PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things I Haven't Been Able To Say About Hibs For Ages - But Can Now

Speedway
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
1. We actually wanted it more than the other team in a big game scenario. For freakin' once, we actually wanted it more.

2. We bossed the game, Killie must have been sick of the sight of Yellow yesterday, it was everywhere.

3. We won our 50/50s over and over again.

4. We demonstrated game intelligence. I'm no fan of spoon but just like v. the sheep he switched his head on at a vital time at the Heffernan penalty. Anyone see what he did?

5. Maybury won his battle. He wasn't perfect, not was anyone else, but Dayton is good and he shut him up.

6. Tactics, shape, attitude, work rate, style of play all spot on, on the same day.

7. Team spirit there in abundance from Williams forwards.

8. We have a midfield general in Jorge.

9. The hugely embarrassing amateur slip ups were committed by the opposition.

10. Good refereeing throughout.

In other observations:

Killie should be roasted for the size of their support and defensive slackness today although Gros is certainly one to keep an eye on.

DaveF
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
1. We actually wanted it more than the other team in a big game scenario. For freakin' once, we actually wanted it more.

2. We bossed the game, Killie must have been sick of the sight of Yellow yesterday, it was everywhere.

4. We demonstrated game intelligence. I'm no fan of spoon but just like v. the sheep he switched his head on at a vital time at the Heffernan penalty. Anyone see what he did?

5. Maybury won his battle. He wasn't perfect, not was anyone else, but Dayton is good and he shut him up.

6. Tactics, shape, attitude, work rate, style of play all spot on, on the same day.

In other observations:

Killie should be roasted for the size of their support and defensive slackness today although Gros is certainly one to keep an eye on.

Blocked Dayton going for any rebound.

Zazu62
04-03-2013, 08:17 AM
I was impressed with spoon yesterday kept cutting inside very well

Mon Dieu4
04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
yep i noticed at the pen he blocked off Dayton when he tried to run into the box

JoeTortolanoFanClub
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I was impressed with spoon yesterday kept cutting inside very well

He was playing in a more advanced role, similar to what he does for Scotland under-21s. More of that please !

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Something i'm sure Fenlon will have taught him. I agree with the OP, we are so much more professional these days. We don't always get it right, but we are getting there.

Hibs are on the way back to what we all want them to be. :top marks :pfgwa

Speedway
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM

Exactly and what I liked about that was that whilst he didn't know what was going to happen with that penalty, he did know how Dayton had scored his first. Impressed with that.

Also liked when Robertson and Taiwo had a chat about something in the middle of the park. From what I could see, it seemed like they were plotting how to stop one of the Killie players but they worked together to get a job done for the team.

We need this every week.

The Sea-gull
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM

In other observations:

Good observations. Taking the defensive errors by Killie aside, we deserved our win purely on atitude and desire alone.

Another nice thing to be able to say though is that for once we profitted from defensive errros by the opposition rather than the other way round.

Craig_in_Prague
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Great to be able to say all those things. Well done the hibees!

Thanks for giving us a 'semi'

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Good observations. Taking the defensive errors by Killie aside, we deserved our win purely on atitude and desire alone.

Another nice thing to be able to say though is that for once we profitted from defensive errros by the opposition rather than the other way round.

The pressure our midfield and Griffiths make on pressing the ball makes defenders panic and make mistakes. They have been so much better at this since Roberston signed and Deegan was replaced by Taiwo. The mobility and quickness they have in pressing without the ball and moving the ball when we have it is 100% better than before.

:pfgwa

speedy_gonzales
04-03-2013, 08:48 AM

THIS,,,it's been said before but I feel we've played better this season in our change strip rather than our bottle green! It is more than likely psychological but I feel players who prefer to lie wide become invisible to those on the ball, a frustrating experience for our midfield and the fans that can see the player is lying 'open'.
Any statto's out there know how our results differ between home/change strip or they much of a muchness?

Broken Gnome
04-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Exactly and what I liked about that was that whilst he didn't know what was going to happen with that penalty, he did know how Dayton had scored his first. Impressed with that.

Also liked when Robertson and Taiwo had a chat about something in the middle of the park. From what I could see, it seemed like they were plotting how to stop one of the Killie players but they worked together to get a job done for the team.

We need this every week.

Saw McGivern put his arm round Claros and point to the scoreboard clock just after he'd been booked and sliced a couple of clearances as well, telling him to calm down.

Lot of leaders there now.

mrdependable
04-03-2013, 09:40 AM
The pressure our midfield and Griffiths make on pressing the ball makes defenders panic and make mistakes. They have been so much better at this since Roberston signed and Deegan was replaced by Taiwo. The mobility and quickness they have in pressing without the ball and moving the ball when we have it is 100% better than before.

:pfgwa

With Taiwo, Robertson and Done in the team we are a lot sharper and more athletic than we were a few weeks ago, enabling us to have more of the ball and pressure the opposition into mistakes

Seveno
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
An addition to the list :

11. 100% backing from the fans, even after Killie scored. The atmosphere was fantastic from the very start until the end.

greenlex
04-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Something i'm sure Fenlon will have taught him. I agree with the OP, we are so much more professional these days. We don't always get it right, but we are getting there.

Hibs are on the way back to what we all want them to be. :top marks :pfgwa
Fenlon out Anyone else in?

Fergus52
04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Fenlon out Anyone else in?

Don't wanna name specific posters, but there's plenty on here with a far superior tactical knowledge to him, that know how to do his job much better.

Kato
04-03-2013, 04:57 PM
This is the most heartening and important thread on here for quite a while.

We've all seen signs and bits of improvement along with a bit inconsistency this season but the last three games have seen the good bits being pulled together all at once during matches. We'll have dips again but Fenlon has brought some momentum to the club, and considering the state we were in that's no easy task. A wee bit more money coming in with a Cup Sem so hopefully the board and support all get behind him for next season, when I reckon we'll be even better.

greenlex
04-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Don't wanna name specific posters, but there's plenty on here with a far superior tactical knowledge to him, that know how to do his job much better.
:agree::greengrin They are missing at the moment but Im sure they will be back.