PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Williams 6 distribution poorer than recently.

Stevenson 7
McPake 8 Back to his best, two good performances back to back now.
McGivern 7 Yet again spoils a good performance with a critical mistake. If he cut out the lapses in concentration he'd be playing at the very top level.
Maybury 8 Special mention, kept the booboys quiet and more importantly, The Lumberjack quiet second half.

Done 6
Robertson 9 Outstanding
Claros 9 see Robertson
Taiwo 8 see Robertson, unlucky to be subbed, was he injured?
Wotherspoon 7 Steady, better than Cairney on current form.

Griffiths 10

Fans 10 Absolutely gutted i wasnt there but you all sounded fabulous :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Stevenson 7
McGivern 7 Yet again spoils a good performance with a critical mistake. If he cut out the lapses in concentration he'd be playing at the very top level.
Maybury 8 Special mention, kept the booboys quiet and more importantly, The Lumberjack quiet second half.

Done 6
Robertson 9 Outstanding
Claros 9 see Robertson

Griffiths 10

I'd mark Maybury, Taiwo and Spoony down a mark, but other than that pretty much spot on sir :aok:

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Stevenson 7

Done 6
Robertson 9 Outstanding
Claros 9 see Robertson

Griffiths 10

What critical mistake did McGivern make?

Up The Bracket
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Williams - 6 - Didn't do much wrong, 2 good saves directly before both their goals, never really had much to do.

Maybury - 8 - Dealt well with Dayton, didn't put a foot wrong, deserves credit after getting so much stick. Good shift Alan :agree:

McPake - 8 - Solid, won everything in the air, dealt with Paul "Hit the deck" Heffernan. True leader. Great captain, hopefully see him lifting the cup in May.

McGivern - 8 - See McPake, without lifting the cup.

Stevenson - 7 - Shocking decision for the penalty, dealt well with Gros who is a very good player. Would play him at RB over Clancy, who I like, but Lewis has done so well.

Spoony - 7 - Good going forward, quiet in spells but that was more like the Spoony we saw in Autumn. Well played.

Robertson - 8 - Fantastic player. A real coup signing him.

Taiwo - 8 - Much improved to Wednesday, worked hard, was good going forward for a change too.

Claros - 9 - Can't put into words how good he is. Take a bow son.

Done - 6 - Scored, but apart from that. Meh.

Griffiths - 10 - :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

hibsbollah
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
What critical mistake did McGivern make?

Gave the ball away just prior to the goal, or if it wasnt the goal it was a chance Killie missed. I'll watch the highlights to make sure :wink:

Col2
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Gave the ball away just prior to the goal, or if it wasnt the goal it was a chance Killie missed. I'll watch the highlights to make sure :wink:

Yup should have cleared it but it led to the joke of a penalty.

Elephant Stone
03-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Williams: 7. Couldn't have done anything more for their goals.

Maybury 7
McPake 9
McGivern 8
Stevenson 7

Done 7
Claros 9
Taiwo 8
Robertson 7
Wothersoon 7

Griffiths. 10. There are no words.

Northernhibee
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Williams - 7

Stevenson - 7
McPake - 8
McGivern - 8
Maybury - 9

Wotherspoon - 7
Taiwo - 8
Robertson - 9
Claros - 10
Done - 6

Griffiths - 10

Fergus52
03-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I thought Done was better than people are saying?

Worked really hard, made a good few tackles, never lost the ball stupidly, tried to drive us forward and scored a goal.

dp00
03-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I thought Done was better than people are saying?

Worked really hard, made a good few tackles, never lost the ball stupidly, tried to drive us forward and scored a goal.

This... thought he had a good game.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

J-C
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
This... thought he had a good game.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Me too, finally played on his proper side of the pitch and his pace and enthusiasm was great to see, caused them a lot of bother too.

AlbertK86
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM

He tried to play with left foot when it was clear he should have cleared with his right. Intercepted and led to goal....

Other than that he oozed class yet again ..... As did Claros and Griffiths

Really hope we can keep them on permanent deals

Seveno
03-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Claros was outstanding today. Sparky was from another Universe.

hibsbollah
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
He tried to play with left foot when it was clear he should have cleared with his right. Intercepted and led to goal....

Other than that he oozed class yet again ..... As did Claros and Griffiths

Really hope we can keep them on permanent deals

McGivern is tremendous, we're lucky to have him. He's a peculiar player though, he dominates his man for 89 mins but throws in a wee slip almost every game as well. Its not a player bashing exercise on my part, and its definitely better than being mediocre for 90 mins.

Davy Mac
03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
For various reasons I haven't seen much of Hibs team this season but this was my thoughts from todays game:

Williams - 7 - Looks solid and knows what he is doing, furious for Killie's 1st goal - like that in a keeper

Stevenson - 6 Both Maybury & Stevenson looked a bit indecisive to me and need to be quicker in dealing with certain situations
McPake - 8 - Captain fantastic, natural born leader, great display and knows what it means to be a captain of Hibs
McGivern - 8 - Looks exceptionally talented, thought i was looking at Ulrik Laursen for a moment
Maybury - 6 - Rough 1st half but displayed his experience in the last 20 mins

Wotherspoon - 7 Much better from the young fella, starting to show his potential
Taiwo - 6 No nonsense, kept it simple, good squad player
Robertson - 8 Like the cut of his jib, one to watch and looks a clever cookie indeed
Claros - 9 Wahl, just wahl - looked every bit an internationalist, lucky to have him on this form and display
Done - 6 - Like Taiwo, looks like a good squad player, not quite sure what he brings to the party

Griffiths - 9.5 What a handful, if only we could build a team around him and he committed to a 5 year contract :-)

Subbies: Nae time but clearly Doyle is lacking in confidence, his touch was murder

Ref: Pash
Hibbies - Bouncing and enjoying themselves but noticed quite a few young new Uni types :-)

Tricla
03-03-2013, 08:26 PM
For various reasons I haven't seen much of Hibs team this season but this was my thoughts from todays game:

Williams - 7 - Looks solid and knows what he is doing, furious for Killie's 1st goal - like that in a keeper

Stevenson - 6 Both Maybury & Stevenson looked a bit indecisive to me and need to be quicker in dealing with certain situations
McPake - 8 - Captain fantastic, natural born leader, great display and knows what it means to be a captain of Hibs
McGivern - 8 - Looks exceptionally talented, thought i was looking at Ulrik Laursen for a moment
Maybury - 6 - Rough 1st half but displayed his experience in the last 20 mins

Wotherspoon - 7 Much better from the young fella, starting to show his potential
Taiwo - 6 No nonsense, kept it simple, good squad player
Robertson - 8 Like the cut of his jib, one to watch and looks a clever cookie indeed
Claros - 9 Wahl, just wahl - looked every bit an internationalist, lucky to have him on this form and display
Done - 6 - Like Taiwo, looks like a good squad player, not quite sure what he brings to the party

Griffiths - 9.5 What a handful, if only we could build a team around him and he committed to a 5 year contract :-)

Subbies: Nae time but clearly Doyle is lacking in confidence, his touch was murder

Ref: Pash
Hibbies - Bouncing and enjoying themselves but noticed quite a few young new Uni types :-)

I thought the ref let the game flow.

frazeHFC
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Thought the ref was decent too, played advantage well and good decision with the red card and our penalty. Seen much worse redereeing performances this season.

SMAXXA
03-03-2013, 08:31 PM
A 6 for anyone is a piss take, minimum 7's all round with the exception of a few mentioned

JMac
03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
For Me:
Williams-6
Stevenson-7
McPake-9
McGivern-8
Maybury-8
Done-6
Robertson-9
Taiwo-8
Claros-10
Wotherspoon-7
Griffiths-10

Fans-10 Surely the best atmosphere since the 07 cup win

truehibernian
03-03-2013, 08:42 PM
McGivern is tremendous, we're lucky to have him. He's a peculiar player though, he dominates his man for 89 mins but throws in a wee slip almost every game as well. Its not a player bashing exercise on my part, and its definitely better than being mediocre for 90 mins.

True bollah, but he is a terrific full back and versatile defender - quick, gets forward without invitation, always put in a decent ball. Reminds me of Ulrik to be honest. Very rarely loses a header too. I think he will go far if he continues to learn the game. Really good attitude too.

Robertson has made a huge difference in the midfield area for me though - the balance is just right. He adds height and a wee bit composure - but importantly looks to take the team up the pitch. Let's Jorge get about his business with more space to work in too.

SkintHibby
03-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I thought the ref let the game flow.

Yup, ref was excellent today (shame about the penalty but the linesman was determined it was one).

FromTheCapital
03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Williams (7) - Distribution was poor at times. Made two great saves before their goals. Couldn't blame him for anything.

Maybury (7) - Dealt with Dayton well and kept the critics quiet. Slack passing at times but overall more than decent performance.

McPake (8) - Won everything in the air. Immense tackle at 2-2 to deny Heffernan. Great captain's performance.

McGivern (8) - Him and McPake won everything put against them. Confident on the ball and a great centre half and left back.

Stevenson (7) - For a lad his height, he still manages to win everything. Wrongly booked for pen as it was a clear dive.

Wotherspoon (7) - Frustrating at times but his pass through to Griffiths when Barbour got sent off was pure class.

Claros (9) - Magnificent footballer. Hard in the tackle and passing is brilliant. Very rarely rushes a pass. Excellent.

Taiwo (7) - Got stuck in. Passing was good and fought for every ball. Good player to play next to Claros.

Robertson (9) - Great peformance. Drove forward but still had the legs to get back. Gave his all. Brilliant show.

Done (7) - Impressed me today. Bagged his first goal and was willing to go at defenders. Really like him.

Griffiths (10) - What can I say? World class performance. Best finisher in the league by a mile. Was unplayable today.

Referee (8) - Linesman gave the pen. Missed a few free-kicks but got handball and red card decision spot on.

Green and White Army (10) - Got behind the team from the first whistle to the last. HAMPDEN HERE WE COME!

Allez Allez Allez Au! :flag:

hibsbollah
03-03-2013, 08:54 PM
True bollah, but he is a terrific full back and versatile defender - quick, gets forward without invitation, always put in a decent ball. Reminds me of Ulrik to be honest. Very rarely loses a header too. I think he will go far if he continues to learn the game. Really good attitude too.

Robertson has made a huge difference in the midfield area for me though - the balance is just right. He adds height and a wee bit composure - but importantly looks to take the team up the pitch. Let's Jorge get about his business with more space to work in too.

Agree re-Robertson, he was Claros' equal today. Always there with the little linking pass.