PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final Display

Sect43
06-03-2013, 06:00 PM
After a fantastic victory against Kilmarnock, Section 43 have been planning a display for the Semi Final at Hampden against Falkirk. Most of you will be aware that we carried out two displays at Hampden last year and we are looking to deliver another eye catching display in April.

The previous displays would not have been possible without donations from you, the Hibernian support. Although all our members contribute financially on a regular basis, the reality is that our small group of 25-30 cannot fund this single handily.

To allow us to turn Hampden into another sea of green, please dig deep and support the cause. We are finalising the pricing for this display and are happy to share the total costs to keep you all updated. As with any of our displays, this one will again be related to Hibernian Football Club.

Many thanks in advance. We look forward to joining you all in supporting our club to the final.

PayPal – section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk

Please PM for Bank account details.

Cash donations also welcomed at home matches. You all know where we are located.

cocopops1875
06-03-2013, 06:31 PM
After a fantastic victory against Kilmarnock, Section 43 have been planning a display for the Semi Final at Hampden against Falkirk. Most of you will be aware that we carried out two displays at Hampden last year and we are looking to deliver another eye catching display in April.

The previous displays would not have been possible without donations from you, the Hibernian support. Although all our members contribute financially on a regular basis, the reality is that our small group of 25-30 cannot fund this single handily.

To allow us to turn Hampden into another sea of green, please dig deep and support the cause. We are finalising the pricing for this display and are happy to share the total costs to keep you all updated. As with any of our displays, this one will again be related to Hibernian Football Club.

Many thanks in advance. We look forward to joining you all in supporting our club to the final.

Cash donations also welcomed at home matches. You all know where we are located.

I dont want to sound like im having a pop as i love what you guys do :flag: But wondered what the costs of a semi display would add up to (by cost i mean outlay thats never seen again not like the cane flags in the east that get gathered back in and re-used) and what a final display would cost ?.

The reason i ask is are we/you wasting money on throw away items such as card as opposed to "Investing" in bigger permanent flags and banners that could be used on Big match days for years to come? as much as i dislike that minging mob and wasnt actually keen on their cup final flag (and as much as i loved the SOL Card Display) in these lean financial times i just wonder did they get the better investment for their money?

As i said just a few thoughts and i love what you guys do Keep The Faith :flag::flag::flag:

Sect43
06-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Over the last 18 months we have obtained a lot of permanent stock. Banners, flags, wavers, surfers, drums etc that will continue to be used.

For Hampden, due to layout of it, we are looking to do a large surfer (size of a section at Hampden) and card with the rest. The exact details will not be disclosed yet. Card is a one off and cannot be reused. For 5000 pieces of A2 card this costs approx £800. The banner will be handmade for £3-400.

Hearts 'flag and streamers' cost £8000. Yes, eight grand! We do things different from that mob by ensuring our surfers are handmade. Takes a lot of time and effort, but you save a hell of a lot of money.

Diclonius
06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
I see I have recieved a text with this exact same message. :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
06-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Good work. I will give money but it won't be for a couple of weeks (pay day)

06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
You guys do an absolutely fantastic job at creating a wonderful atmosphere at Easter Road and the displays last year at Hampden were absolutely first class! We may have been beaten on the park in the final but we certainly won off it with the SOL display!

More than happy to make a wee donation towards putting on a display at hampden again. Have you asked the club about doing another bucket collection outside ER on match days?

:flag:

Kris1875
06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Delighted you guys are doing this again was great to be part of last year , ill defo be putting money in for this . Keep up the good work !! GGTTH

ano hibby
06-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Made a donation mate, keep up good work, cheers

MCameron
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Great work guys. I was wondering if there had been any contact with the club to see if they'd be prepared to do a £1 for £1 matching scheme?

So say I give you a fiver the club agree to put a fiver to the collection too?

duffers
07-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Bump.
I'll give some cash on Sunday.

Emerald
07-03-2013, 08:20 AM

I think you're doing a great job and I'm very happy to donate. However, after you tried out various things last year I think the flags were by far the most successful. They really enhanced the atmosphere whereas the cards are a real hassle and in my opinion don't add to the atmosphere. It stops you being able to see and applaud you're team onto the park and its gone in a flash. At least with the flags, they can last the whole game and could be taken home for use another day.

Hope you don't take any offence to my view but just trying to give some feedback from me and others I've heard talking about it.

Carry on the good work though. :aok:

vercol36
07-03-2013, 09:25 AM

Alright mate, I gave you guys twenty quid for stickers just before the Hibs Hearts cup final and I keep forgetting to collect them from you (always too blootered!). Do you just fancy putting my twenty towards your display?

07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
I think you're doing a great job and I'm very happy to donate. However, after you tried out various things last year I think the flags were by far the most successful. They really enhanced the atmosphere whereas the cards are a real hassle and in my opinion don't add to the atmosphere. It stops you being able to see and applaud you're team onto the park and its gone in a flash. At least with the flags, they can last the whole game and could be taken home for use another day.

Hope you don't take any offence to my view but just trying to give some feedback from me and others I've heard talking about it.

I agree, thought the card display, especially the SOL looked amazing but think flags are the best way to go because as you said, they can be used through out the game and on other occassions.

As i mentioned though, great job sect 43 keep up the good work guys :top marks

GlenrothesHibee
07-03-2013, 11:22 AM
I like the card displays. Ours and Aberdeens displays in last years semi were fantastc and in my opinion better than flags

Keith_M
07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
What's wrong with just throwing 5,000 toilet rolls when the teams come out (in streamer fashion)?

Simple, effective and cheap :wink:

down-the-slope
07-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Donation sent - Tell Mick no spray painting in his kitchen this time :tee hee:

The final display will live long in the memory......much longer than the match

Fans turned up........team didn't

cleanyman
07-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I'll be chippin' in a tenner.

The two displays last year were fantastic.

Sect43
07-03-2013, 12:48 PM
5000 flags would cost well into four figures.

The Crabbies flags last year cost then 75p per flag I believe. £15k+

Sect43
07-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Lloyds TSB

Thanks for your support

lyonhibs
07-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Lloyds TSB

Thanks for your support

Is that some random's bank details??? I wouldn't necessarily want to be putting them online on a public forum......

JIm
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
What's wrong with just throwing 5,000 toilet rolls when the teams come out (in streamer fashion)?

Simple, effective and cheap :wink:

Have you seen the price of toilet paper these days :greengrin god damn recession.

Sect43
07-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Not much you can do with a sortcode and account number only.

Thanks to those who have donated so far.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Not much you can do with a sortcode and account number only.

Thanks to those who have donated so far.

And thank you from Nwenko Kandu, from Lagos in Nigeria. :greengrin

djs69
07-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Wee donation made. You guys put in lot of effort and have made a big improvement, home and away, the cup final display was superb

ALF TUPPER
07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
And thank you from Nwenko Kandu, from Lagos in Nigeria. :greengrin

Quality hehehehe :-D

down-the-slope
08-03-2013, 10:04 AM
can we have a paper plane making competition with the A2 card rather than ripping up this time please ....

RIP
08-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Ross - I'll get a whipround from the family and see you Sunday

What we need now is Doors Open - The Sequel !!

Sweep
08-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Cheeky wee tenner sent :greengrin

Cropley10
09-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Very happy to be able to donate a tenner. Keep up the good work.

CraigHibee
09-03-2013, 09:57 AM
dont get paid until next friday but will definitely be donating, been really impressed with previous displays :agree:

HibbyRod
09-03-2013, 10:17 AM
can we have a paper plane making competition with the A2 card rather than ripping up this time please ....

Hi J.

Your post made me remember being at a Real Betis match a few years ago.

There were hundreds of paper aeroplanes being made and thrown by the Betis fans.

can you imagine Hampden with hundreds of these flying about! ? :hilarious

Sect43
09-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Half way there chaps, cheers for the donations.

Sect43
18-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Bump.

GreenCastle
18-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Not sure what your planning for the semi final but loved this flag from earlier in the season -

http://www.sect43.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1696-HIBS-vs-Aberdeen

Good colours - simple and clear message :thumbsup:

18-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Over the last 18 months we have obtained a lot of permanent stock. Banners, flags, wavers, surfers, drums etc that will continue to be used.

For Hampden, due to layout of it, we are looking to do a large surfer (size of a section at Hampden) and card with the rest. The exact details will not be disclosed yet. Card is a one off and cannot be reused. For 5000 pieces of A2 card this costs approx £800. The banner will be handmade for £3-400.

Hearts 'flag and streamers' cost £8000. Yes, eight grand! We do things different from that mob by ensuring our surfers are handmade. Takes a lot of time and effort, but you save a hell of a lot of money.

Hearts have never been known for their good financial management!

GlenrothesHibee
21-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Did Sect43 take note of St Mirrens display? Looking at their forum they were complaining about lack of instructions, cards too small (think they were using A4) etc. As a result the end product wasnt great. I think we had a similar issue at last years semi but the display at the final was great. Looking forward to this years effort!

down-the-slope
21-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi J.

Your post made me remember being at a Real Betis match a few years ago.

There were hundreds of paper aeroplanes being made and thrown by the Betis fans.

can you imagine Hampden with hundreds of these flying about! ? :hilarious

:thumbsup: now that I would love to see....

edinburghhibee
21-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Not of one of them takes your eye out..... PETRIE!!!!!

Skanko79
21-03-2013, 04:32 PM
think i mentioned it before but have you guys not thought about a race night or that?

if there are a core of 25-30 of you surely you can drum up 80-100 folk for a race night. im sure maybe even the hibs club or any of the pubs in the leith area with a function room would be happy to let you have it.

when we started our football team from the iona we had one and raised a decent wedge (enough for strips, training gear etc etc) with about 40-50 folk in the wee room at the side of the iona.

barcahibs
21-03-2013, 04:56 PM

Got to agree with this.

I don't really see the point of card displays they only last a second and generally look pretty poor anyway. Scottish supporters just don't have the fan culture to make these things work, it all just comes across as 'organised fun' (which I'm sure you'll all remember from your school days, was the worst kind of fun :wink:)

I want to watch and applaud my team as they come onto the park not hide behind a bit of paper. For me one of the lingering memories of the league cup final in 2007 was watching the teams come onto the pitch. Most of the players looked terrified but I vividly remember Rob Jones striding out onto that pitch like he owned the place, looking every inch a winner. In my head I knew we'd won it right then. (admittedly he buggered it up in the second half by hanging back to finish his cuppa before coming out :greengrin )

I've been in amongst the card displays the last two times and held my card up but if I find a card on my seat this time I'm afraid it'll be staying there. Obviously if I can avoid the section where the cards are I will but as I'll be sitting with friends this is partly out of my control! :greengrin

Again, no offence meant, I think in general Section 43 are doing a good job, just trying to give some honest feedback.

Sect43
21-03-2013, 05:08 PM
We would never get 100% participation; however 20-25 secs of people's time is all we are asking for - not to miss the match.

KdyHby
02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Please PM me the bank account details for a wee donation

Cropley10
02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Got to agree with this.

I don't really see the point of card displays they only last a second and generally look pretty poor anyway. Scottish supporters just don't have the fan culture to make these things work, it all just comes across as 'organised fun' (which I'm sure you'll all remember from your school days, was the worst kind of fun :wink:)

I want to watch and applaud my team as they come onto the park not hide behind a bit of paper. For me one of the lingering memories of the league cup final in 2007 was watching the teams come onto the pitch. Most of the players looked terrified but I vividly remember Rob Jones striding out onto that pitch like he owned the place, looking every inch a winner. In my head I knew we'd won it right then. (admittedly he buggered it up in the second half by hanging back to finish his cuppa before coming out :greengrin )

I've been in amongst the card displays the last two times and held my card up but if I find a card on my seat this time I'm afraid it'll be staying there. Obviously if I can avoid the section where the cards are I will but as I'll be sitting with friends this is partly out of my control! :greengrin

Again, no offence meant, I think in general Section 43 are doing a good job, just trying to give some honest feedback.

Ooh I love an uber fan. Yep you just leave it on your seat, maybe fold your arms while everyone else joins in. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Ooh I love an uber fan. Yep you just leave it on your seat, maybe fold your arms while everyone else joins in. :rolleyes:

Harsh, not everyone wants to participate and he has explained why.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Harsh, not everyone wants to participate and he has explained why.

Agreed.

I don't mind joining in but i'd rather watch the teams coming out and the last minute build up tbh. Missed all of that in May. Just a pity the display couldn't have been during the game!

HibeeN
02-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Bit harsh! I'll be holding the card up but I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone who didn't because they wanted to see the teams coming out.

iwasthere1972
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
5000 flags would cost well into four figures.

The Crabbies flags last year cost then 75p per flag I believe. £15k+

75p a flag. Yikes

Just thought I'd mention that the first wave of my flag the flag fell off and I accidentally wacked the guy in front of me on the head.

Keep up the good work.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-04-2013, 07:42 AM
75p a flag. YikesJust thought I'd mention that the first wave of my flag the flag fell off and I accidentally wacked the guy in front of me on the head. Keep up the good work.

and that quality conscious car maker Toyota use the Kaisen method for quality control adopted by others as a bible of sorts. What could possible go wrong ....

GreenCastle
08-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Any plans to take all the large flags like last year against Aberdeen? Looked decent at last years semi final on the empty seats :aok:

GORDONSMITH7
08-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Sent to all St. Patrick's Branch members...........

From St. Pat's Branch members and Section 43 activists Mick, Ross and Jamie.

Busy time. Friday saw the completion of the surfer banner. A meet up by 6 guys in the East Stand location and we were under way within 30 minutes and sewing the last 2 panels to the previous three. During this time we had Branch member Jamie And two more fellow hibbies who came and delivered us plastic sacks. The card is immaculate. Whilst 3 people continued on the sewing 3 started rolling up the card and taping it. The sewing was done in a total of about 1 hour ( we are now good at this). So it was a quick outdoor visit to the East Stand to unfurl the surfer. This was to be the first time anyone had seen the whole thing in it's finished state. To say I am proud of what a few people have achieved in such a short time would be an understatement. Having done this type of thing before with other banners/surfers I think I am in a position to say THIS IS THE BEST EVER . When that surfer goes up for maybe 1-2 minutes at Hampden we truly believe that it was well worth the effort. We are so proud of the younger element who chose to spend their time creating this and not sitting at home on the xbox. It's amazing that in a time where there are many social distractions, folks continue to attend our flag makings etc.. It will be televised around the country and we hope it is a great representation of this club and it's fans. Today there are sect43 members in the east still rolling and taping card together, they have given up their Sunday to roll up card, I work Sundays so not good for me to attend with a 100 mile round trip.

The plan will now go as follows for the Semi............

Friday pick up hire van and 2 other sect members.

Head to E.R. and pick up all display items including St. Patrick's Branch flag.

Head to Hampden for 11-12 and start outlining the card.

Drop hire van back off.

Main body arrives around 3pm to cover the stands in card.

About 7pm we should all be done and dusted.

Off hame for beers n pizza.

Head to game Saturday, watch Hibs win a tense thriller.

Start the whole planning process again.

Next update will be after Fridays display is set up

GGTTH

MICK

BIG G

HibeeN
08-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Well done on all the hard work, looking forward to seeing how it turns out! :thumbsup:

08-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Sent to all St. Patrick's Branch members...........

From St. Pat's Branch members and Section 43 activists Mick, Ross and Jamie.

Busy time. Friday saw the completion of the surfer banner. A meet up by 6 guys in the East Stand location and we were under way within 30 minutes and sewing the last 2 panels to the previous three. During this time we had Branch member Jamie And two more fellow hibbies who came and delivered us plastic sacks. The card is immaculate. Whilst 3 people continued on the sewing 3 started rolling up the card and taping it. The sewing was done in a total of about 1 hour ( we are now good at this). So it was a quick outdoor visit to the East Stand to unfurl the surfer. This was to be the first time anyone had seen the whole thing in it's finished state. To say I am proud of what a few people have achieved in such a short time would be an understatement. Having done this type of thing before with other banners/surfers I think I am in a position to say THIS IS THE BEST EVER . When that surfer goes up for maybe 1-2 minutes at Hampden we truly believe that it was well worth the effort. We are so proud of the younger element who chose to spend their time creating this and not sitting at home on the xbox. It's amazing that in a time where there are many social distractions, folks continue to attend our flag makings etc.. It will be televised around the country and we hope it is a great representation of this club and it's fans. Today there are sect43 members in the east still rolling and taping card together, they have given up their Sunday to roll up card, I work Sundays so not good for me to attend with a 100 mile round trip.

The plan will now go as follows for the Semi............

Friday pick up hire van and 2 other sect members.

Head to E.R. and pick up all display items including St. Patrick's Branch flag.

Head to Hampden for 11-12 and start outlining the card.

Drop hire van back off.

Main body arrives around 3pm to cover the stands in card.

About 7pm we should all be done and dusted.

Off hame for beers n pizza.

Head to game Saturday, watch Hibs win a tense thriller.

Start the whole planning process again.

Next update will be after Fridays display is set up

GGTTH

MICK

BIG G

Fantastic guys! Massive well done to everybody who has got involved, you guys are a huge credit to the club!

:pfgwa

JohnStephens91
08-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Got to agree with this.

I agree, watching the players walk out as I applaud them is something that I have always done and enjoy doing. I held up the card I had at the semi-final last season but I never had one in the final, instead I had one of those flags. I understand and appreciate all the work Section 43 are doing and have done but the holding up of a bit of card is not something I enjoy doing unfortunately. But if everyone in front of me is holding up the bit of card I'll do it anyway as I won't be able to see the players walking out in any case.

DC_Hibs
08-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Falkirk Ultras Division are a fairly new group and apparently have something up their (wizards) sleeve for the big semi.
Would be good to see that on display.

Mainz had a display for their 108 year anniversary against Bremen
A group from Frankfurt slipped in another banner which was duly unfurled and read along the lines of "mainz, sons of whores, honduras gang"

http://www.berliner-kurier.de/fussball/guerilla-aktion-im-fremden-stadion-eintracht-fans-unterwandern-choreo-der-erzrivalen-aus-mainz,7168900,22273916.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PadTiaXu94M

Slipped in, slipped out, Job done!

08-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Falkirk Ultras Division are a fairly new group and apparently have something up their (wizards) sleeve for the big semi.

Mainz had a display for their 108 year anniversary against Bremen
A group from Frankfurt slipped in another banner which was duly unfurled and read along the lines of "mainz, sons of whores, honduras gang"

http://www.berliner-kurier.de/fussball/guerilla-aktion-im-fremden-stadion-eintracht-fans-unterwandern-choreo-der-erzrivalen-aus-mainz,7168900,22273916.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PadTiaXu94M

Slipped in, slipped out, Job done!

So they are FUD's then :greengrin

12-04-2013, 10:52 AM
can't wait to see what you guys have planned for tomorrow!

with 17k + hibees there it will look fantastic :thumbsup:

:flag::pfgwa

Jamie
12-04-2013, 10:15 PM
can't wait to see what you guys have planned for tomorrow!

with 17k + hibees there it will look fantastic :thumbsup:

:flag::pfgwa

helped with this tonight, its a cracker, the pride of edinburgh surfer is also in the east, G2 :agree:

Jamie
12-04-2013, 10:16 PM

well they have not sought permission from hampden as no falkirk display is planned :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
12-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Fantastic guys! Massive well done to everybody who has got involved, you guys are a huge credit to the club!

:pfgwa

Indeed. Great effort, can't wait to see the results. :aok:

007 Mickey Weir
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Gutted to miss tomorrow. Will be travelling during game so I will have to put up with the radio to shout us on. Hopefully there will be plenty of photos of the display and 18000 celebrating Hibees at the end. GGTTH

RoxburghHibs
12-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Gutted to miss tomorrow. Will be travelling during game so I will have to put up with the radio to shout us on. Hopefully there will be plenty of photos of the display and 18000 celebrating Hibees at the end. GGTTH

Part time supporter

.Sean.
13-04-2013, 03:41 AM
I know what it i-is :na na:

ian cruise
13-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Great display today guys. Well done.

Billy
13-04-2013, 09:06 PM

Vini1875
13-04-2013, 09:44 PM
What's on the big white banner in the middle!? I was under it so had no clue....

Picture of Cannon Hannan with the words Edward Hannan.

Godsahibby
13-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Was under the 1st 1 of 1875 and watches the display on the screens. Massive hats off to the work you guys put in looked amazing!!

DH1875
13-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Was under the 1st 1 of 1875 and watches the display on the screens. Massive hats off to the work you guys put in looked amazing!!

Where is the 2nd one in 1875? ;) :) :]

Cabbage East
13-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Getting upset over bits of card :faf:

Get a ride

essexhibee
13-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Great effort lads well done looked great. Im somewhere under the top end of the five :greengrin

Glory Lurker
13-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Errrr, ok.

Toodle pip.

And it's "don't come here​ much"..................

And you're letting him off with the heinous misspelling of "heid"? :greengrin