PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline financial problems (merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

scoopyboy
15-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Funnily enough, I've been to quite a few Pars games this season.

But, and I don't know how many times this needs said, their situation IS NOT BECAUSE THEY SPENT MONEY THEY DIDN'T HAVE.

If you take a look at the teams they have had over the last few years, nobody in their right mind would think they had paid for better quality players than they should.

So do you think Craig Brewster, Stevie Crawford, Barry Nicholson and the Youngs came cheap?

They have clearly overspent and it is now catching up with them.

bingo70
15-03-2013, 04:19 PM

But, and I don't know how many times this needs said, their situation IS NOT BECAUSE THEY SPENT MONEY THEY DIDN'T HAVE.

If you take a look at the teams they have had over the last few years, nobody in their right mind would think they had paid for better quality players than they should.

Yes they did or they wouldn't be in debt?!

Just because they spent it badly doesn't mean they never spent it, maybe they just had too many ***** players earning too much?

inglisavhibs
15-03-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm hearing some very sad voices over here and while it's not over yet they are saying its all but terminal. I think the Pars should have done more but with Masterton and TPC its all been what they want the Pars fans to hear rather than what's really been going on for the past 10 years let alone 10 weeks.
I feel if they lose the stadium then that's the gig up sadly.
I hope they survive mate, we need a club in Dunfermline. They gave us Alex Edwards and more recently Bamba. Others?

Hibeesforever
15-03-2013, 04:46 PM
One governing body, one expanded top league (16 teams), Championship type second division (14 teams), play-offs (two up, two down automatic, third bottom/third top play off - no split), regionalised lower leagues (many junior clubs attract bigger crowds so include them), Euro place for both domestic cup winners (where possible), no seedings in cup tournaments, summer football or look at 4G pitches to prevent ridiculous postponements. Get rid of Regan and Doncaster - place experienced football guys at the helm who are voted on board by all member clubs. Equal share of income to clubs. Far better negotiated TV deals and far more transparency.

All the SFA Academies are in place - however Scottish Government should be looking at heavily investing in 9 (2 in the Highlands/Islands, Edinburgh, The Borders, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth, Dumfries) elite regionalised football/sport indoor centres outwith this, in order to reach those kids who may slip through the net or indeed not have the access to such trials or not get through them (and those that don't have the family, financial or social supports) - these centres should be multi sport facilities to include swimming and other sports. Doing away with a fair few blazers could employ skilled coaches at these centres. Clubs could also buy into the process.

PE and sport should also have far more time in the school/college timetable.

Oh and make going to football cheaper and less corrupt.

Simples :greengrin

Many good points in this. My favourite is an equal share of all TV and SPL sponsorship money.

Scottish football needs a new beginning, Mr Petrie should be at the helm.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Seems to me we are now seeing what I bleated on about a whole back - a correction just like in the housing market. I wonder if it will reach the 200 percenters of the English divisions.

if English clubs tople the domino effect and fallout could be spectacular.

As I've long said if the football "authorities" are about longterm sustainability they should have been protecting clubs from themselves. It is a massive failure across the board from FIFA, Uefa and the national associations. Waste of money and pointless.

The conspiracy theorist in me has long suspected that Murdoch will provide the game-changer to salvage the clubs worth salvaging to join some sort of nvitation only league setup should application of rules be unpalatable and threaten revenue streams. Would Everton be allowed to drop out of English top-flight football? Lemmings and the fa have done NOTHING meaningful to stop it.

HibeeMG
15-03-2013, 05:10 PM
So do you think Craig Brewster, Stevie Crawford, Barry Nicholson and the Youngs came cheap?

They have clearly overspent and it is now catching up with them.

Craig Brewster 2005, Stevie Crawford 2008, Barry Nicholson 2005, Derek Young 2006, Darren Young 2008. That's when these players were last at Dunfermline. Do you really think employing players at that time has caused the problems which the club now have?

The club has cut its cloth accordingly over the last 5 years when it comes to its playing staff.

The money problems that are threatening the club are completely down to financial mismanagement at board level. These finances did not mean inflated wage bills etc.

ancient hibee
15-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Craig Brewster 2005, Stevie Crawford 2008, Barry Nicholson 2005, Derek Young 2006, Darren Young 2008. That's when these players were last at Dunfermline. Do you really think employing players at that time has caused the problems which the club now have?

The club has cut its cloth accordingly over the last 5 years when it comes to its playing staff.

The money problems that are threatening the club are completely down to financial mismanagement at board level. These finances did not mean inflated wage bills etc.

So where do you think the best part of ten million quid has gone then?

Eyrie
15-03-2013, 05:23 PM
I've got sympathy for the Dunfermline fans who have no responsibility for the mess that their club is in but not for those responsible for that mess.

HibeeMG
15-03-2013, 05:29 PM
So where do you think the best part of ten million quid has gone then?

Like I've said previously, the majority of that debt has been the loans/mortgages that Masterton has dumped on the club.

The club didn't need, ask or want these loans.

The majority of that money certainly didn't see its way to the playing staff.

Where did the money go? For that you would need to ask a forensic accountant.

Treadstone
15-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Dunfy were getting 5,6k and giving more money to guys like Brewster and Crawford than we could its not too hard to see where the seeds were sown for the current mess.

Paisley Hibby
15-03-2013, 06:36 PM
While I've no sympathy for the cretins who caused this to happen to Dunfermline I feel a huge amount of empathy towards the Pars fans. Their team looks like it might die and it's no fault of theirs. I recall when it looked as though Hibs might die and I wouldn't wish that on Pars fans

Spot on! :agree:

GlenrothesHibee
15-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Im all for the plan for the Dumbarton game. One of my best mates is a Pars fan and the boy is in turmoil. Reminds me of my dad during the M****r takeover saga. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Beefster
15-03-2013, 07:03 PM

That's just a ludicrous statement. If they hadn't been spending money that they didn't have, they wouldn't have been struggling to pay wages for months, posting losses for years and taking loans from directors. The fact that they've been pish for a couple of years doesn't mean anything in terms of their financial management.

Saorsa
15-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Im all for the plan for the Dumbarton game. One of my best mates is a Pars fan and the boy is in turmoil. Reminds me of my dad during the M****r takeover saga. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemyI wish it on yams (**** h****s), feel sorry for pars fans though.

GlenrothesHibee
15-03-2013, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;3537312]I wish it on yams (**** h****s), feel sorry for pars fans though.[/QUOTE

Yes i wish it on Hearts. Horrible club

Aldo
15-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Have a few pals that are Pars fans. Feel bad for TGIF. Badly run but makes you wonder why the Yams get away with it week in week out.

IWasThere2016
15-03-2013, 07:48 PM
I've many a cousin who are Pars fans. I feel most for two who lost their dad last month, and it could be their team next! That is brutal.

CentreLine
16-03-2013, 06:10 AM
I hope they survive mate, we need a club in Dunfermline. They gave us Alex Edwards and more recently Bamba. Others?

Jock Stein

DarrenSQH
16-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Heading along to try and help them out today.

Hoping for a good game. Wearing my Hibs scarf along.

tamig
16-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Dunfy were getting 5,6k and giving more money to guys like Brewster and Crawford than we could its not too hard to see where the seeds were sown for the current mess.

Crawford was on 8 grand a week then. Crazy stuff. I also think the slavering erse Yorkston seems to be getting out of this all a bit lightly.

PatHead
16-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Wonder how many of their fans went along to their last ever game today. Will go a fair way to helping me decide if I feel sorry for them.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Wonder how many of their fans went along to their last ever game today. Will go a fair way to helping me decide if I feel sorry for them.

I decided early on i was not going to attend the Milton Keynes match today, and quickly added the Pars game to that list. did anyone else do the same?

Baldy
16-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Crawford was on 8 grand a week then. Crazy stuff. I also think the slavering erse Yorkston seems to be getting out of this all a bit lightly.

if you think Crawford was on Crazy money, Scott Wilson was on double figures.... its average players like him that have cost the club not the players they have now who genuinely can not afford to get less than their full wage.

HibeeMG
16-03-2013, 03:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/a4eredam.jpg

This was from the away end at 2pm. Not the best picture unfortunately.

An hour before kick off there was 400 or so fans in the away end. By kick off, Raith had to open up another section.

Beefster
16-03-2013, 03:28 PM
if you think Crawford was on Crazy money, Scott Wilson was on double figures.... its average players like him that have cost the club not the players they have now who genuinely can not afford to get less than their full wage.

I'm sorry, that can't be right. We've been assured that Dunfermline didn't overspend on players.

Baldy
16-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry, that can't be right. We've been assured that Dunfermline didn't overspend on players.

they may not have overspent on buying players but they sure as hell over paid average players

Phil D. Rolls
16-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Jock Stein

Sol Bamba

tamig
16-03-2013, 04:00 PM
they may not have overspent on buying players but they sure as hell over paid average players

Yorkston admitted in the paper this morning that they did make a "mistake" by overspending during the Calderwood era. They had budgeted for crowds of 6.5k - but couldn't even attract that. That's the root of why they're Donald Duck'd today.

tamig
16-03-2013, 04:02 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/a4eredam.jpg

This was from the away end at 2pm. Not the best picture unfortunately.

An hour before kick off there was 400 or so fans in the away end. By kick off, Raith had to open up another section.

The Starks Park pitch looks in excellent nick in that picture.

Phil D. Rolls
16-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Seems to me we are now seeing what I bleated on about a whole back - a correction just like in the housing market. I wonder if it will reach the 200 percenters of the English divisions.

if English clubs tople the domino effect and fallout could be spectacular.

As I've long said if the football "authorities" are about longterm sustainability they should have been protecting clubs from themselves. It is a massive failure across the board from FIFA, Uefa and the national associations. Waste of money and pointless.

