PDA

View Full Version : Who else is in the bad books??

sauzee6_2
09-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Tomorrow is Mother's Day!!

My wife's Mother's Day has now turned into........

"There's the bairn - enjoy Mother's Day, I'm off to watch Hibs beat hearts. Oh, and If we win, see you on Monday morning"

Ones wife is not a happy camper!

Anybody else in the same boat?!?!?!?

Mon the cabbage!!

PatHead
09-03-2013, 09:41 PM

"There's the bairn - enjoy Mother's Day, I'm off to watch Hibs beat hearts. Oh, and If we win, see you on Monday morning"

Mon the cabbage!!

Just remind her she is not your mum so the day has nothing to do with you. Problem solved.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Mother's Day and mums birthday.

Taking dad to the btg at 11

Oops

Green Fish
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM

Mon the cabbage!!

Me too, but no too bothered. I told the wife on a previous 'discussion' that i fell in love with hibs long before i met her. I wouldnt recommend that line.

Anyway, up early, cook her a nice breakfast and get ourselves over fi fife.

Come on the hibees. :thumbsup:

jon paul jones
09-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I asked my mum if she wanted to come to the game...gen up!

Strangely, she declined

Yet to be converted to the way of the :hibees

marinello59
09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
My son is taking his Mum to the derby. She is genuinely chuffed. Result.:thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
A few jambo's have overcome this problem by simply taking all female relatives- aunties, cousins, sisters and nieces for a bag of chips before the game.

wazoo1875
09-03-2013, 10:00 PM
We always seem to be playing a big game on mothers day! Mrs Wazoo is used to it now. I'm oot the door at 8 15 tomorrow. She can have a cuppa in bed and the bairns can annoy her all day!

jonty
09-03-2013, 10:01 PM
A few jambo's have overcome this problem by simply taking all female relatives- aunties, cousins, sisters and nieces for a bag of chips before the game.

How can they afford two bags of chips? (assuming one for themselves)

monktonharp
09-03-2013, 10:05 PM
my wife kens she's no my Ma, although she's slapped me oan the heid almost as much as the auld girl did. she also knows Hibs 1st, 70 Shilling next, then my van,car then her.unless i've got other important things on.:cb

Jonnyboy
09-03-2013, 10:05 PM

So basically take their Mum for a bag of chips given that their Mum is also their aunt, cousin, sister and niece?

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
My good lady is a Hibby and she has decided to have a few like minded friends around to watch the game and the kids can provide a waiter/ waitress service. I will take advantage of that as well, she's not my mother :greengrin

Gatecrasher
09-03-2013, 10:08 PM
My mum just accepts I'm off to see the Hibs now. It's not even discussed.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2013, 10:09 PM
So basically take their Mum for a bag of chips given that their Mum is also their aunt, cousin, sister and niece?

In a nutshell yes you're right, though I seriously doubt that some of the jambo "females" are actually that :greengrin

marinello59
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
My mum just accepts I'm off to see the Hibs now. It's not even discussed.

So does mine. Mind you I am in my fifties and she is currently reliving World War 2. (I don't want to ruin her fun by telling her the Jambos won.)

lord bunberry
09-03-2013, 10:17 PM

In a few extreme cases its also their father

Treadstone
09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Tell your Maw that you don't need a designated day to tell her she's special.

N.B. Mind and tell her she's special some other time preferably before Mothers Day.

Jay
09-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm abandoning most of my kids to go to the game. Early KO means they will see me for tea. I don't need a special day, They don't earn any money to buy me pressies and they tell me they love me every day ( in their own way, like leaving dishes, clothes, shoes etc lying about) :-)

FranckSuzy
09-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm abandoning most of my kids to go to the game. Early KO means they will see me for tea. I don't need a special day, They don't earn any money to buy me pressies and they tell me they love me every day ( in their own way, like leaving dishes, clothes, shoes etc lying about) :-)

Alex Trager
09-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Mother's Day and mums birthday.

