PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths Named SPL Player of the Month

Off the bar
08-03-2013, 02:04 PM
as it says on the tin! well done Leigh article on fishy site now

Leigh Griffiths has been named Clydesdale Bank Premier League Player of the Month for February and the striker dedicated the award to the club's supporters.
Griffiths was in fantastic goalscoring form for the club throughout the month as he scored in every one of the club's Clydesdale Bank Premier League games.
Griffiths' four goals throughout the month helped Hibernian edge closer to a top six finish and have moved him joint top of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League's goalscoring charts with 19 goals so far this season.
It was Griffiths' goals together with his all-round impressive play that led the panel to vote him as the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Player of the Month.
Griffiths said: "It's always nice to get recognition and I would like to dedicate the award to our supporters, who have stuck with us throughout the season.
"I'm enjoying my football right now and hopefully that's showing in my performances. I love playing for Hibs and scoring goals, so I couldn't be any happier.
"Hopefully we can build on our current form and I can play my part in helping Hibs to win as many matches as possible - starting with Sunday's Edinburgh Derby against Hearts."
A panel of Scottish football experts chose the award winners from a shortlist which included the top three fans' nominations from Clydesdale Bank's football website

Jones28
08-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Deserved, well done sparky!

PopsicleManTony
08-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Well deserved!

silverhibee
08-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Fully deserved. Well done Sparky.

Heisenberg
08-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Fully deserved! Well done Sparky :hibees

trev the hat
08-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Nice 1 fully merited :top marksSparky :agree:

HibernianJK
08-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Done very well last month and doing ever better this! Would be great two months in a row!

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2013, 02:24 PM
A total farce he's not even that good, most of his goals have been down to poor defending, bad goalkeeping or just pure luck. Added to the the fact that his attitude stinks and he doesn't get on with the support. Any one looking at Leigh with a view to signing him just now should heed my warnings, he's best left in the wilderness at Hibs.

Saorsa
08-03-2013, 02:25 PM
A total farce he's not even that good, most of his goals have been down to poor defending, bad goalkeeping or just pure luck. Added to the the fact that his attitude stinks and he doesn't get on with the support. Any one looking at Leigh with a view to signing him just now should heed my warnings, he's best left in the wilderness at Hibs.:agree:

ALF TUPPER
08-03-2013, 03:14 PM
A total farce he's not even that good, most of his goals have been down to poor defending, bad goalkeeping or just pure luck. Added to the the fact that his attitude stinks and he doesn't get on with the support. Any one looking at Leigh with a view to signing him just now should heed my warnings, he's best left in the wilderness at Hibs.

Yep. No good to anyone. Best left at Easter Road - no talent , mediocre at best.

Nothing to see here - move along now :-D

Jones28
08-03-2013, 04:46 PM

This.

My granny could've scored more than him with the chances he's had.

Ah well, we can keep him, we should make that sacrifice so the rest of football is saved from his *****ness

Seanair
08-03-2013, 04:52 PM
...he repeats his hat-trick against Killie with another against Hearts on Sunday then he must be player of the month for March as well.

...WentToMowAnSPL
08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
...he repeats his hat-trick against Killie with another against Hearts on Sunday then he must be player of the month for March as well.

Nah ! He can't get that lucky twice ;-) nothing to see here move along 'guests'

Hibercelona
08-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Agreed.

He's all hype and would never make it at a higher level. He should just stay here for the remainder of his career.

Keith_M
08-03-2013, 05:57 PM
The guy is totally overrated. He's the jammiest player I've ever seen and most of his goals, the few that weren't penalties, were just lucky.

Managers of other sides would be crazy to offer him a contract

Oh and he looks like a thumb.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2013, 06:01 PM
If he was decent he would be in the Scotland squad.

Eyrie
08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Ridiculous decision, and I hope that his March award will be equally ridiculous.