The conspiracy theorist in me has long suspected that Murdoch will provide the game-changer to salvage the clubs worth salvaging to join some sort of nvitation only league setup should application of rules be unpalatable and threaten revenue streams. Would Everton be allowed to drop out of English top-flight football? Lemmings and the fa have done NOTHING meaningful to stop it.

I have always thought this way, and have always seen the objective for Hibs as being in a position to be invited.

There is a lot of sympathy for fans of other clubs. Let's not forget the pain we have had to endure putting our house in order. At times there has been a lot of arguing amongst our support about what has been the best way ahead.

There has been a split between those insisting we had to spend on players, and those who have said that infrastruture and solvency are more important. If, as things look, there is going to be clubs going to the wall, then we should be grateful that we are not one of them.

People say that the ordinary fan has no say in what happens to their club. What about those that protest and demand changes at board level to bring their club the success they demand?

I would say that the lack of these revolts at Hibs reflects a maturity in our support. There have been constant arguments on here over the last few years. I would say the experience of those who went through Mercer, and the constant stupidity of our city neighbours, has acted as a balance to "fan power".

You never hear fans saying "this can't go on" when the good times are there. You hear plenty bleating when they hit a crisis though. These same people who have been giving it all the "wee team" stuff (like the Pars fans did to Rovers last year), suddenly play the "mammy daddy polis" card when the gravy train stops.

You gamble and sometimes you win. We gambled on stability, let's not tarnish the efforts we have made as fans.

Hermit Crab
16-03-2013, 04:48 PM
I was at the game. Nearly every seat taken. Huge away support by far out numbering raith fans. 3733 was official attendance. I'd say at least 2,500 + Dunfermline. Don't know if they will raise enough cash though. Very entertaining 2nd half on which Dunfermline created enough chances to win 2 games.

Thecat23
16-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Just been reported that its the lowest crowd at a Raith v Pars game since 1986?

DarrenSQH
16-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Just back from the game. Huge pars support and great atmosphere. Hardly any raith fans. At least 2500 pars.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Just back from the game. Huge pars support and great atmosphere. Hardly any raith fans. At least 2500 pars.

Not all Pars fans it would seem?

DarrenSQH
16-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Not all Pars fans it would seem?

I would say 99% of them were.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2013, 06:12 PM
I would say 99% of them were.

Not sure how you could tell, but i will go with that? How many do you reckon will be back next week?

PatHead
16-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Not sure how you could tell, but i will go with that? How many do you reckon will be back next week?None cause I can't see them making it through the week.

HibeeMG
16-03-2013, 06:50 PM
None cause I can't see them making it through the week.

There's some promising news on their official site.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130316/steering-group-update_2207955_3111393

snooky
17-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Fergie explains pretty clearly in his autobiography 'managing My Life' how he has little time for Rangers after the shameful way he was ostracised at Rangers partly because of the Berwick disaster and partly on the instruction of Directors who disapproved of his wife's religion.
He really has little time for Rangers.

Back on topic - Classy from Raith.

IIRC, Fergie had nothing to do with the Berwick game. Methinks it was Jim Forrest who was made the whipping boy for the defeat and was transferred to Aberdeen.
There was a story/rumour that RFC tried and put AF out the game for that other reason though.

El Gubbz
17-03-2013, 11:30 PM
"RRFC confirms that today’s away support in the McDermid Stand totalled 1,951 and accordingly, unfortunately, the club is not able to make a donation to the Dunfermline Athletic Steering Group. However we hope that our near neighbours can find a solution to current difficulties so that our sporting rivalry can continue for many years to come."

VickMackie
17-03-2013, 11:37 PM
"RRFC confirms that today’s away support in the McDermid Stand totalled 1,951 and accordingly, unfortunately, the club is not able to make a donation to the Dunfermline Athletic Steering Group. However we hope that our near neighbours can find a solution to current difficulties so that our sporting rivalry can continue for many years to come."

:faf:

Part/Time Supporter
18-03-2013, 05:08 AM
The detestable angle has merit. Few fans have a bad word to say about Dunfermline. Unlike Hearts who are an arrogant bunch of twats and have behaved abysmally over the years treating other clubs with contempt. The Pars have never been like that.

As for "integrity" lets be brutally honest, much of last summer was nothing more than a gleeful exercise in giving the fallen giant Rangers a damn good kicking, not that they didn't deserve it. And yes fans are hypocrites, Twitter Celtic fans being the absolute worst of the lot.

The "integrity line" as you put it was necessary to hold because the Scottish football authorities were intending to put the relaunched Rangers into the SPL as if nothing had happened. The authorities seemed to consider that merely taking 10 points off them in a season where they weren't going to win the league anyway was sufficient penalty for dodging tens of millions in taxes (irrespective of the big tax case).

Livingston and Gretna (the two relevant precedents) had been punted to the bottom division. All the majority of fans wanted was for Rangers to be treated as if it had been any other club. That's why although you had the media salivating about the SPL commission and the prospect of title stripping and all that, the reaction from most non-Celtic fans to its outcome was fairly muted. If Dunfermline have to form a newco, I suspect that fans will be fairly clear in their wishes that a new Dunfermline would have to start from the bottom (wherever that is). And I suspect that the Rangers fans would be fairly vocal in that as well.

SkintHibby
18-03-2013, 05:15 AM
:faf:

Hows it funny?:rolleyes:

VickMackie
18-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Hows it funny?:rolleyes:

Because they were 49 short giving Raith almost max brnefit and Raith said they were 'unable' to make a donation when in reality they can do what they want.

I found that amusing. Raith slipping out the side door with their swag bag chuckling away to themselves.

DaveF
18-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Because they were 49 short giving Raith almost max brnefit and Raith said they were 'unable' to make a donation when in reality they can do what they want.

I found that amusing. Raith slipping out the side door with their swag bag chuckling away to themselves.

Yep. A perfectly executed boot in the baws from Raith.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-03-2013, 07:20 AM
I went past the ground on a train heading for Kirlcaldy around 3.20 and can confirm the ground was half empty, very curious given the circumstances, it's a big Fife derby and there was an incentive to be had so why the poor turnout?

Just_Jimmy
18-03-2013, 07:22 AM
If you originate from Edinburgh,or in my case Musselburgh its OK to continue supporting Hibs. I think the poster is referring to people who have never lived in Glasgow but for some reason ,usually bigotry, will ignore their local team and become Bigot Twins glory hunters.

What if you don't? What if you originate from Fife and follow Hibs? Every week?

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2013, 07:51 AM

I dont see anyone chuckling away, or even slipping out any doors? Raith made a gesture, but once again the Dunfermline fans failed to respond. I mean how bloody far did they have to travel on Saturday, knowing THEY could have made a big difference? :rolleyes:

EdinMike
18-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I dont see anyone chuckling away, or even slipping out any doors? Raith made a gesture, but once again the Dunfermline fans failed to respond. I mean how bloody far did they have to travel on Saturday, knowing THEY could have made a big difference? :rolleyes:

Exactly, almost as if they have given up and accepted their fate. Still don't know how I feel on the subject of teams fading away. I do believe that everyone should have a 'local team' but I do think there are too many top tier clubs in Scotland.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Exactly, almost as if they have given up and accepted their fate. Still don't know how I feel on the subject of teams fading away. I do believe that everyone should have a 'local team' but I do think there are too many top tier clubs in Scotland.

Raith made a gesture the Dunfermline fans failed to respond to,:confused: its difficult to feel sorry for folk who wont help themselves.

EdinMike
18-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Raith made a gesture the Dunfermline fans failed to respond to,:confused: its difficult to feel sorry for folk who wont help themselves.

And if the locals don't want them they'll follow a Glasgow Team. I don't care one bit really, never liked East End Park !

Pretty Boy
18-03-2013, 08:12 AM

This.

Everyone is saying how bad they feel for Dunfermilne fans but it seems they don't feel bad enough to bother about their club themselves. Unless of course their whole fan base is just under 2000, which I don't believe for a second.

Harsh truth is that Scottish football needs to lose a few clubs, there are simply far too many teams for such a small matket, a market dominated by 2 clubs. If that happens to be Dunfermilnes, Hearts or whoever then so be it. I do feel sorry for the real fans but the simple fact is Dunfermilnes did spend outwith their means hence their situation. Plenty other clubs had to redevelop stadiums and have spent time in the lower leagues to pay for it, see Raith themselves, in that same time Dunfermilne have been to a Scottish Cup final, spent most of their times in the SPL and played in Europe. Something doesn't add up and as has been said a few times on here 'sporting integrity' has to apply to everyone, not just those we don't like.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2013, 08:12 AM
And if the locals don't want them they'll follow a Glasgow Team. I don't care one bit really, never liked East End Park !

I'm the opposite, i have always loved a trip to East end park, its a ground we always seem to take a big support to.

SkintHibby
18-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Unless it's Rangers, Hearts or Airdrie then I don't see the imminent demise of any football club as amusing.

Keith_M
18-03-2013, 08:54 AM
I went past the ground on a train heading for Kirlcaldy around 3.20 and can confirm the ground was half empty, very curious given the circumstances, it's a big Fife derby and there was an incentive to be had so why the poor turnout?

Sadly the only conclusion is that not enough people really care. Maybe the Pars are now down to their absolute core support and the people that attended while they were in the SPL a few years ago but have since disappeared are similar to the ones that only turn up when Hibs are at Hampden; they enjoy a day out when the going's good but are actually not that bothered.

Keith_M
18-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm the opposite, i have always loved a trip to East end park, its a ground we always seem to take a big support to.

:agree:

One of my favourite away days, along with Fir Park and Tannadice.

bigwheel
18-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Something seems to have happened to Dunfermline over the last 20 years which has lost them a massive slice of supporters . Perhaps they have lost a generation ? I recall an 1980s game where they almost filled the Dunbar End . Their support has dwindled and unlike most clubs , don't even really reappear for big games outside of finals .. I wonder what has caused this loss of fans - it seems more than other clubs .

Beefster
18-03-2013, 09:56 AM

That's it in a nutshell. Going down the tubes and not even 2,000 of them can make their way to Kirkcaldy to help out. Why should I give two hoots when so many Dunfermline supporters don't?

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2013, 10:52 AM
That's it in a nutshell. Going down the tubes and not even 2,000 of them can make their way to Kirkcaldy to help out. Why should I give two hoots when so many Dunfermline supporters don't?

:agree: If you are handing out the begging bowls, the first thing you must do is get off yer erse and start helping yourself. As you say, if they cant be bothered, why should anyone else? :confused:

Jack
18-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Anyone want to help me save the Pars? :hug:

Here’s a message I got through their Pars.net!

I`m not going to get into why we are where we are as there is enough documented over the last week (and more), but one issue that I see that needs to get resolved now that we are in a precarious position is actually how much will people put together to try and save your club ?

I don`t believe that anyone has actually asked the fan-base how much they would invest in a share issue. We could go into the ins-and-outs of a share issue, but at this moment, in my opinion, it is a donation to help save the club BUT it would be in return for a set number of shares and some sort of control at the club.

I have created the form below to allow you to indicate whether you would be willing to help save DAFC, all along I thought the share issue might give the fans enough of a leverage to get the club to change direction and I still believe that to be the case.

What I want to know is if it comes to the crunch how much would you be willing to invest in a share issue (or whatever name we wish to give) to ensure the survival of your club? The point of this excercise is to determine, perhaps as a last resort, how much money can be raised by individual fans themselves as a group and then to determine if it would be enough to save DAFC. Obviously the people on the Steering Group are the ones to rely on but in my mind money is the key issue at this time.

I don`t want people bickering and fighting about this, if you don`t like it then I really don`t need to know, all I`m interested in is for people that want to save the club to step forward and see if there is anything we can do. I have done this off my own back without prompting by anybody, the idea may well be flawed or not work but its something I think we need to work out.

I have no idea of timescales and financial issues but I really would like to know in 48 hours whether there is anything in my proposal and what questions we need to ask. At that stage I would take my findings and amounts promised and discuss with the steering group (and PST) and take it from there. Are the BOD and TPC still talking, I don`t know.

This is a serious intimation and I do not wish to see flippant or unnecessary suggestions forwarded (as I am sure there will be having noted the amount of abuse directed at myself in particular), people can make up their own mind if this is "Masterton and his followers" or whether its a real proposal to try and kick-start club survival. I have been on holiday recently (planned since Aug 2012) and not been following closely enough events at home due to the time difference. if you don`t think this is a good idea then I`d welcome constructive comments.

The information I am looking for is your Name, Address, Amount of shares you would have purchased as well as any comments you may have. This information is stored in a local database and will only be used to determine the viability of moving forward, I will be in touch again if there is any progress with this plan. At this point in time I do not know if the PST or any other group have any contingency plans.

Ii am currently 8 hours ahead of UK time and I guess could do with this being reviewed by people with better communication skills, but I will update as I get any feedback.

p.s. loads of questions coming in and all very good and relevant. Thanks to all who have sumitted and commented, no matter how big or small you are doing your bit to save the club !

p.p.s. I see there seems to be some concrete activity happening over the weekend. This seems like good news and it also appears it will provide more financial information in the short term, something you all want to see (and so do I!). You are all wanting to ensure there is some form of plan, well I believe the information and details you have supplied will help the ongoing situation. I will not be collecting money (I did not intend to just in case there is any confusion) but when the time comes I will ensure that the intent you guys have provided will go to the right people. Even if you are dithering there is nothing to stop you submitting details and adding your proviso in the comments field. Thank You.

The form is down the page a bit, please fill in as soon as you can. (please don't put the £ sign in, thanks)

VickMackie
18-03-2013, 11:44 AM

Do they not have a fund that they're contributing to and maybe some of them seen it as a ploy to boost raiths coffers so would prefer to put their money into that.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Do they not have a fund that they're contributing to and maybe some of them seen it as a ploy to boost raiths coffers so would prefer to put their money into that.

For their sake i hope this is the answer, we will have to wait and see just how many bother to turn up at the next home game?

Boyle89
18-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Its to do with masterton. There ar still many pars fans that wont go till masterton does. Dont ask me why but thats some people reasoning. He seems to have slowly killed the club.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Would consider a small donation don't need shares.
Also was thinking about taking my boy to a game but dunno if that's ultimately helping or not?

Green Fish
18-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Think there was a thread about this but pars at home to Nids lads this week.

WindyMiller
18-03-2013, 07:15 PM

Always been a good day out.

Just Alf
19-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Eight days to prevent liquidation as winding-up order is served on Dunfermline

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/eight-days-to-prevent-liquidation-as-winding-up-order-is-served-on-dunfermline.20549707

not too good

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 11:29 AM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/eight-days-to-prevent-liquidation-as-winding-up-order-is-served-on-dunfermline.20549707

not too good

Nothing a few jam doughnuts wont solve.

DaveF
19-03-2013, 11:40 AM

not too good

Dearie Me - Another football club winding up order sob story. I'm sure someone will come to their aid, even if it has to be the SFL to allow the fixtures to be completed.

maturehibby
19-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I know that they are in the brown stuff and could we not help them out by arranging to play them this sunday at East End park in a friendly(They are at home to Dumbarton on the Saturday) to help their finances and also would allow us to be match fit for the Inverness game and also get some much needed game time for Clancy/ Hanlon and also more time for the young players IE Harris Caldwell Handling and co and lastly you get a great Steak Bridie there and lastly i have always enjoyed my visits to Dunfermline and would miss them if if they did not exist

kaimendhibs
19-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Stephens don't supply them any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe breezy
19-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Partick Thistle have followed Raith Rovers lead

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/march_2013/deal_for_dunfermline_fans_on_april_27th

maturehibby
19-03-2013, 12:10 PM

so thats you not going if the game is played ?

Brooster
19-03-2013, 12:12 PM
They can rot for all I care. You reap what you sow. Shouldn't have overspend all those years.

19-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I don't have anything against Dunfermline particularly and I would be quite sad to see them go under but at the end of the day they have overspent and not stuck by their budget therefore just like the huns and our ugly Edinburgh neighbours they have to face the consequences of that i'm afraid.

Unlike the huns and the yams however, their fans don't carry the same delusion and arrogance therefore I do have more sympathy for them. Hearts fans could have nipped their troubles in the bud early but they decided to continue living in Vlad fantasy land and believing everything he tells them. Their arrogance and delusion contributed to their downfall IMO.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2013, 12:21 PM
When oh when in this sorry mess we call Scottish football are we going to expect teams to start paying the money they owe instead of telling the world of their 'plight' in a clear exercise to try and walk away from the debt they have racked up.

Sympathy of course for fans who have no say in what their club does but the constant boom and bust of clubs using administration or indeed liquidation as a tool to ditch debts is becoming predictable, and boring.

If you can't afford it, don't spend it.

CraigK
19-03-2013, 12:22 PM
No, we shouldn't be risking injury in an unneccesary match at this stage in the season.
Also, regardless of the club, if you can't live within your means then you don't deserve to continue trading (at least that's how it should.) Personally, I think that there's far too much sentimentality involved in situations like this. Also, their fans couldn't be bothered turning up in requisite numbers for a derby at the weekend. Why would they bother with a friendly against us?

RE: Partick, it's a nice touch that they are insisting that the money goes direct to the player's wages. If we were to play them in a friendly then this wouldn't be the case.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I'll pass in this one for most of the reasons already listed above.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2013, 12:28 PM

You eat enough when you go to Cowdenbeath anyway ;-).

joe breezy
19-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Funny to see all the 'if you can't afford it, don't spend' posts when many would have quite liked Hibs to spend a bit more at times.

They hardly signed Messi. Without knowing the full details it looks more like they thought if they put a decent team out they'd get fans. Given that Dunfermline used to get close to 10 000 in the First Division in the 80s doesn't seem too much of a ridiculous idea.

This overspending is a lot more understandable than the kind that Hearts and Rangers underwent.

Sadly far too many in Dunfermline have deserted the club and follow Sevco or Celtic, from anecdotal, personal experience, especially Celtic.

DarrenSQH
19-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I think everyone is being harsh on dunfermline because they are comparing them to rangers or hearts. It has nothing to do with that. I think Masterton and his dealing are whats bringing the team down.

Thats a pretty classy moved by Partick also. Impressed.

19-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Funny to see all the 'if you can't afford it, don't spend' posts when many would have quite liked Hibs to spend a bit more at times.

They hardly signed Messi. Without knowing the full details it looks more like they thought if they put a decent team out they'd get fans. Given that Dunfermline used to get close to 10 000 in the First Division in the 80s doesn't seem too much of a ridiculous idea.

This overspending is a lot more understandable than the kind that Hearts and Rangers underwent.

Sadly far too many in Dunfermline have deserted the club and follow Sevco or Celtic, from anecdotal, personal experience, especially Celtic.

I see what your saying and yes many hibs fans have accused the hibs board of being too tight fisted with money at times, especially the likes of last season when we had a piss poor team practically involved in a relegation battle! However, I think, particularly seeing the mess the huns and hearts got into, we can be grateful that our board haven't gone over board in spending and are operating in a realistic budget and therefore keeping our club save from administration etc.

I realise Dunfermlines troubles are not due to the same kind of mis management as huns and hearts, like you say it was a risk to try win the fans back but that risk has not paid off, and they knew what the consequences would be if it didn't so unfortunately they now have to face up to them.

CentreLine
19-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I see what your saying and yes many hibs fans have accused the hibs board of being too tight fisted with money at times, especially the likes of last season when we had a piss poor team practically involved in a relegation battle! However, I think, particularly seeing the mess the huns and hearts got into, we can be grateful that our board haven't gone over board in spending and are operating in a realistic budget and therefore keeping our club save from administration etc.

I realise Dunfermlines troubles are not due to the same kind of mis management as huns and hearts, like you say it was a risk to try win the fans back but that risk has not paid off, and they knew what the consequences would be if it didn't so unfortunately they now have to face up to them.

I think the major difference for Dunfermline is that they fell in to the trap of selling their ground in order to get the short term gain it offered financially. And they were not the only SPL club to do so IIRC. Of course when it didn't work out it left them in the deep stuff. Robinson made the same sort of mistaken gamble with hahahahearts and SMG. Not selling the stadium but putting all the eggs in one basket just the same. With the same result of course.

Crazyhorse
19-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I know that they are in the brown stuff and could we not help them out by arranging to play them this sunday at East End park in a friendly(They are at home to Dumbarton on the Saturday) to help their finances and also would allow us to be match fit for the Inverness game and also get some much needed game time for Clancy/ Hanlon and also more time for the young players IE Harris Caldwell Handling and co and lastly you get a great Steak Bridie there and lastly i have always enjoyed my visits to Dunfermline and would miss them if if they did not exist

I don't know the ins and outs of this but are HMRC being tougher on the Pars than they have been on hahahertz?

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of this but are HMRC being tougher on the Pars than they have been on hahahertz?

No reason to think that.

HMRC have threatened HMFC with winding-up orders in recent months, and have got their payments as a result.

Hibercelona
19-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Maybe i'm being bias, but I feel terrible for Dunfermline.

Their fanbase has been dwindling over all these years because of more and more uneducated delinquents jumping on the old firm bandwagon. It makes me sick.

Dunfermline have just tried to maintain their place in Scottish Football, unlike Hearts who drove up debt because they thought they were bigger and better than what they really were.

Dunfermline really don't deserve to be going under.

Gatecrasher
19-03-2013, 02:55 PM
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/45752_620186134664463_1548205849_n.jpg

saw this on fb, dont know how many that stand holds but looks a decent turn out.

more here

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=620181637998246&set=a.620181367998273.1073741832.226823277334086&type=1&theater

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 03:10 PM
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/45752_620186134664463_1548205849_n.jpg

saw this on fb, dont know how many that stand holds but looks a decent turn out.

more here

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=620181637998246&set=a.620181367998273.1073741832.226823277334086&type=1&theater

I disagree, how far did they have to travel 10-11 miles, and some will live even nearer?

Its a shocking turn out in my opinion, especially when they know the trouble they are in, and they could have made their club some money.

Kaiser1962
19-03-2013, 03:31 PM
They can rot for all I care. You reap what you sow. Shouldn't have overspend all those years.

I always enjoyed going to EEP but I get your point. Guys like Murray, Masterton and Romanov turn up and play rich man with other peoples money and when it goes belly up they disappear like snaw of a dyke. Murray and Masterton clearly used their influence to direct funds to their pet projects without many questions being asked and, when truly scrutinised, their plans fell apart. Romanov used ordinary Lith savers money to finance his ego driven Yams, and this was lapped up by the puddle drinkers. Its all very easy when its other, unsuspecting, folks money you are playing games with.

I do have sympathy for the fans of these clubs (well Dunfy) but this is tempered by my recollections of their comments when they lured players from us by offering sums of money we could not (nor they it seems) afford or justify.

Keith_M
19-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I remember feeling gutted when they lured Brewster from us by offering stuoid money. They did this more than once (Crawford springs to mind) so that has to have been a factor in getting to where they are now.

That doesn't stop me having sympathy for the Pars fans as they are now in serious danger of losing their club.

I get what people are saying about there being too many senior clubs in Scotland and that there aren't enough fans to support so many clubs. What I would add is that there probably are, the problem is that about 80% of them support either half of the ugly sisters.

LeighLoyal
19-03-2013, 03:53 PM
SDM's personal blank cheque writer, Mr Masterton, is to blame. A David Duff type, and we know what happened to him. Pokey!

Chuck Rhoades
19-03-2013, 03:56 PM

I don't understand the obsession on here with helping them out. We have no friends in Scottish football, nor would I want any. Dunfermline have got themselves into the mess they are in. Why not arrange a kick about ourselves to raise money for our club, Hibernian?

LancsHibs
19-03-2013, 03:56 PM
If you want to help Dunfermline this weekend why not go to their game this Saturday? Sounds a better idea than playing a pointless friendly on the Sunday

DarrenSQH
19-03-2013, 04:09 PM
If you want to help Dunfermline this weekend why not go to their game this Saturday? Sounds a better idea than playing a pointless friendly on the Sunday

I'm going, be good to see a future hibs manager for the first time.

blindsummit
19-03-2013, 04:55 PM

Will there be agame though? I believe HMRC have been granted a winding up order.

http://www.edinburgh-gazette.co.uk/issues/27225/notices/28/

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Can we not have the hector avatars on this thread? :na na:

maturehibby
19-03-2013, 05:29 PM
seems that going to the Dumbarton game on Saturday is my best bet and will be able to see how Ian Murray is getting on and also see how Scott Smith is playing too and may even get a chance of a pie as long as Kaimend and Hermit Crab are not there - see the Ross County pie eating contest between them to make sense of that

Sudds_1
19-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Maybe i'm being bias, but I feel terrible for Dunfermline.

Their fanbase has been dwindling over all these years because of more and more uneducated delinquents jumping on the old firm bandwagon. It makes me sick.

Dunfermline have just tried to maintain their place in Scottish Football, unlike Hearts who drove up debt because they thought they were bigger and better than what they really were.

Dunfermline really don't deserve to be going under.

Yep, that's my overall view as well. Dunfermline didn't have the Billy big baws mentality all too prevalent in the Saviles. They just wanted to compete at the top end. And the gamble backfired.

chrisski33
19-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Shudnt we be concentrating getting our games to sell out and spend money on our own team rather than on a team who has over spent and not managed its own finances very well?
I could bet any money no dunfermline fan would help us if we were in the same position as them

Chuck Rhoades
19-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Shudnt we be concentrating getting our games to sell out and spend money on our own team rather than on a team who has over spent and not managed its own finances very well?
I could bet any money no dunfermline fan would help us if we were in the same position as them

:top marks

This. As noted above, we have no friends in Scottish football. Lets stop pretending to be friends with others. Why not send your money to Hibs?

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 06:20 PM
If anyone can give me 3 good reasons why a Hibs supporter should give financial help to Dunfermline then I will send a donation to East End Park.

weonlywon6-2
19-03-2013, 06:31 PM
:top marks

This. As noted above, we have no friends in Scottish football. Lets stop pretending to be friends with others. Why not send your money to Hibs?

Is your favourite song "Only the lonely" by any chance???

Hibs fans and the club have many friends throughout the world,you have been to Parkhead once to often i feel:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
19-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Is your favourite song "Only the lonely" by any chance???

Hibs fans and the club have many friends throughout the world,you have been to Parkhead once to often i feel:greengrin

Around the World yes, Scotland less so.

allezsauzee
19-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Maybe Jimmy Calderwood could stop going to the tanning salon and donate the money to the Pars seeing as most of their overspending seemed to occur on his watch?

weonlywon6-2
19-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Around the World yes, Scotland less so.

I can only presume you have had very different experiences from me.In 35 plus years i have had very little issue in Scotland with fans of other teams when i have met them.

each to their own i guess:wink:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 06:44 PM
I can only presume you have had very different experiences from me.In 35 plus years i have had very little issue in Scotland with fans of other teams when i have met them.

:agree: I have found many fans of other teams to be friendly and welcoming.

eastterrace
19-03-2013, 06:45 PM
If anyone can give me 3 good reasons why a Hibs supporter should give financial help to Dunfermline then I will send a donation to East End Park.

alex edwards , beat hearts in 1968 cup final , i was there supporting dunfermline , can only think of two so maybe you coud cut your donation to two thirds

Chuck Rhoades
19-03-2013, 06:46 PM

What I am getting at if **** hit the fan at Easter Road and we were in need of additional income I can't see supporters of ANY other club paying money to watch us like some are suggesting to do with DAFC.

rcarter1
19-03-2013, 07:08 PM
As an aside to helping the Pars - which I in principle support, a friendly played with a good dose of younger players would not only be a useful exercise for the club, but if the gate was shared, would be good for both clubs no?

£10 per head, 4-5 thousand there, worth the while? :dunno:

Iggy Pope
19-03-2013, 07:11 PM
As an aside to helping the Pars - which I in principle support, a friendly played with a good dose of younger players would not only be a useful exercise for the club, but if the gate was shared, would be good for both clubs no?

£10 per head, 4-5 thousand there, worth the while? :dunno:

Eh? Can't see it as good PR to help out a club struggling for survival with a benefit match only to toodle off with half the gate.

Akin to the yams giving one of their greatest ever servants a testimonial and deducting the cost of the match ball! (fact)

rcarter1
19-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Eh? Can't see it as good PR to help out a club struggling for survival with a benefit match only to toodle off with half the gate.

Akin to the yams giving one of their greatest ever servants a testimonial and deducting the cost of the match ball! (fact)

Did this actually happen lol!

As for the sharing of the gate, Im not sure its bad PR as such. To offer such a gesture at all would be decent in my book. You could give each club the money from their own fans for example. If they were to bring 10,000 (which seems absurdly unlikely) then all the good for them. Anyway there will be costs to cover etc. so Hibs taking some cash in a scenario like this seems fair enough.

Iggy Pope
19-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Did this actually happen lol!

As for the sharing of the gate, Im not sure its bad PR as such. To offer such a gesture at all would be decent in my book. You could give each club the money from their own fans for example. If they were to bring 10,000 (which seems absurdly unlikely) then all the good for them. Anyway there will be costs to cover etc. so Hibs taking some cash in a scenario like this seems fair enough.

Willie Bauld was the victim

Famous Fiver
19-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Willie Bauld.

versus Sheffield United if I remember corectly.

He never darkened Tynie's door again after that.

Went right up in my estimation.

Ricky Bobby
19-03-2013, 07:45 PM
alex edwards , beat hearts in 1968 cup final , i was there supporting dunfermline , can only think of two so maybe you coud cut your donation to two thirds

They run out at East End to Into The Valley. Absolute class.

:aok:

Onion
19-03-2013, 08:06 PM

Harsh but true.. every sympathy with the genuine DAFC fan however the reality is that the club has been mismanaged, living beyond its means and likely benefitting on the field of play from that overspend. As someone who has followed a club for 50 years with little more than bread and water and hard earned 3 league cup wins - probably because it has been pretty well managed within its means - I'm a tad ambivalent to those clubs who fall on hard times because of overspending.

rcarter1
19-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Not sure Ill get three good ones but

1) Loss of Pars = even more Old firm fans in the future.

2) Will deflect the 'armageddon' spin, spouted to us over the summer, and further reinforce that non Old Firm clubs can work together..

3) Because they are not Huns and they are not Hearts.

Crazyhorse
19-03-2013, 09:32 PM
No reason to think that.

HMRC have threatened HMFC with winding-up orders in recent months, and have got their payments as a result.

Fair enough. I didn't think they had got anything yet but had arranged some sort of schedule which begins in May.

sambajustice
19-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Its about time some teams went down the toilet. Scotland is too small for so many "top" level clubs.

Anyone got an Ivan Drago .gif...?

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Fair enough. I didn't think they had got anything yet but had arranged some sort of schedule which begins in May.

The winding up orders were in respect of unpaid PAYE , just like Dunfermline . The instalment plan is for the tax investigation into payments to the foreign players.

monktonharp
19-03-2013, 10:05 PM
They can rot for all I care. You reap what you sow. Shouldn't have overspend all those years.is this the pars fans you want to rot? they've never called us a wee team, have they?

kaimendhibs
19-03-2013, 10:12 PM
The sentiment is to be admired and commended but 1. They call Raith the wee team, we know how hilarious that is. 2. Raith tried to help them but thier own fans didn't rally to the call. 3. That wee git hammill dived in that semi final giving the other git Thomson the opportunity to award that penalty. 4. That git McIntyre took the p155 by chipping afore mentioned penalty. 6. They no longer have Stephens bridies due to not paying the bill. For these reasons, I'm out!!

monktonharp
19-03-2013, 10:19 PM
What I am getting at if **** hit the fan at Easter Road and we were in need of additional income I can't see supporters of ANY other club paying money to watch us like some are suggesting to do with DAFC.sorry, but I distinctly recall shaking hands with loads of fans wearing dunf/jags/morton etc colours at Er, for the fans rally in our clubs darkest days re-mercer!

Crazyhorse
19-03-2013, 10:40 PM
The winding up orders were in respect of unpaid PAYE , just like Dunfermline . The instalment plan is for the tax investigation into payments to the foreign players.

I see. Cheers I find it difficult to keep up with the jambo's debts.

maturehibby
19-03-2013, 10:41 PM
The sentiment is to be admired and commended but 1. They call Raith the wee team, we know how hilarious that is. 2. Raith tried to help them but thier own fans didn't rally to the call. 3. That wee git hammill dived in that semi final giving the other git Thomson the opportunity to award that penalty. 4. That git McIntyre took the p155 by chipping afore mentioned penalty. 6. They no longer have Stephens bridies due to not pay ing the bill. For these reasons, I'm out!!

And you wont have to drive over the Forth Road bridge again - You really know how to carry a grudge about Stevens bridies not being available - you know you send the conductor down to the shops at Cowdenbeath regularly for steak bridies so its not as if you are going without them and surely that is not a good enough reason to want them to go to the wall .
However I partially agree about the semi at Hampden but that was Thomson wanting to give any team that Hibs play an advantage - so lets give them one more chance and are you for going to Dunfermline on saturday - Via the Stevens shop in Dunfermline town centre

Hibeesforever
20-03-2013, 11:04 AM

I) without opposition teams like Dunfermline, Scottish football will end up SPL first team vs SPL second team.

II) Dunfermline supporters helped Hibs during the Hand off Hibs campaign.

III) Opportunity for Hibernian supporters to attend and claim the moral fiscal high ground. We try and run our football club as a balanced budget.
Hibernian representatives should be more visible setting the structure both league and financial of the Scottish game.

Crazyhorse
20-03-2013, 12:24 PM
I) without opposition teams like Dunfermline, Scottish football will end up SPL first team vs SPL second team.

II) Dunfermline supporters helped Hibs during the Hand off Hibs campaign.

III) Opportunity for Hibernian supporters to attend and claim the moral fiscal high ground. We try and run our football club as a balanced budget.
Hibernian representatives should be more visible setting the structure both league and financial of the Scottish game.

4. We may need a team to play derby's against in the future (hopefully :cb)

scoopyboy
20-03-2013, 12:40 PM

Sorry for the late reply.

Cutting its cloth accordingly when the debt has been racked up is too little too late.

As HOMOFC have found out cutting your cloth merely keeps the debt at roughly the same.

The damage was done in the years when they grossly overspent on players wages.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Cutting its cloth accordingly when the debt has been racked up is too little too late.

As HOMOFC have found out cutting your cloth merely keeps the debt at roughly the same.

The drastic efforts of those in charge now, are a direct result of the overspending in the past. It catches up with you in the end, its down to them now, as it is with the gimps on the other side of town.

Beefster
20-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Yup. The argument that Dunfermline haven't overspent because they cut their cloth a few years ago is nonsense.

GreenCastle
20-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Hearts sell Tynie and move / merge with Dunfermline and play at East End Park - Heart of Dunfermline :paranoid:

buffy
22-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi there

Hi there I'm Buffy from www.dafc.net (butdon't let that put you off) and I am extending an invitation to all SPLsupporters to ask if you would come and help save our club. We, as you probably know, aresuffering severe financial strain with only a miracle left to rejuvenate anychance of survival. I don't mean to sound dramatic - but truly get thoselottery tickets bought tonight folks, in the words of Princess Leia to allsupporters : "You're our only hope!" We have a game, even if it thepitch is under 6ft of snow by 1.30pm, versus Dumbarton. KO3pm.Admission prices – tickets available at the stadium:Main Stand (on Halbeath Road) £19, concessions £13, Under12s £7All other stands £17, concessions £11, Under 12s £5Family tickets – only available in the Norrie McCathie Stand One adult& one u12 £20 / two u12s £22 We NEED as many supportersthrough our gates tomorrow. Please, if you can, bring yourselves, your friends,your family, pets, ok not pets, but any other bodies you can possibly muster -even (gasp) non-football fans (do they exist?). If you would like to make a donation to help our club, the ParsSupporters Trust have provided a Staff Support Fund to ensure our club staff,players and backroom staff are helped financially and directly. If you wouldlike details on how to donate please do not hesitate to contact me by PM or bymy email: buffy2angel@hotmail.com (buffy2angel@hotmail.com). Thank you.COME ON YE PAAAARS! Buffy x Edited to add details.

Keith_M
22-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately, it's a bit far for me (from Munich) but I'd like to wish you all the best of luck.

If there's any other way I could help, though, please let me know

Andy74
22-03-2013, 01:29 PM
No sympathy from me. Live within your means or pay the consequences. Don't expect others to come along and bail you out when our own club needs our cash.

Cabbage East
22-03-2013, 01:32 PM
There's been a few folk on here already that have said they're going along pal. Good luck.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2013, 01:35 PM
While I have some sympathy for your plight as a fellow football supporter, I prefer to put the money into my own club, so for that reason I can't invest in you and I'm out.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 01:38 PM
No sympathy from me. Live within your means or pay the consequences. Don't expect others to come along and bail you out when our own club needs our cash.

:rolleyes:

Andy74
22-03-2013, 01:44 PM
:rolleyes:

Do you have any reason why I should feel differently?

Franck Stanton
22-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Remember beating us in the cup semi-final with a dodgy penalty ? Well for that reason I will not be there [yes I do hold grudges].

Try those puddle drinkers from the pbs - maybe they will bake you a cake.

wearethehibs
22-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Why are they in that position? Cause I dont remember them ever spending loads on players?
Is it to do with having to make there ground comply with SPL rules or is it just that fans don't turn up to games?

Steviie
22-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I have never liked your club and can't wait for it to die, enjoy being a Falkirk fan :)

Last Minute
22-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Why are they in that position? Cause I dont remember them ever spending loads on players?
Is it to do with having to make there ground comply with SPL rules or is it just that fans don't turn up to games?

Ask some raith rovers fans, some are saying they did spend above there means a few years back

Billy Whizz
22-03-2013, 01:54 PM
I just hope we don't need help from other teams. A polite no thank you would be sufficient in my opinion

DarrenSQH
22-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Im heading along. Doing my bit to save the Pars as its my local club.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2013, 02:01 PM
I just hope we don't need help from other teams. A polite no thank you would be sufficient in my opinion

I totally agree with you, are these the same folk who talk about Hibs class!

HibeeN
22-03-2013, 02:03 PM

:agree: The old "if you've not got anything nice to say, don't say anything" comes to mind here.

