PDA

View Full Version : Media Sportscene (merged)

lapsedhibee
03-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Commentators and pundits going on and on and on and on and on about how badly Sissoko was at fault, but shirley Bell should have hoofed the ball away first time? He tried to trap it and dribble past Griffiths and Done. For me the goalie was far more to blame. (Something of a relief to find myself adopting an opposite stance from Doddsie - how is he still employed to comment on fitba? :confused:)

scotia44
03-03-2013, 09:55 PM
They just hate us winning sportscene concentrate on Killie and there failings and don't bother with the fact that hibs worked hard and played some great attacking stuff
GIRFUY

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Commentators and pundits going on and on and on and on and on about how badly Sissoko was at fault, but shirley Bell should have hoofed the ball away first time? He tried to trap it and dribble past Griffiths and Done. For me the goalie was far more to blame. (Something of a relief to find myself adopting an opposite stance from Doddsie - how is he still employed to comment on fitba? :confused:)

Was a poor choice from Bell in the first place to throw the ball to Sissoko who was being closed down IMO

FranckSuzy
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
They just hate us winning sportscene concentrate on Killie and there failings and don't bother with the fact that hibs worked hard and played some great attacking stuff
GIRFUY

TBF, I thought Dodds was alright tonight. Gave us credit where due.

givescotlandfreedom
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
:agree: Dodds is a tit.

lucky
03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Usual anti hibs from Dodds.

Davy Mac
03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
We just relied on the long ball today and Killie gifted the goals, also Billy Dodds said that Falkirk would probably want Hibs more than Dundee Utd, aye ok then :aok:

What a load of tom kite, there was far more about Hibs today than the long ball including the fans contribution but it didn't even raise an eyebrow from that pap presenter and the so called pundits.

C'mon Hibs you know what we have got to do.

cleanyman
03-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Dodds is a fanny.

Every Falkirk fan i've spoken to want DU as they see them as the weaker team.

Gives us hee-haw credit.

Viva_Palmeiras
Daly is not gonna throw around compliments to a rival team or player in the last 4.

jdships

:agree:

hibsbollah
Killie were unable to defend the long hoof upfield. Thats the bbc take on today.

--------
03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Was a poor choice from Bell in the first place to throw the ball to Sissoko who was being closed down IMO

Yup - Bell should never have thrown out to Sissoko. He had a man coming in on him fast and had to get rid of the ball in a hurry. Sissoko put it back to Bell who should have blootered it up the park. Bell's first touch was awful.

Bell much more to blame than Sissoko IMO.

Wasn't someone at Killie touting Bell as being as good as Andy Goram recently? :rolleyes:

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 10:02 PM

Doods did blame the keeper in the analysis - said he should have put his laces through it.

--------
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Doods did blame the keeper in the analysis - said he should have put his laces through it.

Dodds was strangely sensible tonight.

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Dodds was strangely sensible tonight.

agreed - he also noted that The Killie boy dived for the penalty ( without actually saying he dived). Jon Daly wasn't wanting to be seen having a go at fellow professional, so typically refused to condemn the Killie cheat.

Jonnyboy
03-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Also, why the confused voices over Bell's booking? It wasn't for verbals, as guessed by the commentator, but for hacking down Leigh as Griffiths nicked in to steal the ball. Had Done not scored, after the ref brilliantly played the advantage rule, I reckon Bell would have seen red. I sussed all that out at the game from about 100 yards away. How come the BBC had to guess at what the card was for? :greengrin

lapsedhibee
03-03-2013, 10:06 PM

Oops, didn't hear that. Up until then it had all been laying into Sissoko.

atticmonkey
03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Credit to Griffiths and Done for pressing and forcing the mistake

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Oops, didn't hear that. Up until then it had all been laying into Sissoko.

Yeah i thought the same during the actual commentary...but credit to Dodds this time:greengrin

Hiber-nation
03-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Killie were unable to defend the long hoof upfield. Thats the bbc take on today.

Yep, long ball blah blah blah, Leigh Griffiths blah blah blah bad defending blah blah blah and repeat. Not a thing about the great defending and the way the midfield passed the ball really well.

lapsedhibee
03-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Also, why the confused voices over Bell's booking? It wasn't for verbals, as guessed by the commentator, but for hacking down Leigh as Griffiths nicked in to steal the ball. Had Done not scored, after the ref brilliantly played the advantage rule, I reckon Bell would have seen red. I sussed all that out at the game from about 100 yards away. How come the BBC had to guess at what the card was for? :greengrin

Craig Paterson's usually fine, but I don't really see what the boy Liam McLeod adds to a football match. And why does he go on and on and on and on about the last cup final? It's just the kind of thing a yam would do.

