PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Posters

Sergey
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I follow a lot of lower league football and one of the grounds I've been to on a number of occasions is Lewes FC who ply their trade in the Ryman Premier League.

It's a quaint little town with a lot of local independent shops and most of them display posters for the forthcoming home fixtures. Have a swatch at these:

http://www.lewesfc.com/match-day-posters/

Some are creatively brilliant, IMHO.

Hovehibby
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I follow a lot of lower league football and one of the grounds I've been to on a number of occasions is Lewes FC who ply their trade in the Ryman Premier League.

It's a quaint little town with a lot of local independent shops and most of them display posters for the forthcoming home fixtures. Have a swatch at these:

Love the Met Police poster. Been to the AMEX a few times, but not managed the Dripping Pan yet. Lewes is a cracking wee town though.

Noticed that another local team, Whitehawk, are top of the league as well.

MSK
01-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Some are creatively brilliant, IMHO.Good stuff ...:agree:

Scott Allan Key
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks for posting this Sergey, I have cousins from Lewes and it's a beautiful wee place. Will keep an eye out for the posters next time I'm down there and might attempt to get along to see the Rooks. Something still magical and spirited about small clubs, the corporate w*** that we have to put up at Hibs, e.g. the sacking of the DJ for what was humour and creativity speaks volumes about how out of touch from the fans we have become. I can understand why you go to lower league games.

greenlex
01-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for posting this Sergey, I have cousins from Lewes and it's a beautiful wee place. Will keep an eye out for the posters next time I'm down there and might attempt to get along to see the Rooks. Something still magical and spirited about small clubs, the corporate w*** that we have to put up at Hibs, e.g. the sacking of the DJ for what was humour and creativity speaks volumes about how out of touch from the fans we have become. I can understand why you go to lower league games.
Agree with most of that but our DJ wasn't sacked for being creative and humorous. He was sacked because he specifically chose to ignore an instruction and actually do the opposite.

Sergey
01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Love the Met Police poster. Been to the AMEX a few times, but not managed the Dripping Pan yet. Lewes is a cracking wee town though.

Noticed that another local team, Whitehawk, are top of the league as well.

I'm taking in the Whitehawk match tomorrow away to Lowestoft in what could be a league decider. Lowestoft are currently 17 points behind Whitehawk but have 6 matches in hand. 3 points for Lowestoft blows the league right open.

Re DJ speak - on my last visit to The Dripping Pan, I was met with the dulcet tones of Mark E Smith and The Fall blaring out. Never before in the history of association football have I heard The Fall played over the tannoy. Quality!

Eat Yourself Fitter!

Iggy Pope
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm taking in the Whitehawk match tomorrow away to Lowestoft in what could be a league decider. Lowestoft are currently 17 points behind Whitehawk but have 6 matches in hand. 3 points for Lowestoft blows the league right open.

Re DJ speak - on my last visit to The Dripping Pan, I was met with the dulcet tones of Mark E Smith and The Fall blaring out. Never before in the history of association football have I heard The Fall played over the tannoy. Quality!

Eat Yourself Fitter!

Those posters are excellent. Thanks for this Sergey. I did a lot of work in Eastbourne a year and a bit ago and wish I'd had the nous to catch some of this.
Wonder if we can persuade our DJ to play some Fall at the next home game? 'Pay Your Rates' maybe?..........or how about
'Where's The f-in Taxi c-?' off the 'Rude' EP. Maybe just get the boy the sack again though :greengrin

Sergey
01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
One more that wasn't on the Lewes site, but again a decent effort in the creativity stakes.

http://www.lewesfc.com/wp-content/themes/lewesfc/images/posters/carshalton-athletic.pdf

The match happened to be abandoned at half-time due to floodlight failure with Lewis being 2-0 up against Carshalton Athletic.

Private Members know only too well how much we love Carshalton Athletic :agree:

Scott Allan Key
02-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Mark E Smith and The Fall [/B]blaring out. Never before in the history of association football have I heard The Fall played over the tannoy. Quality!

Eat Yourself Fitter!

Cool. How about 'Edinburgh Man' too, we could adopt this song too. Perhaps change 'Edinburgh' when it's sung to 'Easter Road' or 'Hibernian'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbMG1v7qDqs

As regards the DJ being sacked, yes, he disobeyed an instruction, but that instruction was effectively, 'no humourous banter with an opposing team'. Boring, boring Hibs, sorry for raising this issue again, it's been done to death, my point is, is that these posters are fun, creative, innovative marketing which seems sadly lacking at Hibs, IMHO.

Jones28
02-03-2013, 09:14 AM
They're excellent

wazoo1875
02-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Some of those are excellent Sergey,you don't see very many imaginative things like this nowadays. I loved visiting Lewes when my parents lived down in sussex but I never managed a game at the pan.

Phil D. Rolls
02-03-2013, 10:15 AM

Somehow, I just can't see small town Scotland displaying the same sense of humour. Every one of those posters is guaranteed to offend somebody - all it takes is a little imagination.

Phil D. Rolls
02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Agree with most of that but our DJ wasn't sacked for being creative and humorous. He was sacked because he specifically chose to ignore an instruction and actually do the opposite.

Sigh.

brog
02-03-2013, 10:21 AM
You forgot to mention Harvey's Brewery Sergey!! Spent a lovely May day at Lewes, made all the better by Hibs coming from a goal down to spank Yams 3-1, thanks mainly to Kevin Harper! On my way to Amex shortly but a tad chillier than that may day!

Jack Hackett
02-03-2013, 10:53 AM
You forgot to mention Harvey's Brewery Sergey!! Spent a lovely May day at Lewes, made all the better by Hibs coming from a goal down to spank Yams 3-1, thanks mainly to Kevin Harper! On my way to Amex shortly but a tad chillier than that may day!

I'm off to the Amex today as well. My last visit was In September when it was 24 degrees. it will be more like edinburgh today :greengrin

Gala Foxes
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
We got a cracking poster for Dnipro - Hibernian in 2005 from the Chairman of Dnipro when we wandered around the ground taking photos on the morning of the game - Top Man !

Sergey
15-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but ITV ran a small piece on their regional news last night about the Lewes posters.

See here: http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/2013-03-13/lewes-fc-is-dripping-with-talent/

:aok:

Sergey
29-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Once again - bumping an old thread.

The boys at Lewes FC have created another belter of a poster:

Off the bar
29-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Once again - bumping an old thread.

The boys at Lewes FC have created another belter of a poster:

that's brilliant! took me a second to get it, wish our latest results read like that!

wearethehibs
29-09-2013, 07:36 PM
that's brilliant! took me a second to get it, wish our latest results read like that!

Too many Ds in there to please some.

Watford_Mark
30-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Excellent!

I saw Lewes beat the Met Police a few weeks ago. 2-0 and the police had somebody sent off :)
Enjoyed reading all the posters in the bar :) Excellent ground but I didnt think much of the Harveys Ale :(

Keith_M
30-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Too many Ds in there to please some.

Boring, negative Fenlon type football...

:wink: