PDA

View Full Version : Dear Pat (Hibs should make a fuss about these "errors")

Northernhibee
10-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I know you're a gent and all, but none of the "I'd like to see whether the ball was over the line or not" in the interviews please, there's no debate about it.

It was over the line, it's not a matter of opinion, time to say that the ref and linesman was 100% wrong.

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 02:47 PM
This is a big news story now, and everyone knows what happened. Pat being dignified gives us the moral high ground.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 02:48 PM
The net moved, it was a goal.

It,s cheating or incompetence, no way can that be deemed an honest mistake. As clear a goal as you will ever see.

Westie1875
10-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Cheating IMO, can't understand how neither the linesman or ref saw it.

Monts
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Miles over

Jack Hackett
10-03-2013, 02:55 PM
I have every confidence, that if it had been at the other end, and had bounced a yard outside, it would have been given :agree:

hibbybrian
10-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I know you're a gent and all, but none of the "I'd like to see whether the ball was over the line or not" in the interviews please, there's no debate about it.

It was over the line, it's not a matter of opinion, time to say that the ref and linesman was 100% wrong.

From BBC

The Hibs boss has a good point, in all the controversy about the goal not being given, let's not forget it was a terrific free-kick from Griffiths, who had been well marshalled by the Hearts defence throughout the match.
1448:

Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon: "I'm frustrated for my players more than myself. It was going to take something special to win the game and that was something special from Leigh.

"Rather than me, it should be the person who's making the decision who's out here answering questions about it.

"As a manager I'm accountable, referees should be accountable too."
1447:

Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon: "I've seen it a couple of times - it's that far over the line its embarrassing."
1447:

We're expecting to hear from Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon shortly...
1445:

Tom Watson: "Even I could see that was over the line & I'm following on live text..." :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
10-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Just saw Pat's interview and there was no sitting on the fence whatsoever.

In some cases he does well to keep his mouth shut but today's decision was so blatantly wrong it was impossible for anyone to say they didn't see it. Griffiths was far more restrained than PF.

Absolute joke of a decision. Ref is a cock.

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 02:59 PM

Said the same at the game, doesn't matter if he gets in trouble over it, it needs to be said!

iwasthere1972
10-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Laughable when the Sky interviewer asks Webster if it was over the line when he must have (not Webster) seen it for himself in the numerous replays. Absolute shocker of a decision.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Ref is a cock.

Not the Ref's fault in my opinion, linesman was not in line with the goal line where he should have been

cleanyman
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Not the Ref's fault in my opinion, linesman was not in line with the goal line where he should have been

It's a free-kick.

He has to be in line with the 2nd last defender.

He's completely switched off thinking Griffiths won't get near the goal.

Newry Hibs
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM

Linesman needs to be in line with last defender. Still should have seen it though.

Damn, beaten to it. (Nice avatar though!!)

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Think the refs getting an easy ride to be honest.

He was 15/20 yards away looking at it at an angle. The ball was about a foot over the line. He hs the final call and could have given the goal.

AK86
10-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Everyone else sitting around me seen it was in. It wasn't a hard decision , the pace had been taken off the ball, it all happened in slow motion if their is one consolation it is that we didn't really do enough to win the game. A bit more pressure on the Hearts defence and that game was ours
Playing one up front is really only an option if the midfield is going to support the lone striker. Sparky was surrounded by 3 foes everytime he seen the ball. It was so easy for them. I don't think they could believe their luck. We won't win many games if we don't try FFS
Pat must be a bit more adventurous, that was a non pressure derby ( well as near as your ever going to get one). That was a poor team we were up against, it hardly encourages me to buy a season ticket next year to watch that

Holmesdale Hibs
10-03-2013, 04:15 PM

Fair point, I said something similar to what you wrote on another thread. It was so blatant the ref might have still spotted it but Inge lineman was more at fault.

