PDA

View Full Version : 7272 fans

dp00
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Bbc has the attendance at 7272... reckon at least 3500 of them were hibbys

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

maturehibby
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
seemed to be full to capacity and some more - did they open up another part of the ground or did they keep squeezing you lot in .
Only heard the Hibs fans singing and Sparky acknowledged the contribution made by you all - also Craig patterson acknowledged the noise made and said that to hear your own fans as you come onto the park out-shouting the home fans give the players such a lift

Franck Stanton
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Did say in the tv commentary that there were just as many Hibbys there as Killie fans. Great show from all who made the trip

dp00
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Was certainpy a few fans who never had a seat. Or at least appeared not to have one.

Sect 43 had a good few extra in there area aswell

HiBremian
03-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Away end stand has a capacity of 4400.:cb

Big Sexy Dave
03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Usually the Killie announcer says the exact number of away fans the away team has brung but I think he was embaressed we out-numbered them.

mrdependable
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM
hats off to all who made the trip :not worth

Seveno
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
There were a few extra seats but I have never been part of a Hibs support that were so united. The stand really shook to the Bounce.

killie-hibby
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Bbc has the attendance at 7272... reckon at least 3500 of them were hibbys

The Chadwick stand has 4406 seats. I was in the main stand and could see very few empty seats,maybe 100/150. Looks like we had more supporters than Killie. The atmosphere our supporters created was very impressive, so much so that I noticed many Killie fans spent as much time looking at the Chadwick stand than what was happening on the pitch:flag:

frazeHFC
03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Was certainpy a few fans who never had a seat. Or at least appeared not to have one.

Sect 43 had a good few extra in there area aswell

:agree: Was 2, some places 3 of us at 1 seat for most of the first half. :tee hee:

JIm
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
The Chadwick stand has 4406 seats. I was in the main stand and could see very few empty seats,maybe 100/150. Looks like we had more supporters than Killie. The atmosphere our supporters created was very impressive, so much so that I noticed many Killie fans spent as much time looking at the Chadwick stand than what was happening on the pitch:flag:

Goosebumps reading that. I didn't want that game to end what a day out.

Kyle A
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
The bottom few rows were taped off. That didn't last long tbh. :greengrin

SJNB Hibby
03-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure it was their biggest attendance of the season-several hundred more than for Smeltic:top marks

Russell The Dug
03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Hibs fans today where amazing!!!! Allez allez ohhh

madabouthibs
03-03-2013, 09:01 PM
What a day, I couldn't get down the stairs at one point, folk were standing in the stairwells! I think a lot of people where just hanging with their mates rather than going to their own seat. We had 6 in our bit, taking 5 seats. :flag:

vanNISHtelroy
03-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure it was their biggest attendance of the season-several hundred more than for Smeltic:top marks

There was 6,501 at the game against Septic

LancashireHibby
03-03-2013, 09:10 PM
There was 6,501 at the game against Septic
Was it a case of more Killie fans turning out or did we bring more fans than Celtc?

vanNISHtelroy
03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Was it a case of more Killie fans turning out or did we bring more fans than Celtc?

Bit of both I think

LancashireHibby
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Bit of both I think
Good enough for me!

Hibs bigger than Celtc. FACT.

Sprouleflyer
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Was a bit annoyed with the BBC commentator stating a Hibs support of 2500-3000 fans, then referring to the stand being packed out stating a support of 3000 when the stands holds 4400.

The stand looked full apart from a few rows that were taped off on the far right hand side from the camera position.

I would say the hibs support was somewhere between 3800-4200, which is an incredible support considering the game was live on the BBC.

vanNISHtelroy
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Was a bit annoyed with the BBC commentator stating a Hibs support of 2500-3000 fans, then referring to the stand being packed out stating a support of 3000 when the stands holds 4400.

The stand looked full apart from a few rows that were taped off on the far right hand side from the camera position.

I would say the hibs support was somewhere between 3800-4200, which is an incredible support considering the game was live on the BBC.

Thats strange, Johathan Sutherland was talking to some of the turnstile operators before the game when he went by. Was having wee chat and he was saying he'd heard you lot were gonna have over 3k possibly 3.5k+ and how many did we think we would have etc.

So the beeb knew how many you were bringing roughly!

Hibernia Na Eir
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
embarrassing empty stand flag display by Killie in their "home" end. REALLY embarrassing. WTF was that all about?

poorly supported club, Hibs were the big boys today, no doubt.

Gatecrasher
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
embarrassing empty stand flag display by Killie in their "home" end. REALLY embarrassing. WTF is that all about?

a tad harsh, they have to compete directly with the OF for supporters and dont forget the poor home support we had against Aberdeen. Please dont start the big club wee club pish.

frazeHFC
03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Watched the goals back and did have a chuckle at our support after the goals going mental. Looks quality seeing the whole stand packed from top to bottom. :thumbsup:

Hibeesforever
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
There were a few extra seats but I have never been part of a Hibs support that were so united. The stand really shook to the Bounce.

Yes, four times it shook a little bit too much!
Apparently everything is "barry" with the stand engineering so it is okay.
When Sparky scored his hattrick, the tremor was probably felt back in the Capital.

Fantastic performance by Hibs today, one of the best I have ever seen.

:flag:

Sudds_1
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
:agree: Was 2, some places 3 of us at 1 seat for most of the first half. :tee hee:

yep...crowd control was frankly awful. If the Hibbies I saw hadn't sorted it out themselves could have been a wee bit tousy. Security weren't interested!

