PDA

View Full Version : Loss of four points and earnings (merged)

Callum_62
10-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Thats 4 points in the last few league games bad big decisions has cost us

Pen at Utd that was a yard outside the box and now a fantastic goal that was at least 2 yard overs the line

of course, in-between that we had the ridiculous penalty at Killie against us in the cup

That could cost us top 6 come the split.....we should be sitting joint 4th right now

fuming....how any of the panel can defend the officials is beyond me - "if there not sure they cant give it"

WTF is the linesman doing....its lined up for a shot at goal - what else is he looking at?

pathetic decision to deny the only real piece of quality in the game

EuanH78
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Pen at Utd that was a yard outside the box and now a fantastic goal that was at least 2 yard overs the line

of course, in-between that we had the ridiculous penalty at Killie against us in the cup

That could cost us top 6 come the split.....we should be sitting joint 4th right now

fuming....how any of the panel can defend the officials is beyond me - "if there not sure they cant give it"

WTF is the linesman doing....its lined up for a shot at goal - what else is he looking at?

PF just said that verbatim in his interview.

ozzie
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM
The linesman was obviously watching players to see who he could flag offside.

Fergus52
10-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm actually fuming.

I hate officials, incompetent at every level from u13s right up to the top.

The most important part of the game and they can't do it properly.

Callum_62
10-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Its not even a hard call.....its not like a split second rebounded effort cannons off the bar, down and out

the ball has travelled nigh on 40 YARDS untouched, and yet not one of the officials sees that its yards over

there is no defending that at all

we have had some real harsh call....or 'uncalls' in derbies recently

adhibs
10-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Absolutely gutted. Were being cheated out the top 6

GGTH1-0
10-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Absolutely gutted. Were being cheated out the top 6

Top 6 is still possible.

adhibs
10-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Top 6 is still possible.

Still is but weve got some hard games. If it wasnt for injustices we wouldve nearly had it wrapped up

Tricla
10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Top 6 is still possible.

Aye but it would have been a cert by now if it wasn't for incompetent tootling from our bonehead officials.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Top 6 is still possible.

It is possible but we've now got to play 3 out of the top 4 sides in the league before the split, with 2 of those games being away from home.

I feel we really needed a win today but of course it's not over.

We should have 4 more points than we have at the moment after the Dundee Utd and Hearts games and that would have seen us almost guaranteed a top six place. But it's not to be and we just need to keep going and hope we do enough in our remaining games.

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Not just four more points for us, but one less for Dundee United which would also make a difference. A six point gap between sixth and seventh would let us breath more easily.

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Lets not forget that 3 out of the 4 derbies we have been shafted in. 2 first half sending offs and then this absolute joke of a decision.

Something smells and we are being done by it.

Also the last 3 games we have again had incredible decisions what with the Utd pen the Killie dive and then this.

Ell_Chrisso
10-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm actually fuming.

Now there is someone talking sense... 10/10

Woody70x2
10-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Not just four more points for us, but one less for Dundee United which would also make a difference. A six point gap between sixth and seventh would let us breath more easily.

Whilst accepting these decisions cost us points, earlier in the season we scooped all the points v Dundee Utd although Scatchel scored a legitimate goal. Swings and roundabouts?

edinburghhibee
10-03-2013, 08:15 PM
If I were to be struck with forklift at work due to him being on his mobile while driving am I right in saying I could claim compensation for loss of earnings???

If so, do hibs have a claim against the SFA should we fail to get into the top 6 due to their officials shocking decisions???

I mean the penalty that was given to Dundee united was a shocker and today's clear goal has lost us 4 points there is no doubting that. So If we lose out on top 6 that's potential earnings of what £80,000 at the least and with the possibility of 2nd place we could be losing a hell of a lot more through no fault of our own.

What's everyone's thoughts on this???

greenlex
10-03-2013, 08:18 PM
We would have a case if the linesmen had been on their mobiles. :greengrin

Kris1875
10-03-2013, 08:21 PM
But these things even themselves out don't you know ? If true then we must be getting an easy ride next season !:fuming:

edinburghhibee
10-03-2013, 08:21 PM

That's my only reason for that call today, I really can't believe he didn't see the ball go over that line I was in S43 at the opposite side of the ground and I saw it bounce over the line!!!

Jay
10-03-2013, 08:22 PM

If he had been on his mobile he might have got sent the same pic as the rest of us and awarded the flamin goal!

CropleyWasGod
10-03-2013, 08:23 PM
But these things even themselves out don't you know ? If true then we must be getting an easy ride next season !:fuming:

<cough> Paul Hanlon.

Since90+2
10-03-2013, 08:23 PM
If I were to be struck with forklift at work due to him being on his mobile while driving am I right in saying I could claim compensation for loss of earnings???

If so, do hibs have a claim against the SFA should we fail to get into the top 6 due to their officials shocking decisions???

I mean the penalty that was given to Dundee united was a shocker and today's clear goal has lost us 4 points there is no doubting that. So If we lose out on top 6 that's potential earnings of what £80,000 at the least and with the possibility of 2nd place we could be losing a hell of a lot more through no fault of our own.

I hope your not being serious with this. Huv a word.

Alfred E Newman
10-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Whilst accepting these decisions cost us points, earlier in the season we scooped all the points v Dundee Utd although Scatchel scored a legitimate goal. Swings and roundabouts?

There was also the disallowed Motherwell "goal" at Fir Park though neither of these incidents were clear cut without several TV replays. Today was blatently obvious and down to total incompetence from the officials.

Hiber-nation
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM

:agree:

Lets leave the paranoia to celtc.

edinburghhibee
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I also think that fenlon's should have pulled aside tam McCourt after the match and told him he was going in front of the cameras, and told him to let rip on these stupid decisions that are being made against us. It's almost every week, we should man up and start pointing out every single injustice we have had in the past year or two because its beyond a joke from Aberdeens dive in the 1-0 at pitoddrie through the final penalty, and to the last three weeks.

****ing joke!!!!!

edinburghhibee
10-03-2013, 08:27 PM

I am being serious, no other team get shafted like we do

danhibees1875
10-03-2013, 08:28 PM
My thoughts are that we should be looking to beat Motherwell (with or without another questionable pen/them not being awarded a goal for the ball crossing the line :wink: ) and ICT and doing so - most probably - getting into the top 6 regardless.

I don't think suing the league governing bodies over league position compensation should be added to the list of Hibernian firsts. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
10-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I am being serious, no other team get shafted like we do

You start that stuff, and then see where it gets us.

Football matches would be decided in courtrooms.

And, we'd be behind Sir Alex in the queue this week.

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Not so sure actually we do appear to be on the wrong end of shockers. That is 3 out of the 4 derbies we have played this season that a game changing decision has gone against us. 2 retrospective first half reds and an abominable goal decision. These are our biggest games of the season. Throw in the Final decisions and another retrospective red in a new year home defeat last season. How many decisions before we start to think something is up. In the last 3 games at a massive part of the season we have been on the wrong end of 2 joke penalties and now this. Just read the same linesman had a hand in keeping Hearts in last years cup with a joke penalty against St Johnstone.

TrinityHibs
10-03-2013, 08:39 PM
No idea if the linesman/men/ref like a bet but in Japan you would be in jail for that decision. Looked like match rigging to me. Just a thought

SouthMoroccoStu
10-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Not so sure actually we do appear to be on the wrong end of shockers. That is 3 out of the 4 derbies we have played this season that a game changing decision has gone against us. 2 retrospective first half reds and an abominable goal decision. These are our biggest games of the season. Throw in the Final decisions and another retrospective red in a new year home defeat last season. How many decisions before we start to think something is up. In the last 3 games at a massive part of the season we have been on the wrong end of 2 joke penalties and now this. Just read the same linesman had a hand in keeping Hearts in last years cup with a joke penalty against St Johnstone.

This.

The 'these things happen' attitude has got us nowhere

It seems to work well for Celtic and Kenny Sheils

Something is rotten in the SFA and their representatives have zero accountability and some seem to have it in for us

connerg
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM

:top marksThe best evidence is your own eyes. It happens too often to be coincidence.