The guy is just trying to help his club and asking for some help - there was a thread on here not so long ago by a Hibs fan with exactly the same idea. Whether you want to help or not, there's no need for bitterness or smugness. I'd hate to be in the same position if it was Hibs, and even if you can't sympathise with how the club has conducted its business, surely you can empathise with the supporters.

Good luck to them, hope they can manage to find a way out of their predicament.

The Sea-gull
22-03-2013, 02:13 PM

:agree: or just don't post on the thread. It's not the Dunfermline fans' fault their club are in a state. They are just trying everything they can to save their club. Leave the classless comments to the Yams though given the big glasshouse they are in their stones won't be thrown on this one.

You just never know, we may need similar help in the future.

PS - the comment on the dodgy penalty in the 2007 cup semi final. Can't even really remember it being that dodgy but again not the Dunfermline fans' (or anyone connected with DAFC for that matter) fault. If you are a top half of the table team and can't beat a team sitting at the bottom of the league over 210 mins of football then you don't deserve a cup final place.

hibeedonald
22-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Yeah the directors etc have ****ed up but you can't blame the fans?

Saorsa
22-03-2013, 02:17 PM
I just hope we don't need help from other teams. A polite no thank you would be sufficient in my opinion:agree:

GlenrothesHibee
22-03-2013, 02:19 PM
If i wasnt working id be there. All the best

Vini1875
22-03-2013, 02:26 PM
No need for the snide comments IMHO. Its not that long ago we were close to the brink through a combination of foolish board room decisions. I would feel for most clubs who find themselves about to die, with a few notable exceptions maybe.

jacomo
22-03-2013, 02:27 PM

A little basic human compassion, perhaps?

MrSmith
22-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Got a wee soft spot for the pars (family ties) therefore all the best and hope it works out. I'm too ill to come along tomorrow but my thoughts are with your plight.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi there

I'm Buffy from www.dafc.net (but don't let that put you off) and I am extending an invitation to all SPL supporters to ask if you would come and help save our club.

We, as you probably know, are suffering severe financial strain with only a miracle left to rejuvenate any chance of survival. I don't mean to sound dramatic - but truly get those lottery tickets bought tonight folks, in the words of Princess Leia to all supporters : "You're our only hope!" (I do not and am not likely to ever purchase said sexy outfit so forget any chance of a photo).

We have a game, even if it the pitch is under 6ft of snow by 1.30pm, versus Dumbarton. KO3pm.

We NEED as many supporters through our gates tomorrow. Please, if you can, bring yourselves, your friends, your family, pets, ok not pets, but any other bodies you can possibly muster - even (gasp) non-football fans (do they exist?).

Thanks for reading (and mair likely ignoring and laughing and pointing fingers).

Buffy x

What's the weather forecast Buffy? Postponement could be a disaster.

Brooster
22-03-2013, 02:59 PM
No thanks. I'll not be helping you pay your tax bills.

frazeHFC
22-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Cousins/uncle are Dunfy fans so sad seeing them going this way, but certainly can't afford to make it tomorrow (can hardly make it to our own games).

HibeeMG
22-03-2013, 03:07 PM
I'll be at EEP this weekend, just as I have been a few times this season.

My mate is a Pars season ticket holder and also sponsors a players shirt. I have gone along to EEP with him when the Hibs haven't been playing or were away, since the early 1990's.

This is the first time I'll have gone with my Hibs top on (although it might be under four layers due to the weather!). I'm doing this to show some solidarity.

The people who give it the "they spent too much, so they deserve what they get", are confusing themselves due to their ignorance of the situation.

Yes, they overspent on wages a few years ago. All clubs, including our own could be accused of that. If that was all that was wrong, the Pars would've been fine. They've been taken for a ride by a crook straight out of the David Murray school of football ownership (there are ties there). Just be thankful we were blessed with the owner and chairman we have.

Pete
22-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Are people wearing their hibs colours along?

Andy74
22-03-2013, 03:12 PM
A little basic human compassion, perhaps?

He/she isn't asking for that - they are asking for financial support by way of me going along. I haven't been impolite, I've given my reasons why I won't support it. I'm a member here and he has chosen to ask support for his club on this site which kind of means I'm more than entitled to comment on it whether it's a nice thing to say or not.

Whether it was yesterday or ten years ago they did not work under a sustainable model - something we have suffered on the pitch for doing so as a club I'm not about to help them out.

givescotlandfreedom
22-03-2013, 03:13 PM

That might end in tears, the poster posted the same on sickbag.

Boyle89
22-03-2013, 03:16 PM
My pal got my ticket yesterday. Will be strange sitting in the same end as them. Being from Dunfermline and having lots of mates who are pars fans I will be helping out. Already donated a whole £1:wink:.

Phil D. Rolls
22-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Really hope you pull it off. We nearly went to the wall 20 years ago. Since then, we've tried to live within our means.

Hibs07p
22-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi there

I'm Buffy from www.dafc.net (but don't let that put you off) and I am extending an invitation to all SPL supporters to ask if you would come and help save our club.

We, as you probably know, are suffering severe financial strain with only a miracle left to rejuvenate any chance of survival. I don't mean to sound dramatic - but truly get those lottery tickets bought tonight folks, in the words of Princess Leia to all supporters : "You're our only hope!" (I do not and am not likely to ever purchase said sexy outfit so forget any chance of a photo).

We have a game, even if it the pitch is under 6ft of snow by 1.30pm, versus Dumbarton. KO3pm.

We NEED as many supporters through our gates tomorrow. Please, if you can, bring yourselves, your friends, your family, pets, ok not pets, but any other bodies you can possibly muster - even (gasp) non-football fans (do they exist?).

Thanks for reading (and mair likely ignoring and laughing and pointing fingers).

Buffy x

Buffy, a lot of people on here believe the Pars are struggling because of living beyond their means. Is this the case, or are there other reasons why the Pars are where they are? I'm not saying it would make any difference, but if it is down to being ripped off by directors or such, then it could make a difference.
GGTTH

DarrenSQH
22-03-2013, 03:21 PM

I wore mine last week and the pars fans were brilliant. A credit to their club.

truehibernian
22-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I'll be at EEP this weekend, just as I have been a few times this season.

My mate is a Pars season ticket holder and also sponsors a players shirt. I have gone along to EEP with him when the Hibs haven't been playing or were away, since the early 1990's.

This is the first time I'll have gone with my Hibs top on (although it might be under four layers due to the weather!). I'm doing this to show some solidarity.

The people who give it the "they spent too much, so they deserve what they get", are confusing themselves due to their ignorance of the situation.

Yes, they overspent on wages a few years ago. All clubs, including our own could be accused of that. If that was all that was wrong, the Pars would've been fine. They've been taken for a ride by a crook straight out of the David Murray school of football ownership (there are ties there). Just be thankful we were blessed with the owner and chairman we have.

The situation is desperate at EEP mate and I sympathise - but as brooster does point out, helping pay a tax bill that Masterton and Co can and should pay - sorry, I'm out but would happily explore other ways to help them. The football club at the start of the season, even with the The Rangers saga, knew their budget - yet they signed players - that's poor poor financial management and they must have known about tax and PAYE - they've chanced their arm in my opinion.

They have a listed squad of 28 players and signed around 12 in pre-season - a few for a 'fee'. Within that they'll surely have known their other liabilities linked to the salaries.

Like you I have a couple of mates who are Pars fans through and through - but I know that there are a fair few rich Pars fans who could easily step in if they really wanted too. And the present owner should pay his bills.

I absolutely wish them all the best in their efforts though - cracking set of fans and great place to go and watch football.

Gerard
22-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope DUFC will survive. Good luck

HibeeMG
22-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I hope DUFC will survive. Good luck

I'm sure Dundee United will be glad of your support. Not sure how it helps Dunfermline mind. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2013, 03:41 PM
been to dunfy more times than i've been to that piggery s winecastle, always been a good wee outing, i hope the pars get through this :agree:

TAHibby
22-03-2013, 03:45 PM
It's a massive shame that good honest fans that always go along to support their team have to suffer because of dodgy financial management from the clubs owners.

Eyemouth Hibby
22-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Ah fair play to the guy I say for using another club's forum. I may be as naive as a Young Kevin Thompson but I think it's quite intuitive. He's just doing his level best to help his club which I'm sure we all would do in the circumstances. Good luck mate. If the toads from across the city tried it mind, my response might be a bit more different.

HibeeMG
22-03-2013, 03:48 PM
The situation is desperate at EEP mate and I sympathise - but as brooster does point out, helping pay a tax bill that Masterton and Co can and should pay - sorry, I'm out but would happily explore other ways to help them. The football club at the start of the season, even with the The Rangers saga, knew their budget - yet they signed players - that's poor poor financial management and they must have known about tax and PAYE - they've chanced their arm in my opinion.

They have a listed squad of 28 players and signed around 12 in pre-season - a few for a 'fee'. Within that they'll surely have known their other liabilities linked to the salaries.

Like you I have a couple of mates who are Pars fans through and through - but I know that there are a fair few rich Pars fans who could easily step in if they really wanted too. And the present owner should pay his bills.

I absolutely wish them all the best in their efforts though - cracking set of fans and great place to go and watch football.

I understand where your coming from, I really do. Without wanting to sound like a Hearts journo, it's all very complex (copyright B.Anderson 2013).

As far as I'm aware, they did know of their liabilites but didn't know the extent of the problem due to the shady finances of Masterton.

The guy has DAFC wrapped up in a web of different companies that are all interlinked financially. The loans secured on EEP were fed into this "organisation" never to be seen or indeed, used, by the club.

I agree, Masterton should be paying HIS debts to HMRC and the like but he seems intent on bringing the club down as it is now so interlaced with his own finances he wouldn't be able to walk away cleanly.

For the club to move forward they need to clear this tax bill. If they do, they can then address the larger issue of who owes what and where.

Like I say, I understand that from the outside it looks like a case of overspending and can understand why people would react the way they are given what we've been through with The Rangers and The Yams.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 04:01 PM
I've got a lot of sympathy for the fans of Dunfermline, it's not their fault that their club is in such a state and I hope they achieve their target of helping their club survive.

However I don't see the difference between Dunfermline and Rangers and Hearts. Unlike those other two clubs, I wish Dunfermline all the best but I won't be looking to contribute to the cause.

3pm
22-03-2013, 04:06 PM
A shame for the fans.

iwasthere1972
22-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm too lazy to read the facts but as far as I can tell Dunfermline haven't gone out and spent millions of pounds to gain an advantage over other clubs. Nether have they won any silverware in the process. So can't compare them with the cheats at Gorgie and Ibrox.

Love away days at East End Park and have a soft spot for Dunfermline. Probably going back to 1968 when they beat the Jambos in the Scottish Cup.

Good luck Dunfermline. I'm sure you'll survive.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm too lazy to read the facts but as far as I can tell Dunfermline haven't gone out and spent millions of pounds to gain an advantage over other clubs. Nether have they won any silverware in the process. So can't compare them with the cheats at Gorgie and Ibrox.

Love away days at East End Park and have a soft spot for Dunfermline. Probably going back to 1968 when they beat the Jambos in the Scottish Cup.

Good luck Dunfermline. I'm sure you'll survive.

Perhaps not on the same scale but the club, whether through intricate loans or company arrangements or not, have been spending more than they can afford to the extent that they now can't service it or make payments.

As has been pointed out they have a decent sized squad which they added to this year. Fans are not directly responsible and I have some sympathy with them if they didn't encourage this but times are tough for all clubs. When Petrie asks for more backing he gets dogs abuse. Fans of another club asks and we all have to play nice, nah, not for me.

scuttle
22-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Think you are going to be unlucky with the weather mate ,it might keep the punters away. Hope not and really hope you survive a famous name in the Scottish game, Goog luck

Pete
22-03-2013, 04:23 PM
That might end in tears, the poster posted the same on sickbag.

Sounds like some of them are more interested in giving Murray abuse. Not one person on here has said anything about Jeffries.

It just shows you the difference.

Up The Bracket
22-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm going but I'll be in the Dumbarton end.

Only one Ian Murray! :agree:

Green Fish
22-03-2013, 05:31 PM
I have never liked your club and can't wait for it to die, enjoy being a Falkirk fan :)

Brutal. Get a grip man.

Hiber-nation
22-03-2013, 05:52 PM

Why bother coming on here to slag off Dunfermline? Can you not do it on a Falkirk forum? :confused:

Good luck to the Pars, really hope they survive.

paul_hfc3
22-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Moan the Pars!! good luck to yous

GGTTH

Steviie
22-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Why bother coming on here to slag off Dunfermline? Can you not do it on a Falkirk forum? :confused:

Good luck to the Pars, really hope they survive.

Oh sorry I thought this was a forum where I could post my opinion. Or is thst not allowed? Freedom of speech.

Steviie
22-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Brutal. Get a grip man.
Hm no thank you? The fact is we are hibs fans, we care about hibs... Why not give hibs some money so they can compete and sign better players or maybe keep Leigh? Why should we bail out DAFC? Not our problem and they have there own fans EEP holds 11 thousand why don't the pars fans move there a$$ and save the club they love?!?yes we almost went to the wall but we shouldn't feel guilty and help out an other cub when you have people in here screaming at the board that we are pish and we need to sign Leigh, once again Die DAFC :)

scuttle
22-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Hm no thank you? The fact is we are hibs fans, we care about hibs... Why not give hibs some money so they can compete and sign better players or maybe keep Leigh? Why should we bail out DAFC? Not our problem and they have there own fans EEP holds 11 thousand why don't the pars fans move there a$$ and save the club they love?!?yes we almost went to the wall but we shouldn't feel guilty and help out an other cub when you have people in here screaming at the board that we are pish and we need to sign Leigh, once again Die DAFC :)

As a matter of interest why do you dislike them so much?

Hiber-nation
22-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Oh sorry I thought this was a forum where I could post my opinion. Or is thst not allowed? Freedom of speech.

I'm not sure why a Falkirk fan should come on here to slag off Dunfermline. But in your next post you say you are a Hibs fan...I'm a bit confused.

EuanH78
22-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Not feeling too well just now but had been thinking about going in the Dumbarton end. From what I understand it has been GM that's ripped off the club. I won't make it to more because feeling I'll but will gladly make a wee donation - probably better than giving GM anything anyway.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 06:38 PM
If I wasn't working I might have considered going along with hibs top in hand, a weekend without going to a game is a tad boring. Hope the weather holds up.

Steviie
22-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure why a Falkirk fan should come on here to slag off Dunfermline. But in your next post you say you are a Hibs fan...I'm a bit confused.
When did I say I was a Falkirk fan? I said to the pars fan enjoy being a Falkirk fan lol

Hiber-nation
22-03-2013, 06:43 PM
When did I say I was a Falkirk fan? I said to the pars fan enjoy being a Falkirk fan lol

Aye...err...ok.

fat freddy
22-03-2013, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=wearethehibs;3544331]Why are they in that position? Cause I dont remember them ever spending loads on players?

They spent £600,000 on Istvan Kozma back in the early nineties...like a lot of clubs they were suckered into trying to keep up with the Govans and they are now paying the price for living beyond their means...a shame, as i like dunfermline...always enjoy the short trip over to fife and their fans are alright..my first away game outside of edinburgh with just my mates when i was 10...we got the football special and we won 4-0...loved their shed and the noise the hibbies made...I still remember walking in early to soak up the atmosphere thinking 'this is better without faither, I'd still be standing outside a pub with a bag of crisps if i went with him'

Jonnyboy
22-03-2013, 08:01 PM
He/she isn't asking for that - they are asking for financial support by way of me going along. I haven't been impolite, I've given my reasons why I won't support it. I'm a member here and he has chosen to ask support for his club on this site which kind of means I'm more than entitled to comment on it whether it's a nice thing to say or not.

Whether it was yesterday or ten years ago they did not work under a sustainable model - something we have suffered on the pitch for doing so as a club I'm not about to help them out.

Were you as sanctimonius when Hibs bought their way back out of the First Division Andy?

Jones28
22-03-2013, 08:02 PM

No need to slate the guy when all he's trying to do is save his beloved football club. Go and moan somewhere else.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Were you as sanctimonius when Hibs bought their way back out of the First Division Andy?

All paid for ourselves. I can't recall not paying wages or taxes or getting the begging bowl out to other clubs to help us pay it back.

Northernhibee
22-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Feel what you want, but you can show a bit of class and humility and know when to keep it buttoned.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Feel what you want, but you can show a bit of class and humility and know when to keep it buttoned.

Nothing to do with class or humility. He's doing the rounds on fans forums and its very obvious people will reply with their thoughts. Not much class in trying to tell other when they can speak by the way.

Northernhibee
22-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Nothing to do with class or humility. He's doing the rounds on fans forums and its very obvious people will reply with their thoughts. Not much class in trying to tell other when they can speak by the way.

I'm so glad you did share your thoughts by the way. I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that. Aye, GIRUY Dunfermline for whatever reason. That'll show em.

marinello59
22-03-2013, 08:27 PM

The beauty of freedom of speech is that you are free to make a total backside of yourself if you want. Fill your boots.

Steviie
22-03-2013, 08:38 PM
No need to slate the guy when all he's trying to do is save his beloved football club. Go and moan somewhere else.

.... But other users were moaning at me ? I only gave my opinion as a member on here. And other people got butt hurt, I was only explaining myself when asked. So how is that moaning ?

Steviie
22-03-2013, 08:39 PM
The beauty of freedom of speech is that you are free to make a total backside of yourself if you want. Fill your boots.

Just like how you are right now lol?

Jonnyboy
22-03-2013, 08:42 PM
All paid for ourselves. I can't recall not paying wages or taxes or getting the begging bowl out to other clubs to help us pay it back.

You conveniently miss my point. Reactions like yours are based on the premise that Dunfermline lived beyond their means and tried to buy success when doing so. We lived beyond our means and tried to buy success by doing so. Granted the stewardship of Hibs has been excellent in terms of controlling the finances whereas Dunfermline as a club have failed miserably to do so. By all means have a pop at their owners/directors but at least show some compassion for a fan seeking to find ways of saving the club he/she loves

HibeeMG
22-03-2013, 08:48 PM
You conveniently miss my point. Reactions like yours are based on the premise that Dunfermline lived beyond their means and tried to buy success when doing so. We lived beyond our means and tried to buy success by doing so. Granted the stewardship of Hibs has been excellent in terms of controlling the finances whereas Dunfermline as a club have failed miserably to do so. By all means have a pop at their owners/directors but at least show some compassion for a fan seeking to find ways of saving the club he/she loves

Well said.

Steviie
22-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Seriously if anyone is going to have a go at me for me not being all "poor DAFC, poor DAFC" they over spent and beg scottish football & if you idiots wanna donate or even go to there games to save them then you are as stupid as the yams !! Why not give the football club you support money? Better yet if you wanna help out a club, why not the yams ? What's that? You hate them?! But they are still someone's football club and after all it's not the fans fault right? Bollocks, why help DAFC out, they made there bed time to lay in it ... I want them to die personally, would be good, I mean there ground is a hole, no one attends games, why not give a smaller club with more fans a chance in the 3rd division? Boring club, boring fans and no hope. bye bye .. Oh yeah also to the people who wanna go along and support them, will you be attending the hearts game? Or better yet the the rangers game? Ps show some loyalty to your own club

Saorsa
22-03-2013, 08:51 PM
:blah:

weecounty hibby
22-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Sorry but they should be spending their time trying to get more DAFC fans through the gate. This is just another unsustainable short term gimmick. Even if 10,000 turn up from other clubs tomorrow they will be back to less than 2,000 next week. They need to help themselves as we have had to do in the past.

Steviie
22-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Sorry but they should be spending their time trying to get more DAFC fans through the gate. This is just another unsustainable short term gimmick. Even if 10,000 turn up from other clubs tomorrow they will be back to less than 2,000 next week. They need to help themselves as we have had to do in the past.
Spot on

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:38 PM

:agree: Maybe they could play all their games on a friday night, so all the fans who want them saved could go watch them friday and Hibs Saturday? And if Hertz maybe arrange for their games on a Monday, thats another team we could help save.

And there was me thinking football was too expensive? :offski:

HibeeMG
22-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Jeez. The Pars fan had the humility to come on to another team's forum and ask for help and gets this response! Definitely NOT Hibs class.

They asked the question. It's up to you whether you think they deserve your time and money. Nobody is saying you should go and nobody will blame you if you don't, whatever the reason you have.

At least have the common courtesy to give them the credit they deserve for at least trying to do something. It's a hell of a better idea than cake sales and face painting!

MrSmith
22-03-2013, 09:48 PM

I think there is a bit more to it all. If sporting integrity was in place and the SFA/SPL had baws and wern't so sycophantic in nature, then both Rangers and Hearts would have been the casualties meaning Dunfermline would have stayed up through fairness. Although I understand it might not have been enough to save them, they would have had access to further and more funding in the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Jeez. The Pars fan had the humility to come on to another team's forum and ask for help and gets this response! Definitely NOT Hibs class.

They asked the question. It's up to you whether you think they deserve your time and money. Nobody is saying you should go and nobody will blame you if you don't, whatever the reason you have.

At least have the common courtesy to give them the credit they deserve for at least trying to do something. It's a hell of a better idea than cake sales and face painting!

I'd much rather have a chocolate eclair than watch Dunfermline. :devil:

HibeeMG
22-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd much rather have a chocolate eclair than watch Dunfermline. :devil:

I'm pretty sure you'd rather have a chocolate eclair than do most things! :na na:

marinello59
22-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Just like how you are right now lol?

My one saving grace is that I am well aware that I talk crap. What's yours?

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd rather have a chocolate eclair than do most things! :na na:

As long as it comes with a doughnut, what time you arriving with the eclair? :greengrin

trev the hat
22-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Motherwell, Dundee, Sevco, Airdrie, Livi, Yam to follow,
I'm not so sure this would be the end of the Pars if the worst happened.They have a good fan base, people that could invest, this to me is about removing the cancer that ihas been killing them,(Masterston) they will survive I'm sure & i for 1 look forward to many more enjoyable trips to EEP & least we forget the atmosphere @ ER last time we met.
Just make sure u bin FJK before our nxt visit :-)
Good luck on the journey GGTTH

Jones28
23-03-2013, 12:03 AM
.... But other users were moaning at me ? I only gave my opinion as a member on here. And other people got butt hurt, I was only explaining myself when asked. So how is that moaning ?

Iirc, there is another thread about the plight of Dunfermline and there financial situation, why not express your opinion there?

Billy Whizz
23-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Anyone know if their cry for support has resulted on a big turnout today?

Billy Whizz
23-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Seemingly around 4,000 or so turned up today. Leishman on Sportsound before ko, saying that the steering group he headed were having to walk away, as they can't take the club forward for the long-term.
Not sure if there is a tactical battle going on here with Gavin Masterton, or this is the end game!

DarrenSQH
23-03-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm at the game and it looks like 3500 maybe. Seen at least 5 other hibees in colours.

matty_f
23-03-2013, 02:59 PM
3500 is pish for a club that needs a cash boost as much as they do. Very disappointing.

Hainan Hibs
23-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Its just been one pish crowd after another since the numerous rallying calls for support.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2013, 03:19 PM
3500 this week, how many next week?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2013, 03:24 PM
They'll soon be a top 6 team in the SPL with crowds like that!

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Great win for Dumbarton.

Also good to see that Falkirk aren't in great form either, 2-0 loss at home to Hamilton.

hfc rd
23-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Great win for Dumbarton.

Also good to see that Falkirk aren't in great form either, 2-0 loss at home to Hamilton.

Ian Murray gets the better of fat Jeffries. Yeah good to see Falkirk aren't in great form going into our Scottish Cup semi final game.

Billy Whizz
23-03-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm at the game and it looks like 3500 maybe. Seen at least 5 other hibees in colours.

How did Scott Smith play

Pete
23-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Just back. Never been so cold in my life.

A few hibees in the main stand wearing colours and a couple who weren't. Low quality but a good game!

cabbageandribs1875
23-03-2013, 04:25 PM
FT jumbo jefferies 3 v ian murray 4

Maryhill Magyars 6 v livi 1 ouch, i believe uncle fester has put his name forward for the livi job

Broken Gnome
23-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Ian Murray gets the better of fat Jeffries. Yeah good to see Falkirk aren't in great form going into our Scottish Cup semi final game.

Falkirk were 'dreadful' according to the radio, and Darren Dods got the runaround by Stevie May.

Col2
23-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Falkirk were 'dreadful' according to the radio, and Darren Dods got the runaround by Stevie May.

Good to hear but I suspect they will have a new boss by the time the semi final comes around.

HibeeMG
23-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm just back from the game. I was wearing my colours but they were hidden under the 4 layers I had on (still not enough!).

A decent game with not a lot of skill on show, apart from Dumbarton's 2nd goal.

Seemingly the steering group don't trust Masterton to walk away if they pay the tax bill. So it's a big game of chicken to see who blinks first.

It may well end up in liquidation. The majority of the fans, it seems, would be in favour of a phoenix club like FC United of Manchester. Not a zombie club like The Rangers.

NOLA
23-03-2013, 06:17 PM
If dunfermline are liquidated, what happens to the points gained from playing them? Eg. Dumbartons 3 points from today

DaveF
23-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Semi interesting to see the club playing what could be their last game on the same day as one of their legends, Norrie McCathie's birthday. He would have been 52.

DH1875
23-03-2013, 08:02 PM
3500 this week, how many next week?

IF they can last that long I'd think it will be quite big as are they not playing Falkirk?

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-03-2013, 08:08 PM
IF they can last that long I'd think it will be quite big as are they not playing Falkirk?

Dunfermline play Falkirk on Wednesday.

chrisski33
23-03-2013, 08:36 PM

Maybe good to see they arent in good league form but we play them in the cup so u have to throw the form book out the window they could raise their game and we have a shocker!

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2013, 09:08 AM

I have no idea who they are playing, in fact i'm not even sure who we play? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-03-2013, 10:15 AM
What was the attendance yesterday?

Hermit Crab
24-03-2013, 10:57 AM
What was the attendance yesterday?

Just found it, 3409. Sadly probably not enough people showing up to save the club.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Just found it, 3409. Sadly probably not enough people showing up to save the club.

Deary me, 3409 and thats with all the begging other clubs to help them. They wont help themselves, i'm not sure why others should bother?:confused:

.Sean.
24-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Where are all the Pars fans that turned out for their recent finals?

They're not interested in helping themselves so why should we care?

Hermit Crab
24-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Deary me, 3409 and thats with all the begging other clubs to help them. They wont help themselves, i'm not sure why others should bother?:confused:

Yeah, if they can't help themselves why should we/other clubs bother to help them.

Iggy Pope
24-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Semi interesting to see the club playing what could be their last game on the same day as one of their legends, Norrie McCathie's birthday. He would have been 52.

If .net had a 'like' button, this would get it.

Peevemor
24-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I got to know him a bit when he had the pub with John Watson (it was my mate's local). He was a sound guy and certainly wouldn't have idly stood by watching what's currently happening to his club.

KeithTheHibby
24-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Utterly abysmal if you ask me. Apathy must run deep over in the kingdom!

Iggy Pope
24-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I got to know him a bit when he had the pub with John Watson (it was my mate's local). He was a sound guy and certainly wouldn't have idly stood by watching what's currently happening to his club.

Again, if there was button......good Hibby, too John Watson and a pumper of the Huns........

DaveF
25-03-2013, 07:02 AM
So what time is the court case today?

I'll predict an adjournement \ extension of some sort as the outcome.

Spike Mandela
25-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Anybody hearing anything? Not sure if media silence is a good thing or a bad thing for Dunfermline.

Spike Mandela
25-03-2013, 12:05 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dunfermline/218909-dunfermline-crisis-gavin-masterton-announcement-tuesday/

frazeHFC
25-03-2013, 12:07 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dunfermline/218909-dunfermline-crisis-gavin-masterton-announcement-tuesday/

Would not like to be a Dunfy fan just now. Will be a shame to see them gone as always enjoyed a trip to EEP. :(

NOLA
25-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Would not like to be a Dunfy fan just now. Will be a shame to see them gone as always enjoyed a trip to EEP. :(

Will they not just be reformed as The Dunfermline Athletic?

Spike Mandela
25-03-2013, 01:49 PM
“@andrewpicken1: 1/2 Finally on #pars, important to remember Masterton's pension fund has outstanding £1.2m loan to CHL secured against his shares in DAFC”

“@andrewpicken1: 2/2 If Masterton's shares are sold, he will need to either repay this loan or find something else for security.Crucial 24 hrs ahead for club”

DH1875
25-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Felt really sorry for them, until the weekend. The day their clubs NEEDS the fans to turn out they get about 3k. Nothing short of a joke and if their own fans can't be bothered trying to save them then why should we?