PDA

View Full Version : Women's Football

theonlywayisup
08-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Scotland drew with the auld enemy 4-4

Well done to the girls. How many of them have links with Hibs Ladies?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21722508

Can we keep this thread free of the usual, who would want to watch women's football rubbish?

hibbysam
08-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Under 19s also drew 4-4 with Iceland, and at least one scorer was a hibby, Caroline weir. A few others also played a part in the game.

Allant1981
08-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Always kept an eye on ladies football. Friend of mines sister is the arsenal ladies mgr

Kaff
09-03-2013, 12:32 AM
I'll be interested to see how the BBC's coverage of women's football develops. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21716152

I'm not going to slate women's football but i'll be interested in the level of money that they spend on covering it. Already the funding on MOTD and the Football League show dwarfs what is spent per capita on Scottish football. Don't forget we used to have online commentary of every spl game in addition to 2 games and open all idiots on FM, Radio nan Gael (sp) and MW.
If they're increasing spending on football in England while our service is already short changed and suffering cuts then somebody should be raising this issue. They can p*ss off talking about quality as the BBC should ignore viewer uptake and consider the equality of their coverage.

crieffhibee
09-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Im all for womens football getting coverage and promoting the womans game but the stuff SSN was coming out with today was alot of ****aki mushrooms, folk saying we will soon have women managers in the mens game? Im no andy gray but do think football should be split! Not mixed!

marinello59
09-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Im all for womens football getting coverage and promoting the womans game but the stuff SSN was coming out with today was alot of ****aki mushrooms, folk saying we will soon have women managers in the mens game? Im no andy gray but do think football should be split! Not mixed!

There is absolutely no reason why a competent woman could not become a manager in the men's game. My Mum would have done a better job than Calderwood.

HibeeN
09-03-2013, 08:23 AM
3 players from Hibs Ladies are in the Scotland squad for this tournament. Also, the excellent Kim Little, who scored yesterday, plays for Arsenal Ladies but used to play for Hibs.

RE: Women in men's football - we already have Karren Brady, who was former managing director at Birmingham and current vice-chairman at West Ham. Sian Massey, an assistant ref, has earned praise for good calls this season. We have female physios who do a good job at big clubs (Chelsea for example.) Obviously it's never going to be mixed on the pitch but I can't see a reason why women couldn't get involved in coaching and, maybe at some point in the future, managing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Vice-chairman, Ms Brady would love that title! ;-)

HibeeN
09-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Vice-chairman, Ms Brady would love that title! ;-)

:greengrin I was thinking that myself, whether chairperson or chairwoman would be more suitable, so I quickly checked her website and it even has chairman there!

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 09:42 AM
There is absolutely no reason why a competent woman could not become a manager in the men's game. My Mum would have done a better job than Calderwood.

Disagree mate woman should be no where near the man's game. Stick to there own game! Ref linesman manager coach player Tec. The day that happens I stop watching. It's a man's game hail hail

HibeeN
09-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Disagree mate woman should be no where near the man's game. Stick to there own game! Ref linesman manager coach player Tec. The day that happens I stop watching. It's a man's game hail hail

Why not ban us from Easter Road as well while you're at it. :rolleyes:

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Woman are fine watching MENS football your an important part for the club's. My point is woman should be no where near the football side off things as it is MENS football. I'm not interested in woman's football, nothing wrong with it but both should be separate. HAIL Hail. Hope That explains my point

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2013, 10:32 AM
:greengrin I was thinking that myself, whether chairperson or chairwoman would be more suitable, so I quickly checked her website and it even has chairman there!

Very surprised to hear that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Shouldnae be long until BH makes his presence felt here, always fun!

GreenCastle
09-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Woman are fine watching MENS football your an important part for the club's. My point is woman should be no where near the football side off things as it is MENS football. I'm not interested in woman's football, nothing wrong with it but both should be separate. HAIL Hail. Hope That explains my point

This doesn't make much sense :confused:

What about Physio's / doctors and fitness coaches ? If a women is the best at that job and the club want the best for the price they are willing to pay then why not allow them?

This phrase it's a man's game makes me laugh as our men in Scotland play it and aren't very good at it - where as our women are higher ranked in the world.

Many women's team train 3 / 4 / 5 times a week which is more than many men's teams and they don't even get paid.

In other sports you get women coaching men and men coaching women - many people within football in the UK are still stuck in the dark ages and have to accept that the women's game is improving all the time.

Remember the women's game is never going to be like the men's game in terms of revenue but it still has it's place and as America has shown can provide opportunities for girls to stay active and healthy - rather than be out on the street getting pregnant at 14 and drinking buckfast on street corners which often happens in this country.

Mon Dieu4
09-03-2013, 11:13 AM

your allowed to come but remember my Creme Egg ;)

marinello59
09-03-2013, 11:16 AM

It's a nonsense isn't it? Bigotry and racism are banned but discriminating against 50% of the population on grounds of gender is fine.

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 11:17 AM
This doesn't make much sense :confused:

What about Physio's / doctors and fitness coaches ? If a women is the best at that job and the club want the best for the price they are willing to pay then why not allow them?

This phrase it's a man's game makes me laugh as our men in Scotland play it and aren't very good at it - where as our women are higher ranked in the world.

Many women's team train 3 / 4 / 5 times a week which is more than many men's teams and they don't even get paid.

In other sports you get women coaching men and men coaching women - many people within football in the UK are still stuck in the dark ages and have to accept that the women's game is improving all the time.

Remember the women's game is never going to be like the men's game in terms of revenue but it still has it's place and as America has shown can provide opportunities for girls to stay active and healthy - rather than be out on the street getting pregnant at 14 and drinking buckfast on street corners which often happens in this country.

football is good sport for woman to play and agree best to have a hobby than get pregnant and get drunk 14. The standard of woman's football is gash. Men's amateur football is better. Woman should stick to there own game. There are no woman near good enough to manage a men's team. There are 1000`s off blokes that can't get a job in football that are at a higher standard than woman.

GreenCastle
09-03-2013, 11:23 AM
football is good sport for woman to play and agree best to have a hobby than get pregnant and get drunk 14. The standard of woman's football is gash. Men's amateur football is better. Woman should stick to there own game. There are no woman near good enough to manage a men's team. There are 1000`s off blokes that can't get a job in football that are at a higher standard than woman.

What are you comparing it to to say it's gash?

Men's professional football in Scotland is poor - let alone pub / amateur football (100mph -lack of skill / meatheads / poor coaching / players who weren't good enought to make it!) - surprised you used that comparison :greengrin

Women are sticking to their own game - does that mean men can't help improve the women's game?

I never said there should be a women's manager in the men's game but at the same time if a female was better than a man for the job then why not?

How do you define higher standard to get a job? Surely not this myth that because you played the game always makes you a good coach?

Eyrie
09-03-2013, 11:26 AM

So women are capable of running major companies (HP), major countries (Germany) and international organisations (IMF), but not a football team?

HibeeN
09-03-2013, 11:30 AM
There are no woman near good enough to manage a men's team. There are 1000`s off blokes that can't get a job in football that are at a higher standard than woman.

What criteria are you basing this on? You don't need to be a great footballer to be a manager - physical prowess or technical ability doesn't matter as much as knowledge of the game, tactics, training methods etc. I can't see it happening in the near future but there is no reason whatsoever that a woman couldn't be just as capable in management as a man.

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 11:32 AM
So women are capable of running major companies (HP), major countries (Germany) and international organisations (IMF), but not a football team?

Woman can run a football club. Woman are equal and have done well, Not my point. I've said woman should be no where near the men's game in the capacity of playing refereeing coaching or managing. Delia runs Norwich, she doesn't coach ref or play = happy days imo

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
What criteria are you basing this on? You don't need to be a great footballer to be a manager - physical prowess or technical ability doesn't matter as much as knowledge of the game, tactics, training methods etc. I can't see it happening in the near future but there is no reason whatsoever that a woman couldn't be just as capable in management as a man. Try

In principle I agree no reason why woman can't be capable, but there are 1000`s of blokes that are at a higher standard than woman that are out of a job.hopefully men's football will always have men as managers. There are only 92 league clubs in England and 42 in Scotland.

marinello59
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Woman can run a football club. Woman are equal and have done well, Not my point. I've said woman should be no where near the men's game in the capacity of playing refereeing coaching or managing. Delia runs Norwich, she doesn't coach ref or play = happy days imo

Why? Those jobs are all based on intellect rather than physical strength.

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Why? Those jobs are all based on intellect rather than physical strength.

Playing the game is also a big part, can't beat experience.

GreenCastle
09-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Try

In principle I agree no reason why woman can't be capable, but there are 1000`s of blokes that are at a higher standard than woman that are out of a job.hopefully men's football will always have men as managers. There are only 92 league clubs in England and 42 in Scotland.

What do you mean higher standard?

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 11:42 AM
What do you mean higher standard?

By playing and managing at men's football. Woman's football will never compare to men's football

The Voice Of Reason
09-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Good luck to women who play football.

Personally I can't watch it as I find it painful as the standard is so poor (cue the jokes about the current state of the men's game!)

I am all for women watching men's football (as long as they are nice looking - munters should be banned!) 😎

P.S that last bit was an attempt at humour..........

HibeeN
09-03-2013, 11:48 AM
By playing and managing at men's football. Woman's football will never compare to men's football

But if we're talking about playing experience, isn't it all relative?

Take Kim Little, who I mentioned earlier, as an example. At just 22 she is playing for one of the most successful club sides in Europe, has over 70 appearances for Scotland, and was part of Team GB at the Olympics.

SouthamptonHibs
09-03-2013, 12:05 PM
But if we're talking about playing experience, isn't it all relative?

Take Kim Little, who I mentioned earlier, as an example. At just 22 she is playing for one of the most successful club sides in Europe, has over 70 appearances for Scotland, and was part of Team GB at the Olympics.

She's done slot in the woman's game but the woman's game is no where near the standard of the men's game.

hibsbollah
09-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Im pleased its getting into the tv scheduling. The more football the better.

FranckSuzy
09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
3 players from Hibs Ladies are in the Scotland squad for this tournament. Also, the excellent Kim Little, who scored yesterday, plays for Arsenal Ladies but used to play for Hibs.

RE: Women in men's football - we already have Karren Brady, who was former managing director at Birmingham and current vice-chairman at West Ham. Sian Massey, an assistant ref, has earned praise for good calls this season. We have female physios who do a good job at big clubs (Chelsea for example.) Obviously it's never going to be mixed on the pitch but I can't see a reason why women couldn't get involved in coaching and, maybe at some point in the future, managing.

Don't forget Delia 'let's be having you' Smith. Joint major shareholder at Norwich. :wink: :greengrin

Eyrie
09-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Playing the game is also a big part, can't beat experience.

Wenger and Villas Boas (to name just two) never made it to the big time as players.