PDA

View Full Version : Softest Pen of All Time

hibsbollah
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Ever.

Gatecrasher
03-03-2013, 03:33 PM
In the last few weeks we have 2 pens given against us that were never even close to being penalties. Tv evidence is a must. Both decisions could cost us big time.

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Shiels better come out and have go at his own player in public for that dive. Or he is the biggest hypocrite going.

CallumLaidlaw
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Soft? It wasn't even a pen

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
It was one of the softest penalties you will ever see. Lets see what that brainless maniac Shiels will say about it. Anyways thank God that stupid decision didn't rob us.

SkintHibby
03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Disgraceful.

Speedy
03-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Agreed very very soft but LS put his hand on him which gave them a chance to give the pen.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2013, 04:01 PM
for the linesman

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/9/3/1251997881934/Topman-spectacles-006.jpg

Hainan Hibs
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Disgrace:agree: The officials in this country are useless, where the hell did the linesman see the penalty in that?

essexhibee
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Mind boggling decision.

Ach well cheaters never prosper anaw'...the Hibs go marching on!! :hibees

down-the-slope
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
To be fair thought the ref was one of these i've seen this season and was in right place for several crucial desicions...and was not one of those over fussy blowing for the merest touches types - linesman made call (wrongly) for pen as he was inline

Franck Stanton
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
That was NEVE EVER a penalty - the cheating killie **** went down as though he had been shot by a sniper from the stands. NEVER a penalty, doesn't matter that in the long run it didn't cost us, the officials in Scotland must be the worst in world football. All I ask is for them to do an honest efficent job. NEVER a penalty.

The red card for the Killie player wasn't even a foul, jeez, the officials we have in this country are crap.

Heisenberg
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Wonder if Shiels will come out and ridicule his player for diving after the way he spoke about Cairney when he hadnt actually dived in the game at ER earlier in the season?

Twa Cairpets
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
That was NEVE EVER a penalty - the cheating killie **** went down as though he had been shot by a sniper from the stands. NEVER a penalty, doesn't matter that in the long run it didn't cost us, the officials in Scotland must be the worst in world football. All I ask is for them to do an honest efficent job. NEVER a penalty.

The red card for the Killie player wasn't even a foul, jeez, the officials we have in this country are crap.

Nonsense. Clearly tugged Leighs shirt, stopping him getting the ball ahead of Bell.

Excellent initial advantage by the ref, then pulling it back when Bell got the ball to send him off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. Textbook perfect refereeing.

I though the ref was excellent today actually - with the pen he went with his linesman, other than that cant think of a major error.

PS - I've been to three English Championship games in the last fortnight. Referee in each of them had the home fans baying for blood in each game. Referees can and do make bad decisions, but I still absolutely hold that they are no worse here than anywhere else.

Biggie
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Disgrace:agree: The officials in this country are useless, where the hell did the linesman see the penalty in that?

exactly HH, unbelievable decision....but now hibs won, and it means nothing, bet nothing gets done..

HoboHarry
03-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Nonsense. Clearly tugged Leighs shirt, stopping him getting the ball ahead of Bell.

Excellent initial advantage by the ref, then pulling it back when Bell got the ball to send him off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. Textbook perfect refereeing.

I though the ref was excellent today actually - with the pen he went with his linesman, other than that cant think of a major error.

PS - I've been to three English Championship games in the last fortnight. Referee in each of them had the home fans baying for blood in each game. Referees can and do make bad decisions, but I still absolutely hold that they are no worse here than anywhere else.
I have said the same thing hundreds of times. Football fans in every country think theirs are the worst in the world.

DaveF

What? It was a clear tug of the jersey, stopping Griffiths from getting to the ball.

I thought the referee had a very good game. It was never a penalty but the ref had to go with his linesman decision. No matter how stupid it was.

vanNISHtelroy
Said to some of your lot who I met on way through Springhill, it didn't look anything like a penalty from where I was sitting!

vanNISHtelroy
03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
What? It was a clear tug of the jersey, stopping Griffiths from getting to the ball.

I thought the referee had a very good game. It was never a penalty but the ref had to go with his linesman decision. No matter how stupid it was.

Agree with both of these.....Ross took one for the team with the tug on Griffiths.

MM19
03-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I watched the linesman at the replay of the penalty and it looked like he was pointing for a corner

Franck Stanton
03-03-2013, 04:24 PM

Really ? Yes there was a tug [small] on Sparkys jersey, but it didn't interfere with the run, didn't slow him down any, if a Hibs player did exactly the same to a Killie forward and the same result happened, I would be livid. Never a red card offence in a month of Sundays, was a really soft award of a free kick. Even Sparky was wondering what was being awarded at the time. As for their penalty, yes the ref went with the linesman, no complaint from me about that, my point is that the linesman was abysmal on that occassion.

DaveF
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Agree with both of these.....Ross took one for the team with the tug on Griffiths.

He did indeed and it was refreshing to see him walk off without the usual hysterics. The lad did his job and took his punishment.

If only Dave Beaumont did that :rolleyes:

Sergio sledge
03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Really ? Yes there was a tug [small] on Sparkys jersey, but it didn't interfere with the run, didn't slow him down any, if a Hibs player did exactly the same to a Killie forward and the same result happened, I would be livid. Never a red card offence in a month of Sundays, was a really soft award of a free kick. Even Sparky was wondering what was being awarded at the time. As for their penalty, yes the ref went with the linesman, no complaint from me about that, my point is that the linesman was abysmal on that occassion.

There was a reply angle which clearly shows the pull did slow Griffiths down momentarily, enough to ensure the keeper got to the ball first.

brydekirk
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
for the linesman

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/9/3/1251997881934/Topman-spectacles-006.jpg
His offsides were pure as well.

eastterrace
03-03-2013, 04:56 PM

yes it was a foul leigh was through and he tugged his jersey so he stopped him ,thats why he never complained.

Imand
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
somehow don't think we'll sere a full page rant at players diving for penalties this time for some reason, same as he never mentioned Dayton's dive when he was having a pop at Carney.

Blinked t*****r

HFC 0-7
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Foul and a sending off, killie player didn't moan about it, he knew what he had done.

Twa Cairpets
03-03-2013, 06:26 PM

You'd be wrong to be livid.
Complain about refs when they make a mistake by all means, but not when they get something bob-on.

Aldo
03-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Sissoko is also a lucky laddie after pulling back Leigh. Ref was about to award a pen... And that would of been a red. Goal saved him.

JimBHibees
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Simple the linesman should never ever be involved in a professional game again, a quite extraordinary decision which could easily have robbed us of a semi. That is 2 absolute shockers in the last couple of weeks.

hibby al
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
no sure about done goal if he hadnt scored would have been a penalty
and surely a sending off for bell although he did get booked for bringing
down leigh anyway, thought at the time should still be a red but on reflection
he didnae deny a scoring opportunity cause we scored :wink:

Corstorphine Hibby
03-03-2013, 07:14 PM
no sure about done goal if he hadnt scored would have been a penalty
and surely a sending off for bell although he did get booked for bringing
down leigh anyway, thought at the time should still be a red but on reflection
he didnae deny a scoring opportunity cause we scored :wink:

The ref played advantage ( he had both his arms pointing forward ) when Bell fouled Griffiths just before Done scored, so it was another good call from him.

Eyrie
03-03-2013, 07:25 PM
The penalty was a very poor decision - I'm still not convinced there was any contact.

Peevemor
03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
For me, all jersey pulling should be penalised regardless of it's effect. It's foul play and you have to make a conscious effort to do it. Stamp it out altogether and there'll be one less grey area.

wookie70
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Thought the ref was very good. Lino made the error for their pen but all the other big decisions I thought the ref got spot on.

erin go bragh
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Shiels better come out and have go at his own player in public for that dive. Or he is the biggest hypocrite going.
Shiels never mentioned the dive but did say "Ive been at all of Hibs games in the cup and their name is on it .
Sometimes you just need to accept that !

:cbwe will see .

ggtth

Alfred E Newman
03-03-2013, 09:08 PM

Visit to Specsavers for Mr Eric I think. The linesman wrongly called the penalty but I thought the ref was excellent today.

givescotlandfreedom
03-03-2013, 09:12 PM
The lineman in question is even despised by his own colleagues for scabbing in the ref strike. What are the chances a replay and the extra pay day might have interested them?

#FromTheCapital
03-03-2013, 09:14 PM
It's all good I am 5-1

LaMotta
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Shiels never mentioned the dive but did say "Ive been at all of Hibs games in the cup and their name is on it .
Sometimes you just need to accept that !

:cbwe will see .

ggtth

Just seen that - he's basically implying that we are lucky as ****

Jonnyboy
03-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Just seen that - he's basically implying that we are lucky as ****

Apparently we did things the Scottish way! LG/PF/KS talking to Luke Shanley

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_8538847,00.html

maturehibby
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Made - Goodwins penalty on Done look like attempted murder - though if McGivern had booted the ball away when he had the chance the ball would not have been back in the penalty area for this idiot to call .
Not metioned either in the first half when he called Griffiths up for offside in the Killie penalty area TV showed he was clearly on .
This tosser needs the watching

Saorsa
04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Disgrace:agree: The officials in this country are useless, where the hell did the linesman see the penalty in that?No even that good.

Has Sheils given his 'honest' opinion on that yet? Like he did when he accused Cairney of diving when it was a stonewaller

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Did the linesman actually give it though as watched a rerun this morning and he is clearly pointing for a corner not a pen?

Just_Jimmy
04-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Worst of all. Lewis got booked which means if he is booked in the next round and we progress he will miss the final. That is an injustice.

Treadstone
04-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Hibs class is the way Nutsy takes all these penalty decisions on the chin. Easy to take yesterdays after all we won but took the United one last week in the same manner.
Pure Class.

Sudds_1
04-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Shiels better come out and have go at his own player in public for that dive. Or he is the biggest hypocrite going.My view as well. He's made a big deal over Deegans alleged dive and how he should be put out of football for it.So Kenny.................. walk the walk then?

Billy Whizz
04-03-2013, 09:24 AM
My view as well. He's made a big deal over Deegans alleged dive and how he should be put out of football for it.So Kenny.................. walk the walk then?

I presume you mean Cairney, not Deegan

DH1875
04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Totally feared the worst when they gave it. Never a penalty in a month of Sunday's. Bet your bottom dollar we wouldn't be all this nice'y nice'y if we'd lost the game.

Twa Cairpets
04-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Did the linesman actually give it though as watched a rerun this morning and he is clearly pointing for a corner not a pen?

Yes
For one, the ball went up the pitch, not behind the goal, so if he was sgnalling a corner he made a monumental pigs arse of it
For two, that signal is the one for a penalty

Future17
04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I though the referee was excellent yesterday. Best I have seen in Scotland in a long time. Got 99% of decisions right and played advantage law better than I have seen since it's "formal" introduction.

The Kilmarnock penalty incident was a blatant dive. I actually don't think Stevenson's hand/arm had anything to do with it. The Killie player and Lewis' legs come together naturally as they both react to the loose ball and, had the player gone down at that moment, a very soft penalty would haven been debatable. However, the Killie player recovers by firmly planting both feet on the ground and then he dives. Simple as that.

Sudds_1
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I presume you mean Cairney, not Deeganoops yep. finger trouble today................

Broken Gnome
04-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Is everyone working on the assumption he'd have given the penalty if Griffiths hadn't scored the third? Far from sure he was going to.

hibbysam
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Is everyone working on the assumption he'd have given the penalty if Griffiths hadn't scored the third? Far from sure he was going to.

Leigh said in his interview that the second goal the ref told him penalty and red card if he didn't play on, fair play, but Leigh was also very honest in saying it was strength and not a foul for the third, maybe saying this because he scored and it didn't matter mind you..

Treadstone
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Seemed to give himself thinking time while letting the advantage run. F*** me a ref applying the laws and not managing the game. Well done:aok:

Future17
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Leigh said in his interview that the second goal the ref told him penalty and red card if he didn't play on, fair play, but Leigh was also very honest in saying it was strength and not a foul for the third, maybe saying this because he scored and it didn't matter mind you..

Maybe, because it was a blatant foul. Sissoko waited til Griffiths was off-balance and pushed him with his hand/arm. Nowhere near shoulder to shoulder which is where the "strength" argument can be used.

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Yes
For one, the ball went up the pitch, not behind the goal, so if he was sgnalling a corner he made a monumental pigs arse of it
For two, that signal is the one for a penalty

Really it looked like he was pointing to the corner box. I thought the penalty sign was a flag across the chest.

Aldo
04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Done scoring and Griffiths getting his 2nd prevented the ref from sending off Bell and Sissoko IMHO.

Played advantage well. Think the only point if contention being the penalty. Have seen it 4 or 5 times and every time it looks less and less a penalty.

Heffernan take a look.... That's cheating in my books.

JimBHibees
04-03-2013, 03:20 PM

I dont think he was as it would surely have been hands out as if playing advantage. His hands were at his side.

Franck Stanton
04-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Visit to Specsavers for Mr Eric I think. The linesman wrongly called the penalty but I thought the ref was excellent today.

Ha ha, Malcolm, I think you are right mate, whilst watching the game I just didn't see the extent of the jersey pull, however.....having watched it again on Sportscene, I stand corrected, the jersey pull was quite strong and have to credit the ref on a good spot [unlike me, blind barsteward that I obviously am] , :wink:

P.S. I know it is in the rules about last man and denying a goalscoring opportunity and all that, but still think the red card was a bit harsh.