Since90+2
10-03-2013, 09:03 PM

My point wasnt that we have not had decisions go against us. We have.

My point was in response to the OP suggesting we look to sue the SFA for loss of earnings due to it which is ridiculous.

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 09:11 PM
My point wasnt that we have not had decisions go against us. We have.

My point was in response to the OP suggesting we look to sue the SFA for loss of earnings due to it which is ridiculous.

Ok fair enough, agree with that.

The Green Goblin
10-03-2013, 09:15 PM
<cough> Paul Hanlon.

Yes, but that was the 4th goal in a 4-0 win, not the only goal of the game though. Plus, today's decision was much much worse - it was so clear.

LioNeilMessi
10-03-2013, 09:35 PM

Of course if any sort of 'compensation' scheme was brought in it would be almost impossible to judge due to the unlimited ways a game can pan out even for the last 5 mins. United didn't have the penalty but they could of scored from the free kick (which should of been given), rebound or from the corner that could of resulted from the saved free kick. You could never make a judgement without a huge amount of controversy following it. We just need referees/linesmen that can do their job properly.

edinburghhibee
10-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Of course if any sort of 'compensation' scheme was brought in it would be almost impossible to judge due to the unlimited ways a game can pan out even for the last 5 mins. United didn't have the penalty but they could of scored from the free kick (which should of been given), rebound or from the corner that could of resulted from the saved free kick. You could never make a judgement without a huge amount of controversy following it. We just need referees/linesmen that can do their job properly.

I totally understand that and to be honest I don't believe suing the SFA is the way forward but I'm hacked off with being on the wrong end of results because the officials are either cheating or are extremely poor at there job.

For instance, the ref and linesman today have cost us the three points. Had this been a mechanic who forgot to tighten a wheel nut and the wheel come off the motor he would be sure to lose his job. What will happen to these blundering idiots very little they'll get paid again next week after officiating another SPL game.

I realise the above is extreme but I'm majorly ****ed off tonight so I apologies in advance

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 10:11 PM

That would be a fair point if it didn't involve Skacel :wink:

500miles
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
There was also the disallowed Motherwell "goal" at Fir Park though neither of these incidents were clear cut without several TV replays. Today was blatently obvious and down to total incompetence from the officials.

Is that the same Motherwell goal where Higdon is all over McPake in the 6 yard box? Totally over-stated incident.

LioNeilMessi
10-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I totally understand that and to be honest I don't believe suing the SFA is the way forward but I'm hacked off with being on the wrong end of results because the officials are either cheating or are extremely poor at there job.

For instance, the ref and linesman today have cost us the three points. Had this been a mechanic who forgot to tighten a wheel nut and the wheel come off the motor he would be sure to lose his job. What will happen to these blundering idiots very little they'll get paid again next week after officiating another SPL game.

I realise the above is extreme but I'm majorly ****ed off tonight so I apologies in advance

:agree: Yup at least there needs to be accountability for incompetent officials - which there seems to be a lack of in the game. The last three weeks I've said something along the lines of 'worst decision I've ever witnessed in football' - it may be a bit dramatic (with green tinted specs on :greengrin) but it's not far off the mark!

It makes me so sick that it will probably cost us a top six place. Lost revenue aside it also gives little reason to use STs on the last home games if we're playing for 7th!

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2013, 12:15 AM

Add both penalties Aberdeen got against us, this season alone's against the Merricks as well as Cairney's non-penalty v Killie for starters and I doubt it.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-03-2013, 07:53 AM

Used to think that, that all these types of decisions evened themselves out across a full season.

But we have been on the sticky end of far too many.

Especially in Derbys

Retrospective bans and sympathy from neutrals are all well and good but they don't get points on the board

AberdreamHibee
11-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Hopefully Leigh etc all throw themselves to the deck like they have been hit with a 50. cal sniper in the next 3 derbies, that would even it out.

Joke. As someone said, something definitely smells, we are getting big decisions against us at every turn be it cup finals or crucial league games.

Why are the officials such incompetent ****wits? Never get big game decisions our way.

Pray4Marc
11-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm actually fuming.

