PDA

View Full Version : Hearts pies - (no Chris Robinson content)

Golden Bear
01-03-2013, 05:11 PM
I was beginning to think that this was April 1st and not March 1st, but naw, looks like the yams have come up with this pie o neering scheme according to an article in tonight's EEn.

"the groundbreaking scheme will see supporters send their orders to the snack bar via a smart phone app, with their grub then delivered to their seat by stadium staff. And orders can even be paid electronically, removing the scramble for change at the till. The cutting - edge service will be available to all 3000 supporters seated in the Wheatfield Stand during this Saturday's home fixture with Motherwell"

The mind boggles - it really does.

:greengrin

hibeemikey21
01-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I was beginning to think that this was April 1st and not March 1st, but naw, looks like the yams have come up with this pie o neering scheme according to an article in tonight's EEn.

"the groundbreaking scheme will see supporters send their orders to the snack bar via a smart phone app, with their grub then delivered to their seat by stadium staff. And orders can even be paid electronically, removing the scramble for change at the till. The cutting - edge service will be available to all 3000 supporters seated in the Wheatfield Stand during this Saturday's home fixture with Motherwell"

That is a class idea tbf.

hibs4thecup1988
01-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Laugh all you want...thats a great idea. I almost missed the Killie goal on Wednesday due to the queues. Think this is a superb idea. Wonder how much it is costing them though? Also...how many will do it that wouldn't just for the idea of it? Bet they make a bit of dough from this...

cocopops1875
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM

you do have to wonder where their Pie-orities lie (sorry i never join in the pun threads :greengrin) pie delivery service Apps, 3D Programmes and the like its like they have nothing to worry about :confused:

Sergey
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
This isn't an initiative instigated by Hertz - it's been introduced by their contract catering firm, Saltire.

All costs and profits go one way...and it's not into the Yam's coffers.

Bostonhibby
01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
all is barry

Bostonhibby
01-03-2013, 05:27 PM
incidentally, surely some lithuanian chancer could persuade them to buy 500 years worth of pies in advance, cash only payable immediately to help save their club?

StevieC
01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
This isn't an initiative instigated by Hertz - it's been introduced by their contract catering firm, Saltire.

:agree:

You are absolutely correct.

It is actually a very good idea to utilise otherwise "redundant" catering staff during the start of the match and half time.

Kato
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
fat lazy *****

O'Rourke3
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Do they not sort of do this in the States. Vendor at end of row passes food and everyone passes it along honestly. Looking at some of the monsters in their support my guess is that most pies won't make their final destination and those that do will have passed through hands that have been recently pished upon and not washed. Not for me I'm afraid. :na na:

FranckSuzy
01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
It's a good idea by the catering company but, maybe it's just me, I reckon it's bound to be pretty annoying having the staff bring the goodies to the paying punter's seat at any time during the game. What if either team's about to take a penalty and the boy pitches up with a pie for someone. Will they a) wait till it's taken or b) expect you to let them past because they'll not be watching the action on the pitch? :confused: :greengrin

cocopops1875
01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Do they not sort of do this in the States. Vendor at end of row passes food and everyone passes it along honestly. Looking at some of the monsters in their support my guess is that most pies won't make their final destination and those that do will have passed through hands that have been recently pished upon and not washed. Not for me I'm afraid. :na na:

Aye this happens at the Baseball certainly :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
01-03-2013, 05:35 PM

The theory is good but in practice I'm not convinced that it will work. I'm pleased that the residents of piggery park are being used as guinea pigs and I suppose it it works then it can be adopted by us BIG clubs at a later date.

GlenrothesHibee
01-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Will they want to sit and wait on their pies while watching their team get pumped yet again?

Bostonhibby
01-03-2013, 05:42 PM

They will be untouched by human hands when they reach their intended pie face. .

Kojock
01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
We complain enough about people going to the toilet / pie stand during the game so having to stand up every two minutes to let the pie deliverer past will go down a treat. :na na:

Andy74
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM

The theory is good but in practice I'm not convinced that it will work. I'm pleased that the residents of piggery park are being used as guinea pigs and I suppose it it works then it can be adopted by us BIG clubs at a later date.

I'd suggest this will be carnage.

stu in nottingham
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
When do they serve the humble pie?

I'm looking forward to the app that allows me to engage in a half-time pish without leaving my seat...or perhaps not.

Hovehibby
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
they should add bake-sale cakes to the menu, should make a fortune..........:greengrin

Mac
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM

Why? Do you know the system they operate, operation and logistics in place and how the other 5 games that it was operated actually worked? Just wondering?

Personally know one of the guys who work for saltire and sounds like they have done their homework on it, first stadium in UK, that's pretty impressive

Fife-Hibee
01-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Why? Do you know the system they operate, operation and logistics in place and how the other 5 games that it was operated actually worked? Just wondering?

Personally know one of the guys who work for saltire and sounds like they have done their homework on it, first stadium in UK, that's pretty impressive

Pity the stadium wont be there long enough to make anything out of it !!

hibbymick
01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Anyone remember the days when you would send a chinese delivery to a neighbour you didnt like :wink:

6 pies and 3 cokes to seat 44 row d please......Muhahahahahaha

macca70
01-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Great idea,

Only issue I see with it, you order through an app on your Smartphone.

Anytime I try get on tinternet when inside ER to check scores etc, it is painfully slow or doesn't connect.

