PDA

View Full Version : Team for Sunday

The Sea-gull
01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Do we go along similar lines to last couple of games or make changes? Think I read that Hanlon is due back.

Maybe something like this:-

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney
Robertson
Claros
Taiwo
Done

Griffiths

What's happened to Deegan? He doesn't seem to have featured for a few games. Is he injured? I'm not sure but I actually think our midfield performs better without him in it.

jonny
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I‘d have Taiwo out and Doyle in and play 442, can‘t see it though. Fully expect the team you listed to be the team we go with.

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Do we go along similar lines to last couple of games or make changes? Think I read that Hanlon is due back.

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney
Robertson
Claros
Taiwo
Done

Griffiths

What's happened to Deegan? He doesn't seem to have featured for a few games. Is he injured? I'm not sure but I actually think our midfield performs better without him in it.

Play Done on the right , swap Spoony for Cairney and play him on the right . 4/5/1 and into the semi's :cb

stoneyburn hibs
01-03-2013, 05:13 PM
2 on the right wing? What is this madness you speak of?!?!?!

:wink:
Doh meant left for Done

Zazu62
01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Where's Clancy?

Heisenberg
01-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Williams

Maybury
Mcpake
Mcgivern
Stevenson

Taiwo
Claros

Done
Robertson
Doyle

Griffiths

number9dream
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Can't see too many changes but the glaring problem is our wide men in midfield.

Williams
Stevenson McPake Hanlon McGivern
Claros Taiwo
? Robertson ?
Griffiths

For the question marks, likely perm two from Done, Cairney, Wotherspoon & Doyle - none really inspire confidence at the moment.
Harris should get more opportunities to prove himself but I can't see wee Pat gambling in a big cup game.
Pat might even add Deegan to the line-up and play a diamond, with one of the four ? amigos above supporting Leigh.

GreenOnions
01-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney
Robertson
Claros
Taiwo
Done

Griffiths

I think there were enough positives on Wednesday and at Tannadice to keep mostly the same 11 but I think we need to try to be more of a threat in the final third of the pitch without needing "wonder goals" to win. I really like Paul Cairney but I think he needs a wee rest. I'd like to see Done on the left and also I think Handling deserves a chance to start on the right. If not Handling then Wotherspoon as he contributed to our goals on Wednesday.

Up The Bracket
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Williams

Lewis
Hanlon
McPake
McGivern

Spoony
Robertson
Claros
Taiwo
Cairney

Griffiths

Simples.

Humo
01-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Personally Id like to see

Williams

Clancy/Stevenson Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

Wootherspoon Claros Robertson Cairney Done (On the correct side)

Leigh

500miles
02-03-2013, 10:50 AM
....................Williams
Stevenson.McPake..Hanlon..McGivern
................Taiwo..Claros
.Doyle............Robertson.........Done
.......................Griffiths

This a cup match, and a home tie, so Killie have to come to us. I thought we played really well for the first 20 minutes of the midweek game. Some lovely passing moves, and real good football. However, Killie started to sit deeper which made it difficult to find that killer pass in behind them, and asked their wide men to isolate our fullbacks. If we have McGivern at left back, they can't afford to push thier wide men so high, because he can get forward and take advantage of them abandoning thier defensive duties.

That means that the midfield becomes a bit of a battle ground, and with 3 players in the middle who not only fight hard, but showed ability to pass the ball around in tight spaces last time, we have an advantage. The pass and move for the first 20 minutes, like i said, was good.

Then we have Done and Doyle in the wide positions. I like Doyle, he works hard, likes to get on the ball, and runs at defenders - his directness was something we really could have done with earlier on in the midweek game. Done hits the byline and tries to get crosses in, which means we can switch them at any time to suit how their fullbacks line up. Wotherspoon is a possiblity instead of Done, and may deserve a start after his contribution at Easter Road, but it would be nice to have a natural, orthodox wide man to give us that sort of option, especially with Doyle and Robertson making late runs to make crosses into the box.

Jones28
02-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I think Wotherspoon deserves a start after his contribution against killie.

PISTOL1875
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Paul Hanlon is out for 4 weeks..

R'Albin
02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I‘d have Taiwo out and Doyle in and play 442, can‘t see it though. Fully expect the team you listed to be the team we go with.

I totally disagree, thought Taiwo played really well on Sunday (when I last seen us) and Doyle was abysmal when he came on up front. I'd be tempted, however, to put on Doyle on for Cairney who looks pretty gassed at the moment.

Fergus52
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM

We've been comfortably beaten everytime we've tried to play 442 after the celtic game.

hibsbollah
02-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't know why anyone would want us to go back to 442 with the squad we have now, 451 makes the most sense.

With Hanlon likely to miss another week, I'll go unchanged.

Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Done
Claros
Taiwo
Robertson
Cairney

The Sparkmeister.

AlbertK86
02-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Same starting team as wed but swap done and Cairney

Really think done can do some damage if he is going down his natural left side

If changing I would go 4141 with Taiwo dropping out ... Claros sitting behind a four of

Doyle. Robertson. Cairney. Done

FromTheCapital
02-03-2013, 04:08 PM
BBC Sport says that Hanlon is expected to be fit...

I'd go for:

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Wotherspoon
Robertson
Claros
Stevenson
Done

Griffiths
---------------------------------
Dayton is out for Kilmarnock so I'd keep Maybury in there as I think he played well against Killie on Wednesday.
Cairney needs to get his finger out so I'd maybe bring him on at around 65 minutes to drive at them.
I'd put Done out on the left on his favoured foot as he looks like he could be a decent winger.

All in all, I think that it will be a tight game but I think we'll come out on top.

