PDA

View Full Version : Only wee Gripe with Fenlon

FLHIBS
05-03-2013, 09:22 AM
To say first before I get a keyboard kicking is that PF has done a good job, he has made progression no doubt and hopefully more will come.

My only gripe with him is I wish he would stop saying in post match interviews in big games(as he did on Sunday) that he didn't enjoy watching it !

Now granted at times for managers it is highly stressful, however, for the confidence of all, I wish he would keep that to himself.

After over 40 years of stress watching Hibs, I'd like to think we have a Manager that thrives on the stress and can impart that enthusiasm to the players.

If the players get the feeling that the Manager doesn't enjoy the stress of the big games, then surely it can't be a good thing ?

HibeeMG
05-03-2013, 09:31 AM
To say first before I get a keyboard kicking is that PF has done a good job, he has made progression no doubt and hopefully more will come.

My only gripe with him is I wish he would stop saying in post match interviews in big games(as he did on Sunday) that he didn't enjoy watching it !

Now granted at times for managers it is highly stressful, however, for the confidence of all, I wish he would keep that to himself.

After over 40 years of stress watching Hibs, I'd like to think we have a Manager that thrives on the stress and can impart that enthusiasm to the players.

If the players get the feeling that the Manager doesn't enjoy the stress of the big games, then surely it can't be a good thing ?

I didn't enjoy reading that. :greengrin

DC_Hibs
05-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks for sharing that drivel.

If that's your only "wee" gripe then things must be OK.

Keep this somewhere safe just in case of a major event such as if Fenlon's tracksuit is dirty on Sunday - www.samaritans.org

FLHIBS
05-03-2013, 09:43 AM

Keep this somewhere safe just in case of a major event such as if Fenlon's tracksuit is dirty on Sunday - www.samaritans.org (http://www.samaritans.org)

Ok mate just you post me a jar of your happy pills and life is sorted !

FLHIBS
05-03-2013, 09:46 AM

Keep this somewhere safe just in case of a major event such as if Fenlon's tracksuit is dirty on Sunday - www.samaritans.org (http://www.samaritans.org)

Why not just send me a jar of your happy pills mate, then life will just be great and I'll not have a view on anything.

Mon Dieu4
05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
he said it was a good game of football and we played some decent stuff

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2013, 10:03 AM

I think you're maybe reading just a tad too much into it to be honest.

FLHIBS
05-03-2013, 10:10 AM
I think you're maybe reading just a tad too much into it to be honest.

yes perhaps, I'll see what the samaritans say

sesoim
05-03-2013, 12:08 PM

So you think our league form is perfect (3 wins in 16 games), our record (and tactics) against Ross Co and a few other teams are ok, our signings have all been successful, and our complete reliance on one man to score AND create most of his chances for himself are all ok?

I'm note getting at you, not at all, and I'm not calling for Fenlon to go, but a lot of fans are being blinded to what Fenlon has done this season by the fact that the SPL has been severely weakened this season, and we are supremely lucky to have Griffiths playing for us. Where, honestly, would we (and Fenlon) be without him?

Beefster
05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
It wouldn't kill him to put a suit on for the games.

And he's too short.

And he wear glasses. Hibs should always be about the contact lenses.

s.a.m
05-03-2013, 12:28 PM
It wouldn't kill him to put a suit on for the games.

And he's too short.

And he wear glasses. Hibs should always be about the contact lenses.

:agree:

And he looks too much like Martin O'Neill. Needs to get a face of his own.

Future17
05-03-2013, 12:36 PM

And he looks too much like Martin O'Neill. Needs to get a face of his own.

My better half said something similar - shortly followed by observing that Pat Nevin looked like Pat Fenlon. Yet to discover who looks like Pat Nevin.

EdinMike
05-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Have you ever seen Nevin and Fenlon in the same room !?

http://riverisland.scene7.com/is/image/RiverIsland/264636_main?$hero$

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2013, 02:51 PM
So you think our league form is perfect (3 wins in 16 games), our record (and tactics) against Ross Co and a few other teams are ok, our signings have all been successful, and our complete reliance on one man to score AND create most of his chances for himself are all ok?

I'm note getting at you, not at all, and I'm not calling for Fenlon to go, but a lot of fans are being blinded to what Fenlon has done this season by the fact that the SPL has been severely weakened this season, and we are supremely lucky to have Griffiths playing for us. Where, honestly, would we (and Fenlon) be without him?

I hate all this pish, let me tell you if we didn't have Griffiths we would have someone else up front, no-one knows who it would be and therefore couldn't comment on what he would and wouldn't do for the team! If we didn't have a decent goalie where would we be? If we didn't have other players who have peformed so well where would be be???

