blackpoolhibs
07-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Just cant help himself. :faf:

down-the-slope
07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Scoring or diving ? :greengrin

down-the-slope
07-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Spurs are ripping them a new one though - never seen such a one sided game at this level for ages....

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Wish he'd stop diving!!! Ridiculously good footballer

Aldo
07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Laddies only 23 as well. Good shout for POTY in engurlandshire

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2013, 08:44 PM
His diving is pathetic, will be into double figures for bookings soon.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Funny that the British media love to peddle the myth that 'them foreign types' are to blame for diving yet the 2 worst divers of the last 10 years in the EPL have been English and Welsh respectively.

JohnStephens91
07-03-2013, 08:51 PM
It won't be mentioned much by the British media either, if it was a foreign player like Suarez you could imagine the furore a dive from someone like that would cause. Bale is the worst for it in the EPL at the moment and hardly a peep is made because he is British.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2013, 10:13 PM
The way the commentary team treated it like he was just a naughty schoolboy was pathetic. Bale is a great player but an even greater diver sadly

jdships
07-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Putting aside the diving /simulation ( there were three yellow cards) that was as enjoyable 90 minutes football as I have watched in years
Good football , good goals and not a nasty foul all night
Spurs played some lovely football going forward ( midfield was great) but still don't fancy their back four under pressure !!

:thumbsup:

HibernianJK
08-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Funny that the British media love to peddle the myth that 'them foreign types' are to blame for diving yet the 2 worst divers of the last 10 years in the EPL have been English and Welsh respectively.

I think this is party true. Foreign players are a lot worse for rolling around and feigning injury. I think this can sometimes be confused with simulation.

Pete
08-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I think this is party true. Foreign players are a lot worse for rolling around and feigning injury. I think this can sometimes be confused with simulation.

Refs are getting wise to it now. I'm so glad that "contact" doesn't automatically mean a foul was committed.

A few years ago Bale might have got that penalty.

VickMackie
08-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Refs are getting wise to it now. I'm so glad that "contact" doesn't automatically mean a foul was committed.

A few years ago Bale might have got that penalty.

I agree about the refs.

It's the way he moved his leg into the defender then has the audacity to walk away shaking his head and pointing to his leg that's the scunner. It's almost like he believed it himself!

YehButNoBut
20-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive Gareth Bale has agreed a new £130k p/wk contract with Tottenham, more than double the club's next highest paid player. (Source: Independent)

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive
Gareth Bale's new contract will include a £50m release clause which can be activated no earlier than Summer 2014. (Source: Independent)

IWasThere2016
20-05-2013, 01:58 PM
His diving is pathetic, will be into double figures for bookings soon.

6 of the last 8 for simulation. He's a cheat.

bigwheel
20-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Is anyone actually suggesting he dived yesterday ? That can't be right ...

Sylar
20-05-2013, 02:48 PM

Never a dive - his reputation done him yesterday though.

lapsedhibee
20-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Bale and Suarez, the only two people on the planet to whom Newton's laws of motion don't apply. Defenders pull them back and they are propelled forward - in Bale's case yesterday horizontally, better than Christopher Reeve ever managed.

Great player but serial diving cheater.

bigwheel
20-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Dear oh dear ...

lapsedhibee
20-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Dear oh dear ...

What? If he hadn't performed the unnecessary leap yesterday he'd probably have got the pen. Reap what you sow etc.

JeMeSouviens
20-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Playing the Devil's Avocado: the real problem imo is that ref's won't give a penalty unless the player falls over, even if they're clearly fouled and it's stopped them having a shot.

There's a youtube of Gary Neville explaining this with examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNx5ok60U6A

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Never a dive - his reputation done him yesterday though.I agree but its Karma for earning himself that reputation IMO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Bit like that Cheater Pawlett. You could see him getting cemented in the future and not getting a penalty.

FromTheCapital
20-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Bale's reputation for diving probably made the referee give the foul for diving. It wasn't a dive in my opinion as Larsson clearly has his arms all over Bale along with some tugging before finally pushing Bale to the ground but I still don't think there was a need to throw both legs up in the air and give the referee an excuse to call it a dive.

:confused:

lapsedhibee
20-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Playing the Devil's Avocado: the real problem imo is that ref's won't give a penalty unless the player falls over, even if they're clearly fouled and it's stopped them having a shot.

Neville's head and shoulders above every other TV pundit at the moment but his final argument here is essentially that diving's here to stay because those universally admired heroes Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard do it. 't ain't necessarily so.

Speedy
20-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Haven't watched the video but I've been saying this for a while.

If refs give fouls for fouls rather than players being brought down then players won't feel like they need to go down.

