PDA

View Full Version : SC semi-final Draw - Hibs v Falkirk 13 April, 12:30 (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Gatecrasher
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Tomorrow afternoon SSN 1,30pm i think

Gatecrasher
03-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow afternoon SSN 1,30pm i think
Cheers :aok:

WestEndHibee
03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
here we go again! This year is definitely going to be the year!

Disclaimer: if not this year then definitely next year (or the one after)

hibeequinn
03-03-2013, 05:03 PM
am going with hibs v Celtic Dundee u v falkirk always our luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Falkirk please.

#FromTheCapital
03-03-2013, 05:05 PM
We have proved that we can beat anyone on our day so whoever it may be il be confident.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Dundee utd v Hibernian

Celtic v Falkirk

and that concludes the draw for....tomorrow

Glory Lurker
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
United please.

Hainan Hibs
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Think Cabbageandribs prediction will be on the money.

Don't fear UTD like I would have in previous seasons, would have full confidence in knocking them out and would love to do it after all the Rudi crap this season.

danhibees1875
03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll take anyone at ER. :agree:

But seriously, Falkirk would obiously be the best draw. :aok:

Pretty Boy
03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Will take anyone left in the draw.

We can beat any of them on our day and just as easily lose to any when it's not our day so we just need to take our chance.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
SC records

v Dundee utd, Hibs wins 4 Dundee utd wins 4

v falkirk, Hibs wins 7 Falkirk wins 0

v sellick, Hibs wins 3 sellick wins 13

Northernhibee
Only team there we've not defeated this year is Falkirk.

Anyone please. We have nobody in that draw we should fear.

Glory Lurker
It doesn't matter who we get, I fear the main thing is whether or not I am there. Managed to miss the 2001 and 2012 semis due to being in the wrong country at the time, but have been at almost all our semi defeats since 1986! Is it my fault, or does it mean that if I go (and I will be, I'm sorry to say!), and we win, that we're the guaranteed to win the cup?

BoltonHibee
03-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Celtic in the final would give us a European trip

davey 2 good
03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Two trips to hampden can't wait

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Bristolhibby
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
That will be three rounds on the bounce where we play the same team in the preceding league game.

Aberdeen - Hibs
Hibs - Aberdeen

Hibs - Kilmarnock
Kilmarnock - Hibs

Celtic - Hibs (last game before the split).
Hibs - ???????

Both the Killie and Dons games we get a draw followed by a victory.

J

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 05:23 PM
I'll take anyone at ER. :agree:

But seriously, Falkirk would obiously be the best draw. :aok:

It's at Hampden not ER. :)

down-the-slope
Get those dates in the diary.....:greengrin

LancashireHibby
My semi final ticket already paid for thanks to a Hibs & Dundee Utd double, that'll do for me!

LancashireHibby
03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Nice one, saves looking for it. Will be going in my works diary first thing in the morning.

SteveHFC
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Would take Celtic

Gatecrasher
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Will be booking the Monday off work can't wait :hibees:party:

Billie Jo
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Already txt ma boss, told.

essexhibee
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
I want Celtic. If we can beat them in the Semi we can beat any of the others in the final. :aok:

Malthibby
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM

Whoooooosshhhh.............:greengrin

Col2
03-03-2013, 05:54 PM
I would take Celtic as well. Would prefer Falkirk then United but Lennon's Celtic have a wee habit of screwing up games at Hampden.

Interestingly I we avoided them AND made the final against them it would be guaranteed Europe and they would have finished winning the league at least 6-8 weeks before then so could be going through motions and we all know its difficult to raise your game again. Big IF but either way bring it on!!!

danhibees1875
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM

Was just a poor joke. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Will take anyone left in the draw.

We can beat any of them on our day and just as easily lose to any when it's not our day so we just need to take our chance.

Exactly this. No point worrying who we play, we can beat all of them and they all can beat us.

hibsbollah
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I want Celtc in the final.

Gmack7
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM

i want falkirk

hibbybrian
03-03-2013, 06:21 PM

I want Hibs in the final :greengrin

Dalianwanda
03-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Anyone other than Celtic so the flights cheaper & more enjoyable :wink:

lyonhibs
03-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Priced out of a return for the semi, but will be hoping for a final ticket of course. Definitely deserve it as my total league games attended this season will peak at a mighty 5 after March 10th

:devil:

eastterrace
03-03-2013, 06:55 PM
gutted wont be at semi as on holiday in madeira at the time , still will watch it over there if its on the telly.:flag:

JimBHibees
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Celtc in final so a loss would ensure Europe.

Rambo1875
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Anyone, we are good enough to beat everyone left in the draw.

On a side note, anyone who knows of spare seats on any busses for semi final, or anyone organising a bus for it, give me a shout. :pfgwa

priorparkhibby
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Thought I'd check when the final is and I see its on the same day as the Edinburgh marathon, Sunday 26th May, which I've entered. Looks like I'm gonna miss the final as I've already started getting sponsorship. Anyone know why it's a Sunday this year?

If anyone would like to sponsor me they can on the following link, it's a very good cause https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2Qyw0

Badabing
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Sorry but I want our best chance of winning the flaming thing. That would be Falkirk in the semi and Utd in the final. End of (as some posters say).

plhibs
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
This is Hibs and the dreaded Scottish Cup, Dundee U. in the semi and some mumpty called Thompson the ref.:brickwall

Glory Lurker
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Thought I'd check when the final is and I see its on the same day as the Edinburgh marathon, Sunday 26th May, which I've entered. Looks like I'm gonna miss the final as I've already started getting sponsorship. Anyone know why it's a Sunday this year?

