Thomsons two blunders of ignoring Blacks assault on a Hibs player right in front of him at Hampden and then giving a penalty for a foul which was clearly committed a yard outside the box.

There are enough refs and linesmen out there who dont support the Yams surely?

I fear for St Mirren and will watch on Sunday with interest.

You can throw in the joke penalty at Killie in the cup, 2-1 and cruising and the numpty linesman decides to get involved when a clear dive. As it happened we won but that could easily have swung the game Killie's way.

Saorsa
12-03-2013, 09:02 AM
You can throw in the joke penalty at Killie in the cup, 2-1 and cruising and the numpty linesman decides to get involved when a clear dive. As it happened we won but that could easily have swung the game Killie's way.Just as you happen tae mention that incident and in case I've missed it, have we had Shiels's 'honest' opinion on that dive yet?

kentao
12-03-2013, 09:08 AM
You can throw in the joke penalty at Killie in the cup, 2-1 and cruising and the numpty linesman decides to get involved when a clear dive. As it happened we won but that could easily have swung the game Killie's way.

A guy i work with was saying his wife works alongside the linesmans wife and she talks openly about some of the decisions and was saying she wanted it to end as a draw because the same officials will get the replay and an extra pay packet. So the incentive is there to even things up in a cup game.

Still cant believe sparkys goal was missed.

Saorsa
12-03-2013, 09:11 AM
A guy i work with was saying his wife works alongside the linesmans wife and she talks openly about some of the decisions and was saying she wanted it to end as a draw because the same officials will get the replay and an extra pay packet. So the incentive is there to even things up in a cup game.

Still cant believe sparkys goal was missed.I dinnae believe it was missed either. :wink:

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 09:19 AM

No, no they are all impartial and their integrity is not allowed to be questioned. :confused:

hibs4thecup1988
12-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Does anyone have a link to Templeton's assault?

Don't know if this will work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stWqDmqKzZE

Impact is 26 seconds in

kentao
12-03-2013, 09:56 AM
No, no they are all impartial and their integrity is not allowed to be questioned. :confused:

I agree :wink: but it easy to make a mistake for £600-£800 a game.

Also the linesman from the killie game likes to have a punt on some of the matches hes involved in.

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 09:58 AM

Also the linesman from the killie game likes to have a punt on some of the matches hes involved in.

Is that right? I cant imagine he is allowed to do that, would think that would be against any agreement he may have with the SFA. Sounds very suspect.

Greenblood70
12-03-2013, 10:03 AM

This....I firmly believe both the referee and linesman both saw it as a goal and for reasons only known to themselves did not give it. We can't let this go, these officials should be brought to account, and the lack of response or culpability from the authorities only increases the chances of some bampot taking matters into their own hands.

MB62
12-03-2013, 10:04 AM
It was a bad mistake. I was in the East, half way up and level with the edge of the 18 yard box, and I could see it was in..

As were we (Q15 in the East) and we could also clearly see it was in.

All SPL games have cameras present, so could the 4th official carry a device linked to the tv coverage? Lots of people saw the Sky feed almost immediately so the 4th official could be given the power to communicate with the ref in these situations. It would give them something more constructive to do than hold up substitute boards and take abuse from the two sets of management.

I have been saying this for years now and the one that I always quote was when Lithuania got the penalty at Dumpden against Scotland when the wee Yam blatantly dived in the box. By the time the penalty was actually taken, we had seen about six or more replays on T.V. of the incident so there would have been no holding up of play.
They are now talking about extra officials helping out rather than goal line technology but a 5th official sitting in the stand watching the T.V. feed that you mention would solve all these problems. It would shirley also help the officials on the park make the right decisions and therefore avoiding all the slagging they are taking over the Griffiths 'goal'.

The arguement is 'where does that stop' e.g. how much influence should the 5th T.V. officlal have? It is something that could be discussed and agreed on by clubs and officals BEFORE the season starts and whilst again it is not going to be 100% perfect, it MUST be better than what we already have.
Another arguement with this is 'not all games are televised' but ALL SPL games are so we start there. Not all ground have four stands and not all games even have nets, if you want to take it down to the basic level, but the basic rules are the same whether it is an SPL fixture or a Sunday amateur league game.

Let's use the technology that's currently available

Leishy1995
12-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Don't know if this will work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stWqDmqKzZE

Impact is 26 seconds in

That's Stevenson mate

The_Sauz
12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Looks to me as if the ref had a clear view of the goal aswell.

Also shows Webster is the only player anticipating a save or rebound.
Not really, as most of the players were lined-up on the edge of the 18yrd line when the ball was kicked. :agree:

The_Sauz
12-03-2013, 10:25 AM
As were we (Q15 in the East) and we could also clearly see it was in.

