PDA

View Full Version : No Griffiths in Scotland squad

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Quite surprised by that. :confused:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=11488&newsCategoryID=1

Spike Mandela
07-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Shame for Griffiths, good for Hibs imo.

GoldenEagle
07-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Delighted, Scotland are out anyways and no benefit to Hibs in playing on those games.

IanM
07-03-2013, 01:06 PM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=11488&newsCategoryID=1

Ditto! although I am ok with it, his time will come. he's having a great season on the pitch, his mishaps off the pitch have hopefully stopped and his goals will do the talking.

I can see Strachan giving him a chance if he continues his form and then i might get excited about watching Scotland again!

Hainan Hibs
07-03-2013, 01:10 PM
That squad is the last straw for me. How many ****ing average English players are they going to throw into the squad? Rhodes and Fletcher I completely agree with (they actually consider themselves Scottish), but guys like Bridcutt, George Boyd, Morrison, those guys don't give one solitary **** about Scotland and are just looking for an extra few grand on the transfer fee.

Strachan and Scotland can shove it, mon Wales.

:grr:

jodjam
07-03-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm sure he just called him Leigh griffen

SteveHFC
07-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Boyd, Bridcutt and Webster. Deary me :rolleyes:

Delighted with Mackay-Steven getting a call up. Absolute joke about Griffiths not being in

Spudster
07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Delighted with Mackay-Steven getting a call up. Absolute joke about Griffiths not being in
:agree:

Sir David Gray
07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Boyd, Bridcutt and Webster. Deary me :rolleyes:

I've genuinely never heard of this guy.

Who is he? :confused:

IWasThere2016
07-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Shame for Griffiths, good for Hibs imo.

This.

Judas Iscariot
I'm glad he's not in it, from a Hibs perspective, delighted!

George Boyd, Liam Bridcutt, Grant Hanley, Russell Martin... Who are these players?

Spike Mandela
“@ScottishFA: GS: Leigh Griffiths was big in discussions around this squad. I had to perm two from three and he was in that three. Unlucky to miss out.”

Seems a fair and honest explanation from Strachan and I'm sure Leigh's time will come.

JimBHibees
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
I've genuinely never heard of this guy.

Who is he? :confused:

Decent midfielder plays for Brighton, quite solid and sits in front of back four.

JimBHibees
07-03-2013, 01:19 PM
“@ScottishFA: GS: Leigh Griffiths was big in discussions around this squad. I had to perm two from three and he was in that three. Unlucky to miss out.”

Seems a fair and honest explanation from Strachan and I'm sure Leigh's time will come.

Also sounds like he would be first call up when a forward drops out.

Sylar
07-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Does anyone genuinely think he would get on the park ahead of the likes of Fletcher, Miller (FFS), Naismith or Rhodes anyway?

I'd even reckon Maloney and McCormack would be in line to get into these games ahead of Griffiths.

And before anyone starts, the previous points aren't saying I reckon all of the other named players are better than Griffiths.

Golden Bear
07-03-2013, 01:20 PM
That squad is the last straw for me. How many ****ing average English players are they going to throw into the squad? Rhodes and Fletcher I completely agree with (they actually consider themselves Scottish), but guys like Bridcutt, George Boyd, Morrison, those guys don't give one solitary **** about Scotland and are just looking for an extra few grand on the transfer fee.

Strachan and Scotland can shove it, mon Wales.

:grr:

:rolleyes:

Aye fine Taff. Now away and chase yer eggs and leave us in peace.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone genuinely think he would get on the park ahead of the likes of Fletcher, Miller (FFS), Naismith or Rhodes anyway?

I'd even reckon Maloney and McCormack would be in line to get into these games ahead of Griffiths.

And before anyone starts, the previous points aren't saying I reckon all of the other named players are better than Griffiths.

Fletcher, Naismith and Maloney all play regularly in the Premiership so that's fair enough.

Rhodes has been in good form for Blackburn this season so I don't have a problem with him being picked.

Kenny Miller, in my opinion, is past his best, and guys like Griffiths should be in ahead of him and I also think he should be in ahead of Ross McCormack.

If he had scored the amount of goals he has scored this season for Celtic, I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't have been overlooked.

Sylar
07-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Fletcher, Naismith and Maloney all play regularly in the Premiership so that's fair enough.

Rhodes has been in good form for Blackburn this season so I don't have a problem with him being picked.

Kenny Miller, in my opinion, is past his best, and guys like Griffiths should be in ahead of him and I also think he should be in ahead of Ross McCormack.

