PDA

View Full Version : FAO Sunday's Ref (Euan Norris)

Mikey
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
In 3 out of the last 4 Edinburgh derbies Hearts have had a player who was given a retrospective red card. That means they played the game against Hibs with 11 "men" and Hibs gained no advantage during the game. So how's about you make the big call on Sunday, rather than letting them play out the game with 11 instead of 10. Templeton, McGowan and Stevenson should all have been sent off during the 90 minutes.

Not only would it be fair, but it would also save rousing the compliance officer from his slumber.

And while you're at it, when it comes to giving a penalty against Hibs it would make a pleasant change if it was actually a penalty, rather than the nonsense decisions made in the last few games. In the box, and actually being a foul, are surely pre-requisites when it comes to giving a spot kick.

Cheers :aok:

P.S. - This is not an open letter. That's just so yammish :greengrin

Elephant Stone
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment.

Hope we get Calum Murray, never seem to have any problems with him.

Diclonius
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment.

Hope we get Calum Murray, never seem to have any problems with him.

Apart from at the end of the New Year derby two seasons ago where we were denied a clear penalty for a handball in the box right after Kevin Kyle scored the winner.

Saorsa
04-03-2013, 11:58 AM
(The smart money's on Craig Thomson btw :wink: Anyway..........)

In 3 out of the last 4 Edinburgh derbies Hearts have had a player who was given a retrospective red card. That means they played the game against Hibs with 11 "men" and Hibs gained no advantage during the game. So how's about you make the big call on Sunday, rather than letting them play out the game with 11 instead of 10. Templeton, McGowan and Stevenson should all have been sent off during the 90 minutes.

Not only would it be fair, but it would also save rousing the compliance officer from his slumber.

And while you're at it, when it comes to giving a penalty against Hibs it would make a pleasant change if it was actually a penalty, rather than the nonsense decisions made in the last few games. In the box, and actually being a foul, are surely pre-requisites when it comes to giving a spot kick.

P.S. - This is not an open letter. That's just so yammish :greengrinhow many of them ever get that right. :rolleyes:

Purple & Green
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Mikey,

Can you think of any Hibs player given a retrospective red card ever?

I can only think of Hibs players getting red cards rescinded, Brebner, Dickoh & Miller.

Mikey
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Mikey,

Can you think of any Hibs player given a retrospective red card ever?

I can only think of Hibs players getting red cards rescinded, Brebner, Dickoh & Miller.

To be honest, I would just ask you :greengrin

GoldenEagle
05-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Is Euan Norris

JimBHibees
05-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Is Euan Norris

Dont know alot about him and cant really remember any key games for Hibs. He reffed Hearts / Celtc semi of Scottish last season.

Here are his stats, looks a little card happy from the cards issued.

http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/595/

RoxburghHibs
05-03-2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/595/

hibbysam
05-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Not one for wishing injury on anyone, but surely a little niggle for Norris to keep him out of Sunday and let the 4th official, our good friend Steven Mclean, take over..

Wasn't Mclean the referee that night in Motherwell?

Hibee87
05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
And as far as I can see the last game he was ref for hibs we won the game 4-0. Just saying like :thumbsup:

hibs4thecup1988
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
And as far as I can see the last game he was ref for hibs we won the game 4-0. Just saying like :thumbsup:

Inverness 2-2 earlier in the season

Why does it seem he hasn't reffed since that day? Is that database not upto date or has he been dropped from SPL?

Purple & Green
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/referee.php?id=135 is a link to all the hibs games he's reffed, ever. Click the season link for the list of games that season

MrSmith
05-03-2013, 11:40 AM

P.S. - This is not an open letter. That's just so yammish :greengrin

Because you have started it with FAO, it is in-fact classed as a memo! Definitely not a yammish open letter!

allezsauzee
05-03-2013, 12:07 PM
This is the boy that gave Hearts a dodgy pen in final minutes of the semi final last season. I can feel my paranoia growing already :greengrin

wearethehibs
05-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Hmm another Edinburgh Derby since the final that Craig Thomson is not in charge of. Surely the best ref in Scotland should have this game?

Or has the SFA finally realised he cant ref this fixture.

kentao
05-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Hmm another Edinburgh Derby since the final that Craig Thomson is not in charge of. Surely the best ref in Scotland should have this game?

Or has the SFA finally realised he cant ref this fixture.

Nah they are keeping that Clown for the Semis.

hibsbollah
05-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Let's hope Norris isn't wearing the ****** bib on Sunday evening:idiot:

SwanseaHibs
05-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Euan Norris reffed the ****bo semi-final against Inverness recently. The ****bos hate him as he red-carded somebody in that game.

maturehibby
05-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Not one for wishing injury on anyone, but surely a little niggle for Norris to keep him out of Sunday and let the 4th official, our good friend Steven Mclean, take over..

Wasn't Mclean the referee that night in Motherwell?

No that night it was Stevie O'Reilly

Jonnyboy
05-03-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football_referees.cfm?page=2064&start=11

hibbysam
05-03-2013, 09:37 PM
No that night it was Stevie O'Reilly

Ah!! That's the one!!

Treadstone
10-03-2013, 01:29 PM
This thread deserves a bump.

Northernhibee
10-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Would anyone really be surprised if Norris had been taking payments?

Keith_M
10-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Can we call the Compliance Officer to get a retrospective goal please.

In all seriousness, though, they say that decisions even themselves out over the season. In that case, we must be due at least ten dodgy, game changing decisions in our favour in the remaining games.

West hamBERNIAN
10-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Well wouldn't you just know it, same old ****. Everybody there knew that was over the line. That lad that went off injured for them should defo have been sent off. Sickening.

HoboHarry
10-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Would anyone really be surprised if Norris had been taking payments?
That is a ridiculous statement. It was a dreadful decision but it was the linesman's call. He was with the second last defender in the wall - where he should be - and he missed it. That said it was probably his last top level game for a very long time.

Peevemor
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
As I said on the match thread, the ref and linesman should donate their wages to a charity of Hibs choice. They get paid good money that they certainly didn't deserve today.

Northernhibee
10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
That is a ridiculous statement. It was a dreadful decision but it was the linesman's call. He was with the second last defender in the wall - where he should be - and he missed it. That said it was probably his last top level game for a very long time.

Maybe a bit OTT, but honestly, the standard of refereeing in this country is as good as corrupt.

e.g. Thomson had complaints about his handling of Hearts in the SC final, he supposedly claimed to be a St Mirren fan and yet he gets to ref a Hearts vs St Mirren final? Beyond incompetance that...

bringbackbenny
10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
How many pi** poor decisions are we expected to take in recent derbies??

McGowan retro red card
Blacks non red card in final
Templeton retro red card
Stevenson retro card
And now a clear goal with no ambiguity whatsoever is kb'd

Hibs must kick some ass at the SFA - we are being taken for mugs

Pretty Boy
10-03-2013, 01:51 PM

How did he miss it though? I was 70 yards away amd saw it was in. Not just in but about a foot over the line, the net clearly moved.

Cheating or utter incompetence, you decide.

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 01:53 PM
How did he miss it though? I was 70 yards away amd saw it was in. Not just in but about a foot over the line, the net clearly moved.

It wasnt cheating. If hed have seen THAT, he would have given it ecause it was so obvious. Just utter incompetence from both of them.

HoboHarry
10-03-2013, 01:55 PM

It was indeed clearly in. The net didn't move from the replays but it was most certainly in. My honest opinion is that the assistant missed it because he was too busy looking for offside/pushing and pulling in the wall. No excuses for him though - that decision will haunt him for years to come.

Northernhibee
10-03-2013, 01:56 PM

McGowan retro red card
Templeton retro red card
Stevenson retro card

Some say that's coincidence, but it appears that there's a hell of a pattern emerging there.

Westie1875
10-03-2013, 01:58 PM

McGowan retro red card
Templeton retro red card
Stevenson retro card

Hibs need to make some noise about this, enough doing things nicely it clearly doesn't work!

cleanyman
10-03-2013, 02:00 PM
It was the Assistant's call, wasn't up with play, poor positioning.

It's an absolute shocker.

Treadstone
10-03-2013, 02:01 PM
It was indeed clearly in. The net didn't move from the replays but it was most certainly in. My honest opinion is that the assistant missed it because he was too busy looking for offside/pushing and pulling in the wall. No excuses for him though - that decision will haunt him for years to come.

Fair enough, but as soon as Sparky strikes the ball the lino should be following the ball.

Pretty Boy
Hibs need to make some noise about this, enough doing things nicely it clearly doesn't work!

A few dodgy penalties against us in the last fewweeks as well.

I actually think the Hibs support has been quite restrained not to be making more of a noise about this.

Holmesdale Hibs
I blame the linesman more than the ref although it was so obvious the ref still should have seen it.. An absolute joke of a decision.

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 02:02 PM

:agree:

There's no excuse for today, there was no one on the line to obscure his vision, the ball was past the post so not like that was in his way and the ball was bloody yellow to make it easier to see it!!

easty
10-03-2013, 02:07 PM
There's nae conspiracy against us, we've had a load of ***** decisions but that's just due to inept, rather than corrupt, officials.

Shocking today, truly was.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I still blame the ref, even though the linesman should have given it. The ball is so far over both should have seen it clearly, both have made a shocking decision that was so easy to spot. :grr: ****in incompetent pricks.

Hibercelona
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
I hope the **** chocked on his kit kat!

Treadstone
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Instead of being embarrassed the SFA will just thank their lucky stars it didn't happen in a Smeltic-Oldco game.

3pm
10-03-2013, 02:18 PM
By my reckoning, they've had - up to - 7 major decisions go in their favour in 14 months.

- Stephen Elliott offside for goal in 3-1 loss at New Year 12.

- Black forearm smash on Griffiths.

- Penalty against Kujabi.

- 3 retrospective red cards

- today

givescotlandfreedom
10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
There's nae conspiracy against us, we've had a load of ***** decisions but that's just due to inept, rather than corrupt, officials.

Shocking today, truly was.

They always say these decisions even themselves out. Certainly against them they don't.

pontius pilate
Could you imagine if it did happen in that game they wouldn't let it lie and neither should we I'm absolutely raging like the majority of hibs fans are. Something has to be done to stop this from happening suck of scottish football at the moment and key decisions given against us. Ill ne'er walk away from Hibs tho

pontius pilate
Could you imagine if it did happen in that game they wouldn't let it lie and neither should we I'm absolutely raging like the majority of hibs fans are. Something has to be done to stop this from happening sick of scottish football at the moment and key decisions given against us. Ill ne'er walk away from Hibs tho

Mikey
10-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Another derby, another game changing decision missed by the officials.

Absolutely pathetic.

Sweet Left Peg
10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
I was trying to think about the non-goal from the linesman's perspective. He must have started out in line with the defenders, looking for the potential offside. He will have followed the last defender goalwards after the ball has been kicked. Now, the closer he gets to the goal line, the more favourable the angle to see if it has crossed the line or not. MacDonald was far enough off his line to allow the linesman a clear view even if he hadn't moved towards the goal line, but he must have been, unless the hearts players moved out or stayed static after the ball was kicked. Which I doubt. The ball was two feet over. Clearly. If the linesman didn't give it then it was because he didn't see it hit the ground off the bar. Given his starting position and the amount the ball bounced over, there can be no excuses in terms of angles. I don't know exactly if there were players blocking his view, but I doubt it. I would have to watch it again. My feeling is that he didn't give it because he didn't see it because he was looking infield. Which is not his job after the ball was kicked like that. It was a direct kick at goal so there were fewer distractions than open play.

It will be interesting to look at it again but I don't think the ref can give it. 1) the angle and distance make it almost impossible to say for sure and 2) there were probably players in the way.

Once the ball leaves Griffiths's boot the linesman should be following the flight considering it is a shot at goal. He cannot have done this and therefore was culpable.

Having said that, what a strike! And a big game from Claros.

Jack Hackett
10-03-2013, 02:32 PM
A few dodgy penalties against us in the last fewweeks as well.

I actually think the Hibs support has been quite restrained not to be making more of a noise about this.

Totally agree :agree:

So get on to them....enquiries@scotprem.com

I have, because I'm sick of it...........

"After yet another match changing wrong decision at todays Hibs v Hearts game, will there ever come a day when those responsible for such decisions are called to account for them? You are quick to punish players retrospectively through the compliance officer, but it appears that officials enjoy immunity from such repercussion.

A public apology from them in the fact of overwhelming evidence that they 'got it wrong' wouldn't go amiss either."

Regards...........

:fenlon

MrSmith
10-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Hard hat on ... sitting in the house watching, in my opinion, Euan Norris had a good game even although he made a wrong call. The game flowed and never once did I feel that we would have a player sent of for nothing unlike some other referees would! However, the goal! You can understand his indecision through where he was positioned and the rules stating, I'll paraphrase, that a goal can't be given unless you are completely sure the ball crossed the line. He obviously wasn't and the linesman, who was in line with last defender, wasn't either although the linesman should have seen it! Personally I believe this was an honest mistake more than a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Today we defended really well and coped with them easily considering, Sutton, N'Goo, Stevenson and Novikovas up front and dangerous. We won today morally and completely. So lets not get too caught up in the negatives because, for me, there were far more positives from us!

Hibeesforever
10-03-2013, 02:35 PM

Yes and yes, we play by the financial fair play rules as a community club and are just taken advantage of.
Scotland just needs to introduce technology itself. Why wait for UEFA.

CmoantheHibs
10-03-2013, 02:39 PM

:agree:I was just thinking about this.Unless we make a big issue of this and put pressure on officials then I feel it will just carry on.

10-03-2013, 02:42 PM
An absolutely ****ing incredible decision! Absolutely miles over the line so no way he could hav not seen that, just total blatant cheating !!!!

How many times are these ****ing morons going to cost us points! I few weeks ago at tannadice we were denied a win because of a ridiculous penalty decision and now this!

Lucky hearts *******s go away will a point when they should hav had **** all!

Eyrie
10-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt and assume he was unsighted by the players in front of him, or possibly their keeper. But the linesman's view wasn't obscured - it was pure incompetence on his part. At that range it's easy for him to to look to see where the ball has gone without losing track of the players.

bigwheel
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt and assume he was unsighted by the players in front of him, or possibly their keeper. But the linesman's view wasn't obscured - it was pure incompetence on his part. At that range it's easy for him to to look to see where the ball has gone without losing track of the players.

Hmmm....surely at a free kick the ref needs to position himself with a decent view of the goal.....big error, through bad positioning of the ref...

Scottie
10-03-2013, 04:06 PM
:agree:I was just thinking about this.Unless we make a big issue of this and put pressure on officials then I feel it will just carry on.

Leigh did ask the question politely to the ref and was booked for his efforts

Disgraceful decision. :fuming:

Argylehibby
10-03-2013, 04:11 PM
By my reckoning, they've had - up to - 7 major decisions go in their favour in 14 months.

- today

I asked press guys on way out of main stand today if they were going to start questioning the honesty of officials in these games and cited 6 of the 7 facts you quote. The response was "the same ref gave you a goal that wasnt last season, Hanlons". So the "even" breaks are one dodgy goal for, when 3 nil up with 15 minutes to go against Dunfermline = 6 absolute howlers against them. If this seasons breaks even out between now and May then the cup is in the bag and we will finish 2nd in the league.

10-03-2013, 04:16 PM

- today

They are the jammiest team in the country, they always get dodgy decisions in their favour. Today was beyond ridiculous though!

Awck well i'm sure they will be dancing in the streets of gorgie tonight in celebration of a cheated point against the "wee team"!

