PDA

View Full Version : Pressley away from Falkirk?

Part/Time Supporter
06-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Given permission to speak with Coventry, apparently.

Spike Mandela
06-03-2013, 03:07 PM
“@JaneLewisSport: #Falkirk have given #CoventryCity permission to speak to Steven Pressley. More on BBC Sport soon. #BBCSportScot”

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Just read a tweet from Mark Donaldson on this. Good news if he goes before Semi Final.

Since90+2
06-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Im shocked that a club of Coventry's considerable size are looking at Pressley.

His managerial record is pretty average really and he hasnt exactly got Falkirk flying in the 1st Division as they are sitting 5th currently.

Deek01
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Got a friend who got pic with him at the airport.

LancashireHibby
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM

His managerial record is pretty average really and he hasnt exactly got Falkirk flying in the 1st Division as they are sitting 5th currently.
Coventry are seriously skint and might not even have a home ground at the end of the season, plus I'm sure they will have taken to account the amount of young players Pressley seems to have brought through.

Treadstone
06-03-2013, 03:15 PM

Must have a good agent. Can't really see the Coventry headhunters saying "see if we can get that guy that has took Falkirk to fifth in the Scottish First Division"

fat freddy
06-03-2013, 03:15 PM
i remember him saying that falkirk would not get relegated with him in charge, he was very outspoken on this matter and he went public on his managerial brilliance with pieces in all the papers about how he was going to keep the bairns up...falkirk got relegated a few months later.

JimBHibees
06-03-2013, 03:17 PM

He used to play with Coventry.

#FromTheCapital
06-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I've heard that they like hairy fannies down in Coventry, must say i'm surprised that it's this type of hairy fanny though :duck:

Gus Fring
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
This could be good news for us if Falkirk go in to the semi managerless.

Heisenberg
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I suggest Jumbo Jim goes back to Falkirk before the semi. Would be most enjoyable should we win.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
This could be good news for us if Falkirk go in to the semi managerless.

It's over a month until the semi final, If he goes this week then I'm sure they would have replacement in before the semi.

GlenrothesHibee
06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Coventry are seriously skint and might not even have a home ground at the end of the season, plus I'm sure they will have taken to account the amount of young players Pressley seems to have brought through.

They should maybe talk to John Mcglynn then ;-)

onionman
06-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe McCoist to Falkirk a chance to move to a bigger club :greengrin:greengrin

Mikey
06-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Pressley out, McGlynn in :agree:

Pete
06-03-2013, 03:55 PM

It's not all about the short-term though. His philosophy is spot on and if he was given a bigger stage then who knows?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I've heard that they like hairy fannies down in Coventry, must say i'm surprised that it's this type of hairy fanny though :duck:

Thought Neilsen was at Leicester ;)

Brizo
06-03-2013, 05:27 PM
i remember him saying that falkirk would not get relegated with him in charge, he was very outspoken on this matter and he went public on his managerial brilliance with pieces in all the papers about how he was going to keep the bairns up...falkirk got relegated a few months later.

LIke a previous Falkirk manager he loves the sound of his own voice and telling all and sundry how good he is. A more articulate version of Yogi but with less substance.

I hope it goes spectacularly wrong for him at Coventry. The downside of that is as a media darling he will no doubt end up spraffing his pompous pish on the BBC.

Bostonhibby
06-03-2013, 05:32 PM

much cheapness, if it doesn't work, much cheapness to get out.

Surprised the Yam job never went to him, mind you they have a queue as long as the turnstile for Graham Rix's hot tub lining up for the countries "hot seat" so they are not going to appoint just anyone.

NYHibby
06-03-2013, 05:33 PM
LIke a previous Falkirk manager he loves the sound of his own voice and telling all and sundry how good he is. A more articulate version of Yogi but with less substance.

My Falkirk friend said exactly the same thing to me when he was linked to the United job.

Heisenberg
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Mcglynn going in would be just as enjoyable should a comfortable win come our way.

06-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Pressley out, McGlynn in :agree:

:pray:

heretoday
06-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I suggest Jumbo Jim goes back to Falkirk before the semi. Would be most enjoyable should we win.

He'll be wanting to leave the sinking ship at Dunfermline.

cloudy
06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
If pressley goes I wouldn't b surprised to see JC and Evans at falkirk

truehibernian
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM

I think they will go for Paul Hartley personally.

keep the faith
06-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Was thinking that too. Very good young side who play some good stuff.

Hibernia Na Eir
07-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Must have a good agent. Can't really see the Coventry headhunters saying "see if we can get that guy that has took Falkirk to fifth in the Scottish First Division"

you HAVE to think there's better quality down south than the dreary, fool that is Steven Pressley.
looks like a done deal though. Oh well, one dreary sod leaves and another will continue the role, Alex Smith. Monotone United.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-03-2013, 06:57 AM
The football ideas that both Pressley and Hughes share are commendable but difficult to implement at the levels they operate at. I remember when the late Tommy Burns got the hook from Reading, the then owner said they could see what he wanted to achieve but there was no way they could afford the players to do it.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Was thinking that too. Very good young side who play some good stuff.

I have not looked at the tables, but someone further up the thread mentions they are 5th in the 1st division. That says to me they are a mediocre 1st division side.

And regarding the semi, they are a team we obviously need to respect but should not fear.

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Depending on who comes in it could give them a bit of a boost. That said, IF we play to our potential then we should beat them.

Part/Time Supporter
07-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Papers are suggesting Pressley to Coventry will happen and that Falkirk will just use Alex Smith (old ex-Aberdeen and Dundee Utd manager) until the end of the season.

Paisley Hibby
07-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Papers are suggesting Pressley to Coventry will happen and that Falkirk will just use Alex Smith (old ex-Aberdeen and Dundee Utd manager) until the end of the season.

Radio Scotland just reported that he has agreed personal terms with Coventry.

Golden Bear
07-03-2013, 03:28 PM

It's a rapid rise in the managerial stakes for Pressley in what must be a great career move for him.

With his background, I've never been his greatest fan but I must admit that he certainly talked a good game in the TV interviews.

SMAXXA
08-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Confirmed by SSN a 3.5 Year deal, good luck to him. Always want Scottish managers to go down there and do well, maybe with the exception of Levein as cant stand him.

steakbake
08-03-2013, 10:26 AM
It's a rapid rise in the managerial stakes for Pressley in what must be a great career move for him.

With his background, I've never been his greatest fan but I must admit that he certainly talked a good game in the TV interviews.

Good luck to him.

Even with the background, he did at least act with some integrity as part of the Riccarton 3 all those years ago. I hope this will be the stepping stone to a great career for him.

poolman
08-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Fud, I'll never forget his greetin pus at the Matty Jack :not worth game, priceless :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBQlenWbBk

NOLA
08-03-2013, 10:47 AM
good luck to him at coventry, always looked out for their results since we signed Houchy all those years ago, interesting to see if falkirk just put alex smith in charge till end of season or if they go for someone now

DH1875
08-03-2013, 10:51 AM
So is this a good thing or a bad thing for us?

Oscar T Grouch
08-03-2013, 10:52 AM

He must be aboot 100 now, at least late 70s.

Cropley10
08-03-2013, 11:11 AM

That's a blow. Falkirk will have a new man in charge and all their players will be busting a gut to play for the new man.

Just our luck:grr:

DH1875
08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
That's a blow. Falkirk will have a new man in charge and all their players will be busting a gut to play for the new man.

See, thats my thinking as well. This might not be a good thing.

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2013, 11:21 AM

As opposed to our players busting a gut to get to the final and finally putting last years mauling to bed, what's the problem.

monktonharp
08-03-2013, 11:27 AM
As opposed to our players busting a gut to get to the final and finally putting last years mauling to bed, what's the problem.and we also have a manager who will still be smarting, at the doin' we got in last year's competiytion. Fenlon took his first Irish team to a final, got beat and came back to win it the next year, did he not?

Broken Gnome
08-03-2013, 12:06 PM
See, thats my thinking as well. This might not be a good thing.

I'd have thought it was a good thing, would think his presence and a Falkirk side that did so well against Celtic at Hampden was a fair banana skin for us.

Let's take a repeat of the last time we played them in the cup....

BEEJ
08-03-2013, 04:18 PM
I'd have thought it was a good thing, would think his presence and a Falkirk side that did so well against Celtic at Hampden was a fair banana skin for us.
:agree:

Unsettling for them. Must be more to our advantage than not, on balance.

Golden Bear
08-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Alex Smith has been appointed as Interim Manager so there is some continuity. Falkirk may well take their time before appointing another Manager.

AugustaHibs
08-03-2013, 04:29 PM
good luck to him at coventry, always looked out for their results since we signed Houchy all those years ago, interesting to see if falkirk just put alex smith in charge till end of season or if they go for someone now

Also signed Roy O'Donovan from them, top class IMO.:cb