PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Diclonius
10-03-2013, 05:26 PM
We are going to miss him if he leaves in May. Completely unfazed by the occasion and was at the heart of every attack. Fantastic. :aok:

S.sct
10-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Outstanding. How was he not MOTM????

greenlex
10-03-2013, 05:28 PM
A few really slack balls but oozed class. My motm.

LALthehibeeGAL
10-03-2013, 05:30 PM
We are going to miss him if he leaves in May. Completely unfazed by the occasion and was at the heart of every attack. Fantastic. :aok:

He was my MOTM - I really think he is the one midfielder (okay we get the odd wayward ball but he usually chases after it to get it back) I will miss him think he is our best midfielder.

Lal:wink:

wheniwas5
great 1st half , 2nd half played good but few wasted balls and free kicks.
been class for weeks thou.

Thecat23

There is a good chance he will be here next season. He's very happy and wants to stay.

matty_f
10-03-2013, 05:33 PM
He was outstanding.

JHFC
10-03-2013, 05:36 PM
anyone see what he done in the 80th odd minute? 3 or 4 hearts players around him and got out of it with ease!

AK86
10-03-2013, 05:38 PM
It must be so frustrating for him when he puts his foot on the ball, looks up and nobody makes a forward move for him the only player on the pitch who actually knew how to play fitba

adhibs
10-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Few bad passes in the second half which put us under pressure but I'l let him off. Has been fantastic every time hes played for the last month. Been some strange motm decisions recently

down-the-slope
10-03-2013, 05:40 PM
the only player who really influenced the game first half - second half he was pick again but still even he allowed the conditions to bring in errors at free kicks and a couple of passes.

I hope we can do something, but his club looking for big fee

wookie70
10-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Classy performance today and my MOTM too. Not sure I would have him taking free kicks though. He seems to be able to keep the ball in the most tight situations. Best midfielder we have by a good margin.

Mon Dieu4
10-03-2013, 05:43 PM
just said on another thread that i think he is the best midfielder we have had in years and would be even more a superstar if he had played in Mowbray or McLeishs team with better players around him

When he danced past 3 or 4 of their players on a couple of occasions was like watching Boozy pre cruciate injury

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Our best passages of play where when he got the ball and looked to keep it on the ground. Also has a great ability to buy himself half a second when under pressure and not afraid to make a challenge. I hope we can keep him.

hibby rae
10-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Defo MOTM. Calm, composed, doesn't give the opposition time to think and on the rare occasions he makes a mistake he, more often than not, redeems himself straight away. Not saying anyone should be dropped but I'm looking forward to seeing him and Thompson get some proper game time together.

PeeJay
10-03-2013, 05:56 PM
I thought Claros had a good game today, but IMO he doesn't do enough with his obvious talent - we need creativity up front/going forward and he doesn't help us enough in that department. He made several errors today - several slack passes and wasted free kicks - plus late in the game he tried a shot when better options were available - I don't recall many "incisive passes going forward" from him and he didn't find our "only" threat very often either if at all ... shouldn't that at least be some part of the game plan?

essexhibee
10-03-2013, 05:58 PM
First derby where he has put in a good performance. Eased through the game.

Purehibee_MYB
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I thought Claros had a good game today, but IMO he doesn't do enough with his obvious talent - we need creativity up front/going forward and he doesn't help us enough in that department. He made several errors today - several slack passes and wasted free kicks - plus late in the game he tried a shot when better options were available - I don't recall many "incisive passes going forward" from him and he didn't find our "only" threat very often either if at all ... shouldn't that at least be some part of the game plan?

I thought he was fantastic today, and he did try and make things happen, he completed a few passes that most players on the park wouldn't bother with

HH81
10-03-2013, 06:01 PM
great 1st half , 2nd half played good but few wasted balls and free kicks.
been class for weeks thou.

This.

bawheid
10-03-2013, 06:02 PM
A fabulous footballer. Hope we can find the means to keep him.

whiskyhibby
10-03-2013, 06:24 PM
He was the best player on the park today, absolute stand out, even if he did pass direct to a hearts player on a couple of occasions

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Played well first half though very poor second half.

lugz
10-03-2013, 07:50 PM
He was excellent in the first half in particular, few slack passes in the second half. What I like though is when he loses the ball he goes and tries to win it back.

Some of his cross field passes in recent weeks have been brilliant. Hopefully it's true that he's happy at us and wants to stay as he is a key part of the team!

H18sry
10-03-2013, 07:52 PM
A few really slack balls but oozed class. My motm.