Very poor Killie support............blown away by the majestic away support! :cb

LancashireHibby
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Can't blame folk if they didn't sit in their allocated seat. I've never seen so many drunk blokes trying to work out their alphabet because the rows weren't marked out!

Harpandcastle
03-03-2013, 09:31 PM
a tad harsh, they have to compete directly with the OF for supporters and dont forget the poor home support we had against Aberdeen. Please dont start the big club wee club pish.

Exactly. I've never been aware of Kilmarnock giving it large re size of support. They compete with glory hunters that no doubt head to ibrox & parkhead in their droves. Fair play to the guys that turn out and support the local team.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM

don't give me it. Killie are rotten to the core like their Glasgow cousins. No other outfit need sing Hullo hullo....so give them the electric chair. die. die die.

rcarter1
03-03-2013, 09:37 PM
On the subject of away supports.

First of all absolutely magnificent turn out - well done to all those who made it.

A hearts fan commented on us not being able to fill the away stand - to be fair was shot down by a lot of other jambos who gave credit to us.

They do however seem to think we bring a poor support to Tynecastle. With our record its understandable, but is it a fair comment?

Killiehibbie
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
don't give me it. Killie are rotten to the core like their Glasgow cousins.Most of the Killie fans I know are are ok and go to support their team, just a shame that more people leave the town every week to watch Celtic and Rangers than support their local team.

JIm
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Most of the Killie fans I know are are ok and go to support their team, just a shame that more people leave the town every week to watch Celtic and Rangers than support their local team.

I glory hunters like you :wink::thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
03-03-2013, 09:43 PM
yep...crowd control was frankly awful. If the Hibbies I saw hadn't sorted it out themselves could have been a wee bit tousy. Security weren't interested!

Very poor Killie support............blown away by the majestic away support! :cb

The event staff and policing was frankly abysmal......

Kyle A
03-03-2013, 09:44 PM
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=77206

Stolen from P&B

Killiehibbie
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I glory hunters like you :wink::thumbsup:I've been called a few things but that's a new one, masochist more appropriate. :greengrin

GreenCastle
03-03-2013, 10:04 PM
embarrassing empty stand flag display by Killie in their "home" end. REALLY embarrassing. WTF was that all about?

I liked the flags - added some colour rather than just empty seats - we did it in the top of the South this season and looked good.

The sad issue is that they rarely use that stand any more for home fans and considering the stadium holds 18,128 crowds of around 5k /6k aren't great at all.

Regarding the Hibs support today -absolutely amazing! Well done to everyone who went -hopefully pack out ER on Sunday also :agree:

Pete
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Absolutey incredible if any hearts fan had the nerve to criticize our away support. It's sheer jealousy because they couldn't generate an atmosphere in a brewery full of prostitutes. They were sitting with their jaws on the floor looking at us in amazement at tynecastle.

As for numbers, they can come back when they take 1000 plus to a midweek game in Perth and more than 50 to parkhead.

Pete
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Can't blame folk if they didn't sit in their allocated seat. I've never seen so many drunk blokes trying to work out their alphabet because the rows weren't marked out!

To be fair some seats had their original numbers and others had masking tape over them with other numbers.

People did take their seats but they just moved towards the middle and stood. Even though there were some empty seats at the ends they all had people in them at one point. I think it was full barring a few dozen.

inglisavhibs
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Good Post
Kilmarnock is not a big place and unfortunately suffers from very high unemployment. Our fans were brilliant today but are not always like that!

vanNISHtelroy
03-03-2013, 10:36 PM
To be fair some seats had their original numbers and others had masking tape over them with other numbers.

People did take their seats but they just moved towards the middle and stood. Even though there were some empty seats at the ends they all had people in them at one point. I think it was full barring a few dozen.

Those might be the seats from the Moffat/East corner that were used to fill in gaps in the Chadwick stand before the Celtic game?

flash
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
don't give me it. Killie are rotten to the core like their Glasgow cousins. No other outfit need sing Hullo hullo....so give them the electric chair. die. die die.

Don't be such a graceless erse.

Hiber-nation
03-03-2013, 11:03 PM

Utter bollox. Although its a horrible song, plenty of other clubs' fans sing it.

Capt Mainwaring
03-03-2013, 11:17 PM

Youve let yourself down there caller. As well as coming across as an arrogant , graceless tit. Are you related to Jim Jefferies?

I think you'll find Killie fans despise the OF as much as we do

Zazu62
04-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Very decent turnout from the hibs fans well done to all who travelled

.Sean.
04-03-2013, 08:26 AM

They don't sing 'The Billy Boys'. Fanny. Killie sing nothing sectarian, never understand the booing when they sing Hello Hello. Then again maybe you'd have been happier hearing your Irish Republican nonsense eh.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM
The event staff and policing was frankly abysmal......

Stevie, I think it's one to take up with Gary O'Hagen at the next LWT meeting. The same thing happened at St Mirren 2 weeks ago. Buy tickets, only to find someone in my seats, and the stewards told everyone to sit where they want!!!
My friend raised this with one of the policeman at half time yesterday, and he said he would raise it at the post match briefing.

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Nonsense, there is no religious connotation to that song more an anti-Ayr one much like Dundee signing it also. Embarrassing hearing Hibs fans going on about Huns at the end.