Hibee Ryan
03-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Ahh yes so spoony's and McPake's passes over the top where just hoping griffiths would move... Gid one BBC :aok

Griffiths was allowing the long passes with his movement, it wasn't long hopeful balls, it was a game plan but absolute no credit

Mon Dieu4
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
hate how the commentators and pundits always harp on about Griffiths scoring all the goals, do they say the same about Man U and Van Persie? nah

Wotherspiniesta
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Is it just me or is that commentator completely anti-hibs? Seemed absolutely delighted with Killie's goals. Hibs score and he was so quiet you can hear a rat pissing on cotton. And Gary Locke looking on gleefully.

scotia44
03-03-2013, 10:14 PM
must have watched a different sport scene to me then
said the bairns would want us go figure that out? a team that's in the 1st div wants drawn with a team that's put SPL sides out in every round so whats he basing that theory on?

trying to sook up to Daly think it would be different if a hibs player was next to him he is a grade a tosser

Mon Dieu4
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
what a finish by McGowan!!

scotia44
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
hate how the commentators and pundits always harp on about Griffiths scoring all the goals, do they say the same about Man U and Van Persie? nah

agree totally one man scores them the team aren't sitting in the stands watching they contribute overall to the result

Aldo
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
agree totally one man scores them the team aren't sitting in the stands watching they contribute overall to the result

What you'll find is that LG is a worker and has and is doing what our strikers haven't done in a long time. Chase Harry and earn yur wages.

I posted earlier that LG has all the attributes to become a LEGEND. I really really do hope that LG can see this and will sign a long term deal.

monktonharp
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
agree totally one man scores them the team aren't sitting in the stands watching they contribute overall to the resultexcuse me, but what do you really mean?

monktonharp
03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Dodds is a fanny.

Gives us hee-haw credit.Dodds is indeed what you say. I never heard him saying anything, today but I did hear him last week, and the week before and probably the week before that. I did decide weeks ago though, that he was a tit.

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
said the bairns would want us go figure that out? a team that's in the 1st div wants drawn with a team that's put SPL sides out in every round so whats he basing that theory on?

trying to sook up to Daly think it would be different if a hibs player was next to him he is a grade a tosser

He said Falkirk would want to draw Hibs or Dun utd which they would. Cant see whats wrong with that?

scotia44
03-03-2013, 10:41 PM
excuse me, but what do you really mean?

griffiths is rightly getting the plaudits but there is 11 guys on the park and recently they have all contributed
from big Ben through to Leigh its about the team and Leigh will probably be the 1st to say it.

Pete
03-03-2013, 10:41 PM
He said Falkirk would want to draw Hibs or Dun utd which they would. Cant see whats wrong with that?

He said hibs at the start. He changed it to hibs and united at the end.

monktonharp
03-03-2013, 10:43 PM

trying to sook up to Daly think it would be different if a hibs player was next to him he is a grade a tosser:agree:I hope him and the bairns get what they want:wink:

Speedy
03-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Griffiths and Van persie have both scored 19 league goals.

Hibs have scored 38 goals in 29 league games, while Man utd have scored 68 goals in 28 games.

Brightside
04-03-2013, 07:08 AM
I wish we'd stop all this bbc anti-hibs stuff. Makes us sound like Celtic. The pundits on the live game were very clear that it was great tactics by Hibs that won the game. It was a couple of long balls, but they said before the game that they thought Killie defence would struggle in the middle. They were right. Fenlon got the game plan spot on. Yes they mentioned Griffiths scoring all the goals. But he does! Lets be clear guys if that was Doyle upfront we'd be out now. No more anti-bbc stuff....we're better than that.

lapsedhibee
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
I wish we'd stop all this bbc anti-hibs stuff. Makes us sound like Celtic. The pundits on the live game were very clear that it was great tactics by Hibs that won the game. It was a couple of long balls, but they said before the game that they thought Killie defence would struggle in the middle. They were right. Fenlon got the game plan spot on. Yes they mentioned Griffiths scoring all the goals. But he does! Lets be clear guys if that was Doyle upfront we'd be out now. No more anti-bbc stuff....we're better than that.

I'm not.

I don't say there's an outright conspiracy, and my objection is generally in terms of competence rather than bias, but it's definitely irritating that there's been so many yam legends/sympathisers spouting on the footy - Robbo (who I think's ok), Clark, Preston, Mitchell (who're not) and Cockoon (though that was STV rather than BBC). And it's virtually impossible to watch anything about Hibs without hearing about last year's cup final - I don't think even Engerlish commentators mention 1966 as much.

Displeasing.

Treadstone
04-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Craig Paterson's usually fine, but I don't really see what the boy Liam McLeod adds to a football match. And why does he go on and on and on and on about the last cup final? It's just the kind of thing a yam would do.