SmashinGlass
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Everyone else sitting around me seen it was in. It wasn't a hard decision , the pace had been taken off the ball, it all happened in slow motion if their is one consolation it is that we didn't really do enough to win the game. A bit more pressure on the Hearts defence and that game was ours
Playing one up front is really only an option if the midfield is going to support the lone striker. Sparky was surrounded by 3 foes everytime he seen the ball. It was so easy for them. I don't think they could believe their luck. We won't win many games if we don't try FFS
Pat must be a bit more adventurous, that was a non pressure derby ( well as near as your ever going to get one). That was a poor team we were up against, it hardly encourages me to buy a season ticket next year to watch that

We did do enough to win the game though. We scored

.Sean.
10-03-2013, 04:24 PM
The big story for me is that over 90 minutes we were no better than Hearts under 19's.

AK86
10-03-2013, 04:36 PM
We did do enough to win the game though. We scored
Really, is that what we are all about now. Beat the ****bos one nil at all costs. Nothing else matters is that now our aim in life?
forget entertainment , forget our history just don't lose a goal to them and we have found our place we could have been two down at HT quite easily. They could have got that pen ( we've all seen them given)

each to their own, but I never felt I got my money's worth today. The ****bos are pash. 3 points in their last seven games , and we set ourselves up as if we are against Barca
do me a favour

DaveF
10-03-2013, 04:38 PM
The big story for me is that over 90 minutes we were no better than Hearts under 19's.

I was really disappointed in our performance as well. Still, we lack the fight and commitment in this game and only in the last 20 minutes did we look like dominating.

The 1st hour + was gash and we let them take the initiative.

GGTH1-0
Really, is that what we are all about now. Beat the ****bos one nil at all costs. Nothing else matters is that now our aim in life?
forget entertainment , forget our history just don't lose a goal to them and we have found our place we could have been two down at HT quite easily. They could have got that pen ( we've all seen them given)

each to their own, but I never felt I got my money's worth today. The ****bos are pash. 3 points in their last seven games , and we set ourselves up as if we are against Barca
do me a favour

The game was won 1-0... Can't blame Pat for a bad call.

This season should be a transition. Unbeaten against hearts is a massive improvement.

AK86
Exactly
and their is a scarey happy acceptance about it :confused:

Andy74
10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Exactly
and their is a scarey happy acceptance about it :confused:

Who's happy?

And McDonald, Webster, Wilson, Stevenson, Taouil, Sutton and Ngoo aren't exactly Hearts Under 19 s are they?

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2013, 04:45 PM
The big story for me is that over 90 minutes we were no better than Hearts under 19's.Really? We were the better team for 70 minutes and deserved to win.

Franck Stanton
10-03-2013, 04:46 PM

Quite correct about it not COMPLETLY being the refs fault, - the ref has the final say in the matter and SHOULD have been able to see that the ball crossed the line. As for the point about the linesman - he positioned himself correctly - in line with the last defender- not meant to be on the goal line as you state. That said, he still had a clear line of sight from around 15yds from goal line to see that the ball was well over the line. TERRIBLE DECISION.

Scottie
10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Really? We were the better team for 70 minutes and deserved to win.

The only positive out of today for me was that we were not beaten and remain unbeaten this season against them
That for me is the only positive.
Without the threat of something special from Griffiths we are still a very poor team
We have absolutly NO idea how to break down a poor Hearts team today
Yes its better than last year but ffs it couldnt be any worse.

givescotlandfreedom
10-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Who's happy?

And McDonald, Webster, Wilson, Stevenson, Taouil, Sutton and Ngoo aren't exactly Hearts Under 19 s are they?

Novikovas has been playing first team football as long as Lewis too.

wheniwas5
10-03-2013, 05:14 PM

how many of this team are under 19 ??????

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2013, 05:47 PM
The only positive out of today for me was that we were not beaten and remain unbeaten this season against them
Without the threat of something special from Griffiths we are still a very poor team

Clean sheet
Defense looked good
Claros again very good
Leigh scored a fantastic free-kick
Harris looks promising

You say we had no idea how to break Hearts down yet we did break them down and scored a perfectly good goal. We are not a poor team without Griffiths, as I said our defense was good and Claros had a great game, 6 players who are/were today far from poor. You sound like one of these morons who say we're a one man team.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 05:52 PM

Or we managed to hold the best youngsters ever to play for any team ever to a draw.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Who's happy?

Exactly nowhere near their ****in under 19s. :rolleyes:

matty_f
10-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Exactly nowhere near their ****in under 19s. :rolleyes:

:agree: stupid comment. Hibs were the better team and by rights should be celebrating a win tonight.

greenlex
10-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Change you name to half empty.

