PDA

View Full Version : BBC Funding

Kaff
09-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Put this in a thread on women's football,

I'll be interested to see how the BBC's coverage of women's football develops. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21716152

I'm not going to slate women's football but i'll be interested in the level of money that they spend on covering it. Already the funding on MOTD and the Football League show dwarfs what is spent per capita on Scottish football. Don't forget we used to have online commentary of every spl game in addition to 2 games and open all idiots on FM, Radio nan Gael (sp) and MW.
If they're increasing spending on football in England while our service is already short changed and suffering cuts then somebody should be raising this issue. They can p*ss off talking about quality as the BBC should ignore viewer uptake and consider the equality of their coverage.

i don't want to detract from women's football so have started this thread.
The BBC are signed up to a £170m/3 year contract for their MOTD show, does anyone have the figures for Scottish football? There is also the Football League show and the newly announced women's football deal.
In balance we have to consider that the BBC may sell MOTD to other countries but also the inflated salaries of messrs Linekar, Hansen et al.
As a national broadcaster we should expect equitable funding per capita and i'm interested as to how far apart we are.

matty_f
09-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Put this in a thread on women's football,

I'll be interested to see how the BBC's coverage of women's football develops. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21716152

I'm not going to slate women's football but i'll be interested in the level of money that they spend on covering it. Already the funding on MOTD and the Football League show dwarfs what is spent per capita on Scottish football. Don't forget we used to have online commentary of every spl game in addition to 2 games and open all idiots on FM, Radio nan Gael (sp) and MW.
If they're increasing spending on football in England while our service is already short changed and suffering cuts then somebody should be raising this issue. They can p*ss off talking about quality as the BBC should ignore viewer uptake and consider the equality of their coverage.

i don't want to detract from women's football so have started this thread.
The BBC are signed up to a £170m/3 year contract for their MOTD show, does anyone have the figures for Scottish football? There is also the Football League show and the newly announced women's football deal.
In balance we have to consider that the BBC may sell MOTD to other countries but also the inflated salaries of messrs Linekar, Hansen et al.
As a national broadcaster we should expect equitable funding per capita and i'm interested as to how far apart we are.

You also need to consider that motd is broadcast outside of England so we benefit from that spend as well.