Saorsa
05-03-2013, 02:54 PM

http://media.classicrockmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/broken-record.jpg

Fergus52
05-03-2013, 03:01 PM

I hate all this pish, let me tell you if we didn't have Griffiths we would have someone else up front, no-one knows who it would be and therefore couldn't comment on what he would and wouldn't do for the team! If we didn't have a decent goalie where would we be? If we didn't have other players who have peformed so well where would be be???

Same here, the media have gone on and on about it this season and the fact that hibs fans have jumped on the band-wagon as well really gets to me.

Where would Motherwell be without Higdon? where would ICT be without Billy Mackay?

SMAXXA
05-03-2013, 03:24 PM
To be fair ive recently made the transition from player to the other side of the fence and I have to say I find it very difficult top enjoy a game at times. So nervy and kicking every ball I come away feeling drained so I know how it feels. He may be like me and is so passionate about his football and wants to do that well that you dont have time to enjoy it.

Take me away from the 90mins and I love it.

Tricla
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;3525452]

Same here, the media have gone on and on about it this season and the fact that hibs fans have jumped on the band-wagon as well really gets to me.

Where would Motherwell be without Higdon? where would ICT be without Billy Mackay?

And Man U without RVP, Real without Ronaldo, Barca without Messi.

It's piss poor anti Hibs media tosh as per.

We have a gem of a striker and we'd be lost without him. Every other team just has a gem of a striker.

Snore.

Kenny1875
05-03-2013, 03:38 PM

You've got to be :fishin:

Brizo
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM

I dont think any manager from sunday amateur to Champions league "enjoys" a game unless they are winning by loads and even then they probably only enjoy it when theres not enough time left for the other team to get the goals back.

There is a huge difference between thriving on stress and enjoying a game. i doubt Fergie enjoys many games until the final whistles gone. i doubt Turnbull or Clough enjoyed many games.

The one Hibs manager who seemed to spraff on incessantly about "enjoying" games was Yogi. i rest my case.:wink:

hibee_nation
05-03-2013, 03:48 PM
You've got to be :fishin:

You would think so wouldn't you, but fear not he actually does think Paddy is a gash manager. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
On a more serious note, my gripe is that he sometimes looks like a ballboy. That and the fact that Liam O'Brien is only a chair and four shaves away from being Father Jack.

Peevemor
05-03-2013, 03:54 PM
On a more serious note, my gripe is that he sometimes looks like a ballboy. That and the fact that Liam O'Brien is only a chair and four shaves away from being Father Jack.

:hilarious

Golden Bear
05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
You would think so wouldn't you, but fear not he actually does think Paddy is a gash manager. :greengrin

He's not the only one but that is a debate for another day.

No negativity is allowed in the run up to a Derby.

:flag:

heretoday
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
It was quite a scrappy game actually with a lot of niggly challenges. Part of the problem was the ball bouncing on the hard pitch. Some of the players found it difficult to get it under control and that's never good to watch.

Griffiths made it an enjoyable affair in the end though!

--------
05-03-2013, 04:05 PM
My better half said something similar - shortly followed by observing that Pat Nevin looked like Pat Fenlon. Yet to discover who looks like Pat Nevin.

Colin Murray without his glasses.

Actually, I think Pat Fenlon, Martin O'Neill, Pat Nevin and Colin Murray are all the same person.

It's called flexitime.

frazeHFC
05-03-2013, 04:14 PM

Spot on. :agree:

Spike Mandela
05-03-2013, 04:18 PM

:agree:................exactly and where would Hearts be withour err, errr, errmmmm:rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
05-03-2013, 04:57 PM
:agree:................exactly and where would Hearts be withour err, errr, errmmmm:rolleyes:

Without John McGlynn they would have been clear in second place.

(copyright kickback)

Swedish hibee
05-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Couldn't care if Fenlon watched the game with a zorro mask on.....
Life is good right now for us Hibbys and we dont need this.

Mon the Hibs :pfgwa

Prawn Sandwich
05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
My only gripe would have been if he had not been at Tynecastle watching the Yams before Sunday and Preferred sitting in his armchair at home watching the Man Utd v Real game.

Stevie Reid
05-03-2013, 10:13 PM
He's not the only one but that is a debate for another day.

No negativity is allowed in the run up to a Derby.

:flag:

So there's no negativity allowed but you still felt the need to say that you think that Fenlon's a gash manager?

And is it a debate for another day because you might actually have to give him some praise if you were to give an honest assessment of our season so far, and you're waiting for things to go wrong again?

Green Fish
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I think PF puts an act on for the tv cameras, comes accross very calm and reasonable during interviews in light of poor ref decisions but i've heard he goes mental and had to be told by police to e the ref room when querying their decisions. Takes no nonsense, good on him.