PDA

View Full Version : Only downside - Done out of semi

JimBHibees
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Brilliant performance however pretty sure Matt Done is out of the semi final. Especially galling given the joke yellow he got v Dons.

Titch
03-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Brilliant performance however pretty sure Matt Done is out of the semi final. Especially galling given the joke yellow he got v Dons.

only second yellow of the tournament and we entered in the third round so he should be fine no???

Franck Stanton
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Really ? Be surprised if this is the case, after all he has only been here a month, don't think he has passed the penalty point threashold to be honest.

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I'd just play him, suspensions are voluntary these days apparently.

KanyeWestLower
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Said on the radio that he would miss the next Scottish cup game

Gmack7
03-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I'd just play him, suspensions are voluntary these days apparently.
:greengrin:greengrin

oconnors_strip
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Really ? Be surprised if this is the case, after all he has only been here a month, don't think he has passed the penalty point threashold to be honest.

you dont get points for yellow cards in the cup, its an automatic miss next round if you get a second yellow. thus he misses the semi but will be ok for final IF we get there

JimBHibees
03-03-2013, 06:21 PM
only second yellow of the tournament and we entered in the third round so he should be fine no???

No we now enter at Round 4. Here is a copy of the judicial process.

the following applies to players whose clubs enter the Scottish cup after round
3, the Scottish Football league cup after round 2, and all other Specified cup
competitions:
1.1.2.1 a player who is reported for two cautionable offences in the same
competition during a Season will automatically be suspended for one
match.

the_ginger_hibee
03-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Joke if true... effectively saying two yellows over two different games equal a red/suspension :confused: Looks like thats been the rules for a while but seems daft. Ah well, will be a miss.

JimBHibees
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM

He was laughingly booked by Brines when he was desperately trying to give the Dons an equaliser in the last round.

Cairney, McPake and Claros now on a tightrope for final also. Lewis also.

Up The Bracket
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Cairney and Spoony are better players anyway, always best to have everyone available, but I'd rather Done was out than Claros or Griffiths :agree:.

Scònaldò
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Downside for me is I won't be able to make it, I'm in Malaga.

Glad I went today though and I'll be there for the final;)!

HoboHarry
03-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Joke if true... effectively saying two yellows over two different games equal a red/suspension :confused: Looks like thats been the rules for a while but seems daft. Ah well, will be a miss.
Why? Been that way for years... World Cup etc works the same way

edinburghhibee
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM

I'm the same I'm delighted we are through but expect an ANYONE WATCHING THE GAME IN THAILAND thread closer to the semi

Gutted!

Speedy
03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
No we now enter at Round 4. Here is a copy of the judicial process.

the following applies to players whose clubs enter the Scottish cup after round
3, the Scottish Football league cup after round 2, and all other Specified cup
competitions:
1.1.2.1 a player who is reported for two cautionable offences in the same
competition during a Season will automatically be suspended for one
match.

Doesn't say which match so we should be able to defer it or wait until he goes to England and let them worry about it...I think that's how it works :greengrin

On a serious note, that's disappointing given what he was booked for.

frazeHFC
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Shame, thought he looked really good today that he was on the left.

Shrekko
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Shame, thought he looked really good today that he was on the left.

He keeps turning back even on the left. I don't think he's taken on or beaten a man since he came.

Hopefully his goal kick starts him but if we can get Cairney back on form he'd be a huge upgrade on Done.

hibbysam
03-03-2013, 07:45 PM
He keeps turning back even on the left. I don't think he's taken on or beaten a man since he came.

Hopefully his goal kick starts him but if we can get Cairney back on form he'd be a huge upgrade on Done.

Done gives us that ball in behind that Cairney doesn't give us though..

On the wing I believe Done is a far better option than Cairney who is a central midfielder..

How many times did we play the chip over there right back and put Done in behind! Great out ball to have allowing space in the middle for Leigh to do what Leigh does best!

Franck Stanton
03-03-2013, 07:47 PM
you dont get points for yellow cards in the cup, its an automatic miss next round if you get a second yellow. thus he misses the semi but will be ok for final IF we get there

Well you learn something new every day eh. Never knew that, seems rather harsh, but if thems the rules, thems the rules. We will just replace him with Cairney.

Shrekko
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Done gives us that ball in behind that Cairney doesn't give us though..

On the wing I believe Done is a far better option than Cairney who is a central midfielder..

How many times did we play the chip over there right back and put Done in behind! Great out ball to have allowing space in the middle for Leigh to do what Leigh does best!

Respect your view mate but I've never seen Done behind a full back yet and when he does get into advanced positions he automatically turns back the way.

In saying that the midfield has been beautifully balanced the past 2 away games so you must have a point.

SMAXXA
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Hardly, dont talk ***** :confused:

FranckSuzy
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Brilliant. Best result recently and there's STILL negative posts about certain players. Give me strength :rolleyes: :top marksto every player and fan there today :pfgwa

Shrekko
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Hardly, dont talk ***** :confused:

You fancy a proper debate instead of throwing abuse? You allowed to have an opinion without being told you're talking *****?

So correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying Done in his current form is better than Cairney was at the start of the season?

Harpandcastle
03-03-2013, 08:20 PM

Yo tambien mi amigo. Hoping our game does not clash with Malaga v Osasuna match.

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 08:39 PM
You fancy a proper debate instead of throwing abuse? You allowed to have an opinion without being told you're talking *****?

So correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying Done in his current form is better than Cairney was at the start of the season?

Based on what we've seen so far I totally agree with you. Cairney has slumped a bit recently, but looks to have far more quality than Done.

SMAXXA
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM

Your right mate I was a bit out of order witrh that comment, apologise for any offence, shouldnt post when :drunk:.

I agree re Cairney's start to the season but he has really went of the boil in the second half of the season. Still really rate him though and hope he can recapture the form he has shown since joined.

Shrekko
04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Your right mate I was a bit out of order witrh that comment, apologise for any offence, shouldnt post when :drunk:.

I agree re Cairney's start to the season but he has really went of the boil in the second half of the season. Still really rate him though and hope he can recapture the form he has shown since joined.

No probs- everyone was entitled to a drink yesterday :greengrin

Done IS the best option on the left at the moment and I do believe balance in a midfield is all important. We all know the problem earlier was that we had 4 guys that were too similar in the middle. Nothing wrong with guys like Stevenson and Deegan but we're better in midfield now with a mix of styles. If we could get Cairney back to his early season form though i believe we could be even better. I do agree there's probably not much hope of that at present though.

Hibeesmad
04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
So which players are on 1 yellow card?

Sir David Gray
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
So which players are on 1 yellow card?

Cairney
McPake
Claros
Stevenson

For the others;

Celtic

Mulgrew
Samaras
Wanyama

Dundee Utd

Gunning
Watson
Mackay-Steven

Falkirk

McGrandles
Sibbald
Higgins
Alston
Taylor

Would be good if we were to play Dundee Utd in the final and they were to be without Russell and Mackay-Steven.

I'm a bit concerned about the players that we could potentially be without, if we make the final.

Particularly Claros.