:top marks

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 08:05 PM
He was streets ahead of everyone else on that pitch, a few stray passes and a couple of free kicks wasted but still outstanding.

hibbysam
10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Said to a few at the game today, he was just playing with the tattoed freak!

Flicking it over his head, running round in circles, Stevenson didn't have a clue what was happening!

Top marks from me Jorge!

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Claros has been bullied by Hearts midfielders like Barr and Stevenson in the past. Today was like night and day to that. Like someone else said, reminiscent of Boozy pre-cruciate.

SaulGoodman
10-03-2013, 10:15 PM
He just oozes class, possibly my favourite player.

Sometimes wish he could be a bit more direct at times but I understand that's probably not his role, nevermind being able to beat a player, he can beat 4 at once!

matty_f
10-03-2013, 10:18 PM
There was a spell in the first half when he was just everywhere, he was running the game for a while. Absolutely superb.

Emerald
10-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Claros is different class and getting better. :top marks

Tonez
10-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Best game I've seen him play in the green n white. However he is guilty of giving the ball away needlessly sometimes. Should still have been MOTM

Spike Mandela
10-03-2013, 10:27 PM
He was highlighted by Mixu at the half time for his glaring lack of desire to get forward when there was acres of space in front of him which forced the full back to hit the ball long to Griffiths. Just saying.:cb

GreenCastle
10-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Love Claros :thumbsup:

You don't play 34 times for Honduras if your crap.

Such an improvement since he's settled and you can tell he loves playing for us. Covers so much pitch during the game and breaks up play very well - only a couple sloppy passes (due to the bad pitch!) in the 2nd half.

The turnaround by him since the final is remarkable - best player on the park today and the yams know it - HIBS CLASS :top marks

dave62
10-03-2013, 10:34 PM
McGivern was good but how Claros wasn't Man of the match I'll never know. Best player on the park by a mile.

Jim44
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
He was highlighted by Mixu at the half time for his glaring lack of desire to get forward when there was acres of space in front of him which forced the full back to hit the ball long to Griffiths. Just saying.:cb

:agree: I was interested as well in Mixu's observation here. I'm not sure if it was laziness on Claros's part or whether he sees himself as purely a defensive midfield 'nomad'. He's a class player and if he had the urge to move forward I'm sure he could cash in on his skill.

IndieHibby
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Switched the play with a classy crossfield punt to Spoony... Who dithered and failed to bet his man before passing back.

With better wide men, Claros would excel. We really need to get decent wingers.

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I'd look at the midfield as a whole. We had Wotherspoon, Robertson and Done to support Griffiths, and we saw Taiwo go forward against Kilmarnock (although not today) so I've no problem with Claros staying consistently deep. It gives him time to collect the ball and start moves, and he's a decent tackler as well.

GreenCastle
10-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Switched the play with a classy crossfield punt to Spoony... Who dithered and failed to bet his man before passing back.

With better wide men, Claros would excel. We really need to get decent wingers.

Agreed - also add in a really creative midfielder with an eye for a pass / goal and we would be even more dangerous going forward.

Claros / McGivern and LG are the best loan signings Hibs have ever made :agree:

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Agreed - also add in a really creative midfielder with an eye for a pass / goal and we would be even more dangerous going forward.
Such as Liam Craig? :greengrin

Matty_Jack04
10-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Outstanding player IMO if there is anyway we can keep him we should be doing it and building around him, he reads the game so well he is normally very good with the ball (few loose today) and he cares so much now you can see it

GreenCastle
10-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Such as Liam Craig? :greengrin

Was thinking Xavi or Iniesta but Craig may work - A Latapy or Zemmama type since Claros is the new Matty Jack :greengrin

Dav1986
10-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Was thinking Xavi or Iniesta but Craig may work - A Latapy or Zemmama type since Claros is the new Matty Jack :greengrin

I was thinking in 10 years time we will be wondering who can fill the Jorge Claros role...

Fantastic performance from him today

ALF TUPPER
10-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Well done Jorge. great game today. had tatt-man in your pocket all day.

i was a bit puzzled as he was getting pelters from a couple of guys behind me. They quietened down a bit when i started applauding everything he did.

Honestly - i dispair sometimes with fellow Hibbys. I guess theyre entitled to their opinion ( even if it is p*sh) .
:-)
GGTTH

Leishy1995
10-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Very good today! A guy tweeting @sir_rodpetrie seems to think he is tremendously over rated but I believe he has bad eye sight!

Steve-O
11-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Have to say he was great in the first half but thought he had a total mare in the second half - caught in possession, terrible free kicks, poor passes!