PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Williams 6 not much to do.

Stevenson 5 Usually saves his best games for derbies but i thought he was careless with possession today.
McGivern 5 Not at his best
McPake 6
Maybury 7 Apart from one unnecessary contact in the box 2nd half, coped well with Ngoo.

Done 7 did well and surprised he was subbed.
Taiwo 7
Claros 8 Some poor deliveries from free kicks, but otherwise excellent in open play. Just like Boozy.
Robertson 5 Not as good as recent weeks.
Wotherspoon 4 Poor

Griffiths 8 No service, but worked hard and scored a great goal.

Subs
Harris Very impressive.
Doyle no real impact.
Thomson gave the ball away once. Pushed a yam, which was good.

Wotherspiniesta
10-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Williams 6 Only had one save to make really. Came into no mans land for one cross.

Maybury 6 Decent
McPake 6 Decent
McGivern 6 Decent
Stevenson 6 Decent, Looked to support attacks.

Wotherspoon 5 Tidy, but quiet game from him. Needs to attack his fullback more.
Taiwo 5 Didn't realise he was playing.
Claros 7 Our best midfielder again.
Robertson 4 Been impressed recently, but was never involved all game.
Done 6 Looked to attack his fullback, which was good. Needs to improve his final ball though.

Griffiths 6 Starved of support. Robbed of goal from only quality moment in match.

Subs: Harris- 7 Impressed. Hopefully more to come.
Doyle 5 Forced a couple of corners.
Thomson 10- Pushed a Hearts player. Welcome back.

The Harp Awakes
10-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Williams 6 not much to do.

Stevenson 5 Usually saves his best games for derbies but i thought he was careless with possession today.
McGivern 5 Not at his best
McPake 6
Maybury 7 Apart from one unnecessary contact in the box 2nd half, coped well with Ngoo.

Done 7 did well and surprised he was subbed.
Taiwo 7
Claros 8 Some poor deliveries from free kicks, but otherwise excellent in open play. Just like Boozy.
Robertson 5 Not as good as recent weeks.
Wotherspoon 4 Poor

Griffiths 8 No service, but worked hard and scored a great goal.

Subs
Harris Very impressive.
Doyle no real impact.
Thomson gave the ball away once. Pushed a yam, which was good.

Agree with most of that although would give McGivern a 7 - thought he was decent. He actually got the sponsors MOM, which I was surprised by - should have went to Claros.

Didn't think Sparky merited an 8 - a 6 for me or 7 at best.

Elephant Stone
10-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Williams - 6. Nothing to do.

Maybury 5 Unconvincing.
McGivern 7.5. Solid
McPake 7
Stevenson 5. Thought he was poor.

Done 6
Claros 8.5
Taiwo 7
Robertson 6
Wotherspoon 3. Had enough of him now, surely to Christ he won't be offered a deal.

Griffiths 7. Not much service. Fantastic goal.

Brightside
10-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Williams 7.

Maybury 6 Decent - but needs to support on the flank.
McPake 7 Decent
McGivern 7 Decent
Stevenson 7 Decent

Wotherspoon 0 Waste of a shirt. We played with 10 men today
Taiwo 6 Pass marks
Claros 9 Best player on the park by a mile.
Robertson 6 Pass marks
Done 7 Final ball let him down, but at least put in a shift.

Griffiths 7 Hard shift - did well.
Subs: Harris- 8 Excellent. Only shame is that he didnt play from start
Doyle 2 Hoping he drives the car that takes him and Wotherspoon elsewhere.
Thomson 4

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Williams - solid, one hairy moment, little to do as they were rotten - 6

Maybury - Done well, struggled a little in the air but solid enough - 7
McPake - Thought he was very good, captains performance - 8
McGivern - Again, very solid, no silly mistake and along with James dealt well with their front two - 7
Lewis - See Maybury - 7

Wotherspoon - started very slowly and didn't get much better - 5
Claros - So far ahead of everyone in their midfield it was scary - 8
Taiwo - Solid, worked hard and fought well - 7
Robertson - Unlucky with a chance early on, touch let him down a bit, not his best game overall IMO - 6
Done - tried hard but nothing really came off - 6

Griffiths - Didn't do a lot but scored a brilliant goal - 7

Harris - Thought he done well, better than Done certainly, wont give a rating as he didn't have much time
Doyle - Better than Spoony, created a chance near the end that was well cleared
Thomson - Gave the ball away once, didn't have much time.

easty
10-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Williams 7.

Maybury 6 Decent - but needs to support on the flank.
McPake 7 Decent
McGivern 7 Decent
Stevenson 7 Decent

Wotherspoon 0 Waste of a shirt. We played with 10 men today
Taiwo 6 Pass marks
Claros 9 Best player on the park by a mile.
Robertson 6 Pass marks
Done 7 Final ball let him down, but at least put in a shift.

Griffiths 7 Hard shift - did well.
Subs: Harris- 8 Excellent. Only shame is that he didnt play from start
Doyle 2 Hoping he drives the car that takes him and Wotherspoon elsewhere.
Thomson 4

what a load of *****. Robertson did nowt today and gets a 6. Griffiths (free kick aside) was barely involved and gets a 7.

GreenCastle
10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Williams 6 not much to do except deal with pass backs. One cross caught out of position.

Stevenson 6 Did ok
McGivern 7 Didn't think he did much wrong - got wrong side of Ngoo once in 1st half.
McPake 7 - Solid
Maybury 6.5 - Pretty solid also -though rarely overlaps

Done 6 - did well and surprised he was subbed -1st half problems were coming down left side.
Taiwo 6 -Worked hard - but needs to add more creativity /shots at goal to his game.
Claros 8 - Best player on pitch in 1st half -2nd half not as good and miss hit a few cross pitch passes but always looks to get ball down and player
Robertson 6 - Did nothing for first 20 mins then came more into game - would be nice if he could chip in with some goals.
Wotherspoon 4.5 -When he went at his player he got success or the yam was booked - needs to be more positive and body language - didn't look interested today.

Griffiths 6.5 No service -last 15 mins came into the game more - volley would have been a goal on the left side with left foot. Over the line free kick deserved to be a goal as it was a great freekick.

Subs
Harris - quick and direct - opposite of Wotherspoon
Doyle - did fine -not much time to change game.
Thomson - 11 - welcome back

Beefster
10-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Williams - 6: fine

Stevenson - 6: fine
McGivern - 7: good second half
McPake - 6: fine
Maybury - 6: fine

Done - 6: fine
Taiwo - 6: fine
Claros - 7: best midfielder
Robertson - 5: quiet
Wotherspoon - 4: rubbish

Griffiths - 7: never stops but didn't get the support yet again

Subs
Harris - looks a player
Doyle - fine
Thomson - fine

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Williams 6

Maybury 6
McGivern 7
McPake 6
Stevenson 6

Taiwo 6
Claros 7
Done 5
Wotherspoon 4
Robertson 5

Griffiths 6

Subs never really had any time but thought Harris looked good, Doyle done ok and Thomson pushed a Hearts player.

Officials big fat zero.

hibeefan95
10-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Williams 6

Maybury 5
McPake 7
McGivern 7
Stevenson 6

Wotherspoon 3
Taiwo 6
Robertson 5
Claros 9 - Fantastic
Done 5

Griffiths 7

Harris - good impact
Doyle - needs to start playing better, very soon
Thomson - not enough time. Welcome back though.

Officials - dreadful

Franck Stanton
10-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Interesting reading, I see that most posters, up until this point, on this thread are of the opinion Claros was MotM or, at least the best midfield player on show. I stated this on another thread [Wotherspoon} and quite a few posters disagreed saying Claros was guilty of giving the ball away too often, bad free kicks, fell out of the game the longer it went on, - now if thats their opinion thats fine, we are all entitled to it, but it's curious how they can vary so much about a player we have all watched . Funny old game eh.

lucky
10-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Williams 6 nothing to do

Marbury 6 solid enough
McPake 6 decent
Mcgirven 6 decent
Stevenson 5 poor distribution

Done 5 poor man's Ivan
Robertson 3 his second touch was a tackle
Claros 7 good first half quieter second
Spoony 5 starved of the ball
Tawio 5 did nothing

Leigh 6 well marshalled

Doyle 3
Harris 7 did very well
KT 4 on far too late

S.sct
10-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Straight sixes apart from an 8 for Claros and 4 for Robertson.

Aldo
10-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Williams - 6. Nothing to do.

Maybury 5 Unconvincing.
McGivern 7.5. Solid
McPake 7
Stevenson 5. Thought he was poor.

Done 6
Claros 8.5
Taiwo 7
Robertson 6
Wotherspoon 3. Had enough of him now, surely to Christ he won't be offered a deal.

Griffiths 7. Not much service. Fantastic goal.

5 fur Maybury sorry but barring 5 or so mins at the start I thought he was solid.

wookie70
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Williams - One good save and one bed decision - 6

Maybury - Thought he looked solid throughout - 7.5
McPake - Solid and didn't do anything wrong - 7
McGivern - With McPake did well against their humps to the lumps- 7
Lewis - Reasonable game but some poor passes. Not much movement ahead of him though - 6

Wotherspoon - Poor again but worked hard to get forward in second half. Ball never reached him on a number of occasions it should have- 5
Claros - Fantastic performance and for me MOTM. Had a shaky 10 mins with a few passes going astray but a real quality player - 8
Taiwo - Hard working as ever- 7
Robertson - Not as good as last week- 6
Done - Looks better on the left but still not convinced by him - 6

Griffiths - Fantastic free kick for the goal that never was. Quiet apart from that - 7

Harris - Very good when he came on. Composed and confident. Lovely one two with Sparky and looks like he deserves a start -7
Doyle - A few good runs and earned some corner for the simple act of hitting the bye line. Spoony take note - 5
Thomson - No time

Mon Dieu4
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Interesting reading, I see that most posters, up until this point, on this thread are of the opinion Claros was MotM or, at least the best midfield player on show. I stated this on another thread [Wotherspoon} and quite a few posters disagreed saying Claros was guilty of giving the ball away too often, bad free kicks, fell out of the game the longer it went on, - now if thats their opinion thats fine, we are all entitled to it, but it's curious how they can vary so much about a player we have all watched . Funny old game eh.

anyone who thinks Claros didn't have a good game knows nothing about football in my opinion, he covered every blade of grass today, the couple of moments in the game when he danced round 3 or 4 Hearts players then passed the ball were a joy to watch, fair enough he gave the ball away a couple of times but that happens

He is the best midfielder we have had in years, if he had played in Mowbrays or McLeishs team he would be even more of a superstar

other than him only Harris got a higher than average mark today, the young guy looks a class act, honorable mention to Sparky too, what an absolutely ridiculous place to shoot from, take a bow, that was one of the best goals I've ever seen and like Riordans left foot blockbuster against Dundee Utd years ago it wasn't given by inept officials

bingo70
10-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I thought taiwo was excellent today, never gave possession away and won all his battles in midfield, he's never going to be a creative type but I thought he did his job really well and it was obvious Ryan Stevenson got frustrated by him.

Latapy1911
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Williams 7

Marbury 7
McPake 8
Mcgirven 9 mom
Stevenson 8

(Defence was top notch today!)

Done 5
Robertson 4
Claros 7
Spoony 2
Tawio 5

(Midfield had no quality today but work rate was good)

Griffiths 7

Doyle 7
Harris 7
Thompson 5

Franck Stanton
10-03-2013, 06:04 PM
anyone who thinks Claros didn't have a good game knows nothing about football in my opinion, he covered every blade of grass today, the couple of moments in the game when he danced round 3 or 4 Hearts players then passed the ball were a joy to watch, fair enough he gave the ball away a couple of times but that happens

He is the best midfielder we have had in years, if he had played in Mowbrays or McLeishs team he would be even more of a superstar

other than him only Harris got a higher than average mark today, the young guy looks a class act, honorable mention to Sparky too, what an absolutely ridiculous place to shoot from, take a bow, that was one of the best goals I've ever seen and like Riordans left foot blockbuster against Dundee Utd years ago it wasn't given by inept officials

My thought exactly mate, when I saw the replies saying that Claros was "a disappointment" "gave the ball away too often" etc etc I began to doubt my sanity as that didn't describe the performance that I witnessed.

bandylegs_jLeighton
10-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Everybody was very average today.
Claros was stand out in the first half for Hibs, but fell out of it in the second half IMO.
I can see why everybody rates him but I still feel he is regularly at fault for dwelling on the ball for too long.
Apart from that Harris looks promising.

whiskyhibby
10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Claros was stand out in the first half for Hibs, but fell out of it in the second half IMO.
I can see why everybody rates him but I still feel he is regularly at fault for dwelling on the ball for too long.