If anyone would like to sponsor me they can on the following link, it's a very good cause https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2Qyw0

That's a stinker. I was putting on hold entering the relay part of it (not a world class athlete like you must be!) to see how today went. No training for me now!

It's been moved because UEFA won't let any national finals be on the same day as the Champs League final, which is the night before. Presumably the yams will be in that, so it could be quite a weekend for Edinburgh!

Zazu62
03-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Falkirk in the semi final then Dundee united in the final

EdinMike
03-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Part of me wants Celtic, so we can beat them and then start dreaming...

But that also brings up the possibility that we blow it against Utd or Falkirk.

Which one would be harder to take ?!

HH81
03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Falkirk in the semi final then Dundee united in the final

Falkirk is defo the team we want.

Squealing pig
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM

It's a Sunday cause its my birthday, here's hoping. ggtth

Waxy
03-03-2013, 07:36 PM
We have nothing to fear now.
Last time we won it we beat Celtic in the final at PARKHEAD.(hows that fair)?anyway we'll beat Dundee utd 2-0 in the semi and
win the Scottish cup against Celtic with a 1-0 victory.

Glory Lurker
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
We have nothing to fear now.
Last time we won it we beat Celtic in the final at PARKHEAD.(hows that fair)?anyway we'll beat Dundee utd 2-0 in the semi and
win the Scottish cup against Celtic with a 1-0 victory.

Is this definitely right? Magic! Tell me that it's a last minute winner in the final, or will we have to have our nerves shredded defending a lead?:greengrin

Waxy
03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Is this definitely right? Magic! Tell me that it's a last minute winner in the final, or will we have to have our nerves shredded defending a lead?:greengrin
It's an early goal mate.sorry bout that but it's worth it in the end.

sadtom
03-03-2013, 08:08 PM
While there is certainly no guarantee it would be obvious to want to draw Falkirk in the semi.
However after thinking about it, IF (a massive IF, and to be honest i still dont think we will ever do it, but i live in hope) we were to beat either celtc/Utd in the semi and the other in the final.
Would we be the 1st club ever to win it by beating all top flight teams on the way to lifting the S******* C**?
I realise that in the days of an 18 team league it would be much more likely, but wondered if any stattos/historians know if has been done?
Just winning it whichever way would allow me to die happy. But after the gut wrenching disappointment of last year it would be some achievement to do it the hardest way possible and write history in the process (if indeed that is the case).

Since90+2
03-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Im in two minds about the draw tomorrow.

I think we would have a better chance of beating Celtic in the semi than the final but on the otherhand if we play Celtic in the final we are guaranteed Europe. Tough one :cb

FromTheCapital
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Really am not sure about who I want in the Semi...
Falkirk would be the perfect draw but that would still leave Utd or Celtic in the final...
I'd still stick with hoping for Falkirk as anything can happen.

It's the SPL, anyone can beat anyone and if we fight like we did today and generate an electric atmosphere then I don't see why we can't beat any of these 3 teams!

:flag: :jmcp:

truehibernian
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Anyone in the semi final, and fingers crossed, anyone in the final - first time in a long time we are unbeaten in a season to Celtic, and their Hampden record under Lennon is poor. We've beaten United for the first time in a while at ER and should have wrapped up the win last week against them. The only unknown quantity is Pressley's wee Bairns.

Literally no one to fear - we can beat them all on our day :agree:

We have had a very very tricky SC draw this year - put the bogey team out first thing, sent the so-called 'best squad outside Celtic' home with the tail between the legs, and now beaten a team Shiels branded the 'team of the year' - had myself a mini coronary today listening to Richard Gordon, who yet again, yet again, can't concede how good Hibs are this season - 'narrow win versus Hearts, narrow win versus Aberdeen.........last year's terrible defeat........' - the boy cannot help himself.

Here, Richard.......say this loud and clear next time on Sportsound you bitter fud - 'HIBERNIAN TROUNCED KILMARNOCK AND PLAYED SOME TERRIFIC FOOTBALL, EVERY PLAYER SHOWING A HUNGER AND DESIRE TO WIN THAT MOST TEAMS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IN THEIR SIDE' :agree::greengrin Pity Aberdeen don't have any this year :wink:

BroxburnHibee
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Really am not sure about who I want in the Semi...
Falkirk would be the perfect draw but that would still leave Utd or Celtic in the final...
I'd still stick with hoping for Falkirk as anything can happen.

It's the SPL, anyone can beat anyone and if we fight like we did today and generate an electric atmosphere then I don't see why we can't beat any of these 3 teams!

:flag: :jmcp:

The European thing doesn't come into it for me.

We've had 3 SPL teams so I'll take Falkirk in the semis thanks.

And IF we get through it will be United in the final :greengrin

leithsansiro
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I want Celtic. If we can beat them in the Semi we can beat any of the others in the final. :aok:

This. Get rid of the lesser greens early doors, make the final a better game

Stantons Angel
04-03-2013, 09:17 AM
The draw will be broadcast live on Sky Sports News at 1.30pm

Tune in and find out our next opponents!

DanHFC1875
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Would take celtic. Would rather play them now.

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Think we will get United but hope for Falkirk. Bonus of playing Celtc in final is guaranteed European football next year.

MacBean
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Last team that lost 5-1 in the SC final, won the cup on their next SC Final appearance.
Said team also played Aberdeen in the semi's before losing 5-1 in the final.
Said team then played Falkirk in the semi's of their cup Winning run.
Said team...

THEM.

Speedy
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
When do we find out which game is on the Sunday? Does it depend on the draw or do we need to wait for TV confirmation?

NYHibby
04-03-2013, 11:28 AM
When do we find out which game is on the Sunday? Does it depend on the draw or do we need to wait for TV confirmation?

Does Sky pick one game and the BBC ends up with the other? If so, we will need to wait for TV confirmation to know the date.

GlenrothesHibee
04-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Is the draw on Sky this afternoon?

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Does Sky pick one game and the BBC ends up with the other? If so, we will need to wait for TV confirmation to know the date.

Sky had both games last year would imagine the same this season.

hibsmad
04-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Hope we get Falkirk, but failing that Celtic. Dundee United would be the worst draw.

If we get Falkirk then we have the best chance of progressing. Also there would be a decent chance that Utd could upset Celtic in the other semi.

If we get Celtic then I feel that we would have more chance of beating them in the semi than in the final. This is because I feel the Celtic side would be less complacent in the final.

If we get Utd in the semi then it will be a tough match, and we would also be almost certain to have to play Celtic in the final.

I am not taking the "but if we get beat by Celtic in the final we will get into Europe" argument into consideration as quite frankly all I give a **** about is winning this bloody trophy!

McSwanky
04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Sky had both games last year would imagine the same this season.

Pretty sure Hibs Aberdeen was on the BBC....

marinello59
04-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Pretty sure Hibs Aberdeen was on the BBC....

BBC and Sky both covered it live.

Hibrandenburg
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Never confident in this competition. So for that reason I'll take whatever comes.

04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Don't know why but just have a massive feeling its gonna be Dundee Utd.

We have proved this season that we are capable of beating Celtic and Dundee Utd. Will be a tough one whoever we get as hibs are so unpredictable when playing at hampden!

Come on the hibeees :flag::flag::flag::flag:

Craig_in_Prague
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Hope we get Falkirk, but failing that Celtic. Dundee United would be the worst draw.

If we get Falkirk then we have the best chance of progressing. Also there would be a decent chance that Utd could upset Celtic in the other semi.

If we get Celtic then I feel that we would have more chance of beating them in the semi than in the final. This is because I feel the Celtic side would be less complacent in the final.

If we get Utd in the semi then it will be a tough match, and we would also be almost certain to have to play Celtic in the final.

I am not taking the "but if we get beat by Celtic in the final we will get into Europe" argument into consideration as quite frankly all I give a **** about is winning this bloody trophy!

Tend to agree with that.

The Sea-gull
04-03-2013, 12:00 PM
My feeling is we'll get Celtic or Utd. Not that it means anything but if you look at the last few semi final draws we have been in:-

2012 Scottish - Potentially Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic - got Aberdeen the weakest of the three
2007 Scottish - Potentially Celtic, Dunfermline and St Johnstone - got Dunfermline avoided Celtic
2007 League - Potentially Killie, Falkirk (then SPL) and St Johnstone (this in Div 1) - got Saints, the weakest team
2006 Scottish - Potentially Hearts, Gretna and Dundee - got Hearts, toughest draw
2005 Scottish - Potentially Celtic, Hearts, Dundee Utd (then bottom of SPL) - got Utd
2004 League - Potentially Rangers, Dundee and Livi - got Rangers, toughest draw
2002 League - Potentially Rangers, Celtic and Ayr - got Ayr, weakest team
2001 Scottish - Potentially Celtic, Dundee Utd and Livi - got Livi, weakest team
2000 Scottish - Potentially Rangers, Aberdeen (then bottom of SPL) and Ayr - got Aberdeen, avoided Rangers

Of those 9 draws, we have only got the toughest team twice. We have drawn the weakest team on 5 occasions and the second weakest twice. We're probably due a tough draw but really it all means nothing I suppose!

Just_Jimmy
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Who cares. Lets play whoever we get. We've mumped and moaned over the years over this team and that. We've fallen short everytime so if it is meant to be then it is meant to be.

Just play the game.

allez allez oh.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
As no-one will want us in the draw, I don't care who we get.

Pete
04-03-2013, 12:38 PM
This is murder!

Why does it take them over 24 hours to eat some kinder surprise, write on four bits of paper and stick them inside the plastic bit.

It should have been done 10 minutes after our game ended.

edinburghhibee
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm gutted that I can't make this game don't think I've ever missed a semi or final in my life until this one... Please please please anyone who can go needs to go support the boys and get us to the final!!!!

Ill try watching it in Thailand but have my doubts to whether ill get it on their telly :(

Phil MaGlass
04-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Will take sellik now and Falkirk in the final.

Sudds_1
04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Never confident in this competition. So for that reason I'll take whatever comes.why? not as if we have a bad record in it or anything?

OsloHibs
04-03-2013, 12:49 PM
..anyone else think all this waiting is blo*dy :grr: torture... How long to go now??

VickMackie
04-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I thought the draw was at 12?

I'd rather get to the final. Even if its Celtic in the final we'd likely lose. The extra income might help us keep Leigh.

Sudds_1
04-03-2013, 12:52 PM
why? not as if we have a bad record in it or anything?*edit smillie*

lucky
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I want the smellies in the semi and not bothered who we beat in the final

MacBean
04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
What happens in the incredibly unlikely event that the smellies reach the SC final and CL final :devil:

offshorehibby
04-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Is it not first 2 out the hat play Saturday second 2 Sunday

Bristolhibby
04-03-2013, 01:17 PM
This is murder!