I have been saying this for years now and the one that I always quote was when Lithuania got the penalty at Dumpden against Scotland when the wee Yam blatantly dived in the box. By the time the penalty was actually taken, we had seen about six or more replays on T.V. of the incident so there would have been no holding up of play.
They are now talking about extra officials helping out rather than goal line technology but a 5th official sitting in the stand watching the T.V. feed that you mention would solve all these problems. It would shirley also help the officials on the park make the right decisions and therefore avoiding all the slagging they are taking over the Griffiths 'goal'.

The arguement is 'where does that stop' e.g. how much influence should the 5th T.V. officlal have? It is something that could be discussed and agreed on by clubs and officals BEFORE the season starts and whilst again it is not going to be 100% perfect, it MUST be better than what we already have.
Another arguement with this is 'not all games are televised' but ALL SPL games are so we start there. Not all ground have four stands and not all games even have nets, if you want to take it down to the basic level, but the basic rules are the same whether it is an SPL fixture or a Sunday amateur league game.

Let's use the technology that's currently available
But we do have a 5th official.....he's called a Referees Supervisor :agree: and I bet he is on more than £850 per week/game :grr:

MB62
12-03-2013, 10:28 AM
But we do have a 5th official.....he's called a Referees Supervisor :agree: and I bet he is on more than £850 per week/game :grr:

You're spot on, and I did realise that and it's about time he was earning his dosh :agree:

silverhibee
12-03-2013, 10:31 AM

That is against the rules.

joe breezy
12-03-2013, 10:36 AM
it was bad but it could have happened in more important games...

Onwards and upwards, Hibs for the Cup

The_Sauz
12-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I posted a story from the Glasgow herald on another thread, and it mentioned the cost (£300000) to installing GLT! Now I can understand that's a lot of money to teams the 1st/2nd/3rd division (and hertz :greengrin), but the SPL are quick to draw up guidelines for teams wishing to join the SPL (6000 all seater stadiums/Under-soil heating ect) so why can't they insist that teams must provide a small monitor for the 4th Official that is linked up to the BBC cameras (as they cover all the SPL games). It's not perfect, but at least it's start! :agree:

EdinMike
12-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Remember when our officials went on strike for being sheet and we got decent foreign officials with no bias or corruption...

Saorsa
12-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I posted a story from the Glasgow herald on another thread, and it mentioned the cost (£300000) to installing GLT! Now I can understand that's a lot of money to teams the 1st/2nd/3rd division (and hertz :greengrin), but the SPL are quick to draw up guidelines for teams wishing to join the SPL (6000 all seater stadiums/Under-soil heating ect) so why can't they insist that teams must provide a small monitor for the 4th Official that is linked up to the BBC cameras (as they cover all the SPL games). It's not perfect, but at least it's start! :agree:I dinnae even see the need for all the expensive tech, surely just simple cameras mounted in/behind or tae the sides of the goals linked tae a monitor would suffice.

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 10:43 AM
That is against the rules.

Completely against the rules which I am no doubt he is well aware of. No wonder some officials are questioned on a hidden agenda even more so when you see how rank awful that decision actually was and how it could easily have knocked us out the cup costing the club hundreds of thousands of pounds.

green glory
12-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Completely against the rules which I am no doubt he is well aware of. No wonder some officials are questioned on a hidden agenda even more so when you see how rank awful that decision actually was and how it could easily have knocked us out the cup costing the club hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Someone should find out if that **** was anywhere near a bookies in Methil on Saturday then.

The_Sauz
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I dinnae even see the need for all the expensive tech, surely just simple cameras mounted in/behind or tae the sides of the goals linked tae a monitor would suffice.

That was the point I was trying to make :wink:. 2 wide-angle wireless cameras attached to the roof of the nets behind the crossbar would do just fine:agree:

carnoustiehibee
12-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Not really, as most of the players were lined-up on the edge of the 18yrd line when the ball was kicked. :agree:

Maybe when the ball was kicked, but clearly from that photo you can see the wall has split and he has a clear view of the ball.

12-03-2013, 11:35 AM
It was a boring, stuffy game on Sunday, neither team looking particularly impressive. Its games like that that are won out of quick moments of magic and the Sparky "goal" was that magic moment but was cruelly and so wrongly taken away from us. Still turns my stomach looking at the replays and the still photos!

The_Sauz
12-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Maybe when the ball was kicked, but clearly from that photo you can see the wall has split and he has a clear view of the ball.

:confused: It was a reply to this comment "Also shows Webster is the only player anticipating a save or rebound" :wink:

That why I put up the picture, to prove that both officials had a clear site of the goal. Plus the Ref should have moved closer to the 18yrd box rather than stopping in-line with the Hearts wall:agree:

Jack Hackett
12-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I posted a story from the Glasgow herald on another thread, and it mentioned the cost (£300000) to installing GLT! Now I can understand that's a lot of money to teams the 1st/2nd/3rd division (and hertz :greengrin), but the SPL are quick to draw up guidelines for teams wishing to join the SPL (6000 all seater stadiums/Under-soil heating ect) so why can't they insist that teams must provide a small monitor for the 4th Official that is linked up to the BBC cameras (as they cover all the SPL games). It's not perfect, but at least it's start! :agree:

Is it just coincidental that things which would please the punters, like goal line technology and punting zombie huns out of the league, draw humongous numbers and protestations of poverty and dire consequences from the powers that be, while the unpopular things like a huge wage rise for donkeycaster are ok?

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 12:42 PM
:confused: It was a reply to this comment "Also shows Webster is the only player anticipating a save or rebound" :wink:

That why I put up the picture, to prove that both officials had a clear site of the goal. Plus the Ref should have moved closer to the 18yrd box rather than stopping in-line with the Hearts wall:agree:

I don't think the ref could call it to be honest he is 25m out and may have had players in the way obstructing his view he must assume that the linesman is in a decent position to see it which of course he was. Whether he was actually looking at the ball is another thing.

tomf
12-03-2013, 12:45 PM
In a situation where the officials admit they didn't see an incident...let's say there's a free kick that results in the ball clearly crossing the line for a goal and coming back out into play whereupon it is then played out again by a member of the opposing side. The officials are required to make a decision as the game has to proceed. So what would an unbiased decision be? A re-take of the free kick would seem fairly logical but in the case of Sunday's game the referee makes a decision that clearly favours one team. If the officals didn't see it cossing the line doesn't that imply neither did they see it not crossing the line...but that was the decision they made; based on what evidence? The decision that was made in the derby game was clearly illogical but people can make mistakes and there's nothing Hibs can do about it now but we surely have the right to ask the officials to simply explain why they decided not to give a goal (on no apparent evidence...and definitely not based on the facts). Like every Hibs fan I am so angry at the injustice; this idiotically wrong decision has cost us valuable points and the rightful victory our play deserved. This wasn't a goaline incident in open play, this was a set piece where it was obvious to everyone that Griffiths was setting up to shoot; the ball was travelling fast but over a fair distance; if the linesman wasn't watching the ball what was he watching? If a linesman in this situation is instructed to watch the defensive line of players for an offside then this particular offical must have tracked the last Hearts player...that will be the one who cleared the ball as it bounced out the net, which makes it even more ridiculous that he missed the position of the ball. Simple geometry would indicate that the odds were it had crossed the line. But the officials used their superb powers of observation, the laws of physics, geometry and the rules of the game to conjour up as decisive a bit of cheating as one could hope to see. I'm happy to call it cheating; that's obviously a far more logical explanation than all that nonesense about the laws of physics. In terms of goaline technology; a simple camera would resolve the vast majority of disputes not several hundred thousand pounds worth of technology. In rugby, as in many other sports, the referee can call for a video replay before awarding a try for instance. The game is held up for a small amount of time, the clock can be stopped so no playing time is lost and the chances of the correct decsion being made are greatly improved. There will still be disputed decisions but then everyone can see and understand that some video evidence will be inconclusive and then the referee is perfectly within his rights to use his own judgement. We could live with that; I'd even give them their penalty claim if the referee decided it was a clear penalty on looking at the replay. It wasn't; but I'd give them that so that Leigh could at least be a contender for goal of the season. That would be fair; and isn't that the point of the officials? To ensure fair play.

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Is it just coincidental that things which would please the punters, like goal line technology and punting zombie huns out of the league, draw humongous numbers and protestations of poverty and dire consequences from the powers that be, while the unpopular things like a huge wage rise for donkeycaster are ok?

I agree however the whole engineered discussion about GFT is a smoke screen by the SFA to avoid making comment on why a linesman couldnt see a ball a yard over the line when he should have. BBC Sport the page on the discussion is headed Clark explains decision which is completely misleading. Was listening to Sportsound last night and Michael Stewart and Tom English were laughing at the notion that the linesman couldnt see the ball was in as Clark seemed to be excusing him of.

The headline on the SFA website is Fleming invests in GFT training for officials. Yippee like that is the main issue. SFA - not fit for purpose, too many back scratchers, blazers, jobs worths, protectionism being able to make mistakes without any transparency or accountability.

carnoustiehibee
12-03-2013, 12:51 PM

But Webster is only one running back to head it clear (as you can see on the photo aswell) Doyle and I think mcpake came running in after Webster had knocked it over the bar. Therefore he was the only one anticipating the shot coming back. (insert stupid confussed face)

The Green Goblin
12-03-2013, 01:00 PM
I think the ref's view was blocked but the linesman`s wasn`t. The more I watch that world class free kick almost breaking the bar in two and going in, the more sickened I feel.

JimBHibees
12-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I think the ref's view was blocked but the linesman`s wasn`t. The more I watch that world class free kick almost breaking the bar in two and going in, the more sickened I feel.

Agree was a fantastic strike more fitting of a better game than Sunday's however the guy and us were robbed of celebrating it by either incompetence or choosing not to see. Quite sickening really.