PDA

View Full Version : The Sun - Hibs and Scottish Defence League

GoldenEagle
03-03-2013, 07:55 AM
I see the Sun are running a story about the SDL having links with the 'notorious Hibs thugs CCS' now I might well be out of the game these days but I'm sure that they've got their Hibs and hearts mixed up here!

Saturdays Hero
03-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I see the Sun are running a story about the SDL having links with the 'notorious Hibs thugs CCS' now it might well be out of the game these days but I'm sure that they've got their Hibs and hearts mixed up here!

:hahaha::hahaha: THE SUN

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2013, 08:17 AM
"Played up their links." Sounds a bit tenuous and to be fair the article I skimmed was 99% not about Hibs.

The tenuous link I can think of is the Old CCS. At the WC in France 98 as was reported at the time a group tried to get into France via Spain on a bus to allegedly cause a bit of bother but were stopped. On that bus included 2 guys from the same school. One CCS another from IFC who was/is part of security for the BNP (again all been reported in the press).

offshorehibby
03-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I believe there is a link between some current CCS members and the SDL. I've seen a link somewhere showing showing CCS members on the SDL Facebook page. This was round about the time of the last couple of attempted marches by the SDL so is in the recent past.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2013, 08:44 AM
CCS? Thought that was a thing of the past.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2013, 08:46 AM
CCS? Thought that was a thing of the past.

Doing reunion tours with BuckFizz, Limahl, Flock of Seagulls and that Burd from T'pau

hibby rae
03-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Did the SDL not have only about 20 bigots at their last demo in Edinburgh? I assumed they would all be huns.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Doing reunion tours with BuckFizz, Limahl, Flock of Seagulls and that Burd from T'pau

Ah I see, now it makes sense.

The_Todd
03-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I just thought the EDL bussed its own members up and renamed themselves SDL when on one of their bigotfest jollies.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2013, 08:57 AM
I just thought the EDL bussed its own members up and renamed themselves SDL when on one of their bigotfest jollies.

Nah we don't bother, we let our Scottish brothers have their own day. :wink: