Cropley10
10-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Delighted to see him involved today.

Squealing pig
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Lets hope there's another 100 to come.

Beefster
10-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Great to see him back and was glad to see that the reaction to his coming on was positive.

Twiglet
10-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Great to see him back and was glad to see that the reaction to his coming on was positive.

Glad to see it too. Was worried for a moment that some people were going to boo him.
Thought he did ok when he came on. The wee thing near the end (with him and Claros and that Hearts player at the free-kick) showed there is passion in there.

*On that note what is Claros like? I think his blood's running green now!:thumbsup:

eastterrace
10-03-2013, 05:04 PM
yes good to see him back and the cuts on his feet have healed:wink: he was a good player for us before and he still young so hopefully he will be with us for another 100

down-the-slope
10-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Thomson & Claros could be the shield and fulcrum that allows others more freedom to push forward - a combined depth of experience that is hard to believe we have achieved in such hard financial times - both can open a game up with one pass. one left one right footed...

HibeeN
10-03-2013, 05:08 PM

Probably a good time to bring him on. Everybody was raging about the not-given goal, so were highly unlikely to turn on a Hibs player :greengrin

I heard a couple of people around me booing, but glad to see he got a good reception from most of the ground.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Probably a good time to bring him on. Everybody was raging about the not-given goal, so were highly unlikely to turn on a Hibs player :greengrin

I heard a couple of people around me booing, but glad to see he got a good reception from most of the ground.

One absolute trumpet kept shouting judas at the top of his voice whenever Thomson was within 10 yards off the ball. Most peole were just laughing at him although one guy told him to shut it.

Glad the majority reaction was positive though.

hibs4thecup1988
10-03-2013, 05:14 PM
100 appearances for Hibs :aok:

Testimonial soon? :wink:

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Needs to up his performance if he's to get a regular game. Gave the ball away deep in our half a couple of times, but hopefully that's just rust.

Congrats on the hundredth appearance though.

Yuillsy
10-03-2013, 06:16 PM
One absolute trumpet kept shouting judas at the top of his voice whenever Thomson was within 10 yards off the ball. Most peole were just laughing at him although one guy told him to shut it.

Glad the majority reaction was positive though.
A women in front of me screamed "**** off ya wee Hun" at the top her voice when he came on. She also repeatedly called Maybury's a Hearts *******. A guy she was with put her in her place though but just the sort of support we don't need imo.

10-03-2013, 06:23 PM
A women in front of me screamed "**** off ya wee Hun" at the top her voice when he came on. She also repeatedly called Maybury's a Hearts *******. A guy she was with put her in her place though but just the sort of support we don't need imo.

Thats embarrassing!

The reality is that hibs are not a good enough or big enough club to be turning good players away just because of a few things that may or may not have been said in the past. If a player is good enough and will be a benefit to hibs then who cares, hibs are more important and if they benefit then so be it.

whiskyhibby
10-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Flipping heck.........Where do you sit???

Mikey
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Testimonial soon? :wink:

:greengrin

.Sean.
10-03-2013, 06:29 PM
A boy infront of me was booing him when he came on, I politely informed him if he wanted to boo a hibs player he ought to take himself to the Hearts end. Not a peep from him after that thankfully. Never boo your own, especially against them.

madabouthibs
10-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Total phannies! I mean, what is the point of booing our own players?
Was a few guys in front of us screaming abuse every time Lewis or Spoony were on the ball too, and Maybury. Wtf is the point of going to the game???

SaulGoodman
10-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Would like to give a special shout out to the bald phanny sitting at the top of the west lower, telling Fenlon to get his finger out and replace Claros with someone that can play football..

He then said 'shut up you silly *****' when he was put in his place.

Malthibby
10-03-2013, 07:47 PM
He's didn't look anywhere near match fitness but that's not a huge surprise. Her's hoping he can get past the injuries & sign a contract for next year.
The Jambos certainly didn't like seeing him being cheered onto the pitch.
GG

Kris1875
10-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I thought he did ok , should of came on around the hour mark for me . The reception he got was a lot better than I thought he'd get .

lyonhibs
10-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Great to see him back. Playing for free as well - fair enough, he has made his money and it's just for 3 months, but a great gesture.

lugz
10-03-2013, 07:58 PM
I think the reception was over the top for him when he came on, maybe people were just getting carried away with the derby atmosphere.

Glad to see him back and hopefully he does well but he's certainly no hero.

truehibernian
10-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Absolutely delighted he's back in the fold - anyone with any semblance of football savvy will know we've signed a belter of a player - anyone who thinks otherwise is quite frankly a fool !

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I think the reception was over the top for him when he came on, maybe people were just getting carried away with the derby atmosphere.

Glad to see him back and hopefully he does well but he's certainly no hero.

:agree:

The cheer he got was louder than it usually is for a goal!

Green Fish
10-03-2013, 08:11 PM
From where i was kt got some roar.

Some say that if you pay your money it entitles you to voice an opinion. Many a time i ve been angered and embsrrassed the way some behave when my son is at ER. For those who persist with their mindless obcenities gtf, stay at home and shout at your tv, your not needed. If a player has the green shirt on he should get full support. GG

SaulGoodman
10-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Think people were just cheering louder to mask the few people that were booing..

Would be pretty poor booing your own players at any game, never mind a derby.

Dibben
10-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Think people were just cheering louder to mask the few people that were booing..

I didn't hear any boos in the East (where I was) , though quite a few folk stayed silent & the seated.

He got a better reception than I anticipated!

Twiglet
10-03-2013, 09:12 PM

:agree:There was no booing around me as far as I could hear, but after reading these boards I was a bit worried there would be some that would boo him. Cheers were there to mask any potential boos made IMO.

Diclonius
10-03-2013, 09:19 PM
I heard no booing whatsoever for Thomson. He got an excellent reception.

He then proceeded to almost give Hearts a chance down their left by conceding possession but we'll let that one slide. :wink:

Cropley10
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Absolutely delighted he's back in the fold - anyone with any semblance of football savvy will know we've signed a belter of a player - anyone who thinks otherwise is quite frankly a fool !

Agreed. I did laugh though when his first touch gave the ball away.

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Were a lot of folks sat on their hands.

Mr White
11-03-2013, 08:02 AM

Maybe but he got a good reception when warming up and when he came on from everyone near me in the ff upper- I didn't hear anything but support for him.

Shrekko
11-03-2013, 08:31 AM

That's absolutely fine. Hopefully we move on now.

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2013, 11:42 AM
That's absolutely fine. Hopefully we move on now.

:agree:

Yuillsy
11-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Flipping heck.........Where do you sit???

Sorry for the late reply. East Stand mate. Row S.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2013, 03:46 PM
For those who persist with their mindless obcenities gtf, stay at home and shout at your tv

Oh the irony!

Hibeesforever
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Yes, I had a word / laugh with a guy at the end who had been an absolute idiot during the game.
Told him not to swear as much in future.
Speaking to him, it was obvious he was a decent Hibby but was just stressed to the Max and wasn't able to communicate in any other way other than swearing both at Hibs players and the ref.
Hibs do need this guy to renew his season ticket.
All the club and stewards need to do is be more active in throwing out fans that continue to use foul and abusive language.
The 16,000 season ticket target is not going to happen unless the place becomes more welcoming and people like the above realise it is not okay to shout whatever they want.

Jonnyboy
11-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes, I had a word / laugh with a guy at the end who had been an absolute idiot during the game.
Told him not to swear as much in future.
Speaking to him, it was obvious he was a decent Hibby but was just stressed to the Max and wasn't able to communicate in any other way other than swearing both at Hibs players and the ref.
Hibs do need this guy to renew his season ticket.
All the club and stewards need to do is be more active in throwing out fans that continue to use foul and abusive language.
The 16,000 season ticket target is not going to happen unless the place becomes more welcoming and people like the above realise it is not okay to shout whatever they want.

So basically we get him to buy a season ticket and then arrange to have him thrown out at every home game? :greengrin