Murdoch
Forster
Taiwo
THOMSON
Cairney
Handling
Doyle

Thoughts?

Why would Taiwo be dropped for Deegan, considering we just won 4-2 on sunday......................can't see Fenlon changing a winning side.

SteveHFC
07-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Claros
Thomson
Robertson
Done

Griffiths

Subs:

Murdoch
Forster
Taiwo
Kuqi
Handling
Cairney
Doyle

hibsbollah
07-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Claros
Deegan
Robertson
Done

Griffiths

Subs:

Murdoch
Forster
Taiwo
THOMSON
Cairney
Handling
Doyle

Thoughts?

If he drops Taiwo for Deegan i'll be amazed. Unchanged 451 please :aok:

Hibeesmad
07-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I thought taiwo wasnt that great the other day, thats just my opinion of course, however i dont really care what team he picks as long as hibs win! Ggtth

Shrekko
07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
I thought taiwo wasnt that great the other day, thats just my opinion of course, however i dont really care what team he picks as long as hibs win! Ggtth

I think Taiwo is developing into a fantastic signing. Thomson will need to perform at a very good level to get into the midfield we've had the past few weeks.

HibernianJK
08-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Would expect it to be the same team. If any changes to be made Cairney will be brought in for Done or Spoony, and Thomson or Deegan for Taiwo. Cant see any changes being made though. Strong team. Like to see Robertson grab a goal this week!

Hermit Crab
08-03-2013, 02:02 AM
Major problem with maybury as he'll get skinned for pace by that novikosas. Mcpake and McGivern better mark Sutton and Ngoo out the game or they will have a field day.

Pete
08-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Major problem with maybury as he'll get skinned for pace by that novikosas. Mcpake and McGivern better mark Sutton and Ngoo out the game or they will have a field day.

I actually trust a McPake/McGivern combination to do that over a McPake/Hanlon one.

Agree re. Maybury. I think they are going to have a lot of the ball and our right hand side should be defensively minded to give Maybury cover.

Maybury is no mug and if he has cover then they won't get a squeak.

Speedway
08-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Same as last week and strengthen the bench.

Murdoch
Clancy
Kujabi
Thomshun
Deegan
Kuqi
Caldwell

happiehibbie
08-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I think Maybury needs to be dropped not good enough felt he was out of position for the killie first goal

but am not a mabury fan hope clancy is fit

Jones28
08-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I would keep Maybury in the team, I'd just like to see him get a wee bit tighter than he has been. He gave novikovas too much room in the cup game and for the first half an hour or so everything came through their left hand side. Get a wee bit tighter and have spoony working his socks off to cover.

GreenCastle
08-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Maybury is a difficult one - while he is a decent squad player with experience and has always done ok when I have written him off.

He does struggle in 1v1 situations. If you remember the last derby he was torn apart first half by Novikovas before Novikovas went off with injury at half time I think.

Hopefully Fenlon is wary of this...

#FromTheCapital
08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Same as last week and strengthen the bench.

Murdoch
Clancy
Kujabi
Thomshun
Deegan
Kuqi
Caldwell

Excellent point, the bench will need to be strengthened to cope with Kuqi :agree:

IanM
08-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Kevin Thomson

Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson

Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson

Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson

bench

Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kevin Thomson
Kuqi

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree::agree:

Pray4Marc
08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Why would Taiwo be dropped for Deegan, considering we just won 4-2 on sunday......................can't see Fenlon changing a winning side.

I would prefer Taiwo, Claros and Deegan in the midfield, get stuck right into the "greatest youngsters to grace Scottish football". They also have Ngoo(Nslow) touted as the next Drogba? They are becoming more and more deluded. I would drop Robertson. 3 hard tackling midfielders is what we need in the middle, ironically use their old tactics when we had the likes of Brown & Thomson.

Milandinho
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
After the Killie game I'd be surprised if Pat changes things around. But to be honest i don't care who plays on Sunday, as long as they tear the dirty yam fud's a new one!

:flag:

Hibee87
08-03-2013, 11:24 AM
I would say the same team, Unfotunatly we have no alternative but to play maybury. Whoever plays right wing for us will need to be on there game and help out down that side, its their stongest position i recon.

Also with barr out and them playing away form home I wouldnt be surprised if they play 5 in the middle so our midfield is going o have to battle. On that assumption I would maybe be tempted to play Deegan instead of Taiwo as he gives us a bit more dig.

From the little I have seen of hearts recently the cant cope with pace and the long ball over the top so another performance from spaky is needed, play the ball to the channels or feet for him to run onto and he should tear them all day long. With barr out as well robertson should hopefully get a bit more freedom in the attacking mid area.

I hear that their right back - mullen i think it is, is not the greatest and mchattie looked rank last time at e.r so getting done and spoony/cairney (whoever plays right) needs to get running at them drawing in the freekicks and getting o the by line.

In theory and in my head we are the stronger team, and look foward to a good game. Hope the players are fired up for it and dont give them mutants a second on the ball. im going for a brave 3-0 to hibees :)

Judas Iscariot
08-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Williams

Maybury McPake(c) McGivern Stevenson

Wotherspoon Robertson Claros Thomson :wink: Done

Griffiths

hibsbollah
08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Perhaps im in the minority but i thought Maybury was good against Killie. Handled Dayton well.

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Same team for me, as for the Maybury doubters there's more to playing at full back than pace.

allmodcons
08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Same team for me, as for the Maybury doubters there's more to playing at full back than pace.