My pet hate is their ignorance towards admitting they where wrong, infuriating stuff.

Should ask Kenny Sheils for advice.

Phil D. Rolls
11-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Is it all unreasonable to think that neither official saw clearly? I'd say the fans behind the goals were off their feet because they knew it had crossed the line. The fans in the east - and even players further back (in line with the officials), didn't react as quickly.

I'd say then there is a strong case for accepting a genuine mistake, just as we expected Dunfermline fans to do last season. If we are so focussed on sporting integrity, and fair results - then we have to start complaining when bad decisions go our way as well.

It's been pretty annoying the number that have gone against us recently. I think we can use gamesmanship to suggest officials think twice before giving another dodgy one against us. By all means shout and complain, but let's not bring morality, legality or sportsmanship into it.

The worst decision I have ever seen is the penalty Matty Jack won against Dundee Utd. These things even themselves out, and anyone that thinks Hibs are the victims of some conspiracy need to have a word with themselves. From what I can make out, Rod is one of the power brokers in the SFA, I don't think he'd let Hibs get walked over.

The Sea-gull
11-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Annoying as shocking decisions like the on e yesterday are, you just have to get on with it.

I am sure we have probably had some dodgy pens given to us down the years and, granted these games both finished in 4-0 wins so are a wee bit different to the denying of a winning goal, we did benefit from goal line decisions against Dunfermline at the end of last season (Hanlon's goal for us) and against Motherwell at Fir Park this season (they had goal chopped off with score 1-0 to Hibs IIRC).

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Is it all unreasonable to think that neither official saw clearly? I'd say the fans behind the goals were off their feet because they knew it had crossed the line. The fans in the east - and even players further back (in line with the officials), didn't react as quickly.

I'd say then there is a strong case for accepting a genuine mistake, just as we expected Dunfermline fans to do last season. If we are so focussed on sporting integrity, and fair results - then we have to start complaining when bad decisions go our way as well.

It's been pretty annoying the number that have gone against us recently. I think we can use gamesmanship to suggest officials think twice before giving another dodgy one against us. By all means shout and complain, but let's not bring morality, legality or sportsmanship into it.

The worst decision I have ever seen is the penalty Matty Jack won against Dundee Utd. These things even themselves out, and anyone that thinks Hibs are the victims of some conspiracy need to have a word with themselves. From what I can make out, Rod is one of the power brokers in the SFA, I don't think he'd let Hibs get walked over.

I dont agree with that I think referees find it easier to give decisions against certain teams than other teams. Whether that is due to intimidation, gamesmanship by fans or club officials behind the scenes I dont know or whether some officials are just incompetent or biased or worst. Given how the level of corruption and cronyism which was apparent with regard to Sevco I think you would need to be pretty naive to think that sort of thing didnt also have the potential to extend to officials.

edinburghhibee
11-03-2013, 11:33 AM

Sorry filled rolls I've slept on it mate and I can say hand on my heart that I was on the opposite side of the ground in S43 and I could see it was over the line I was jumping around going mental as was everyone around me we all saw it go in. If they genuinely didn't see that cross the line they are not fit to be refereeing SPL matches or any professional matches they should be with me at south gyle ref'ing our games at amateur level... Shocking decision.

R'Albin
11-03-2013, 02:51 PM
My pet hate is their ignorance towards admitting they where wrong, infuriating stuff.

Should ask Kenny Sheils for advice.

Your username :thumbsup: :hilarious

Paisley Hibby
11-03-2013, 07:22 PM

Pen at Utd that was a yard outside the box and now a fantastic goal that was at least :greengrin2 yard overs the line

Agree with what you say but this ball seems to be getting further and further over the line as the days pass. At this rate, by the end of the week it's going to have landed down by The Shore lol.

Callum_62
11-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Agree with what you say but this ball seems to be getting further and further over the line as the days pass. At this rate, by the end of the week it's going to have landed down by The Shore lol.

Im no good with distances, but its about 1/2 way between the net and the line.....far enough for pretty much everyone in the stadium to see it was over - even in real time on the stream I was watching is pretty obvious