Ehhh........................must be a Yam

whiskyhibby
10-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Ps Stevenson, although not his best game, distribution was poor on occasions, did save two certain Hearts goals, the 1st half clearance off the line and in the 2nd he cleared a ball ( don't know how!) with a hearts player ready to pull the trigger

Winston Ingram
10-03-2013, 06:43 PM
what a load of *****. Robertson did nowt today and gets a 6. Griffiths (free kick aside) was barely involved and gets a 7.

Agreed.:agree:

EastCalderHibby
10-03-2013, 07:01 PM

he dwells on the ball because other than sparky nobody runs of the ball

overdrive
10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Not sure why a lot of people are giving Taiwo fairly low marks. I thought he was up there with Claros as our best player today. He broke up play well, made some good passes and for a change looked to get forward whenever he could.

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Williams 7 - made one good save, good kicking today too

Maybury 7 - pretty solid
McPake 7 - same as Maybury
McGivern 7 - good game
Stevenson 7 - wasn't his best game but he did save us from 2 certain goals

Wotherspoon 3 - wasn't great!
Tawio - 8 some great play from him
Claros 9 - best player on the pitch by a mile
Robertson 6 - got stuck in
Done 4 - he never seems to want to cross the ball into the box (though I appreciate that there's usually never anybody in the bloody box for him to cross to!)

Griffiths 7 - quiet game but that free kick was something special

RoxburghHibs
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Williams 7 - Had very little to do all game. made one cracking save when called upon.

Maybury 7 - Solid game today.
McPake 7 - Organised the defence - played well.
McGivern 8 - My MOM - won everything that came his way. Proving to be a big game player.
Stevenson 5 - Worked his little socks off. But his distribution was poor.

Wotherspoon 6 - Showed some great moments and some poor touches.
Tawio - 7 - Good first half but faded later on.
Claros 7 - Fantastic first half but became eratic in 2nd.
Robertson 6 - battled away but just didn't come off for him.
Done 6 - Looked decent but needs to get more involved.
Griffiths 6 - Quiet game but came more into it in the last quarter. Great goal from 40 yards - screamer.

Hibbysince1974
10-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Not sure why a lot of people are giving Taiwo fairly low marks. I thought he was up there with Claros as our best player today. He broke up play well, made some good passes and for a change looked to get forward whenever he could.

yes, I thought Taiwo was just behind Claros as our most effective player today. I was also very impressed by Harris - some deft touches.

how many times did Hearts handle the ball, without being penalised?

Up The Bracket
10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
yes, I thought Taiwo was just behind Claros as our most effective player today. I was also very impressed by Harris - some deft touches.

how many times did Hearts handle the ball, without being penalised?

Yeah, i agree. Taiwo was very good today.

Williams - 6 - Nothing much to do, good save from Webster

Maybury - 7 - Solid

McPake - 7 - Solid

McGivern - 7 - Solid

Stevenson - 7 - Slack passing at times but good going forward

Done - 4 - Pish, but was probably his best game for us. Not a fan at all.

Robertson - 6 - Was okay

Claros - 8 - 10 for the first half, 6 for the second.

Taiwo - 8 - Worked very hard and even went forward. He's improved alot since he's came back into the team

Wotherspoon - 4 - Pish

Griffiths - 7 - Did nothing until the last 20 minutes, he was superb for the last 20 minutes though

Harris - 8 - Very good. Start him on Friday.

Doyle - No time

Thommo - No time

Referee - -7124678362982369587657896578634786382617866864 - Nothing needs to be said

dave62
10-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Williams 7 - Nothing much do, did nothing wrong.

Maybury 7 - Solid. I like Maybury. Don't care who knows it.
McPake 7 - Played well.
McGivern 7 - Not my man of the match, but good performance.
Stevenson 6 - He's played better than that today, but no complaints.

Done 6 - Think there's a footballer there somewhere. Like to see it more often.
Robertson 6 - Been better, but not terrible.
Claros 8 - MOM by a mile.
Taiwo 7 - Worked hard.
Wotherspoon 6 - How do you solve a problem like Spoony?

Griffiths 7 - Brilliant 'goal' worked his socks off apart from that.

Subs
Harris 7 - Ran at defenders and looks a proper footballer.
Doyle 5 - Gave Hearts more problems than Wotherspoon.
Thompson - HE'S BACK!!

gegs70
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
I thought wotherspoon was poor as he was quite isolated and didnt get as much support from maybury but done got bags of support from stevenson however often distribution was poor too many high hopeful balls to get it away from danger areas....man utd had similar issues in 2nd half v chelsea.