Diclonius
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
How many bad decisions have gone against us against them in the last five years?

10/03/13 - Ball clearly over the line, goal not given.
03/01/13 - Stevenson not sent off.
12/08/12 - Templeton not sent off.
19/05/12 - Penalty given outside the box.
02/01/12 - McGowan not sent off.
02/01/12 - Goal given when Elliott was offside and interfering in play.
01/01/11 - Clear penalty for handball not given.
11/01/09 - Fletcher sent off for nothing.

Now how about decisions that went against them in the same timespan?

10/03/13 - Penalty not given.
03/01/13 - Penalty not given.
01/05/10 - Penalty given when no foul was committed.

I'm not one of the people on here that are pushing for a conspiracy - this is sheer incompetence from the referees in this country (Thomson possibly an exception) and gives more than a hint of a suggestion that they simply don't care about Hearts v Hibs and the impact their decisions will have on the result.

How often do you see terrible decisions in Old Firm derbies?

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I was trying to think about the non-goal from the linesman's perspective. He must have started out in line with the defenders, looking for the potential offside. He will have followed the last defender goalwards after the ball has been kicked. Now, the closer he gets to the goal line, the more favourable the angle to see if it has crossed the line or not. MacDonald was far enough off his line to allow the linesman a clear view even if he hadn't moved towards the goal line, but he must have been, unless the hearts players moved out or stayed static after the ball was kicked. Which I doubt. The ball was two feet over. Clearly. If the linesman didn't give it then it was because he didn't see it hit the ground off the bar. Given his starting position and the amount the ball bounced over, there can be no excuses in terms of angles. I don't know exactly if there were players blocking his view, but I doubt it. I would have to watch it again. My feeling is that he didn't give it because he didn't see it because he was looking infield. Which is not his job after the ball was kicked like that. It was a direct kick at goal so there were fewer distractions than open play.

It will be interesting to look at it again but I don't think the ref can give it. 1) the angle and distance make it almost impossible to say for sure and 2) there were probably players in the way.

Once the ball leaves Griffiths's boot the linesman should be following the flight considering it is a shot at goal. He cannot have done this and therefore was culpable.

Having said that, what a strike! And a big game from Claros.

I am up in the upper FF near the front he had no players in the way however on looking across at him to me it looked like he wasnt looking for it.

hibsbollah
10-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Its certainly been a day for not getting the rub of the green.

Im getting absolutely violated at Monopoly. Had park lane mortgaged, horredndous dice rolls, 9 year old proposing swaps that pure take the piss.

Mikey
10-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Its certainly been a day for not getting the rub of the green.

Im getting absolutely violated at Monopoly. Had park lane mortgaged, horredndous dice rolls, 9 year old proposing swaps that pure take the piss.

:greengrin

Spike Mandela
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM

..............what are these things you speak of?:cb

davym7062
10-03-2013, 06:30 PM
its a yellow ball and a white line, not a difficult call ffs

StevieT
10-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I am up in the upper FF near the front he had no players in the way however on looking across at him to me it looked like he wasnt looking for it.

I said the same to my brother on the phone. The assistant started level with edge of the penalty area and followed the players in. I think he was expecting a save, post or bar at best and was watching for the rebound. I don't think he ever looked at the goal.

hibeerealist
10-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Watched the replay on tv when i got back you can CLEARLY see him telling McPake and other players at the end of the game 9whilst shaking his head) "IT WASN'T IN"!!!!!!

Greenblood70
10-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Lets stop making excuses for these incompetents. They're nothing more than useless.

That decision, or lack of, embarasses Scottish football...it really was that bad. The ball was so far over the line yet both "officials" looked at each other to give the decision and ultimately both bottled it. They're both cheats in that they both knew it was a goal as did 99.99% of those watching.

Personally I hope both are hounded out of Scottish football, the linesman especially....who was very weak throughout in his decision making.

They're very lucky it wasn't an OF game as both would ultimately be held accountable, however because its the Edinburgh derby it will be swept under the carpet.