Scottie
10-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Change you name to half empty.

Always half full pal

Away back tae Narnia into your wardrobe mate.:faf:

Another happy clapper :na na: Have a gid night:bye:

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Always half full pal

Where do you start with that post? :faf:

Tricla
10-03-2013, 06:34 PM

Eh? They had plenty of seasoned campaigners in their team. This myth that they're playing with thousands of youngsters has been fuelled enough by Fester without us spraffin pish about it.

Fergus52
10-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Always half full pal

:taxi

Tricla
10-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Always half full pal

Woops!

Speedy
10-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Think the refs getting an easy ride to be honest.

He was 15/20 yards away looking at it at an angle. The ball was about a foot over the line. He hs the final call and could have given the goal.

Agreed. If everyone else in the stadium can see (with reasonable confidence) it is over then why can't the ref.

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 06:42 PM

do me a favour

What are you havering about a clear dive. We won but were cheated.

AK86
10-03-2013, 06:54 PM
What are you havering about a clear dive. We won but were cheated.
Yes it was a dive. But there was contact and it could have been given
if you seen anything other than a turgid poor team performance then your heid is up your arse .kid yourself on all you want but Hibs never really tried hard enough to win that game today. Fenlons tactics are horrific. The last 5 derbies have been some of the worst I have ever seen

Mr White
10-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Dear pat, IF that's the last derby of the season,thank you for keeping us unbeaten against the puddle-drinkers for the first time in 12 years :aok:

EastCalderHibby
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM

i could see from sect 43 that it was in, but on way out a guy told me the linesman was halfway up the pitch surely he should
have been in line with last defender,can anybody confirm:confused:

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2013, 07:23 PM
if you seen anything other than a turgid poor team performance then your heid is up your arse .kid yourself on all you want but Hibs never really tried hard enough to win that game today. Fenlons tactics are horrific. The last 5 derbies have been some of the worst I have ever seen

Take it you never saw many in the 80s then. While it,s not saying much I'd say that was the best of the 4 derbies I've attended this season. At least we don't get bullied now as we have in the past. It may have escaped your attention but we do not have the players to win by a street v anyone.

Hopefully the last derby ever too.

givescotlandfreedom
10-03-2013, 11:45 PM
i could see from sect 43 that it was in, but on way out a guy told me the linesman was halfway up the pitch surely he should
have been in line with last defender,can anybody confirm:confused:

He was at the 18 yard line

Saorsa
11-03-2013, 12:01 AM
It's time Pat came out and called it how it was. I have nae problem with Pat's dignified stance on most occasions and I'd rather have him than a roaster like Shiels whos outbursts like that against Cairney were ridiculous but at times like this things need tae be said

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2013, 12:03 AM
It's time Pat came out and called it how it was. I have nae problem with Pat's dignified stance on most occasions and I'd rather have him than a roaster like Shiels whos outbursts like that against Cairney were ridiculous but at times like this things need tae be said

:agree: Being nice seem to work. Lennon's vile and sets his players out equally so and does rather well!

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2013, 12:04 AM
if you seen anything other than a turgid poor team performance then your heid is up your arse .kid yourself on all you want but Hibs never really tried hard enough to win that game today. Fenlons tactics are horrific. The last 5 derbies have been some of the worst I have ever seenComplete and utter rubbish.

EdinMike
11-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Agreed. If everyone else in the stadium can see (with reasonable confidence) it is over then why can't the ref.

I went jumping mad when I saw it, only for 10 seconds later to realise it wasn't given.

I'm in the back row of the East near the North end, and I still saw it over the line !

Cheat on the park, Cheat off the park. Mammie said cheats never win... Well we'll see

hibbiedon
11-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Quite correct about it not COMPLETLY being the refs fault, - the ref has the final say in the matter and SHOULD have been able to see that the ball crossed the line. As for the point about the linesman - he positioned himself correctly - in line with the last defender- not meant to be on the goal line as you state. That said, he still had a clear line of sight from around 15yds from goal line to see that the ball was well over the line. TERRIBLE DECISION.

The Ref was closer than any Hibs fan no way was that a mistake its cheating plain and simple

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Complete and utter rubbish.

