PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hibs board get Leigh signed

Captain Trips
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Forget signing anyone like Thomson etc until end of season, if there is any excuse to take a gamble on paying a fee or higher wages for a player its Leigh. Get it sorted.

Hibby Mike
03-03-2013, 03:50 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
As it has been said all season. Where would we be without him. An outstanding performance! Get it sorted Petrie!

GGTTH

danhibees1875
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Leigh Leigh, super Leigh!

Gus Fring
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
This must be the highest of priorities.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
God.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Buy a season ticket and do your bit.

More we sell, the better the chance. Simple.

LeighLoyal
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
The cup run might provide the cash, although it'll be up to Leigh as no doubt more money will be offered elsewhere.

down-the-slope
03-03-2013, 03:59 PM

:agree: as I said on match thread...Sparky & Claros are the priorities

Get those ST's bought and increase the chances of Rod doing a deal

Hainan Hibs
03-03-2013, 04:04 PM
The commentator said Leigh's goals have won us 21 points this season.

We just HAVE to get him signed up.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
I would advise everyone to enjoy him till the end of the season and then wish him well.

We can't even come close to what he'll get offered elsewhere.

AllyF
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
I'd sell the stadium for Leigh Griffiths.

leither17
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
He has scored half our goals it said in the commentary too I renewed yesterday but if I hadn't that performance would have done it for me

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 04:21 PM
I would advise everyone to enjoy him till the end of the season and then wish him well.

Yes fair point but his heart might say this is where I want to be. No doubt he will get offered better terms elsewhere but it's up to Leigh himself, where he wants to be. Stay here for a season, bag in the goals, get the Scotland caps and he will have even more suitors including EPL ones chasing his signature. There is no harm in his development to stay here for one more season.

heidtheba
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
We could have a cake bake...:greengrin

Seriously though, please Rod, he's an absolute star for the side and a safe bet - no risk in terms of what he offers.

Keith_M
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
I'd sell the stadium for Leigh Griffiths.

No, too useful, sell East Mains :wink:

Hibbyradge
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM

heidtheba
03-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Apologies for being clueless but just to check
any deal for Leigh would be with him only and only against competing clubs looking for his signature? There's no money to be paid this summer to anyone other than the player?

AgentDaleCooper
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM

not that i really know what i'm on about, but i'd have thought that if we offered him a long-term deal including a hefty chunk, like 50%, of his future transfer fee, and a buy out clause of £4m or something, all parties would end up very well off as a result? if he carries on like this, he'd attract some pretty big offers by the end of next season.

Andy74
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Pity Wolves still have a year on his deal if they want it.

CraigHibee
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Bums on seats will help!

Kaiser1962
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM

I suspect we are trying very hard to get a deal done. If Wolves hadnt parted company with Solbakken at the begining of January the deal might already have been done. We will, as always, do the best we can.

heidtheba
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I suspect we are trying very hard to get a deal done. If Wolves hadnt parted company with Solbakken at the begining of January the deal might already have been done. We will, as always, do the best we can.

Maybe not splashing cash on Thomson was a good stroke, not so much in terms of keeping cash back, but making us look like less of an easy touch (not that we ever are financially) for any negotiations...

Captain Trips
03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Bums on seats will help!

I am aware of that but we have chicken and egg again, IMO the ones who are going just now are deserving of the signing.

Sergey
03-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Indeed.

Folks need to take a reality check and look at where Hibs stand in the broad scheme of things. There's no conceivable way that we can hope to retain Griffiths after the seasons end. Every goal he scores adds another £100k onto any possible transfer fee and we will simply be priced out.

If Wolves do decide to sell him then I'd expect a few EPL clubs to be on the market. Bang goes our chances!

brydekirk
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Spot on. GGTTH

Up The Bracket
03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Everyone holdng out on purchasing a ST, get yourself down to ER ASAP and get more funds in to get this lad signed. I see more in him than Riordan, Fletcher, O'Connor, Stokes.

He will go on and play at the highest level and not getting any money for him at least would be awful get him a 5 year deal with some sort of ridiculous buy out clause £8 million or something.

:giruy:

hugo boss
03-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Theres only 1 man that is uniting our fans and its sparky yes we have claros mcpake and other but sparky is the man...when was the last time we had a player with so much ability so much heart and hunger to try his heart out for the team......LEGEND SPARKY GGTTH:hnet::flag:

Badabing
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Our best chance of keeping him is following the Stokes model. Pay the transfer fee, give him a golden hello and put him on the top of the wage scale. Buy a ST and do your bit. GGTTH.

Captain Trips
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Indeed.

Folks need to take a reality check and look at where Hibs stand in the broad scheme of things. There's no conceivable way that we can hope to retain Griffiths after the seasons end. Every goal he scores adds another £100k onto any possible transfer fee and we will simply be priced out.

If Wolves do decide to sell him then I'd expect a few EPL clubs to be on the market. Bang goes our chances!

I think we are real no harm at all in a thread hoping we can keep him we all know the situation we and other clubs find themselves in, I can clearly see LG is more than capable of earning more than we offer and play at higher level again asking he stays does no harm at all.

JMac
03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Need him signed, otherwise this whole "rebuilding" process we've done this season will be for nothing

bingo70
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
He was absolutely outstanding today and I'd love to get him signed up but it was getting right on my tits how the commentators kept going on about where we'd be without him, we would be playing with 10 men for a start and would all other teams have to take out there top scorers goals as well?

We obviously are too reliant on him for goals but we're not a one man team like they were suggesting.

Hibeesforever
03-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Leigh Griffiths you were simply outstanding today. Growing up if someone said that you could be offered a 5 year deal that would net you well over £2 million at aged 22 would you accept it ?
You have the dream opportunity of a Hibernian supporters lifetime; go on sign the contract to stay you know you want to.
You can lead the Scotland line as a Hibernian centre forward and be that Leith legend.

:flag:

Andy74
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
He was absolutely outstanding today and I'd love to get him signed up but it was getting right on my tits how the commentators kept going on about where we'd be without him, we would be playing with 10 men for a start and would all other teams have to take out there top scorers goals as well?

We obviously are too reliant on him for goals but we're not a one man team like they were suggesting.

Yep. It's OTT. Every team relies on certain players.

Teapot
03-03-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?17546-Loan-Watch-2012-13/page21 post 603 onwards. Wolves fans seem split. Couple of posts slagging off his attitude on the park, this season it has been exemplary! Works hard, keeps out of arguments with other players and doesn't talk back to refs too much.

The Falcon
03-03-2013, 08:08 PM

Same was said about GOC in the first bit of last season, and Stokes before him. Would love to get him signed up but its not suicide territory if we dont

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
One city. One team. One passion. One Spark(y)

Curiously enough at the tim me of that run in '86 there was a garage around Mayfield Road that have the weekly Yams score felt tipped on to it. On a bus stop was spray painted "from the fire a spark shall spring" and Sparky was born a mere 4 years later and just over 1 month after Mercers failed takeover- coincidence ? I think not ;)

This. Club. Will. Never. Die.

GoldenEagle
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
He's a 25 goal plus season striker in the spl.

It's only his love for Hibs that could even get us close to signing him up for next few seasons.

Incredible performance today.

Wotherspiniesta
03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?17546-Loan-Watch-2012-13/page21 post 603 onwards. Wolves fans seem split. Couple of posts slagging off his attitude on the park, this season it has been exemplary! Works hard, keeps out of arguments with other players and doesn't talk back to refs too much.

That Langers sounds like an absolute welt! " A character as odious as Griffiths".... Know him personally, do you?... WELT.

Wolves would be lucky to have him, unfortunately for them he doesn't want to play for such a piss poor, soon to be third division, English team :-)

Back to the matter, if we could sign Griffiths it would be an astounding effort from Petrie and co. We'd almost be gauranteed a £1m profit if we could sign him on a 2 year deal IMO.

His performance today was exceptional. His touch, workrate, pace, trickery and finishing were all on show and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but I honestly believe he's the best forward we've had in my 20 years watching Hibs. A special, special talent.

JimBHibees
03-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Yep think the commentator is a screaming Yam, his comment about without Sparky's goals we would be 3 points off Dundee, laughable. Must have mentioned last years final and Hibs SC record about a hundred times.

stantonhibby
03-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Yep think the commentator is a screaming Yam, his comment about without Sparky's goals we would be 3 points off Dundee, laughable. Must have mentioned last years final and Hibs SC record about a hundred times.

Indeed. Said to my mate before game started let's see how many times that whiney teuchter mention last years final. True to form mentioned it 3 times in the 1st 5 mins. Stopped counting after half time. Cock.

FranckSuzy
03-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Indeed. Said to my mate before game started let's see how many times that whiney teuchter mention last years final. True to form mentioned it 3 times in the 1st 5 mins. Stopped counting after half time. Cock.

That was doing my nut in too. WE KNOW! :grr:

crieffhibee
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Can we not sign him up on a pre-contract? if we can, sit him down and have a frank conversation and ask him to sign for a couple years and after a year when not if the offers start rolling in we can sell him on, surly he would love to help out his boyhood heroes

Allant1981
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Probably get shot down in flames here but i rate him more than when riordan and goc were at their peak. The guy is just class

HibeeN
03-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Probably get shot down in flames here but i rate him more than when riordan and goc were at their peak. The guy is just class

I was thinking similarly after watching the highlights - did Fletcher look that good at the time he left? (This takes a lot for me to say - I was Fletch's biggest fan :greengrin ) But in terms of techincal ability and the amount of goals he has scored this season, I think it's difficult to think of anybody in recent years who beats Griffiths for what he has done this season. Enjoying it while it lasts, not expecting him to stay any longer than the end of the season but wish he would - he's just a joy to watch.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2013, 09:44 PM

:agree: Ahead of both IMO. Probably the best forward I have seen at ER in my 20 odd years of watching.

coco22
03-03-2013, 09:49 PM

his attitude on the park is totally professional. He speaks to referees and accepts decisions and will hold his hands up to any mis-timed tackles. Apart from from doing the sparky a few times I think his on-field antics are superb. PF, himslef (and others) to be credited for this

LeighLoyal
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
He's done well on the park but much like GOC and Riordan he does have some off park baggage. Maybe they will have to come back in the summer. :greengrin

jacomo
03-03-2013, 10:02 PM
If he signs permanently for Hibs he'll almost certainly be taking a pay cut from his current contract. However the fact he's still only 22 might count in our favour - playing for Hibs is brilliant for him, he's improving every week as a football player, and another couple of years here would surely earn him a great move elsewhere.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Need him signed, otherwise this whole "rebuilding" process we've done this season will be for nothing

"The whole rebuilding process?" Have a word Shirley!

Sir David Gray
03-03-2013, 10:18 PM
I would love to think that we'll still be watching him in a Hibs shirt by the time the new season begins but finances will dictate that this simply won't be possible.

Sadly we are well down the food chain when it comes to the bigger picture and we simply cannot compete with many of the clubs in England who'll think nothing of offering him £10-15,000 a week. Even if we sold 15000 season tickets for next year, we wouldn't come close to being able to offer that sort of money.

I would be delighted to see him stay but I really can't see it, unfortunately.

Aldo
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
:agree: Ahead of both IMO. Probably the best forward I have seen at ER in my 20 odd years of watching.

This is SPOT ON.

LG is showing and has all the attributes to become a LEGEND. His work rate is unbelievable and he produces week in week out.

Hopefully he can see the fans love him. He's still only 22... Sign a 3 year deal Leigh

Capt Mainwaring
03-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Lets just shift as many seasons as possible. Make him the best offer we can and hope his love for Hibs can swing it for us.

Sparky has been sensational for us this season. A delight to watch

rainman
04-03-2013, 12:47 AM
One city. One team. One passion. One Spark(y)

Curiously enough at the tim me of that run in '86 there was a garage around Mayfield Road that have the weekly Yams score felt tipped on to it. On a bus stop was spray painted "from the fire a spark shall spring" and Sparky was born a mere 4 years later and just over 1 month after Mercers failed takeover- coincidence ? I think not ;)

This. Club. Will. Never. Die.

Felt tip pens? Russian sailors?

Allant1981
04-03-2013, 06:58 AM
I would love to think that we'll still be watching him in a Hibs shirt by the time the new season begins but finances will dictate that this simply won't be possible.

Sadly we are well down the food chain when it comes to the bigger picture and we simply cannot compete with many of the clubs in England who'll think nothing of offering him £10-15,000 a week. Even if we sold 15000 season tickets for next year, we wouldn't come close to being able to offer that sort of money.

I would be delighted to see him stay but I really can't see it, unfortunately.

sorry but cant see him getting offered anywhere near 10 - 15k per week. he has done nothing in england and couldnt get on the bench most weeks with wolves, now i think he is a cracking player dont get me wrong but unles he scores goals in a better league he wont get anywhere near that type of wage

Hibbyradge
04-03-2013, 07:18 AM
sorry but cant see him getting offered anywhere near 10 - 15k per week. he has done nothing in england and couldnt get on the bench most weeks with wolves, now i think he is a cracking player dont get me wrong but unles he scores goals in a better league he wont get anywhere near that type of wage

He'd probably get that sort of salary from the old firm never mind an English club.

I was told that Leeds were prepared to offer him in that region when we kept him in January.

Jones28
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM

One things for sure, they ****ing despise him!

spike220
04-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Maybe just maybe Fenlon is the difference between Sparky performing and not performing???

Phil MaGlass
04-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I still cant get round the fact we did´nt sign him when we could have, good chance of losing a quality player in the summer.One we will not be able to replace.

Saorsa
04-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I am aware of that but we have chicken and egg again, IMO the ones who are going just now are deserving of the signing.Nah people just need tae go and stop making excuses and go.

CraigHibee
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I am aware of that but we have chicken and egg again, IMO the ones who are going just now are deserving of the signing.

defo agreed bud, i'd love to see leigh signed up on a 2/3 year deal, he will only improve and he will get his chance at the big time again, would work out wel for both of us, leigh can mature more as a player and then we can get a fee for him once the time comes

DH1875
04-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Pity Wolves still have a year on his deal if they want it.

Do both parties not have to agree to that though? You've got to wonder what their smoking down there to have let him go back out on loan in January.