No wonder so many are being turned off Scottish football, the standard of refereeing is woeful.

JimBHibees
10-03-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/perthshire-sport/stjohnstone/2012/02/17/late-penalty-woes-for-saints-in-the-cup-73103-30345431/

Someone just put this up on the PM board. The plot thickens.

brog
10-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Hard hat on ... sitting in the house watching, in my opinion, Euan Norris had a good game even although he made a wrong call. The game flowed and never once did I feel that we would have a player sent of for nothing unlike some other referees would! However, the goal! You can understand his indecision through where he was positioned and the rules stating, I'll paraphrase, that a goal can't be given unless you are completely sure the ball crossed the line. He obviously wasn't and the linesman, who was in line with last defender, wasn't either although the linesman should have seen it! Personally I believe this was an honest mistake more than a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Today we defended really well and coped with them easily considering, Sutton, N'Goo, Stevenson and Novikovas up front and dangerous. We won today morally and completely. So lets not get too caught up in the negatives because, for me, there were far more positives from us!

I agree pretty much with this but it is time that at least one of the tabloids picked up on our misfortunes, particularly vs Yams. Can you imagine the pages of newsprint if these decisions had happened against Celtc in an OF game!!
Lest we forget, we got benefit of a ( much less obvious ) decision vs Well this season & tho that game ended 4-0 it's possible that decision was a game changer.

staunchhibby
10-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Is there no way we can e-mail the SFA regarding the highway robbery that was carried out by the so called officials at Easter Road today and voice our disgust at there handling

brog
10-03-2013, 07:28 PM
http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/perthshire-sport/stjohnstone/2012/02/17/late-penalty-woes-for-saints-in-the-cup-73103-30345431/

Yams got a pen in every round of the cup bar one last season. In the one other game, replay vs St M, Saints scored but ref decreed he had already blown for a pen. The pen was then missed when score was 0-0 & Yams won 2-0!!

I should say I don't hold with conspiracy theories, just sheer incompetence, no accountability & lying to save face. If today's lino admitted he wasn't looking at the goal I would have a smidgeon of respect but he prefers to lie. Mind you when our national organisation engages in a cover-up re a Yam player's eligibility who can blame the officials for following suit.

Greenblood70
10-03-2013, 07:31 PM
This wasn't bad luck today, it was cheating pure and simple. At the time the ball crossed the line both officials looked desperately at each other to make the decision and both BOTTLED it pure and simple. They both KNEW it was a goal...

I hope both are removed from officiating in the SPL and Hibs should be pursuing this thru' every avenue open to them. Both have to be held accountable and removed from officiating.

We cannot simply roll over on this, too many decisions have been questionable in recent derbies.

The linesman especially should be named and shamed, he has questionable decisions regarding the gorgie vermin in the past..

Heisenberg
10-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Some are saying this officials team are getting our semi final? How has that decision been made with the game over a month away?

hibee_girl
10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Some are saying this officials team are getting our semi final? How has that decision been made with the game over a month away?

The Hibs Announcer guy tweeted that a few hours ago but not sure how he knows already :confused:

Kris1875
10-03-2013, 07:40 PM
It's been the same every game at ER lately the linesmen don't make any decisions for themselves they leave it to the ref nearly every time . There incompetence ( I hope it's only that ) is staggering at times !!

neilmartinrocks
10-03-2013, 07:43 PM

I hope the the Tache and Pat have something to say about that if true.
Not claiming corruption or anything like that........but I grow more convinced by the game.

starting to sound like a tim now.:greengrin

lord bunberry
10-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Yet another game goes by where a referee has one big decision to make in a game and he calls it wrong. If we miss out on the top 6 this season these decisions will have cost the club over a hundred grand

brog
10-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I liked PF's interview on BBC & to be fair to wee Chic he repeatedly raised the point re these bad decisions going against us & pointedly mentioned that other managers would not have been so calm. Refs are only human, since cup final CT has ( mostly ) been pretty good in our games. I'm sure Euan Norris will be striving to show his impartiality in our next game he refs!

wookie70
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I think the ref should have consulted the Main Stand Linesman too. I reckon he was close enough to see a ball a yard over the line.

adhibs
10-03-2013, 08:09 PM
I liked PF's interview on BBC & to be fair to wee Chic he repeatedly raised the point re these bad decisions going against us & pointedly mentioned that other managers would not have been so calm. Refs are only human, since cup final CT has ( mostly ) been pretty good in our games. I'm sure Euan Norris will be striving to show his impartiality in our next game he refs!

Which cpuld qiitet easily be a meaningless bottom 6 fixture. Pure cheating from the officials today, fair enough if one had doubts but no excuses for neither seeing the goal

cleanyman
10-03-2013, 08:17 PM
How many bad decisions have gone against us against them in the last five years?

10/03/13 - Ball clearly over the line, goal not given.
03/01/13 - Stevenson not sent off.
12/08/12 - Templeton not sent off.
19/05/12 - Penalty given outside the box.
02/01/12 - McGowan not sent off.
02/01/12 - Goal given when Elliott was offside and interfering in play.
01/01/11 - Clear penalty for handball not given.
11/01/09 - Fletcher sent off for nothing.

Now how about decisions that went against them in the same timespan?

10/03/13 - Penalty not given.
03/01/13 - Penalty not given.
01/05/10 - Penalty given when no foul was committed.

I'm not one of the people on here that are pushing for a conspiracy - this is sheer incompetence from the referees in this country (Thomson possibly an exception) and gives more than a hint of a suggestion that they simply don't care about Hearts v Hibs and the impact their decisions will have on the result.

Fletcher was a stone wall red card, terrible tackle.

cleanyman
10-03-2013, 08:20 PM
THEY EVEN GOT A YELLOW BALL TO MAKE IT EASIER TO SEE.

It's laughable.

GreenCastle
10-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Going to be on sky sports news tomorrow no doubt and down in England they will be laughing their heads off - making the Scottish game look like a joke - the linesman shouldn't be anywhere near an SPL game for some time. :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
10-03-2013, 08:34 PM

McGowan retro red card
Templeton retro red card
Stevenson retro card

Not to mention some other fine clangers like pens that never were: Thompson @ Sheep, Thompson @ Hampden, Blind tw@t @ Tannadump - we've had some HOWLERS against us in the last 12-18 months!

Mikey
10-03-2013, 08:40 PM

There's nothing on the SPL appointments page. I doubt it's been decided this early.

I'd expect it to be the Tuesday before, as normal.

stantonhibby
10-03-2013, 08:51 PM

It's laughable.

Exactly. It was so obvious it is laughable. The ref could have pretended to confer with lino and in meantime 4th official could have buzzed him and told him it was a goal.

GreenCastle
10-03-2013, 08:56 PM
You could maybe accept it if it was close - but the problem is that it was 2 feet over - I don't think I've ever seen such a clear cut goal line incident where the ball has obviously crossed the line.

Only other one may be England v Germany but not even sure if it was as far over as this one.

FARCE!

Heisenberg
10-03-2013, 09:03 PM
You could maybe accept it if it was close - but the problem is that it was 2 feet over - I don't think I've ever seen such a clear cut goal line incident where the ball has obviously crossed the line.

Only other one may be England v Germany but not even sure if it was far over at this one.

FARCE!

I'm still finding it hard to believe. Also, how bloody hard would it be for the fourth official to be given a monitor and he could have a look at that and see a clear goal. No even any need for full on goal line technology ffs! Just beggars belief that these guys can be given such big games, nothing more will be said about it from the sfa and this guy will do a game in division one before business as usual for him. Ridiculous.

3pm
10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
We got the break at Motherwell but can't mind too many more.

Halifaxhibby
10-03-2013, 09:11 PM

Nice one mate, good detective work!!, guy looked like a jambo, pontoon eyes, dribbling at the mouth, usual signs!!

...WentToMowAnSPL
10-03-2013, 09:21 PM

It's laughable.

Do they need a bell in it ? Jeezo