A little bit unfair, the first 5 words were spot on.

ronaldo7
11-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Anybody else notice "It's a man's game" falling over quite alot yesterday?

As for the Tapping incident, he kicked the gound, never a penalty.

NW
11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
We need to grow some as a club.

Is it any surprise that the 3 clubs who have had the most refereeing decisions in their favour are the Old Firm and Hearts. They make a fuss, they ruffle feathers and question the authorities.

We do nothing and it does us no good. the moral high ground and the nice clubs doesnt win us points or prizes.

Last year we should have made a public noise re Thompson being Cup Final ref before the game, then after it we should have hung him out to dry.

Also why on earth did we give the ball back to them yesterday when the thug went down after fouling Done? They opted to stop play, tough luck, we need to become, single minded and ruthless.

Ross4356
11-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Is it any surprise that the 3 clubs who have had the most refereeing decisions in their favour are the Old Firm and Hearts. They make a fuss, they ruffle feathers and question the authorities.

We do nothing and it does us no good. the moral high ground and the nice clubs doesnt win us points or prizes.

Last year we should have made a public noise re Thompson being Cup Final ref before the game, then after it we should have hung him out to dry.

Also why on earth did we give the ball back to them yesterday when the thug went down after fouling Done? They opted to stop play, tough luck, we need to become, single minded and ruthless.

I want to carry on the way they have been, I want to sound nothing like them 3 especially Hearts & The Rangers

hibbytam
11-03-2013, 01:18 PM

I thought that too. The lad was walking about, so could have walked off of the pitch, but instead they decided to kick the ball out, and he decided to then fall to the ground.

Overall though, I would hate for us to be like hearts and celtic, constantly moaning. There is a correct way to doing things, and it's never the way Neil Lennon behaves

hibbytam
11-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I want to carry on the way they have been, I want to sound nothing like them 3 especially Hearts & Rangers

Who?

clerriehibs
11-03-2013, 01:19 PM

This.

Ross4356
11-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Who?

Fixed

JimBHibees
11-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Dont altogether disagree we should have been all over the linesman IMO, didnt look like any player went anywhere near him. If that was other teams the whole team would have been chipping in. Officials keep bleating about respect however that works both ways if he is so incompetent as to get that decision wrong he deserves no respect.

JohnStephens91
11-03-2013, 01:31 PM
We are being a bit more tough, there is a difference between standing up for yourself and your club and acting like disgusting clubs like Hearts, Celtic and The Rangers.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 01:34 PM
That wasn't a judgement call yesterday. It was either dishonesty or incompetence.

11-03-2013, 01:35 PM
We are being a bit more tough, there is a difference between standing up for yourself and your club and acting like disgusting clubs like Hearts, Celtic and The Rangers.

Agree.

Ross4356
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
That wasn't a judgement call yesterday. It was either dishonesty or incompetence.

Incompetence, simple. Lets no sound like Celtic

Archie70
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM

Was going to post the exact same last night. We are just too nice, we make it too easy for officials, "these things balance themselves out yadda yadda yadda". We'd need a goal of a start from now to the end of the season for things to balance themselves out! Everytime we play them a huge decision, penalty claim, sending off and now this fiasco go AGAINST us and everytime we just take it on the chin!

danderchook
11-03-2013, 01:54 PM

The fact that this linesman has been involved in two huge calls which have benefitted Hearts, they were 14 seconds from going out of last seasons cup until him and Brian Winter awarded a very very soft penalty, we know how that story ended, then yesterday, I just hope it is investigated thoroughly by the authorities.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Some would call it dignity and class, rather than softness.

i tend you agree with you however. Football has changed, and its a sad fact, but undoubtedly true now that 'the quiet bairn gets nowt'. Unfortunately its become expedient that we join the undignified rammy of the bleating, paranoid, purple-faced professional victims of Scottish Football.

It's not the Hibs way, but it seems to be the only tactic one can deploy in order to make any subliminal psychological imprint on the sloth-witted minds of officials and administrators in this country.

Treadstone
11-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Incompetence, simple. Lets no sound like Celtic

Can you give some 'clarification' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21472237) on that?

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
What would surrounding him like a flock of seagulls have achieved? You think he would have just changed his mind and awarded the goal because we were angry about it?