I would keep same side that beat Killie, but still think Maybury is a weak link at full back (if Hanlon was fit I'd move McGivern to left back and put Stevenson in ahead of Maybury at right back).

He (Maybury) had a pretty torrid time against Novikovas last time out (?) at Easter Road. I expect they'll look to exploit that area again with a view getting cross balls in for Sutton and NGoo.

hibbymick
08-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Preventing or winning cross balls into the box is a must. It will be an interesting tussle with whoever and N'Goo.

Hibstrooper
08-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Has to be same team.

For me the two key players for us that are going to determine the outcome are Wotherspoon and Done.

With Hearts looking likely to line up 4-4-2 we need these two to put in a shift and be on their game. They are going to have to be up and down that wing to 1) ensure that they are providing Maybury/Stevenson with support and stop crosses coming into our box 2) get involved in midfield so that their 4 don't overload our 3 and 3) also support Super Leigh up top so that he isn't too isolated.

Expect Hearts defence to sit quite deep too after watching us score 3 goals from balls over the top at the weekend. This should leave some holes in between their defence and midfield that would be prime for Spoony to exploit.

Big games required from Wotherspoon & Done. The good news is Wotherspoon was back to his best on Sunday and Done was much better on his natural side, on the flip Wotherspoon can be hot & cold whilst Done still has to really convince.

Aldo
08-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Maybury is a difficult one - while he is a decent squad player with experience and has always done ok when I have written him off.

He does struggle in 1v1 situations. If you remember the last derby he was torn apart first half by Novikovas before Novikovas went off with injury at half time I think.

Hopefully Fenlon is wary of this...

Sorry but so what if Maybury for skinned in the last game and for me he stood no chance at Dayton's goal. He did what every full back in the game would to and take your line from your CH.

Nobody knew where that ball would land.

I am more than happy with AM playing at RB.

Should we drop Williams because of his mistake at Utd..... No....

Lets get over this I don't rate Maybury, personally it's because he used to play for them.

IMHO he's done really well and stepped up when he's needed to do so.

Aldo
08-03-2013, 01:28 PM

This

wills
08-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Williams

wotherspoon
mcgivern
mcpake
stevenson

Taiwo
claros
Thomson
Robertson
done

griffiths

Golden Bear
08-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Sorry but so what if Maybury for skinned in the last game and for me he stood no chance at Dayton's goal. He did what every full back in the game would to and take your line from your CH.

Nobody knew where that ball would land.

I am more than happy with AM playing at RB.

Should we drop Williams because of his mistake at Utd..... No....

Lets get over this I don't rate Maybury, personally it's because he used to play for them.

IMHO he's done really well and stepped up when he's needed to do so.

:agree:

Stevie Reid
08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Same team, same shape. Looks like we'll be playing a 4-5-1 against a Hearts 4-4-2, hopefully we can dominate midfield for a change.

sambajustice
08-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Colgan

Smith
Sauzee
Fenwick

Laursen
Lovell
Jack
Latapy
Some gadgie I can't mind his name, john something

Zitelli
Mixu

truehibernian
08-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Perhaps im in the minority but i thought Maybury was good against Killie. Handled Dayton well.

Not at all, I agree he played really well and was assured.

The issue I have for Sunday is that I think Locke will persist with Novikovas, who gave Alan a torrid time in the cup game before injury. That said, if he goes with Ngoo and Sutton, and we play a five in midfield, the supply to Novikovas will hopefully be limited and Novikovas himself will have to commit to defensive duties now and again when we play higher up the pitch. Robertson has made a huge difference to the midfield balance and takes us much higher up the park - and supports well. We actually look like an attacking 4-5-1 (4-3-3) than going into games more defensive minded. Pat has had his tactics spot on recently I have to say.

I wouldn't touch a side who are high in confidence and scoring goals. Same team, very strong bench.

PopsicleManTony
08-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Taiwo
Claros
Robertson
Done

Sparkotelli

Tommo to come on as an impact sub!

FromTheCapital
08-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I'd go unchanged from the game against Kilmarnock. That is unless Thomson is available to play and if he is I'd stick him in over Taiwo as Fenlon just said on Sky Sports News that they're trying to get him in and that if he signs in time for the derby as Fenlon says he's been training for two weeks and looks fine fitness wise. Looking forward to the derby and think that we're due them a right good hammering!

crieffhibee
09-03-2013, 02:35 AM
I'd go unchanged from the game against Kilmarnock. That is unless Thomson is available to play and if he is I'd stick him in over Taiwo as Fenlon just said on Sky Sports News that they're trying to get him in and that if he signs in time for the derby as Fenlon says he's been training for two weeks and looks fine fitness wise. Looking forward to the derby and think that we're due them a right good hammering!

I would keep taiwo in, dont see the need to change a winning side, would be harsh to drop him imo and KT wont be match sharp yet and this isnt the game to be taking risks like that

Franck Stanton
09-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Think the team just about picks itself just now. Make as few changes as possible for tommorrow. Seems Clancy has been passed fit, however , [just my opinion], think it is a week too late and he may be a wee bit "ring-rusty" for the game . As for Thomson, mmmmmm good player, however, who would be dropped to accommodate him ? The team played well last week, - if it aint broke , don't fix it. Think PF will start with the same 11 as last week and see how things are going. If Maybury is having a tough time then Clancy could be introduced, also think Thomson will have to settle for a place on the bench and then get last half-hour.