2-0 Hibs - Griffiths with them both!

FromTheCapital
02-03-2013, 04:10 PM
....................Williams
Stevenson.McPake..Hanlon..McGivern
................Taiwo..Claros
.Doyle............Robertson.........Done
.......................Griffiths

This a cup match, and a home tie, so Killie have to come to us. I thought we played really well for the first 20 minutes of the midweek game. Some lovely passing moves, and real good football. However, Killie started to sit deeper which made it difficult to find that killer pass in behind them, and asked their wide men to isolate our fullbacks. If we have McGivern at left back, they can't afford to push thier wide men so high, because he can get forward and take advantage of them abandoning thier defensive duties.

That means that the midfield becomes a bit of a battle ground, and with 3 players in the middle who not only fight hard, but showed ability to pass the ball around in tight spaces last time, we have an advantage. The pass and move for the first 20 minutes, like i said, was good.

Then we have Done and Doyle in the wide positions. I like Doyle, he works hard, likes to get on the ball, and runs at defenders - his directness was something we really could have done with earlier on in the midweek game. Done hits the byline and tries to get crosses in, which means we can switch them at any time to suit how their fullbacks line up. Wotherspoon is a possiblity instead of Done, and may deserve a start after his contribution at Easter Road, but it would be nice to have a natural, orthodox wide man to give us that sort of option, especially with Doyle and Robertson making late runs to make crosses into the box.
The games away mate... :aok:

Hainan Hibs
02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Personally Id like to see

Williams

Clancy/Stevenson Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern

Wootherspoon Claros Robertson Cairney Done (On the correct side)

Leigh

Would be my team too. Possibly a bit harsh dropping Taiwo after recent weeks but I'd like to see how Cairney fairs through the middle.

Greendub
02-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Is Hanlon not injured?

Heisenberg
02-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Is Hanlon not injured?

Looks like it. Maybury didn't fill me with confidence on wednesday, although he never does. We have no other options at the back apart from younger guys so it'll be him that starts id imagine.

Golden Bear
02-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Is Hanlon not injured?

He's supposed to be fit for tomorrow.

bingo70
02-03-2013, 06:58 PM
He's supposed to be fit for tomorrow.

Fenlon saying in todays news he's out tomorrow's game.

Wotherspiniesta
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Fenlon saying in todays news he's out tomorrow's game.

That's a big blow for us. He's been very good this season. Really matured as a defender.

I'd go for:

Williams

Maybury McPake McGivern Stevenson

Claros Taiwo

Wotherspoon Robertson Done

Griffiths

Bench: Murdoch Donaldson Deegan Cairney Doyle

Cairney needs a rest IMO. Tempted to try either Donaldson at right back or Harris at RM but willing to give the more experienced players a try for this important match. Maybe give them a start in our next home game against weaker opposition :wink:

hibsbollah
02-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Hanlon being out isnt great, but them not having The Beard is a bigger blow for them. A really dangerous player that will give much better RBs than Maybury trouble.

bingo70
02-03-2013, 08:12 PM
That's a big blow for us. He's been very good this season. Really matured as a defender.

I'd go for:

Williams

Maybury McPake McGivern Stevenson

Claros Taiwo

Wotherspoon Robertson Done

Griffiths

Bench: Murdoch Donaldson Deegan Cairney Doyle

Cairney needs a rest IMO. Tempted to try either Donaldson at right back or Harris at RM but willing to give the more experienced players a try for this important match. Maybe give them a start in our next home game against weaker opposition :wink:

He never had a great game on Wednesday but I thought the last two times cairney played against killie he's caused them problems so I'd plat him tomorrow and not Wotherspoon, other than that thougg I agree with your team.

JimBHibees
02-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I think Clancy might come back in as a bit of a gamble with Lewis to left back. Would play the same team as played against Dundee Utd apart from that as that is as good as we have played in months.

patch1875
02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Clancy is still a game or 2 away from playing he's just back light training

JimBHibees
02-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Ok Maybury right, Lewis left then.

Heedersnvolleys
02-03-2013, 09:21 PM
I think Clancy might come back in as a bit of a gamble with Lewis to left back.

It has been a bit quiet on the Clancy situation, you would think there would have been update from the club?

JimBHibees
02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
It has been a bit quiet on the Clancy front, you would think there would have been update from them?

I think I read somewhere he was back training last week however it seems he is still not ready to play. Given he has broken down a few times this season it kind of makes sense.

Gmack7
02-03-2013, 09:41 PM
is Dayton defo out,good news if he is

jonny
03-03-2013, 02:02 AM
We've been comfortably beaten everytime we've tried to play 442 after the celtic game.

I just felt on Wednesday Leigh was isolated up front for long periods until Doyle came on. I actually thought Doyles introduction swung the momentum towards us. I realise he‘s not currently flavour of the moment but imo he improved the team on Wednesday

.Sean.
03-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Is Clancy ever fit?

Williams

Doyle Robertson Claros Cairney Done

Griffiths

scoopyboy
03-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Is Clancy ever fit?

Williams

Doyle Robertson Claros Cairney Done

Griffiths

One of your back four won't be playing mate.

Are you getting on in Haddinngton?

If so remember it is a Parks bus and not our usual, keep the driver right.

Saturdays Hero
03-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Hanlon & Clancy are both a huge loss,We keep a terrible shape when Maybury plays,he had a decent 1st half by his standards against The Sheep but was up against a player just back from injury in Milsom and when Pawlett came on he was out his depth against an average player,i fear Killie will have a field day against him :hide:

hfc rd
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Williams

Stevenson
McPake
McGivern
Maybury

Doyle
Robertson
Claros
Cairney
Done