Why does it take them over 24 hours to eat some kinder surprise, write on four bits of paper and stick them inside the plastic bit.

It should have been done 10 minutes after our game ended.

This.

It never fails to amaze me how swept up the English are.

Final whistle, then boom, the draw is made.

Will have to see when we are on the telly before booking flights.

A Saturday game would be brilliant as I wont have to take time off work, can make a bit of a day of it (as nobody will be at work the next day) and flights are better for me.

J

EskbankHibby
04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
This.

It never fails to amaze me how swept up the English are.

Final whistle, then boom, the draw is made.

Will have to see when we are on the telly before booking flights.

A Saturday game would be brilliant as I wont have to take time off work, can make a bit of a day of it (as nobody will be at work the next day) and flights are better for me.

J

You watching the draw Jamie?

manx hibee
04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I'll be there no matter who
GGTTH

harpo
04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
draw on sky sports news at 1:30pm

Deek01
04-03-2013, 01:22 PM
is there anywhere showing the draw online ?

Gatecrasher
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21654626

GlenrothesHibee
04-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Sitting on my tod in a pub full of families having lunch waiting on the draw. Might have to watch the language!

EdinMike
04-03-2013, 01:25 PM
It's on Sky Sports News right ?

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Hibs player David Wotherspoon proves it's not just the fans who are excited: "#scottishcup draw @ 1:30 this afternoon!! Cant wait!!"

lapsedhibee
04-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Will take sellik now and Falkirk in the final.

Only thing that worries me about getting Falkirk, either in the semi or final, is if Thomas Showumni's still playing for them he would come back and haunt us.

Green Man
04-03-2013, 01:28 PM
This is odd, I've actually got butterflies waiting here.

HibbyKeith
04-03-2013, 01:28 PM
frantically refeshing this page. working in a empty flat to with no tv or radio...torture!

jonty
04-03-2013, 01:30 PM
frantically refeshing this page. working in a empty flat to with no tv or radio...torture!

http://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php :greengrin

Wilson
04-03-2013, 01:30 PM

You sound like the worlds crappest burglar.

Judas Iscariot
04-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Falkirk please

1two
After last year I promised myself never to get myself hyped up about Hibs and this cup

That promise didn't last long

trev the hat
Adverts on sky, draw next.

Hank Schrader
04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Falkirk please

Very good :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
please let it be Dundee utd, Falkirk or Celtic.

BarneyK
04-03-2013, 01:33 PM
please let it be Dundee utd, Falkirk or Celtic.

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
Here we gi

Speedy
Falkirk please

You should be banned for this :grr:

jonty
Fired up the xbox to watch it online - and it wants to do an update !!! PETRIE!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
We are going to be the first name out and we are going to get Falkirk.:agree:

silverhibee
Hibs 1

celtc 2

bairns 3

arabs 4

Beefster
Yeeha!

trev the hat
Hibs v falkirk

Pretty Boy
Falkir

Jim44
Hibs v Falkirk

harpo
hibs v falkirk

SMAXXA
Yassssssss

Falkirk get in

SteveHFC
04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Absoutley pleasing draw

EdinMike
AHHHH First out the hat !

FALKIRK !!!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ OHH !!! :flag::flag:

ronaldo7
Yeeeeesssssssssssssss

Judas Iscariot
Very good :greengrin

You should be banned for this :grr:

Whaaaaat :greengrin

:wink:

MacBean
Hibs v Falkirk
Celtic v Dundee Utd v

Gatecrasher
good draw :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
excellent :agree::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

harpo
draw on sky sports news at 1:30pm

Pretty Boy
04-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Now no traditional **** up.

Absolute professionalism needed.

Golden Bear
Falkirk it is.

:flag:

Diclonius
Hibs v Falkirk
Celtic v Dundee Utd v

Celtic v Dundee United v who??

Craig_in_Prague
wooo-hoooooooooooo!

and hearts got?

jonty
Hibs v Falkirk (Sat ?)

Utd v Celtic. (Sun ?)

Could have been worse :cb

iwasthere1972
Get in there. Best chance of getting to the final.

#FromTheCapital
Best draw we could hope for :thumbsup:

:pfgwa:flag:

LeighLoyal
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like the Bairns even more today! :thumbsup:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
Ya Dancer ! :thumbsup:

pontius pilate
Ya beauty can this really be the year

Oscar T Grouch
04-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Nice draw, need utd to beat the smellies in the other semi, utd r ****** in SC finals so it'll be easy after that :wink:

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

HiBremian
Celtic v Dundee United v who??

The Big team, of course :greengrin

OsloHibs
H.A.P.P.Y with that :not worth

lucky
Chuffed but still a hard game

Mikey
I've just popped :greengrin

crieffhibee
Bring it on, played them 8 times in the cup and never lost! :flag::flag:

EdinMike
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Ya beauty can this really be the year

I'm confident about the Semi-Final

Not so sure about the Final. But anything can happen ! Even miracles...

Hainan Hibs
Where's that Daffy Duck gif?

:banana::nanafunk::nanasplit::nanasplit::nanafunk: :banana::nanafunk::nanasplit:

Mr White
Lets get another quality display for the team as they come out the tunnel and cheer them into the final! Shouldn't underestimate falkirk but they're there to be beaten and we've got to take this chance to make up for last May.

SteveHFC
04-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Where's that Daffy Duck gif?

:banana::nanafunk::nanasplit::nanasplit::nanafunk: :banana::nanafunk::nanasplit:

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/f1jj0w.gif here :greengrin

Speedy
DELIGHTED! :thumbsup:

Thecat23
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5q9htO3Qo1rpoka3o1_400.gif

Heisenberg
Happy with the draw. Never lost to them in the cup...everyone knows what could happen next! No doubt Paddy will have the players up for it and in the most professional mindset possible so I'm confident of going through.

Onion
04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
excellent :agree::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

This !

GordonHFC
04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Was born in Falkirk. Just don't know what to do now :pfgwa

Swedish hibee
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Dont get me wrong, Pressley will make sure Falkirk are up for it, and they will be BUT this is a good draw for Hibs.
:pfgwa

joe breezy
Is it still the case we'd get Europa League if we play Celtic in the final?

hibsmad
Without getting too excited.

THIS IS OUR ****ING YEAR!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:j mcp:

:partyhibb

pritchie
yesssss! its in our hands now :flag:

erskine-hibby
Got to be happy with that, though I think it will be a hard game:agree:

SteveHFC
04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
@STVCaroline: So Hibs v Falkirk and Dundee United v Celtic. #Hibs fans - repeat of 1902 on the cards...?! #scottishcup

Spike Mandela
04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Good draw but work still to be done . Remember Falkirk probably wanted us in the draw. (Hibs the cup specialists:greengrin)

Time For Heroes
04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like the Bairns even more today! :thumbsup:

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Jambo! ;o)

EdinMike
04-03-2013, 01:43 PM
@STVCaroline: So Hibs v Falkirk and Dundee United v Celtic. #Hibs fans - repeat of 1902 on the cards...?! #scottishcup

Well no, it won't be played at Parkhead for a start !

Women and Football sheesh !! :rolleyes:

Jamesie
Will a Hibs v Falkirk semi definitely be at Hampden? Apologies if this has been confirmed already.

S4uzee
Don't get too carried away! Its probably the draw Falkirk wanted aswell although we have a good chance of reaching the final!

Spike Mandela
04-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Hopefully be a Saturday 3pm game as well:flag:

Hainan Hibs
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/f1jj0w.gif here :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Delighted with that draw, of course we can't take anything for granted but I am sure Paddy will have the feet of each player firmly planted on the ground and if we play like we can we will win.

hibsmad
BBC update thingy asking if Tynecastle would be a better venue for our semi?

How many fans do people think we could take to Hampden for this match?

SMAXXA
Will a Hibs v Falkirk semi definitely be at Hampden? Apologies if this has been confirmed already.

yeah

joe breezy
04-03-2013, 01:45 PM

18 000 Hibs so Tynecastle is out of the question

Part/Time Supporter

There was 15K last year for Aberdeen when Hibs were playing single fish. Falkirk will take 5K easy. No chance of it getting moved from Hampden.

frazeHFC
^
^
^
^
Jambo! ;o)

:hilarious

Good draw, looking forward to it!

Jamesie
04-03-2013, 01:46 PM

Closest analogy in terms of playing a First Division side in a Scottish Cup semi final would probably be Hibs v Livingston in the 2001 semi, where the attendance was 24,658. Falkirk have a fan base larger than that of Livingston I am sure.

Pete
It's about time we got a decent draw!

JimBHibees
Bottom line is we are the draw they probably wanted and they are the draw we wanted so both teams and fans should be pleased. Hopefully a decent semi final support from both teams and an excellent game. Interesting angle with Pressley as their manager. Personally havent seen them play so no idea how strong they are however they always have decent young players and think they outplayed Celtc in the League cup semi last year however their league form suggest they maybe arent as strong as they were. Dangerous opponents but one we should relish.

EH6 Hibby

I'm trying to find that out too, a guy in my work seems to think Hampden isn't available and that it will be a neutral venue.

crieffhibee
If the team plays like the did yesterday then we will win! :flag::flag::flag:

ozzie
I asked the question yesterday and was told communities cup semi can be played anywhere, Scottish cup semi's have to be played at hampden

jonty
04-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Can Pat make it two out of two for Scottish Cup Final appearances? :thumbsup:

The Sea-gull
This is the draw we wanted. Doesn't mean we will win the game but it is not disrespectful to suggest that you want the weakest team in the draw at all times.

Falkirk will be happy with the draw too. They'll know the pressure we are under to win and will feel that if they snuff out Griffiths they stop a massive goal threat from Hibs. If they had got Dundee United they would be thinking they have more goal threats in Russell, MacKay-Steven and Daly.

The semi will be tough. If we get to the final, no matter who it is against it will be tough. You got to be in it to win it though and we have a chance again!

Newry Hibs
So any thoughts on when date and time is confirmed? Need to look at boats and planes. Presumably both will be on TV. Last year we were the 'least attractive' tie and on at 12:15 on the Saturday.

Jamesie
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
In 2007 when we played Dunfermline (then bottom of the SPL) in the Scottish Cup semi the attendance was 25,336.

Even taking into account the recession I doubt there is a ground outwith Glasgow (other than Easter Road :wink:) that could hold this tie.

007 Mickey Weir
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
No I think Scottish Cup semis are played at Hampden. Also it will a lunchtime kick off. One on Sat and one on Sun. Joys of live TV!!

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Hopefully be a Saturday 3pm game as well:flag:

More likely a Saturday 12.15 start like the Dons semi last year

MB62
hopefully no problem getting tickets either :thumbsup:

#FromTheCapital

Its only ever league cup semis that are played at neutral venues I believe. We would more than fill tynecastle ourselves without falkirk fans i reckon so thats out of the question

Billy Whizz
There was 15K last year for Aberdeen when Hibs were playing single fish. Falkirk will take 5K easy. No chance of it getting moved from Hampden.

Falkirk will take around 10,000, so looking at around 25,000.
Hopefully 35,000 or so at the other, so a good pay day for all 4 sides

killie-hibby

21902:flag:

Hibee87
When will we find out what the dates of the games will be? if we get the sunday slot ill be wanting to get my holidays in sharpish

NYHibby
I'm trying to find that out too, a guy in my work seems to think Hampden isn't available and that it will be a neutral venue.

He may have been thinking of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19834277

Hampden's website has both semis listed:
http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/events/forthcoming-events.html

hibs4thecup1988
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
99.9% this will be the Saturday at 12.15pm same as last year.

Definitely Hampden...(surely?!)

cleanyman
Rangers are at home on the Saturday.

Our game will most likely be that day with Celtic on the Sunday.

S4uzee
Just remembered Darren Dods plays for them, the thought of wee Leigh up against him .............................

essexhibee
04-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Good draw IMO.

Best chance of us getting to the final and UTD could beat Celtic. If the celts had Falkirk they would have easily beaten them.

Purehibee_MYB
04-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Great opportunity to get to back to back finals but mustn't assume we're through! Focus will be the most important thing against Falkirk :pfgwa

Pete
04-03-2013, 01:52 PM
If anyone sees Lyle Taylor out and about feel free to stand on his toe by accident!

;-)

hailhail22
04-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Official site says hampden

GordonHFC
04-03-2013, 01:56 PM
When does Hampden close for upgrading for the 2014 Commonwealth games ?

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Falkirk will take around 10,000, so looking at around 25,000.
Hopefully 35,000 or so at the other, so a good pay day for all 4 sides

I think we might surprise a few people here and take much more than we did last year, i don't think there will be much difference in both games?

Jamesie
04-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Presumably Fenlon now stands on the brink of being the first Hibs manager to lead the club to two Scottish Cup Final appearances (excluding replays)?

Part/Time Supporter
04-03-2013, 01:59 PM
When does Hampden close for upgrading for the 2014 Commonwealth games ?

November

GlenrothesHibee
04-03-2013, 02:00 PM
We will take massive support through. Cmon Hibs!

Pretty Boy
It has to be Hampden.

I'd be disappointed if we take less than 15k. If you can go then there is no excuse for not doing so.

Part/Time Supporter
Presumably Fenlon now stands on the brink of being the first Hibs manager to lead the club to two Scottish Cup Final appearances (excluding replays)?

Turnbull was manager in 72 and 79.

Bristolhibby
Rangers are at home on the Saturday.

Our game will most likely be that day with Celtic on the Sunday.

A very good point. I am now convinced we will be the Saturday game.

J

KdyHby
04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Fab, with James and Echo & Bunnymen playing SECC Sat night

Sudds_1
04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
He may have been thinking of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19834277Hampden's website has both semis listed:http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/events/forthcoming-events.htmlYeah....I raised on another thread that thought Hampden was out this year for the final. But this seems to confirm all is ok for James McPake to lift the trophy high in May at Hampden park!

Speedway
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Not enjoying this 'It's Falkirk, so we're in the final' vibe on here at all.

They've got a yam in charge, I remember the JC/Saint Tony combo team playing a hapless pars in the '07 semi and we're...well...Hibs.

We've got to expect Falkirk to come out firing on all cylinders for this one. They have absolutely nothing to lose.

Diclonius
04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Just remembered Darren Dods plays for them, the thought of wee Leigh up against him .............................

Did Dods bail on us when we got relegated or did we punt him?

givescotlandfreedom
04-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Did Dods bail on us when we got relegated or did we punt him?

The former IIRC.

Heisenberg
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM

They've got a yam in charge, I remember the JC/Saint Tony combo team playing a hapless pars in the '07 semi and we're...well...Hibs.

We've got to expect Falkirk to come out firing on all cylinders for this one. They have absolutely nothing to lose.

Definitely this. Falkirk arent a bad side and we'll have to turn up and play well to make it through, no chance should any Hibs fan take this as a gimme or an easy game.

Diclonius
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
The latter IIRC.

He moved to St Johnstone though who were in the SPL so I would have thought that would be a bit odd.

MB62
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM

Fair comment Speedway, but I think the joy is more about, out of the three teams, this is the one we wanted, I'm sure Dundee Utd would be the same.
The game will take care of itself when the time comes and we will have to be totally focussed, but right now, let's just be happy we avoided Celtc or Dundee Utd as Falkirk without doubt gives us our best chance of getting back there.

hibbybrian
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM

19th April 1924 Hibs became the first team to field the same 11 players in consecutive Scottish Cup Finals - managed by Alex Maley :wink:

Sprouleflyer
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Correct! This will be their final and will be so up for it. You just need to look back at other recent semi's, Celtic v Ross County, Abereen v Queens and our own semi nightmares against bottom SPL clubs Dun utd and Dunfermline, not to mention Ayr in the League cup!

It's a great draw, the one i was hoping for but it will be as hard a game as any we have had for this cup run.

monktonharp
04-03-2013, 02:38 PM

We've got to expect Falkirk to come out firing on all cylinders for this one. They have absolutely nothing to lose.I'm not getting the same vibes, as no one has said we are in the final, just because we got Kalkirk, did they? only speculating before the draw was made, i think. however, for me the big question has to be, can we take a large support because if you look at yesterday's travelling fans, I am convinced that the backing the team got had a major effect on the performance. we had more fans than the home club, so I would hope that our supporters get through to help drive us into the final. I dont think it's unreasonable to expect 18/20000. Falkirk will defo take 6/7000 at least as it's a big day for them. they will put up a fight,without doubt and I expect it to be close,possibly extra time too.

NOLA
04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Best draw for both clubs, let's keep focused on the job at hand and beat falkirk before thinking of the final.

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Definitely this. Falkirk arent a bad side and we'll have to turn up and play well to make it through, no chance should any Hibs fan take this as a gimme or an easy game.

Pretty sure Falkirk outplayed Celtc in the League cup semi last year being very unluckily beaten.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Love the fact the Yams are saying we're 'jammy barstewards' because we got Falkirk..

Considering we beat you lot, Aberdeen and Killie on the way to drawing Falkirk I think we're far from lucky.

**** off you smelly Hearts tramps :faf:

SteveHFC
04-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Hearts fans utter seething on Kickback. :faf:

Frankfurt and Hampden in the space of 10 days for me. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Utmost professionalism needed.

The attitude of the fans on messageboards won't have any influence of the game. The mindset of the players will.

It's up to Pat to have them focussed and fully prepared. I'm sure he will do that and if he does and the players have the heads screwed on then we should win.

SteveHFC
04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Joleon (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/user/5966-joleon/)

Posted Today, 14:55
Hibs won't win the Scottish cup this year. It shouldn't even be up for debate. The fact they're getting a couple of days out at Hampden at our expense pisses me off though,

From Kickback :faf:

Get it right up you :thumbsup:

adhibs
04-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Utmost professionalism needed.

The attitude of the fans on messageboards won't have any influence of the game. The mindset of the players will.

It's up to Pat to have them focussed and fully prepared. I'm sure he will do that and if he does and the players have the heads screwed on then we should win.

I'd hope attitude wont be a problem. Considering a few of our most important players were involved at Hampden last year I'd expect them to be going into this as determind as if we'd drawn Celtic.

EdinMike
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
If Hibs win the SC then McGlynn is to blame. Of that there is no question.

:faf: I never go on Keekback but I might start now, really cheers you up reading the minds of children.

R'Albin
04-03-2013, 03:20 PM
When will we find out which date our game is?

Saorsa
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
From Kickback :faf:

Get it right up you :thumbsup::hilarious

I'd have thought they'd have other things tae worry about, ****in' manky inbred tramps

steviehibsleith
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Another semi with a good chance for a May Cup final within our grasp again.
Cup runs are not really taken into account financially so this is good news on all fronts - believe last years run put an extra £500k into Hibs.
If im being honest this Hibs team is stronger than last year with more depth . Also with such a big game to look forward to hopefully players will push hard to try to get into the team for the Semi and push for a top 6 place at the same time. :flag:

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 03:25 PM
When will we find out which date our game is?

Probably tomorrow when they sort the tv out however the fact Rangers are playing at home on the Saturday will mean that the Celtc game will definitely be the Sunday.

R'Albin
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Probably tomorrow when they sort the tv out however the fact Rangers are playing at home on the Saturday will mean that the Celtc game will definitely be the Sunday.

Cheers. That's annoying, gonna be getting home from holiday on the day of the Semi - should manage it though :thumbsup:

J-C
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm gonna have to watch the semi at home as I'm going in to hospital for hip surgery next tuesday, be out of action for bout 6-8 weeks :confused:

Might also be touch and go for the final if we get there :confused:

EdinMike
04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
And now "Celtic will pump them in the final anyway"

Have Celtic beaten us this season !? :confused: I think I'm growing more positive from there negativity.

DH1875
04-03-2013, 03:55 PM

I reckon we will take about 18k and Falkirk will have about 10k so has to be Hampden.

EdinMike
04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
And now "Celtic will pump them in the final anyway"

Have Celtic beaten us this season !? :confused: I think I'm growing more positive from there negativity.

Hibiza
04-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Lets worry about tickets when/if the time comes.

1. Falkirk no mugs
2. Falkirk semi underdogs
3. Give the players a ( just turn up) attitude. we beat
4. been here many times before
5. :flag::flag::flag:

Hal Jordan
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
I reckon we will take about 18k and Falkirk will have about 10k so has to be Hampden.

Falkirk could easily take a hell of a lot more than that. I was with my Falkirk supporting mates at the two semis against Celtic in 97, Falkirk filled the Broomloan stand at Greyskull - 7500; and in the final v Killie they had the stadium split down the middle - 20,000 easily that day.

silverhibee
04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Lets worry about tickets when/if the time comes.

1. Falkirk no mugs
2. Falkirk semi underdogs
3. Give the players a ( just turn up) attitude. we beat
4. been here many times before
5. :flag::flag::flag:

6. Be confident, we will win. :aok:

Franck Stanton
04-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Confident --- Yes

Over confident----Hope not

Beefster
04-03-2013, 05:35 PM
My Granny and Auntie Ethel have hectic social calendars. I need to tell them if they're going to get their cup final tickets about 2 months in advance.

jacomo
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Spot on. Guaranteed that Falkirk will be well up for it and Hibs have fallen at such hurdles before. 100% focus required.

andy1875
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Falkirk ST holder in my work told me the day he reckons there will be around 5,000 of them at the semi. I was amazed by this as i would have expected closer to 7-8,000?

He will know better than me I guess but did seem a tad low.

Time will tell I guess!

Jpdhfc
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I know we are not there yet but just found out Scottish cup final is a Sunday this year that's great for the fans. NOT😡

marinello59
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I know we are not there yet but just found out Scottish cup final is a Sunday this year that's great for the fans. NOT

That's it. If we get through the semi final then I ain't going, far too much hassle. :agree:

Squealing pig
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Will we get extra tickets because of the team we r playin can't see falkirk selling half the stadium.

Squealing pig
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Boycott?? Lol

S.sct
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Delete this thread now........

Paisley Hibby
04-03-2013, 06:31 PM

Given our home form, Falkirk should ask to play it at ER :wink:

Cfhibs
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Any news on what day the semi will be on. Sol

chrisski33
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Love the fact the Yams are saying we're 'jammy barstewards' because we got Falkirk..

Considering we beat you lot, Aberdeen and Killie on the way to drawing Falkirk I think we're far from lucky.

**** off you smelly Hearts tramps :faf:
Let them think that! I dont think falkirk will be a push over and they could be our banana skin!

04-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Best shot at getting to the final but Falkirk are no mugs and hibs have been known to slip up against smaller opponents in the past so I hope this not a similar bannana skin! We mustn't get over cocky and complacent because that will set us up for a massive fall. Lets go in with a positive attitude and get right behind the boys at hampden and hopefully we can do the business!

Come on the famous hibeeeees :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2013, 07:11 PM
On paper obviously the best draw we could have had. But Falkirk are almost a byeword ( at least in my head ) for a club who never fail to be up for it when it comes to games like this. Not only that but they always seem to manage to play well too.

Hibs are capable of getting stuck in and playing well like we did on Sunday, but we are also capable of being rank, as we were against St Johnstone a few weeks ago.

This will be a game we will have to be totally up for and I for one will start worrying about / looking forward to cup finals when we can make it there.

One things for sure ..... if ever a club anywhere in the World can ill afford to be complacent against anyone its Hibs.

GGTTH

3pm
04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Hard game. Would have been regardless.

erin go bragh
04-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Best shot at getting to the final but Falkirk are no mugs and hibs have been known to slip up against smaller opponents in the past so I hope this not a similar bannana skin! We mustn't get over cocky and complacent because that will set us up for a massive fall. Lets go in with a positive attitude and get right behind the boys at hampden and hopefully we can do the business!

Come on the famous hibeeeees :flag:
This :agree: leave all the cocky /complacent stuff to them over on broke back .

ggtth

darrenmcintosh2
04-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Final on a Sunday means the open top bus parade (should we win ) will be on a Monday :s

Diclonius
04-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Any news on what day the semi will be on. Sol

Yeah, anyone know when Sky will tell us?

Or are they waiting to see what basement EPL games they can shaft us with first? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I take that back. Newcastle v Sunderland is on at 12:45 on Saturday. :greengrin With that in mind, I'd expect us to be late afternoon.

monktonharp
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah, anyone know when Sky will tell us?

Or are they waiting to see what basement EPL games they can shaft us with first? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I take that back. Newcastle v Sunderland is on at 12:45 on Saturday. :greengrin With that in mind, I'd expect us to be late afternoon. well, that is good news, if it's sky that have our game:confused:

Diclonius
04-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Steven Pressley:

"I’m delighted with the draw. I think it will be a really exciting match for both sets of fans. Like us, Hibs are a good footballing side."

"However, the pressure will all be on Hibs because it looks as if we will be tagged as underdogs again. I really don’t mind that tag- we’ve been there before when we knocked Rangers and Dundee United out of the Communities Cup – so we know what’s it’s all about."

"I’m especially pleased for our fans because they will have a great day out at Hampden as they did at the Celtic game last season."

ibrahimotitch
04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm not getting the same vibes, as no one has said we are in the final, just because we got Kalkirk, did they? only speculating before the draw was made, i think. however, for me the big question has to be, can we take a large support because if you look at yesterday's travelling fans, I am convinced that the backing the team got had a major effect on the performance. we had more fans than the home club, so I would hope that our supporters get through to help drive us into the final. I dont think it's unreasonable to expect 18/20000 (tel:18/20000). Falkirk will defo take 6/7000 at least as it's a big day for them. they will put up a fight,without doubt and I expect it to be close,possibly extra time too.

I'm pretty sure it will go to a replay, might be wrong though. :confused:

Col2
04-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Just catching up....

Surprised nobody has mentioned what I have been harping on about at work today...

Yes we can't be complacent but it IS the draw we wanted and on paper represents best chance of getting to final.

Now lets just suggest, not assume or take for granted even, that we make the final.....

.......if its United then we are 50:50 to win and end the 100+ years of pain. They are a good side but with Russell out for season now, that is a massive blow.

.....if its Celtic. Then we are guaranteed Europe without kicking a ball. And the best bit.....its not as much pressure going into it AND they will have wrapped up league 8 weeks before and very very likely going through the motions each week. We all know how difficult it is for a team to raise game, physically and mentally when they have switched off for a while. Could be tasty.

What a 24 hours!!