R'Albin
08-03-2013, 06:47 PM
What's he done to warrant this exactly? Pretty sure at least 90% of his goals have been penalties :confused:

stoneyburn hibs
08-03-2013, 06:48 PM
He is ****** , should not even get a game for mediocre Hibs , should really give up football

Northernhibee
08-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Sparky; so mediocre they named him once.

Hibercelona
08-03-2013, 06:57 PM
He is ****** , should not even get a game for mediocre Hibs , should really give up football

Being a Hibs fan though, the club should allow him to stay anyway, despite the fact that he's absolutely dire and should never be allowed to play anywhere else. :agree:

derek0762
08-03-2013, 06:57 PM
He is First division class I can't see him scoring many goals in the SPL likesay :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GGTH1-0
08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
If he was decent he would be in the Scotland squad.

No doubt he has the ability. A very gifted player but he wont have been picked due to his off field antics.

stoneyburn hibs
08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Being a Hibs fan though, the club should allow him to stay anyway, despite the fact that he's absolutely dire and should never be allowed to play anywhere else. :agree:

He is NOT a Hibs fan , he supports no football team as he prefers substance abuse

fat freddy
08-03-2013, 07:03 PM
How is this imposter keeping kuqi out of the side?

Hibercelona
08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
No doubt he has the ability. A very gifted player but he wont have been picked due to his off field antics.

Every morning when I take a look at my morning paper, I hesitate to flick over to the sports section in the fear that Leigh Griffiths was once again reported to have been pumping another woman or to have been caught up in his usual act of snarfing packets of rolos and winegums from his local super market.

Honestly, he makes your average serial killer seem like a decent human being.

coco22
08-03-2013, 08:01 PM
A massive 'thumbs' up for the wee man. Superb. Arguably the best front man in Scottish Fitba at the moment. Hibs lej in the making

Macaroon
08-03-2013, 08:10 PM
A massive 'thumbs' up for the wee man. Superb. Arguably the best front man in Scottish Fitba at the moment. Hibs lej in the making

Whit you on about? He's dire.

ltyf

stoneyburn hibs
08-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Wtf ? Have you seen him play ?

Jonnyboy
08-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Guys a Judas. Swanned off to Wolves and came back to ER twice. If he stays, I go :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Given that they pay peanuts down South, he is only here for the money.

coco22
08-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Whit you on about? He's dire.

ltyf

Apologies, preparing for fuddal launchage. The boy's got nae first touch and is feared tea have a pop at goal, embarrassing.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Guys a Judas. Swanned off to Wolves and came back to ER twice. If he stays, I go :grr:

Careful..... someone might set up a poll. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
08-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Careful..... someone might set up a poll. :greengrin

No worries I'll just ignore it :greengrin

OsloHibs
08-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Well Done Leigh :not worth More than deserved.
Should've been in Scotland squad tho.. If he played for Celtic he'd be there :hmmm:

thebakerboy
08-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Sorry guys he walked past my drive yesterday while I was about to reverse but I stopped so the useless little git lived to go and visit his local lady and child . The award is obviously for his ability to score but not on the football park where he is rubbish.:na na:

TrickyNicky
08-03-2013, 09:37 PM
He's a waster!
If he'd scored even half of his chances we would be sitting comfortably in second.
Pat should punch him in the face!

Jack Hackett
08-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Totally reliant on hoofs up the park for his goals. I suspect this is because no-one wants to play up front with him....maybe it's a hygiene problem

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-03-2013, 07:45 AM
According to the day late Record this morning he won't be with us next season as Wolves want him back....:confused: :rolleyes:

Keith_M
09-03-2013, 08:25 AM
According to the day late Record this morning he won't be with us next season as Wolves want him back....:confused: :rolleyes:

Then the Wolves manager obviously hasn't been reading this thread :wink:

Hibeesforever
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Comparisons to Reilly or Baker are complete nonsense. Griffiths is totally overrated and relies on goalkeeping errors for his goals.

FranckSuzy
09-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Comparisons to Reilly or Baker are complete nonsense. Griffiths is totally overrated and relies on goalkeeping errors for his goals.

:fishin: