PDA

View Full Version : Doherty playing for Wolves

IndieHibby
01-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Starts for Wolves v Watford on SS now.

Lets see how he gets on..... :cb

Diclonius
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Wonder if he'll "give a ****" if he performs badly in this one?

Billychaotic182
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Let it go guys your like a bunch off teenage lassies who hold a grudge over being dumped

IndieHibby
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Let it go guys your like a bunch off teenage lassies who hold a grudge over being dumped

Touched a nerve?!

I am only interested in seeing how he gets on against Championship competition - so I can draw a comparision with the SPL...

NOLA
01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
watford are flying at the minute, helps when they have half the udinese squad on loan :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2013, 08:09 PM
He`s a pish player, not worth watching turn over and get Eastenders on

Scottie
01-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Let it go ?

Must be easy for you.

We all experienced our worst day EVER supporting our beloved Hibs last may and he was one of the main reasons that i'll never forget that day The way he chose to conduct himself was so disrespectful to all genuine Hibs fans.

As the saying goes BREAK A LEG SON.:grr:

clerriehibs
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Ffs.

Get over it.

We werr robbed by a cheating ref.

The players had a laugh afterwards? So what? So did many of us on our bus, and we certainly weren't crying into our beer in the evening.

Face gurning on and on about it just feeds the gorgie trolls.

Hiber-nation
01-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Berra not getting a start? And before anybody says who cares about the yam bassa/he's pish etc I'm only curious from a Scotland perspective as we've hardly any other options in central defence.

Hiber-nation
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Let it go ?

Must be easy for you.

We all experienced our worst day EVER supporting our beloved Hibs last may and he was one of the main reasons that i'll never forget that day The way he chose to conduct himself was so disrespectful to all genuine Hibs fans.

As the saying goes BREAK A LEG SON.:grr:

Behave. He had more good games than bad for us then proved he's a daft immature laddie. Hardly worthy of leg breaking :rolleyes:

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Let it go ?

Must be easy for you.

As the saying goes BREAK A LEG SON.:grr:. You go get him son
i

Scottie
01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Behave. He had more good games than bad for us then proved he's a daft immature laddie. Hardly worthy of leg breaking :rolleyes:

Happy clapper mate :na na:

Hiber-nation
01-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Happy clapper mate :na na:

Whatever :confused:

Boyle89
01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
One of the better loanees. His performance in Inverness was excellent and helped us stay up. Wasn't the only below par player in the final. Just didn't handle himself well "off the field".

judas
01-03-2013, 09:33 PM

Would a bunch of lassies want to see him break both legs?

If so, then that's me.

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
You would like to see someone have both legs broken? Admin your out of order deleting my post. Not one sweaty word . Censorship ott

DaveF
01-03-2013, 10:05 PM
You would like to see someone have both legs broken? Admin your out of order deleting my post. Not one sweaty word . Censorship ott

We only deleted the sweaty words :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
01-03-2013, 10:06 PM
We only deleted the sweaty words :greengrin

Perspiration?

:dunno:

:greengrin

ronaldo7
01-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Anybody know what the score was, and can give an opinion on how Doherty played tonight:dunno:

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Perspiration?

:greengrin ha , fat fingers . Seriously admins I called him a circus act with his face painted and its censored ? When did we move to China

DaveF
01-03-2013, 10:21 PM
ha , fat fingers . Seriously admins I called him a circus act with his face painted and its censored ? When did we move to China

Its not censorship. Its just trying to keep threads on the right track as silly name calling usually sees the thread go downhill rapidly.

All we ask is that everyone is fairly civil to each other.

Sweaty or not :greengrin

MSK
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
You would like to see someone have both legs broken? Admin your out of order deleting my post. Not one sweaty word . Censorship ottPoint me to my post where I said I would like to see someone have both legs broken !!! ..we have forum rules to which you agreed before you started posting..but obviously forgot ..& before long the handbags are oot ...!!! ....cannae be doin wi a messy night ..

greenlex
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
So............................anyone know how he did then?:dunno:

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Ok fair enough , sweating aside, to wish broken legs on anyone is bad. Canny do smileys but ( get it right up Ye ) smiley.

MSK
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Ok fair enough , sweating aside, to wish broken legs on anyone is bad. Canny do smileys but ( get it right up Ye ) smiley.In fairness..he only said break one leg ....oh ..& you are looking for this smiley ...:giruy:

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
In fairness..he only said break one leg ....oh ..& you are looking for this smiley ...:giruy:

Lol that's the one

mikey987654321
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Berra not getting a start? And before anybody says who cares about the yam bassa/he's pish etc I'm only curious from a Scotland perspective as we've hardly any other options in central defence.

Not signing a new contract and has informed them he wants to leave. Supposedly wont play for them again

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Anybody know what the score was, and can give an opinion on how Doherty played tonight:dunno:doherty gave his usual 95% , as he does in most games unless it's a final against your bitter enemies. what more can you ask for?

Nomeancity
01-03-2013, 11:04 PM

We felt bad after the final. Listening to Doherty on the tv made me feel worse. Don't like him

monktonharp
01-03-2013, 11:27 PM
We felt bad after the final. Listening to Doherty on the tv made me feel worse. Don't like himdont know about his comments, but he was totally lost at Hampden. he had a good half dozen performances for us in the league and it made me think that we would do well, or at least stand up for the cause but his was one of the poorest performances on the day! could not beleive what I was seeing, at times!!I will always refer to the penalty, that never was and to send off a player at that stage as being a major influence but some of the defenders were a bloody disgrace to football, never mind HFC that day, and Doherty was one!

Bostonhibby
01-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Perspiration?

:greengrin

Its a conspiracy, everyone is perspiring against him

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;3520664]Its a conspiracy, everyone is perspiring against him[/QUOTE Cheeky bassa

Billychaotic182
02-03-2013, 12:08 AM
The final was a bad day for everyone. Just coz I don't want a young lad to break is leg doesn't make me any less of a Hibee. But come on saying a laddie should break his legs and starting a thread just to rip him? Cumon son were better than this. Threads like this makes this place look like kickback and makes us look petty and bitter.

hibs4thecup1988
02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I hate the guy for saying what he said on twitter the day after the cup final. Anyone on here that says ah well move on obviously didn't hurt too much that day.

As for tonight he played ok in my book. Nothing spectacular but then he never was

Billychaotic182
02-03-2013, 01:25 AM
I hate the guy for saying what he said on twitter the day after the cup final. Anyone on here that says ah well move on obviously didn't hurt too much that day.

As for tonight he played ok in my book. Nothing spectacular but then he never was

Get a grip mate! How can you say that cup final didn't hurt as much as you because I don't want to give some young guy abuse on here and would like to move on. Why the hell would I want to be reminded of that day? To say that is stupid mate. I spend a fortune on tickets and travel to the cup final. My best mate is a Jambo and took great pleasure in ripping me for months on end and it hurt. But come on man. Iain Murray was laughing in a video after the game but I don't see you slating him! What about the other 10 players that played that day? Matt was an ok player for us up till that point. Sure what he said ok twitter was twatish and made my blood boil but to say that he should get his both legs broken is bad from us and for every time he is on tv we start a new thread slating him. Why do we feel the need to remind ourselves of that day?

Pete
02-03-2013, 01:59 AM

It's all very well hurting on the day but to still be hurting is unnecessary. If anything, you should hurt less as time goes by when you start to realise that we were never going to win that game.

I'm getting sick of hearing sob-stories about how devastated some people still are. Some are acting like they lost a family member. This 5-1 stuff is never going to go away as it was a significant scoreline in a significant game so we have to live with it. It's relentless and there's no escaping it because we live in the age of social media and the internet resulting in it being rammed down our throats at every opportunity. We still go on about 0-7 decades later and it would have been a nightmare for them if the technology was around back then.
All this results in people who can hide behind usernames and spout anonymous hatred without any comeback. People can create characters and I reckon these are reasons why some might think the rivalry is getting more bitter and intense, when it isn't really.

One thing to remember about significant results is that the losers don't feel the same intensity of feeling as the winners do. It's the greatest result in the world for them and they have fallen into the trap of thinking it will have an equal, negative effect on us. They were telling us we were dead and would never recover as we were making plans for the new season, knocking them out the cup, rising above them in the league and partying on their patch. Odd behavior for a humiliated, dead club and group of supporters!

All this 5-1 stuff should be taken in good humour (which is the way it is intended most of the time) or batted back, depending on the circumstances.
There's certainly no need to still be hurting...even though they will be trying to tell us that we should be for a good while yet.

hibs4thecup1988
02-03-2013, 02:09 AM
It's all very well hurting on the day but to still be hurting is unnecessary. If anything, you should hurt less as time goes by when you start to realise that we were never going to win that game.

I'm getting sick of hearing sob-stories about how devastated some people still are. Some are acting like they lost a family member. This 5-1 stuff is never going to go away as it was a significant scoreline in a significant game so we have to live with it. It's relentless and there's no escaping it because we live in the age of social media and the internet resulting in it being rammed down our throats at every opportunity. We still go on about 0-7 decades later and it would have been a nightmare for them if the technology was around back then.
All this results in people who can hide behind usernames and spout anonymous hatred without any comeback. People can create characters and I reckon these are reasons why some might think the rivalry is getting more bitter and intense, when it isn't really.

One thing to remember about significant results is that the losers don't feel the same intensity of feeling as the winners do. It's the greatest result in the world for them and they have fallen into the trap of thinking it will have an equal, negative effect on us. They were telling us we were dead and would never recover as we were making plans for the new season, knocking them out the cup, rising above them in the league and partying on their patch. Odd behavior for a humiliated, dead club and group of supporters!

All this 5-1 stuff should be taken in good humour (which is the way it is intended most of the time) or batted back, depending on the circumstances.
There's certainly no need to still be hurting...even though they will be trying to tell us that we should be for a good while yet.

I have quoted the latest post and I apologise for that...

I have never said he should get a broken leg Billy. Just saying that I do not like the guy whatsoever. And btw that extends to the likes of Garry O'Connor. Someone seems to think that cause the fans were having a drink afterwards the players should have been celebrating and that was OK?

Never mind. It is 9 months on. I do not still feel hurt by the way Peter. No way Jose!

It feels good that their fans only have 5-1 to go on about now. And that is the end of their sorry little club really.

Pete
02-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Get a grip mate! How can you say that cup final didn't hurt as much as you because I don't want to give some young guy abuse on here and would like to move on. Why the hell would I want to be reminded of that day? To say that is stupid mate. I spend a fortune on tickets and travel to the cup final. My best mate is a Jambo and took great pleasure in ripping me for months on end and it hurt. But come on man. Iain Murray was laughing in a video after the game but I don't see you slating him! What about the other 10 players that played that day? Matt was an ok player for us up till that point. Sure what he said ok twitter was twatish and made my blood boil but to say that he should get his both legs broken is bad from us and for every time he is on tv we start a new thread slating him. Why do we feel the need to remind ourselves of that day?

Why not? Did you do anything wrong or anything to be ashamed of? I didn't. I can easily watch that match because I know who was to blame.

As for player reactions...we're all forgetting to an extent that people react in different ways to difficult situations. For a professional involved on that day, such as Garry O'Connor or Matt Doherty, would it have really sunk in so soon?

brydekirk
02-03-2013, 02:21 AM
This thread is mince, move on, please.

Pete
02-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Never mind. It is 9 months on. I do not still feel hurt by the way Peter. No way Jose!

It feels good that their fans only have 5-1 to go on about now. And that is the end of their sorry little club really.

I hope that's the case mate, looking back at that match just makes me hungrier to get back to hampden and win! Too much self-pity in some cases in my opinion.

As for them, it might or might not be the end but 5-1 seems to be getting a lot more airings on forums than it normally would. You would think there was something wrong elsewhere at the club!

Saying that, They seem to be using Irishness as a casual derogatory term over on kickback so maybe they are just giving it the last hurrah and showing their true colours....just like their big brothers!

Lucius Apuleius
02-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Achievements should be celebrated. It was a fantastic achievement to reach the final last year. They don't come around very often and deserve celebrating. Worst day ever as a Hibby? I don't think so.

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2013, 06:42 AM

People are entitled to express their opinions about a player if they so choose, it's you who has to get over that.

Mine, for what its worth, is that he's got big ears and is nowhere near as cool as Liam or Niall from One Direction.

mikewynne
02-03-2013, 06:57 AM
We felt bad after the final. Listening to Doherty on the tv made me feel worse. Don't like him

I couldn't agree more!

danhibees1875
02-03-2013, 09:32 AM
This thread is mince, move on, please.

Should it be tested for horsemeat then? :greengrin

Billychaotic182
02-03-2013, 10:33 AM
People are entitled to express their opinions about a player if they so choose, it's you who has to get over that.

Mine, for what its worth, is that he's got big ears and is nowhere near as cool as Liam or Niall from One Direction.

:thumbsup:

Gala Foxes
02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
He should be pretty fresh & fit for Wolves given he didn't break sweat when he was at Easter Road

IndieHibby
02-03-2013, 10:45 AM
I suppose I should have realised this would turn into a conversation about his comments, rather than his ability.

So here is a vain attempt to get back on track...

I thought he played well (for the most part) for us and helped us stay up. I would have thought that coming from a Championship/EPL team he would have shown the SPL up for what (some people) say it is - a pub league.

As it happens, he put in a decent-ish performance against a team who are 'flying' in the 4th richest league in the world.

I think sometimes we talk the standard of our own football down.

Pretty Boy
02-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Decent player, bit of a bell end.

Probably best forgotten really, like a few players in that team.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Decent player, would have him back no problem he's the calibre of player we need.