Taking dad to the btg at 11

Oops

Snap. Rubbish

MichelleHibs
09-03-2013, 10:47 PM
i want to go to the game but instead will have to watch it at home with the enemy (the hubby!) thanks to the trains (or lack of!) and early kick off!

totally gutted...derby was the fixture last year for mothers day too!! lol

at least i get to spend it with my babies too!! :agree:

madabouthibs
09-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Its Mother's Day??? :Ummm:

.Sean.
10-03-2013, 12:02 AM
I took my mum to a derby a couple seasons back on her birthday and she's vowed not to go back, (coin chucking, Riordan red card game) offered to take her the morn and she politely declined so that's me cleared for an early start! Bring it on :greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Well I'll be at the match with my mum today. In fact she wouldn't have it any other way!

She's a season ticket holder, Hibs daft and been going to Easter Road for about 40 years! :greengrin

Torto7062
10-03-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm fwcked 2 young kids a nagging Jambo wife,Jambo in- laws and a Hibby bro-in-law who has kindly offered to take care of me during the pre match bust up.

GGTTH

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 01:18 AM
My Mother's Day will be fab, ill be at the derby :greengrin

My mum gets my boy for the afternoon, she couldn't possibly want anything more!

TrickyNicky
10-03-2013, 01:22 AM

:thumbsup:

One Day Soon
10-03-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm fwcked 2 young kids a nagging Jambo wife,Jambo in- laws and a Hibby bro-in-law who has kindly offered to take care of me during the pre match bust up.

GGTTH

Now, what's wrong with this picture?

TrickyNicky
10-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Now, what's wrong with this picture?

Everything!

When things get bad in ones' own life - spare a thought for Torto 7062!:greengrin

JohnStephens91
10-03-2013, 03:07 AM
I asked my mum if she wanted to come to the derby her reply 'would I f***', needless to say she doesn't like the football. She just accepts that I'll be at the football. I've got her a nice present, chocolates and a card though so she won't mind. Plus I'll see here before I leave at 11 to get the bus and get lunch.

DAVE1875
10-03-2013, 03:41 AM
I took my mum to a derby a couple seasons back on her birthday and she's vowed not to go back, (coin chucking, Riordan red card game) offered to take her the morn and she politely declined so that's me cleared for an early start! Bring it on :greengrin

I mind someone's phone/ipod getting chucked at a Hearts player that game :tee hee:

marinello59
10-03-2013, 05:26 AM

I am surprised she even thought you would take her back after she behaved like that. Tell her Riordan's sending off was his own fault though.

Sudds_1
10-03-2013, 06:58 AM

GGTTH

Have to say......if you married a Yam you take all that you get! :greengrin

lucky
10-03-2013, 07:32 AM
I told the wife she is not my mother. This commercial crap is made up by card companies. My daughter bought me a card to give to her.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Well I'll be at the match with my mum today. In fact she wouldn't have it any other way!

She's a season ticket holder, Hibs daft and been going to Easter Road for about 40 years! :greengrin

Snap.

My Mum would be more annoyed if I suggested going anywhere ither than ER today.

Albanian Hibs
10-03-2013, 08:15 AM
I have got my mum coming over to our house to watch the game and to watch my son while I am at the game. She wouldnt want it (and expect it) any other way :-)

Bristolhibby
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Just FaceTimed my Mum and wished her Happy Mothers Day.

Job Done.

J

semaj64
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
My Mother's Day will be fab, ill be at the derby :greengrin

My mum gets my boy for the afternoon, she couldn't possibly want anything more!

So normal home game arrangements then. :greengrin

HibeeN
10-03-2013, 09:41 AM
My mum completely understands, thankfully :greengrin She's even offered to give me a lift in because of the snow!

AndyB_70
10-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Mothers day it's not meant to be about birth mums. If you moved away from your birth place then Mothers Day is meant to be the day you return to the church you went to as a child. i.e. your mother church.
Now that is cleared up just get them telt and bring on the YAMs.

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 10:26 AM
My mother would be shocked if I remembered Mother's Day for the first time in thirty years, and at her age a shock is not a good idea. So I'm focussed on the game.

Got to get my priorities right.

jonty
10-03-2013, 11:07 AM
The missus was in a right strop for over an hour this morning, until she found the cards beside the coffee mugs.

She seriously needs to get her priorities straight in the morning! :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
10-03-2013, 11:09 AM
The missus was in a right strop for over an hour this morning, until she found the cards beside the coffee mugs.

She seriously needs to get her priorities straight in the morning! :greengrin

Know what you mean - I got my laddie to leave his in the washing machine :agree: