PDA

View Full Version : There's no money in scottish Fitba

degenerated
06-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Unless of course you're Neil Doncaster. Despite showing he hasn't the aptitude, ability or integrity to run the game he took a 16% pay rise to see his salary rise from 172 to 200k.
At a time when when SPL income dropped by over 6% and payments to clubs fell by 9% then it just shows how shameless this ****er really is.

If he had a modicum of decency he'd do the decent thing and GTF.

Geo_1875
06-03-2013, 07:33 AM
It's the fault of the pricks that agreed his contract. You can't blame the guy for accepting a pay rise.

KeithTheHibby
06-03-2013, 07:44 AM
It's the fault of the pricks that agreed his contract. You can't blame the guy for accepting a pay rise.

Doesn't need to accept it though does he? The man is a complete fanny and should have been sacked after the sevco issue last summer never mind give a ****ing pay rise!

Gatecrasher
06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Doesn't need to accept it though does he? The man is a complete fanny and should have been sacked after the sevco issue last summer never mind give a ****ing pay rise!

I would have given the useless tosspot the boot long before then, he is well over staying his welcome IMO

cocopops1875
06-03-2013, 07:55 AM

Aye mate I always refuse a pay rise

Big_Franck
06-03-2013, 08:08 AM
After the way Doncaster and Regan tried to bully SPL and then SFL clubs into accepting a newco Rangers into the league they should have walked. How they survived that i'll never know. To then give the guy a payrise is a disgrace!! Scottish football is an absolute shambles

chrisski33
06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
So if your boss offered you a pay rise you wouldnt accept it? Mind you think the percentage rise is a tad high!

marinello59
06-03-2013, 08:20 AM
]After the way Doncaster and Regan tried to bully SPL and then SFL [/B]clubs into accepting a newco Rangers into the league they should have walked. How they survived that i'll never know. To then give the guy a payrise is a disgrace!! Scottish football is an absolute shambles

How can they bully their employers? Blame the clubs for allowing them to remain in position and blame the clubs for giving Doncaster a payrise.

ScottB
06-03-2013, 08:22 AM
It shows the complete disconnect between him and those offering him the contract and the rest of us.

Indicative of the culture that has wrecked our economy, if you're high enough up the pole it doesn't matter how crap you are, you can expect bumper pay rises and bonuses regardless.

In a few weeks time he'll be pleading poverty about how difficult it is to attract a sponsor for the league...

Saorsa
06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Unless of course you're Neil Doncaster. Despite showing he hasn't the aptitude, ability or integrity to run the game he took a 16% pay rise to see his salary rise from 172 to 200k.
At a time when when SPL income dropped by over 6% and payments to clubs fell by 9% then it just shows how shameless this ****er really is.

If he had a modicum of decency he'd do the decent thing and GTF.If those who are members of the SPL had anything about them they would have got shot of that prick efter the fiasco in the summer (unless of course as I've always suspected they backed him despite their public front), that he is still here is ridiculous but unsurprising, his type (self interested shysters) are just the sort that Scottish fitba is rotten tae the core with.

Big_Franck
06-03-2013, 08:44 AM
How can they bully their employers? Blame the clubs for allowing them to remain in position and blame the clubs for giving Doncaster a payrise.

The financial armageddon in the SPL nonsense and the threat that the money that normally trickles down to the SFL might not continue to do so if newco werent allowed into the league, were IMO attempts to bully the clubs into accepting them into the league.

Green Fish
06-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Totally inept and if he had an ounce of morality or respect for our game he wouldnt have taken rise. 16% is an outrage.

How do we make our feelings known? At hampden aftrr semi?

jacomo
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
So if your boss offered you a pay rise you wouldnt accept it? Mind you think the percentage rise is a tad high!

If you are in a leadership position you should be expected to show exactly that - leadership.

Doncaster should be grateful to still be in a job, let alone be getting a 16% pay rise on what is already a very handsome salary.

Further proof (as if it were needed) that this man is an over-promoted idiot. SPL got it badly wrong with him.

Since90+2
06-03-2013, 01:29 PM
200K a year!? That is mental.

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm astonished that this *rsehole is in any sort of paid employment at all. That he still retains his position after his craven, obnoxious performance in the Sevco debacle shows how how hopelessly corrupt Scottish football is. The joke of a pay rise just adds insult to injury and shows how massively out of touch whoever sanctioned this nonsense is.

I'm almost starting to envy Hearts supporters and their dying club, once it's gone they'll be able to walk away from this sorry mess for good.

JimBHibees
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Was listening to Sportsound last night and the Hamiltion CEO said they only got 50k from finishing 4th in the first division last season while Ross County only got 60k for winning it. Quite incredible when placed alongside this incompetent getting 200k.

Future17
06-03-2013, 02:02 PM

That's just because you're too lazy to adjust your Direct Debit to Krispy Kreme. :greengrin

ancient hibee
06-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Thought the increase to £200K was for the Directors of the SPL not Doncaster.

KeithTheHibby
06-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Given the state of the game he shouldn't have got one end of.

If he had any integrity he would have refused.

Part/Time Supporter
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Thought the increase to £200K was for the Directors of the SPL not Doncaster.

Doncaster is the only director that is paid.

Saorsa
06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Thought the increase to £200K was for the Directors of the SPL not Doncaster.I havnae read the story because I winnae use links tae that rag but the link says dungcaster.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=spl%20directors%20pay%20rise&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQqQIoADAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyrecord.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ff ootball%2Ffootball-news%2Frevealed-spl-chief-neil-doncaster-1743449&ei=PnQ3UYexM4eUOO_JgdgH&usg=AFQjCNEZckZg_JU44lahT2sPLJnSijT7ng

A ****in' scandal, firstly that it's the prick that's getting it, secondly that anybody should be getting it considering the fall in income and payments tae the member clubs that actually are the SPL.

Beefster
06-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Isn't Doncaster just the SPL clubs' monkey? I've never really understood why folk focus their anger at him rather than the folk employing him.

degenerated
06-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Isn't Doncaster just the SPL clubs' monkey? I've never really understood why folk focus their anger at him rather than the folk employing him.

I can think of a couple of hundred thousand reasons why that incompetent, conniving ******** is the focus of right minded people's anger.

keep the faith
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Surely his flattop is enough reason to deny any pay rise!!

Gatecrasher
06-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Surely his flattop is enough reason to deny any pay rise!!
and he looks more greasy than a chip fryer at ER.

lord bunberry
06-03-2013, 10:10 PM

That's the way I've always looked at it. If the spl clubs weren't happy with what he was saying or doing during the sevco situation they could have sacked him. Imo he was carrying out the will of the spl chairmen. He was there to take the flak and be the focus of all the hate, a job he managed well hence the pay rise

SMAXXA
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
That's the way I've always looked at it. If the spl clubs weren't happy with what he was saying or doing during the sevco situation they could have sacked him. Imo he was carrying out the will of the spl chairmen. He was there to take the flak and be the focus of all the hate, a job he managed well hence the pay rise

I disagree, a job he was paid to do, shouldnt get a reward for just doing his job and id argue he even did that well.

monktonharp
06-03-2013, 10:42 PM
So if your boss offered you a pay rise you wouldnt accept it? Mind you think the percentage rise is a tad high! aye you are correct, right enough:rolleyes: listen mate, it's a bloody disgrace that he was even considered for a raise,never mind given one and to accept a 16% hike is just unbeleivably wrong!! people are on the breadline in this country, and dont say they are not. football is basically a working class sport, and thousands of fans try to get the kids along to see their local team, struggling to get the bairns a pie at the match because of overinflated prices etc. I assume you understand basic household economics, and when a bairn sees another bairn wi' a pizza at the match............he wants one, and the parent cant suddenly say, naw we cannae get you one son, his Da' must be workin'. do they? damned disgrace!

lord bunberry
06-03-2013, 10:44 PM
[/B]

I disagree, a job he was paid to do, shouldnt get a reward for just doing his job and id argue he even did that well.

I didn't say he deserved a rise. He did what his employer's the spl chairmen wanted him to do which was to be the spokesman for them and take all the attention away from them. I don't like him or think he should be rewarded with a pay rise but obviously the spl clubs think he's doing a good job which is evidence that he was carrying out their wishes last season

monktonharp
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Doncaster is the only director that is paid. then he should be the first one to be hanged

SMAXXA
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I didn't say he deserved a rise. He did what his employer's the spl chairmen wanted him to do which was to be the spokesman for them and take all the attention away from them. I don't like him or think he should be rewarded with a pay rise but obviously the spl clubs think he's doing a good job which is evidence that he was carrying out their wishes last season

I know what you are saying mate but I still dont see how that can be seen as him doing his job well. You could argue a man of his alleged education and experiece should and probably does bring more to the table than simply being a mouth piece to the SPL chairman. He was integral in alot of what went wrong as were a number of others, and on that basis how a wage rise, never mind to that extent, was given beggars belief.

That money which is coming from Scottish football coffers could and should have been used for much more deserved causes.

lord bunberry
06-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I know what you are saying mate but I still dont see how that can be seen as him doing his job well. You could argue a man of his alleged education and experiece should and probably does bring more to the table than simply being a mouth piece to the SPL chairman. He was integral in alot of what went wrong as were a number of others, and on that basis how a wage rise, never mind to that extent, was given beggars belief.

That money which is coming from Scottish football coffers could and should have been used for much more deserved causes.

I agree with what your saying, my point is that his employer's obviously think he's doing a good job or they wouldn't be giving him a pay rise

monktonharp
06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I agree with what your saying, my point is that his employer's obviously think he's doing a good job or they wouldn't be giving him a pay rise on that basis, any representive for Hibernian fc, is a bigger clown than I thought, because our club is a member of his employer's organisation. they could be happy with him, unless outvoted, but I think not.our club are as culpable as the other spl members, to stand by and allow this sham to happen!!

lord bunberry
07-03-2013, 12:04 AM
on that basis, any representive for Hibernian fc, is a bigger clown than I thought, because our club is a member of his employer's organisation. they could be happy with him, unless outvoted, but I think not.our club are as culpable as the other spl members, to stand by and allow this sham to happen!!

Up until now I can't remember anyone from hibs coming out and criticising doncaster so we can only presume that hibs as a club are happy with him and his salary increase