Not sure if it is just a poor reception area or if its due to so many folk all in the area with there phones trying to pick up signal.

macca70
01-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Anyone remember the days when you would send a chinese delivery to a neighbour you didnt like :wink:

Lol, think you might pay for it through the app though.

If not, we're going to have some fun :)

bringbackbenny
01-03-2013, 07:16 PM

Does one actually have to be in the stadium to order a yam pie? hmmm...

lol

cocopops1875
01-03-2013, 07:20 PM

So its not the first time/or new then :confused:

Mac
01-03-2013, 07:32 PM
So its not the first time/or new then :confused:

Obviously you do trials with a small section in order to iron out any potential issues, its brand new so like any system of that kind I would guess they need to trial it until dying to serve x thousand people

Archie70
01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Cashstrapped managerless club on the brink of oblivion but fear not 3D programmes and pie delivery makes everything alright!:devil:

cocopops1875
01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Obviously you do trials with a small section in order to iron out any potential issues, its brand new so like any system of that kind I would guess they need to trial it until dying to serve x thousand people

Just wondered as its the kinda thing you hear about when being tested :thumbsup: its no like the yams to keep quiet given the Baws spouted about the 1st ever in the world ever ever 3D programme that was the 1st ever in the world except for QPR and Newcastle and probably others :greengrin

lord bunberry
01-03-2013, 07:55 PM

Recently pished upon and not washed. Is gary locke serving the pies

steakbake
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I never manage to get 3G to work when I'm at the footie so good luck to the flumps that do somehow manage to get some signal.

As an idea, the pink hoardes will be lapping it up but I suspect like the 3D programme, it will ultimately prove to be entirely pointless.

macca70
01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
http://m.mobilemarketingmagazine.com/mobilemarketing/i/article/hearts-and-qikserve-take-footie-catering-mobile

You need to download the Qikserve app.

When you are at you seat, there is a QROPs barcode thing on the seat which you scan with your phone.

This must be unique to your seat so it automatically picks up your location and it will bring up a menu on your phone.

Seems cool idea but in a stand of 3000, what if they get 60 orders through at once and I would imagine they would get a lot more than 60 just before HT, especially whilst its a novelty.

degenerated
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM

All costs and profits go one way...and it's not into the Yam's coffers.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
How lazy are fans that they want / need food served to there seat, ouch! Get yer @rse up of the seat and burn a few calories and earn your right to eat yer pie! Mad idea. Soon they`'ll be putting folk in the bogs to wipe yer @are. Hope Hibs don`t introduce this, waste ooh money as there will be the need for extra staff to deliver these pies hahaha

GreenCastle
01-03-2013, 09:28 PM
http://m.mobilemarketingmagazine.com/mobilemarketing/i/article/hearts-and-qikserve-take-footie-catering-mobile

You need to download the Qikserve app.

When you are at you seat, there is a QROPs barcode thing on the seat which you scan with your phone.

This must be unique to your seat so it automatically picks up your location and it will bring up a menu on your phone.

Seems cool idea but in a stand of 3000, what if they get 60 orders through at once and I would imagine they would get a lot more than 60 just before HT, especially whilst its a novelty.

How many people will they have taking the pies around and taking the money? Or do you pay by card ?

Having experienced American sports when they do this and seen it at the cinema it's a pain when someone comes into your row / space and is giving you what you wanted. Would rather they didn't do this at ER but instead simply lowered the cost of the rip off food and made it better quality.

madabouthibs
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Surely the Wheatfield holds a lot more than 3K?
Big team my erchy!

StevieC
01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Just wondered as its the kinda thing you hear about when being tested :thumbsup: its no like the yams to keep quiet

It's not a yams initiative though, it's a Saltire Catering initiative. The yams are only shouting about it now because the trials were succesfull.

given the Baws spouted about the 1st ever in the world ever ever 3D programme that was the 1st ever in the world except for QPR and Newcastle and probably others

Exactly. :agree:

Last season ...

Bostonhibby
01-03-2013, 10:54 PM
How lazy are fans that they want / need food served to there seat, ouch! Get yer @rse up of the seat and burn a few calories and earn your right to eat yer pie! Mad idea. Soon they`'ll be putting folk in the bogs to wipe yer @are. Hope Hibs don`t introduce this, waste ooh money as there will be the need for extra staff to deliver these pies hahaha

Agree, lazy shower, I'd make them virtual pies so they can once again get nothing for their cash. Much healthier as well.

heretoday
01-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Hearts always were pioneers. :cool2:

TrickyNicky
01-03-2013, 11:32 PM
An un-named source tells me this has been going on behind the scenes for a while now.

Mac
03-03-2013, 12:04 AM

Come on Andy, your never one to shirk your unquestionable point of view as being 100% accurate, you carry a fair chip in your shoulder and knowing exactly who you are I show a fair respect on some comments, however and I'm so waiting on the 'opinion' excuse, how did you get to your suggested opinion considering its been difficult to avoid on various media outlets without a negative comment!! Sure you know best, wont look forward to ripping you a new one!! ,

iwasthere1972
03-03-2013, 12:04 AM
On the subject of pies at football grounds. Have they been tested for horsemeat? Maybe just best checking for meat first.

Northernhibee
03-03-2013, 12:38 AM
On the subject of pies at football grounds. Have they been tested for horsemeat? Maybe just best checking for meat first.

Wouldn't just check the pies for horsemeat, that entire football club is a total mare.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2013, 12:42 AM

You sure its not you that works for them?