McLeods alright for me although the line that Hibs would be 3 points above Dundee without Sparkys goals is pathetic. I'm assuming that the player that would be in his place is scoring no goals and making no contribution to the team.

lapsedhibee
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
McLeods alright for me although the line that Hibs would be 3 points above Dundee without Sparkys goals is pathetic. I'm assuming that the player that would be in his place is scoring no goals and making no contribution to the team.

Think that sort of thing's why I don't much like him. No genuine insight into what's going on in the game - instead, dredging up pointless statistics/factoids.

worcesterhibby
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm not.

I don't say there's an outright conspiracy, and my objection is generally in terms of competence rather than bias, but it's definitely irritating that there's been so many yam legends/sympathisers spouting on the footy - Robbo (who I think's ok), Clark, Preston, Mitchell (who're not) and Cockoon (though that was STV rather than BBC). And it's virtually impossible to watch anything about Hibs without hearing about last year's cup final - I don't think even Engerlish commentators mention 1966 as much.

Displeasing.

During the live game the two pundits were Mixu and Pat Nevin...to be fair that is pretty Hibs biased. Sportscene is not biased it's crap.

The Sea-gull
04-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Ahh, the regular BBC are anti-Hibs thread. I love it! Coz they are!

Never really saw or heard much from them over the weekend but picking up on the points made by others:-

Liam McLeod - Yes, he does seem to be very anti-Hibs and always puts a negative spin on his commentaries of our games whether it is via comments he makes or the stats he chooses to use. He did mention yesterday a good few times "where would Hibs be without Griffiths" when what he really wants to say but can't is "Hibs would be p$sh without Griffiths".

Did he rattle off a stat about us being 3 points off Dundee if we didn't have LG? Stats like that are meaningless as if we didn't have LG, we would have someone else who would probably not be as good or scored as many goals but would have probably scored LG's penalties and put away some of his other chances. OK, we'd be worse off without him but to suggest that we would be adrift at the bottom of the league is a bit strong.

I believe McLeod is an Aberdeen fan. If he is playing that game he might want to ask himself where they would be without Niall McGinn. They couldnae score to save their lives when he was out injured at the start of the season.

Re his 5-1 mentions. In fairness to him, it is relevant to mention it when he is covering a Scottish cup match, Hearts match or a derby but he does go a bit over board with the number of mentions it gets and does sound very pleased with himself each time he gives it a mention. No idea why he has it in for us. Can only put it down to the fact that I first noticed his bitterness when we knocked the Dons out in last season's semi. It was shortly after that he came out with his "are you watching Hibernian comment" when Dunfermline started picking up a few points towards the end of last season. Then he did seem to enjoy last season's cup final a bit more than a neutral should!

"Doddsy" - Don't actually mind him and his point re Falkirk probably wanting Hibs more than Utd is fair enough. I doubt Falkirk are that bothered who they get but from their point of view, they'll be thinking "keep Griffiths quiet and we have a chance" whereas with Utd you have Daly, MacKay-Steven and Russell as big threats.

Richard Gordon - He never usually has anything nice to say about us but from the little I heard from him over the weekend, I didn't hear anything from him. Again, like McLeod, I think he is one of a growing number of Aberdeen fans who have a growing sense of bitterness towards us.

Hibrandenburg
04-03-2013, 08:39 AM
During the live game the two pundits were Mixu and Pat Nevin...to be fair that is pretty Hibs biased. Sportscene is not biased it's crap.

This!

Part/Time Supporter
04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't think they are biased. I think that Sportscene, like most of the MSM nowadays, has very fixed narratives that are incredibly difficult to shift. They seem to think that they have a duty to patronise the audience and explain what's going to happen, rather than just describing what has immediately happened and retrospectively analysing why.

brog
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM

Spot on John, I sometimes wonder if some commentators actually know anything about the game. By scoring twice Hibs actually saved Killie from ending with 8 men. Sissoko also clearly pushed Leigh in build up to 3rd goal. On this occasion ref didn't book Sissoko which makes me wonder if pen would have been given though ref did well to spot the red card tug on Leigh, particularly as Leigh ignored it, unlike Heffernan!! Sportscene however managed to avoid any real discussion on all these points!

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 08:55 AM

Think your suspicions are correct, even at the end of the game summarising what was a wonderful Hibs win all his bitter little bleat was about was his team winning the last final. Unsurprisingly dont think he mentioned Hibs having recovered and knocked his beloved team out in Round 4 of this years competition once during his commentary.

number9dream
04-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Dodds is a fanny.

Gives us hee-haw credit.

Big Elvis will certainly want United since they chose Jackie Mac ahead of him...

lapsedhibee
04-03-2013, 09:07 AM

Didn't know that. Mixu would have been there providing balance from a Killiemarnock perspective, I suppose. Agree that crapness rather than bias is the big problem, not just on Sportscene but on all the Scottish Beeb's footy output.

Aldo
04-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Anyone Bar Smellic or Utd please... Got a funny feeling in ma bones that the semis will be

Falkirk v Smellic
Hibs v Utd

Peevemor
04-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Ahh, the regular BBC are anti-Hibs thread. I love it! Coz they are!

Never really saw or heard much from them over the weekend but picking up on the points made by others:-

Liam McLeod - ....

Did he rattle off a stat about us being 3 points off Dundee if we didn't have LG? Stats like that are meaningless as if we didn't have LG, we would have someone else who would probably not be as good or scored as many goals but would have probably scored LG's penalties and put away some of his other chances. OK, we'd be worse off without him but to suggest that we would be adrift at the bottom of the league is a bit strong.

:agree: Can you imagine where we'd be without Ben Williams? - we'd have the worst goals against column in history! :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 09:19 AM
:agree: Can you imagine where we'd be without Ben Williams? - we'd have the worst goals against column in history! :greengrin

Yep imagine a commentator coming out with where would Barca or Real be without Messi or Ronaldo's goals. It means nothing.

DH1875
04-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Is it just me or is that commentator completely anti-hibs? Seemed absolutely delighted with Killie's goals. Hibs score and he was so quiet you can hear a rat pissing on cotton. And Gary Locke looking on gleefully.

The boy is a total ***. Never has a good thing to say about us and always like to have a wee dig when possible. Loves it when other teams score against us. I'm sure he's also had a pop at the size of our fan base a few times only to be proven wrong.

ahibby
04-03-2013, 05:02 PM

I thought McPakes long ball was perfectly placed just beyond their last defender allowing Griffiths to run on to it. Fabulous skill from McPake and Griffiths. Dodds said the long ball was hit more in hope than anything else, ha ha. Dodds could never play the kind of pass that McPake pulled off and his jealousy stinks.

BSEJVT
04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
To be honest all the media negativity should be music to our ears.

For too long as a club we have been soft as ****

Maybe this everyone,s against us mentality is building us the right mentality?

Certainly this team is showing a bit more resolve and refusal to be bullied than its predeccessors

Hibercelona
04-03-2013, 05:40 PM
One comment that really annoyed me was the comment about Griffiths "winning Hibs 20-something points this season".

As if he played in all of those games by himself...

basehibby
04-03-2013, 06:25 PM

But the BBC (Scotland) ARE anti-Hibs from what I can gather. They employ a Jambo fud on the radio who likes nothing more than to gloat over our misfortune and as for Rob McLean - well he is a miserable useless erse anyway but I always get the impression that he REALLY begrudges saying anything even slightly positive about HIbs. Also - when was the last time a Hibs employee was invited onto that sheighty Sportscene show anyway??? The last "Hibee" I remember was uber-Yam Billy Brrown who then proceded to do his utmost to get our main striker banned :rolleyes:.

WTF happened? did Rod piss in their bleedin cornflakes??? :confused:

Mr White
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM

Mixu managed killie and nevin played for them so Id say that's pretty even rather than biased. Liam mcleod seems to take pleasure in talking hibs down but overall I agree its incompetence rather than bias with most of the chumps that the beeb dress up as experts on Scottish football, not unlike our refs actually.

Geo_1875
04-03-2013, 10:49 PM

An ex-Kilmarnock manager and an ex-Kilmarnock player. I don't see any Hibs bias there.

lapsedhibee
05-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Yep imagine a commentator coming out with where would Barca or Real be without Messi or Ronaldo's goals. It means nothing.

A creeping disease unfortunately. Today's i pointing out that RVP's league goals have "won" Manure 23pts whereas Ronaldo's have "won" Royal Mathrith only 9pts. So farquing wot?

Aldo
05-03-2013, 08:34 AM
A creeping disease unfortunately. Today's i pointing out that RVP's league goals have "won" Manure 23pts whereas Ronaldo's have "won" Royal Mathrith only 9pts. So farquing wot?

Griffiths is in the team to score goals. If he stays fit and free from suspension the whole season and scores the majority then it's job done for me.

NOLA
05-03-2013, 08:46 AM

Certainly this team is showing a bit more resolve and refusal to be bullied than its predeccessors
Exactly.

The_Sauz
05-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Is that the same Pat Nevin who played for Killie and Mixu who is the former Killie manager? So the Hibs biased you mentioned makes no scene!

GlenrothesHibee
05-03-2013, 03:35 PM

Spot on

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Is that the same Pat Nevin who played for Killie and Mixu who is the former Killie manager? So the Hibs biased you mentioned makes no scene!

I think Mixu's connections with Hibs as a player and manager slightly outweigh his few months as Killie manager? And Nevin is known as a Hibs supporter nowadays.

Trying to say it was Killie bias is ridiculous.