If he had scored the amount of goals he has scored this season for Celtic, I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't have been overlooked.

I'm not necessarily arguing he shouldn't be picked ahead of these guys. I'm saying I don't think he would be.

Paisley Hibby
07-03-2013, 01:33 PM

:agree:

Since90+2
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Thats a disgrace that Griffiths has not been picked.

Like someone else has said if he had scored 19 SPL goals this season at Celtic I guarantee you he would be in that squad.

GreenCastle
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Delighted he's not in - selfish but I want him fresh and injury free for Hibs games.

I noticed he has scored 19 so far this season in 28 games - who is the record Hibs goalscorer in the SPL in one season and with how many?

Mon Dieu4
07-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Sparky wouldn't suit a perm anyway

Part/Time Supporter
07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Delighted he's not in - selfish but I want him fresh and injury free for Hibs games.

I noticed he has scored 19 so far this season in 28 games - who is the record Hibs goalscorer in the SPL in one season and with how many?

Stokes in 2009/10 with 21 league goals.

Stokes and Riordan (2004/05, 20) are the only Hibs players to score 20 league goals in a season since Gordon in 72/73!

ALF TUPPER
07-03-2013, 01:52 PM
If Leigh continues his current form in years to come he will get his caps. No worries.
For now, it's suits me that he focussing all his efforts on Hibernian.

GGTTH

Jim44
07-03-2013, 02:05 PM
If Leigh continues his current form in years to come he will get his caps. No worries.
For now, it's suits me that he focussing all his efforts on Hibernian.

GGTTH

Big incentive for Griffiths to carry on scoring and give Strachan more food for thought. Griffiths is presently of more value and importance to Hibs than an aimless Scotland team.

GreenCastle
07-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Stokes in 2009/10 with 21 league goals.

Stokes and Riordan (2004/05, 20) are the only Hibs players to score 20 league goals in a season since Gordon in 72/73!

He should reach 21 and hopefully beat that with 22 with several games still to play.

Would be great to give him a massive cheer when he does :agree:

lord bunberry
07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Griffiths should have been in the squad. I've nothing against kenny miller but we should be looking towards getting our younger players ready for the next qualifying campaign. I doubt kenny miller will be still playing for Scotland by the time the euro qualifiers kick off

EdinMike
07-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Good !

Pointless game, in a pointless campaign. Keep him fresh for Hibernian.

GreenCastle
07-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Griffiths should have been in the squad. I've nothing against kenny miller but we should be looking towards getting our younger players ready for the next qualifying campaign. I doubt kenny miller will be still playing for Scotland by the time the euro qualifiers kick off

This is what I find strange - Miller whose hardly played recently gets picked.

LG whose on form and scoring doesn't.

Seeing a LG and Fletcher partnership would have been interesting.

worcesterhibby
07-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Actually quite excited at the prospect of George Boyd in a Scotland Shirt. Class player, who should be in the premiership

http://youtu.be/fO9U5zGEc7s

worcesterhibby
07-03-2013, 02:31 PM
This is worth watching too...George Boyd does a Chic Charley/Beckham special

http://youtu.be/rNTd1MgJgVg

EdinMike
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I've said it before but I still don't like this "My Granny played for Scotland" rule...

jamieross
07-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Is George Boyd the fella GJP tried to sign for Forrest but the deal was off because of his eyesight?

Funkydunc
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Aye

worcesterhibby
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I've said it before but I still don't like this "My Granny played for Scotland" rule...

I don't disagree, but if we have to have English players playing for Scotland at least let's have Flair Players

hibs4thecup1988
07-03-2013, 03:29 PM

He should reach 21 and hopefully beat that with 22 with several games still to play.

Would be great to give him a massive cheer when he does :agree:

Hat trick on sunday would sort it out nicely

Judas Iscariot
07-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Is George Boyd the fella GJP tried to sign for Forrest but the deal was off because of his eyesight?

Who? Boyd's or GJP's?

Bristolhibby
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM

It's the only thing that will allow my boys to play for Scotland, as by quirk of fate I was born in England when my Dad was working down in England.

Married an English girl. Would be gutted if my lads played for England and not Scotland.

My brainwashing must continue!

J

jamieross
07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Boyd but I wouldn't look past GJPs eyesight being Tom Kite.

Moon unit
07-03-2013, 05:38 PM

Aye, but see Kenny Miller is in - playing at Vancouver Nae'bdeez!, ...picked on current form? :confused:

eastterrace
07-03-2013, 07:26 PM

agree with this he aint gonna get a game with these guys in front of him, and anyway would you want to play for that mince never been bothered about scotland since ealy 2000 then downhill all the way.:aok:

AlbertK86
07-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm actually pleased he ain't been picked for a few reasons

1. The last time he played he went on a bit of a barren run for us... so hopefully he can keep up his recent good goalscoring form
2. If he did play and score it may lessen the chances of us getting him full time as more teams will be interested
3. The other players in the squad won't be filling his head full of nonsense about better wages elsewhere
4. Cannae get injured if he aint playing
5. He will be even more determined to show GS how good he is and shine even more for us .. hopefully by smacking another hat-trick past the yams on Sunday

GGTTH :pfgwa

Aldo
07-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Happy with this decision for the team however disappointed for Leigh cos some if his performances have been exceptional.

I would think PF will be v happy with this.

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2013, 08:51 PM
It's the only thing that will allow my boys to play for Scotland, as by quirk of fate I was born in England when my Dad was working down in England.

Married an English girl. Would be gutted if my lads played for England and not Scotland.

My brainwashing must continue!

J

If both their parents are English why would you want them to play for Scotland?

erin go bragh
07-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Cause he is scottish but born in England :cb

ggtth

Scott Allan Key
07-03-2013, 10:49 PM

My dad's English through and through but supports Scotland at sports. He lived up here for most of his adult life and holidayed here when a child. He wore an SRU tie when Scotland won the rugby Grand Slam in front of his English colleagues. He loves Scotland. Home is where the heart is surely?

I wouldn't care if a player is English and plays for Scotland as long as they play for the jersey and shows a love for the country. The same goes for any immigrant schooled here who qualifies for Scotland, e.g. Islam Feruz, I don't question their allegiance by their birth country or parentage. I'd hope we were welcoming to decent people from all over, as Scots, including the English!

I'm sure you were delighted that John Barnes chose to play for England, performances aside, rather than Jamaica as an English Liverpool fan?

jabis
07-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Actually quite excited at the prospect of George Boyd in a Scotland Shirt. Class player, who should be in the premiership

http://youtu.be/fO9U5zGEc7s

splendid,happy to see him in a Scotland top.Anyone got a Griff video ?

SouthamptonHibs
08-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm off to the match v Wales gutted Leigh is not in for Miller I don't understand why? Strange choice imo

HibeeB
08-03-2013, 12:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rniWwX94k

splendid,happy to see him in a Scotland top.Anyone got a Griff video ?

Hermit Crab
08-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Top scorer in spl and doesn't get a call up?? Nothing changes with the Scotland set up. Kenny miller!! Really?? Should be nowhere near the squad. Also GMS spend at least 8 weeks out earlier this season and still gets a call up???

spike220
08-03-2013, 03:29 AM
Top scorer in spl and doesn't get a call up?? Nothing changes with the Scotland set up. Kenny miller!! Really?? Should be nowhere near the squad. Also GMS spend at least 8 weeks out earlier this season and still gets a call up???

I honestly dont care about Scotland football team, they are national embarrassment.

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2013, 08:50 AM
My dad's English through and through but supports Scotland at sports. He lived up here for most of his adult life and holidayed here when a child. He wore an SRU tie when Scotland won the rugby Grand Slam in front of his English colleagues. He loves Scotland. Home is where the heart is surely?

I wouldn't care if a player is English and plays for Scotland as long as they play for the jersey and shows a love for the country. The same goes for any immigrant schooled here who qualifies for Scotland, e.g. Islam Feruz, I don't question their allegiance by their birth country or parentage. I'd hope we were welcoming to decent people from all over, as Scots, including the English!

I'm sure you were delighted that John Barnes chose to play for England, performances aside, rather than Jamaica as an English Liverpool fan?

Thanks for answering the question even though it wasn't directed at you! As for John Barnes playing for England I couldn't care less TBH, delighted he chose Liverpool that's all.

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Cause he is scottish but born in England :cb

ggtth

Oh I see!

Treadstone
08-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Let it be known I can be described as anything anti-Yam. Webster FFS , Christ on a bike ! Thought this was just a Levein love-in with him. Gordon , be your own man FFS ! What if anything even in an age bereft of decent centre halves makes you think Webster could bring anything to the squad never mind the team ?

Saying that it now sets up perfect on Sunday for the ignored to tear a new one for the included!

Hermit Crab
08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I honestly dont care about Scotland football team, they are national embarrassment.

GGTTH

Me neither but I thought I'd add my tuppence worth GG.