The players kept their cool and if they hadn't have, we could have finished with 10 or 9 men which could ultimately have resulted in losing. I think any pressure being applied should occur after the match, not during game play in the heat of the moment.

Elephant Stone
11-03-2013, 02:24 PM
The SFA, the media, the politicians, the Illuminati and James Bond are all part of a concerted effort to stop us making top six. We need to speak out or we might finish 7th.

hibsbollah
11-03-2013, 02:26 PM
What would surrounding him like a flock of seagulls have achieved? You think he would have just changed his mind and awarded the goal because we were angry about it?

The players kept their cool and if they hadn't have, we could have finished with 10 or 9 men which could ultimately have resulted in losing. I think any pressure being applied should occur after the match, not during game play in the heat of the moment.

Agree :agree:

Theres no connection between a)how much noise we make in response to unjust decisions on the field and b)the likelihood of us getting more or less bad decisions in the future. Griffiths and Fenlon showed a lot of class when interviewed yesterday, and the media are all over this story like a rash anyway, so its not like the officials are getting away scot free.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2013, 02:30 PM
We as a club did protest about the appointment of Thompson as the ref in last years final.

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 02:35 PM
The SFA, the media, the politicians, the Illuminati and James Bond are all part of a concerted effort to stop us making top six. We need to speak out or we might finish 7th.

I always knew James Bond was a bit of a twat.

Hibercelona
11-03-2013, 02:36 PM
We as a club did protest about the appointment of Thompson as the ref in last years final.

And for our efforts, they kindly gave us him for our next professional game at the beginning of the season.

NW
11-03-2013, 02:44 PM

Not publicly we didn't IMHO , behind closed doors does SFA

Andy74
11-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Yeah, there are usually posts on here about how out of order Man U and others are for doing just that.

Keith_M
11-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't think anyone wants the players to cause a fuss, surrounding the referee and going all ManU. However, the club has to start speaking up more as we unfortunately live in an ugly world where 'Hibs Class' gets you nowhere.

The recent refereeing incidents involving Hibs are on a scale of magnitude greater than the incident at Tannadice that sparked of the Celtc whinging a couple of years back. While I'd never want to see Hibs stoop to their level, we should make more public our displeasure at the number of times we've suffered from terrible refereeing decisions.

NW
11-03-2013, 03:28 PM

So are you happy for them to continue to win the majority of trophies and have the most influence?

Behaving all nicey nicey with 'Hibs class' whatever that is, does not win us points, prizes or friends.

We should play to win and fight to win.

11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I think in the past few seasons or so we had a very nicey nicey approach and just accepted bad decisions, we didn't really challenge anything. I feel we are now better than we used to be as I think James McPake as a captain confronts referees but quite rightly does it himself in an appropriate manner instead of a crowd of players swamping the ref all shouting and balling at once which only results in cards and the referee just doesn't listen and gets angry.

I don't want Pat Fenlon turning into a Neil Lennon or Kenny Shiels type character who moans and moans in the media about how refs are against them and its all a conspiracy etc etc. Those type of people just loose all respect and extremely irritating.

Jones28
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I think the players and staff handled themselves well yesterday. Fenlon said it was over the line but didn't launch into a rant about poor officiating. Sparky did the same. No point in coming over all Alex ferguson when the result of it would merely mean punishments for whoever made comments.

NW
11-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I think the players and staff handled themselves well yesterday. Fenlon said it was over the line but didn't launch into a rant about poor officiating. Sparky did the same. No point in coming over all Alex ferguson when the result of it would merely mean punishments for whoever made comments.

Ah Sir Alex Ferguson, another success story, and part of his skill set is defending his club and making officials think how they treat them. Call it moaning, call it intimidation. Regardless results show it works and is effective.

Northernhibee
11-03-2013, 04:22 PM
I always knew James Bond was a bit of a twat.

"The names Bond, Jambo Bond. Do you expect me to talk?"
"No,I expect you to go bust"

:brokenyam:

Phil D. Rolls
11-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Except score a goal and not concede one. :agree:

Northernhibee
11-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Except score a goal and not concede one. :agree:

There's no better definition of deserving to win a game than scoring a goal and not conceding one. We 100% did what was required to win that game of football.