PDA

View Full Version : Tim Clancy

HibernianJK
05-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm a bit lost wit whats going on here. Is this a serious injury or a niggle he cant shake off? Is he out for the season, back in training? While I think Maybury/Stevenson have done OK while filling in at RB. I feel a lot more confident with Clancy and I for one would love him to return for the end of the season.

Aldo
05-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Clancy is a massive loss but have to say Stevenson has been exceptional at RB Nd Maybury has come in and has done really well.

Lewis has showed his quality IMHO.

ancient hibee
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Clancy seems to be a player who's worth grows the longer he's out.Thought he was OK before his injury but nothing more.If his last attempt to come back was anything to go by it looks like end of season.

Skanko79
05-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I'd take him before Maybury any day of the week.

patch1875
05-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Don't panic...should be back in a game or two:agree:

HibernianJK
05-03-2013, 04:52 PM
I've always thought he was pretty useful. Positionally good. Good in the air, not the quickest but makes of up that by getting tight to his man

Aldo
05-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Don't panic...should be back in a game or two:agree:

Is that you Tim?? ;-)

Jack Hackett
05-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Tim's only played 14 games this season. Our descent down the league has been during his absence, though we appear to be recovering without him. I'd still rather he was available for the run-in, as the Europa is still very much attainable....if we get over the top 6 hurdle

greenlex
05-03-2013, 05:32 PM
We are a better side with him in it.

Mikeystewart
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
some anorak needs to find all the games he's played for us at RB would bet our win % is pretty high when he is in that position, slump really started when he got injured.

scoopyboy
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm a bit lost wit whats going on here. Is this a serious injury or a niggle he cant shake off? Is he out for the season, back in training? While I think Maybury/Stevenson have done OK while filling in at RB. I feel a lot more confident with Clancy and I for one would love him to return for the end of the season.

It would help if Hibs would spend the money in the first place to have a proper diagnosis carried out and therefore treat the injury accordingly.

In Clancy's case if they had done it right away he would have been back in the team a while ago.

3pm
05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
It would help if Hibs would spend the money in the first place to have a proper diagnosis carried out and therefore treat the injury accordingly.

In Clancy's case if they had done it right away he would have been back in the team a while ago.

Really?

scoopyboy
05-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Really?

Yes, and Clancy isn't the only one.

It was a big gripe of Ian Murray as well when he returned to the club.

Stevie Reid
05-03-2013, 06:32 PM
some anorak needs to find all the games he's played for us at RB would bet our win % is pretty high when he is in that position, slump really started when he got injured.

I'll do it at some point.

We must have had around 7 different back four combinations this season, so it is very much to our credit that we have the 5th best defence in the league.

The importance of having a very good goalkeeper who hasn't missed a game cannot be underestimated either.

patch1875
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM

Hes had 2 separate in jury's as far as I know 1st it was his groin now it's been his hammy

scoopyboy
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Hes had 2 separate in jury's as far as I know 1st it was his groin now it's been his hammy

Correct on both counts.

Last Minute
05-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Back for Sunday I'm told

Jack Hackett
05-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Back for Sunday I'm told

Pleasing :thumbsup:

Diclonius
06-03-2013, 01:21 AM
With Clancy in the side our record is: P17 W6 D6 L5

Without him, it's: P16 W7 D3 L6

So not especially different. More notable is our goals against. With Clancy we have conceded 17 goals, without him we have conceded 25.

monktonharp
06-03-2013, 01:29 AM

In Clancy's case if they had done it right away he would have been back in the team a while ago.are you a doctor, if so , that's eased my mind

monktonharp
06-03-2013, 01:33 AM
With Clancy in the side our record is: P17 W6 D6 L5

Without him, it's: P16 W7 D3 L6

So not especially different. More notable is our goals against. With Clancy we have conceded 17 goals, without him we have conceded 25.did the majority of the goals come from the left side of the opponents, or the right.? help ma f/kin boab!

scoopyboy
06-03-2013, 05:48 AM
are you a doctor, if so , that's eased my mind

Nope, but as I'm not treating players I don't need to be.

truehibernian
06-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Nope, but as I'm not treating players I don't need to be.

That's not good to hear scoopy if Hibs are not having injuries looked at quickly enough (or professionally enough) - still, at least we are not like a certain other SPL club who tell players they will never kick a ball again, only to have said player seek a second opinion after his release, to be told that whoever told him that should go back to medical school - and then plays for the next few seasons and wins a player of the year award with his new club (true story) :greengrin

NOLA
06-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Back for Sunday I'm told

i would hope we dont just play him cos he's available? he wont be match fit and in a derby you dont want a player off the pace, lets keep the starting 11 for a change.

hibs0666
06-03-2013, 08:19 AM

Did the club doctor tell you this?

scoopyboy
06-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Did the club doctor tell you this?

no

J-C
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Yes, and Clancy isn't the only one.

It was a big gripe of Ian Murray as well when he returned to the club.

Yep, spoke to Ian on monday when I was at the Infirmary, I joked about him in there with a recurring injury to his hip, he said since he's left Hibs his hip is fully mended now, seemed to suggest he could've played a lot more if his injury had been treated better.

Who was the centre half who complained about his treatment from Hibs medical staff, Brian ???????

J-C
06-03-2013, 09:43 AM

A lot of the time these type of injuries are connected, when you have a strain in one muscle, your body over compensates and puts strain on others.

Baldy Foghorn
06-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Yep, spoke to Ian on monday when I was at the Infirmary, I joked about him in there with a recurring injury to his hip, he said since he's left Hibs his hip is fully mended now, seemed to suggest he could've played a lot more if his injury had been treated better.

Who was the centre half who complained about his treatment from Hibs medical staff, Brian ???????

Brian Welsh

exHIBition
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
He'll be back very shortly...quite possibly for the weekend.....I've been told.

J-C
06-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Brian Welsh

Cheers, auld age memory blank there, remember he had problems about alleged injections given, which he says were wrong.