PISTOL1875
20-05-2013, 03:25 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Squealing pig
20-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Get him signed to replace sparky

Holmesdale Hibs
20-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Well, haha and nae luck. I'm glad he never got that penalty, would have been funny if it cost them a place in the top 4. He's a dirty cheating neanderthal *******. Hope this teaches him he shouldn't have been diving earlier in the season, including against Scotland.

I hope someone nails him in the box next time he plays and he doesn't get a penalty for that either.

Great player but a total cheat and I'm glad it's catching up on him.

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Another diabolical refereeing decision that is being glossed over because it's Bale, it was a penalty all day long and the ref made a huge error in not giving it.

Leighonel
20-05-2013, 08:59 PM
What? If he hadn't performed the unnecessary leap yesterday he'd probably have got the pen. Reap what you sow etc.

Hardly a leap. He was already off balance because of the push and his foot was clipped forcing him to go down the way he did.

eastterrace
20-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Well, haha and nae luck. I'm glad he never got that penalty, would have been funny if it cost them a place in the top 4. He's a dirty cheating neanderthal *******. Hope this teaches him he shouldn't have been diving earlier in the season, including against Scotland.

I hope someone nails him in the box next time he plays and he doesn't get a penalty for that either.

Great player but a total cheat and I'm glad it's catching up on him.

it was a stonewaller and the penalty they didnt get when berra manhandled the welsh forward . he moves at pace so any slight nudge andyou will go down,but aint going to change your mind as you made up yours that he is a cheating barsteward, glad you aint the ref on sunday cause need to get your legs broke to get a penalty from you. if you didnt think that was a penalty last night.

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Hardly a leap. He was already off balance because of the push and his foot was clipped forcing him to go down the way he did.

:agree: A stonewall penalty with no exaggeration from Bale at all. Anyone that thinks otherwise should join the ref in the queue at Specsavers.

CalgaryHibs
20-05-2013, 09:05 PM

He"s the biggest cry baby doon south, he should Join Real he"ll fit n with other cry babies in fitbal (Ronaldo,Ramos and Pepe)

Campions BARCA !!!

eastterrace
20-05-2013, 09:09 PM
He"s the biggest cry baby doon south, he should Join Real he"ll fit n with other cry babies in fitbal (Ronaldo,Ramos and Pepe)

Campions BARCA !!!

do you know him personally , as you would get a tad upset if you were getting downed in the box and not get a penalty.

YehButNoBut
20-05-2013, 09:11 PM

Campions BARCA !!!

They'll have to wait for at least another season as he has agreed to stay with Spurs for at least another season on 150k per week, the deal is expected to include a release clause for bids over £50m that can be triggered at the end of next season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/gareth-bale-tottenham-contract

Holmesdale Hibs
20-05-2013, 09:12 PM
it was a stonewaller and the penalty they didnt get when berra manhandled the welsh forward . he moves at pace so any slight nudge andyou will go down,but aint going to change your mind as you made up yours that he is a cheating barsteward, glad you aint the ref on sunday cause need to get your legs broke to get a penalty from you. if you didnt think that was a penalty last night.

I didn't say it wasn't a penalty. It clearly was. Just don't think Bale deserves the benefit of the doubt. Ref made a genuine mistake, Bale is a genuine cheat.

eastterrace
20-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a penalty. It clearly was. Just don't think Bale deserves the benefit of the doubt. Ref made a genuine mistake, Bale is a genuine cheat.

naw susso was a cheat thatswhat you call not a penalty, but a ref has to give a foul if its a foul and not just because its gareth bale then its not a pen , if they are going to be like that then the refs are the cheating barstewards.:cb

Tynie01011973
20-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Bit strange you are admitting it was a definite penalty YET say Bale is a genuine cheat ???

If he had 'cheated' then it would not have been a penalty - which it clearly should have been !!!

:agree:

easty
20-05-2013, 09:28 PM
:agree: A stonewall penalty with no exaggeration from Bale at all. Anyone that thinks otherwise should join the ref in the queue at Specsavers.

It was a pen, but it was well exaggerated.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Bit strange you are admitting it was a definite penalty YET say Bale is a genuine cheat ???

If he had 'cheated' then it would not have been a penalty - which it clearly should have been !!!

:agree:

He didn't cheat on that occasion but has cheated on several others.

I do t see how that's strange, it's not as if I'm saying he cheats every time he gets the ball.

lapsedhibee
20-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Nobody is forced to fall like that.

As Gary Neville would say, "Was it a penalty? Yes. Was it a dive? Yes."

As he probably wouldn't say, "Is Bale a serial diver? Yes."