PDA

View Full Version : Linithgow Rose Vs Bo'ness tomorrow 2/3/13 NHC

linlithgowhibbie
01-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Bring out the riot vans, 1st instalment of two matches vs the BUs tomorrow at 2pm, anyone with nothing to do its worth a visit to Linlithgow 2moro:aok:

Iggy Pope
01-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Bring out the riot vans, 1st instalment of two matches vs the BUs tomorrow at 2pm, anyone with nothing to do its worth a visit to Linlithgow 2moro:aok:

Not up on my Juniour football at all, but do they still play in bloodied turd coloured jerseys?

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Not up on my Juniour football at all, but do they still play in bloodied turd coloured jerseys?well, wi any pics I've seen in the EEN they still persist in using that colour, so, on that basis I would need tae say, c'mon Boroughness, gie them it tict! despite the fact that one of my favourite cousins wiz actually manager of the maroon tits fae lithgae at one time, and had a boozer there! ps. Lithgae Hibbie, did I get the name of the opposing toun right, or missed a wee bit?

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 11:03 PM
wait a minute, must be borrowstoun . were they guilty of asking you lithgsae boys fur a lend?:wink: perfectly acceptable, as long as they paid back, naw?:wink:

marjoriebanks
01-03-2013, 11:04 PM
well, wi any pics I've seen in the EEN they still persist in using that colour, so, on that basis I would need tae say, c'mon Boroughness, gie them it tict! despite the fact that one of my favourite cousins wiz actually manager of the maroon tits fae lithgae at one time, and had a boozer there! ps. Lithgae Hibbie, did I get the name of the opposing toun right, or missed a wee bit?

Whilst the Rose playi n strips associated with our rivals across town they are different, they started off in black and white hoops and in a moment of financial difficulties ( spooky connections) and the Tommy Walker connection they were gifted Hearts strips and ended up playing in maroon but in my opinion embraced Hibernian values that is attacking free flowing football. There first Jubior Cup was won with a certain Colin Grant whose first senior cup was the Hibernian FC. Hail The Gallant

Iggy Pope
01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Whilst the Rose playi n strips associated with our rivals across town they are different, they started off in black and white hoops and in a moment of financial difficulties ( spooky connections) and the Tommy Walker connection they were gifted Hearts strips and ended up playing in maroon but in my opinion embraced Hibernian values that is attacking free flowing football. There first Jubior Cup was won with a certain Colin Grant whose first senior cup was the Hibernian FC. Hail The Gallant

So. They play in Hertz strips. Thought that.

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
borrowstouness, sounds a wee bit like that erstwhile no longer existing rangers manager:rolleyes:

marjoriebanks
01-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Misssing the point here they may play in maroon but they are the good guys, Bo'ness play in BLUE they have a support that are more akin to the south side of Glasgow they drink fortified wine and they have an affiltiation with a chap on a white horse, which I struggle to link with a football team.

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Whilst the Rose playi n strips associated with our rivals across town they are different, they started off in black and white hoops and in a moment of financial difficulties ( spooky connections) and the Tommy Walker connection they were gifted Hearts strips and ended up playing in maroon but in my opinion embraced Hibernian values that is attacking free flowing football. There first Jubior Cup was won with a certain Colin Grant whose first senior cup was the Hibernian FC. Hail The Gallantawrite Margj, I'll go wi' the flow. jist canny see me cheerin' a team wearing that maroon colour , that's all.why dont they revert back to black/white stripes. a bit like the spiders of queens park. and mair like "retro" or "shabby chic" . :greengrin

Rodsterino
01-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Misssing the point here they may play in maroon but they are the good guys, Bo'ness play in BLUE they have a support that are more akin to the south side of Glasgow they drink fortified wine and they have an affiltiation with a chap on a white horse, which I struggle to link with a football team.

One night I avoid Taxiing in this area is the night of the LITHGAE marches....but they're just as bad in Bo'ness. :wink:

marjoriebanks
01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I will own to tongue in cheek comments, the colour of the strip whilst being important is not only the consideration in supporting a football team. Hibs have been associated with playing the game with a panache and playing on a level playing field ( the slope was an attractive tourist attraction for folk from Airdrie). The Rose have a similar reputaion for the above in teh Junior sphere and should not be tainted with the Hearts association on teh basis of colour. Diveristy - embrace all colours and recognise what is the worth of teams from Linlithggow. whilst at the same time................suspend this value in regard to any football teams palying at Newton Park.

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Misssing the point here they may play in maroon but they are the good guys, Bo'ness play in BLUE they have a support that are more akin to the south side of Glasgow they drink fortified wine and they have an affiltiation with a chap on a white horse, which I struggle to link with a football team.point taken. there were a guid few bo'ness gadges that got jobs in oor pit, when Kinneil shut doon. 95% of thhem were Huns, so that will do me.c'mon the Lithgae Rose.:greengrin

DarrenSQH
02-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Mon the BU's

Get intae they hearts bassas

monktonharp
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Mon the BU's

Get intae they hearts bassasok ya hun lovin' dog :greengrin

Fred Perry
02-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Signed for boness when i left hutchie vale 21's, changing rooms
and tunnel were painted red white and blue, left after 2 months!
Cant remember why!!

Lucius Apuleius
02-03-2013, 06:05 AM
well, wi any pics I've seen in the EEN they still persist in using that colour, so, on that basis I would need tae say, c'mon Boroughness, gie them it tict! despite the fact that one of my favourite cousins wiz actually manager of the maroon tits fae lithgae at one time, and had a boozer there! ps. Lithgae Hibbie, did I get the name of the opposing toun right, or missed a wee bit?

Missed a fair bit mate. :wink:

Stonewall
02-03-2013, 06:36 AM
I predict Lithgae will win, there will be more sending offs than goals and there will be trouble in the town after unless the police frog-march the Nessers straight back
home.

Gutted I can't go to the game but well worth a wee trip out if you like your football in the raw.

DarrenSQH
02-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Signed for boness when i left hutchie vale 21's, changing rooms
and tunnel were painted red white and blue, left after 2 months!
Cant remember why!!

Imagine the walls being painted the club colours.....

SMAXXA
02-03-2013, 08:22 AM
I wonder if Bo'ness can eclipse the job Tranent done last week and go one further and beat them :-)

Bishop Hibee
02-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Is this regarded as the derby for Bo'ness? An old work mate supports Armadale and used to go on about "dirty Bo'ness"! Claimed it was a bigger game for the 'dale than Bathgate or Whitburn. Thoughts?

Squealing pig
02-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Aye it's a derby only up the hill 2 miles to lithgy

Mon Bo'ness good result today, hopefully first defeat of the season for Linlithgow

linlithgowhibbie
02-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Just mention that the "Bo'ness Fair day is a Gala day" and they start frothing at the mouth,,,, its a great wee song tho' !!!!!:agree::na na::aok:,

Just heading to the Rose club for a beer or two in 10 mins.

Squealing pig
02-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Gala day is for puffters no to mention the marches pmsl village idiots day out.

Billy
02-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Bought my house in the Bridge and then woke up one morning and found out that the Marches and Gala starts at the end of my drive! Wasn't told about this when I was buying the house and when Linlithgow won the Cup, I opened my curtains to a double decker bus with a massive maroon & white flag dangling from the side of it.....curtains were drawn again :greengrin

Squealing pig
02-03-2013, 03:35 PM

linlithgowhibbie
02-03-2013, 04:52 PM

Well the puffters won 3-2 but what a great game, 2-0 for the Rose, pegged back to 2-2 then a glorious goal from 6 inches out sealed it for the Rosey Posey. Big well behaved crowd, probs about 1500, bring on the cup tie:aok:

Squealing pig
02-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Well the puffters won 3-2 but what a great game, 2-0 for the Rose, pegged back to 2-2 then a glorious goal from 6 inches out sealed it for the Rosey Posey. Big well behaved crowd, probs about 1500, bring on the cup tie:aok:

You's got lucky see you's in the cup lol.