PDA

View Full Version : Killie on Sunday -turning up without a ticket

madhibby
28-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm a Hibee living in Glasgow

I was intending just turning up on Sunday and paying to get in (there will be two of us)

I saw the tickets were selling pretty well - 2200 gone before the game last night (I know the stand for Hibs fans holds 4400 or around that)

So I thought I'd buy 2 tickets before last night game.

But the journey by car was a nightmare despite leaving Glasgow at 5pm. Traffic at the bye pass in Edinburgh was bad and there were lots of temporary traffic lights once we were at the Maybury.

So we only got parked at 7 30pm. I went to the ticket office and there were large queues. I asked the steward if it was open after the game and he didnt know. I asked a ticket seller at the tickets for killie (home game) window and after consulting she came back and said no.

So rather than miss last night early action I now don't have a ticket for Sunday.

So the questions are:
* will it be ok to turn up at Kilmarnock on Sunday and just buy 2 tickets for the Hibs end/pay at the turnstile for 2 at the Hibs end (I might try and get there early?)
* does anybody know how many tickets Hibs have sold?
* if the Hibs end was full will Killie let Hibs fans in the main stand? I know the ground will be nowhere near its capacity although I understand Killie are not opening their stand behind the goal so the other two stands could be busier.

Any advice?

Sir David Gray
28-02-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm a Hibee living in Glasgow

I was intending just turning up on Sunday and paying to get in (there will be two of us)

I saw the tickets were selling pretty well - 2200 gone before the game last night (I know the stand for Hibs fans holds 4400 or around that)

So I thought I'd buy 2 tickets before last night game.

But the journey by car was a nightmare despite leaving Glasgow at 5pm. Traffic at the bye pass in Edinburgh was bad and there were lots of temporary traffic lights once we were at the Maybury.

So we only got parked at 7 30pm. I went to the ticket office and there were large queues. I asked the steward if it was open after the game and he didnt know. I asked a ticket seller at the tickets for killie (home game) window and after consulting she came back and said no.

So rather than miss last night early action I now don't have a ticket for Sunday.

So the questions are:
* will it be ok to turn up at Kilmarnock on Sunday and just buy 2 tickets for the Hibs end/pay at the turnstile for 2 at the Hibs end (I might try and get there early?)
* does anybody know how many tickets Hibs have sold?
* if the Hibs end was full will Killie let Hibs fans in the main stand? I know the ground will be nowhere near its capacity although I understand Killie are not opening their stand behind the goal so the other two stands could be busier.

Any advice?

I have no official advice so don't take it as gospel but I wouldn't have thought you'll have any problems getting in on Sunday. I think we'll be taking a healthy crowd down there but I don't think it will be a complete sell out.

madhibby
28-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I have no official advice so don't take it as gospel but I wouldn't have thought you'll have any problems getting in on Sunday. I think we'll be taking a healthy crowd down there but I don't think it will be a complete sell out.

Thanks for your view. I tend to agree with you. The only risk maybe if hundreds or say 1000 Hibs are doing the same as me! Then there could be long queues/chaos before getting in and the slight risk that the away stand is full and they dont allow Hibs fans in anywhere else.

Seems unlikely so I will be going. I will look out for advice on the official Hibs site - like tickets for Hibs fans can be purchased at the ground from a certain time - go and get tickets early then can relax and get meal a drink etc. May go to the Kille Park hotel - probaby Killie staff/fans could assist if there were problems!

Billy Whizz
28-02-2013, 09:26 PM

You can't pay at the gate at Killie. You need to go round to their main ticket office to buy tickets pre match. I wouldn't have thought we will will sell out, but get their sharpish to get your tickets

GoldenEagle
28-02-2013, 09:27 PM
The police and Killie will want the Hibs fans in the stadium rather than watching the game in pubs in Killie city centre.

madhibby
28-02-2013, 09:38 PM
You can't pay at the gate at Killie. You need to go round to their main ticket office to buy tickets pre match. I wouldn't have thought we will will sell out, but get their sharpish to get your tickets

So where is their main ticket office? Part of their main stand - the one on the right of the stand where Hibs fans are?

Sir David Gray
28-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for your view. I tend to agree with you. The only risk maybe if hundreds or say 1000 Hibs are doing the same as me! Then there could be long queues/chaos before getting in and the slight risk that the away stand is full and they dont allow Hibs fans in anywhere else.

Seems unlikely so I will be going. I will look out for advice on the official Hibs site - like tickets for Hibs fans can be purchased at the ground from a certain time - go and get tickets early then can relax and get meal a drink etc. May go to the Kille Park hotel - probaby Killie staff/fans could assist if there were problems!

Yeah if I was you, I would maybe try to get to Rugby Park for about 13:15 or something like that so that you can beat the crowds as I'm sure there will be a few people like yourself just turning up on the day and buying tickets.

Like you've said yourself, I'm sure there will be an update on the Hibs website at some point tomorrow regarding this which should make things a bit clearer.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2013, 09:46 PM
So where is their main ticket office? Part of their main stand - the one on the right of the stand where Hibs fans are?

Yes, that's the one. Main stand, beside the Hotel

Carheenlea
28-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I`d be almost certain that no one wanting to buy a ticket on Sunday will be getting turned away, but as others have said, advisable to get down sharp as I`m sure there will be pretty large numbers looking to pay on the day.

Killiehibbie
01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Tickets will be available on Sunday between 12.30 and 2.30 at Rugby Park ticket office.

adhibs
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Just got tickets in the front row. Will b rajing if theve kept better ones back for the door

dennykillie
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Guys

I would advise getting tickets BEFORE going to the pub. At our last home game against the Sheep there was a long queue and there were only a few hundred of them.

If you can, I would advise getting tickets at Easter Road.

The ticket office is the wee brick building between the Moffat (Home) Stand and the Main Stand, directly across from the hotel.

By the way, I hope you get pumped on Sunday!

:whistle:

JimBHibees
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Guys

I would advise getting tickets BEFORE going to the pub. At our last home game against the Sheep there was a long queue and there were only a few hundred of them.

The ticket office is the wee brick building between the Moffat (Home) Stand and the Main Stand, directly across from the hotel.

Thanks for that and ditto. :greengrin

Russell The Dug
01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Op check your PMs.

Lucius Apuleius
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Guys

I'll be sending the Denny Hibees round to you!!!!!!

big-mo
01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
My mate has just been to the ticket office at ER and there was only just over 200 left (out of the 3,500 in the away stand), what they did say that once these were sold there would be none available at the ground on Sunday.

It is up to you if you wish to risk it, not sure you would even get in the Killie end.

Albanian Hibs
01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
My mate has just been to the ticket office at ER and there was only just over 200 left (out of the 3,500 in the away stand), what they did say that once these were sold there would be none available at the ground on Sunday.

It is up to you if you wish to risk it, not sure you would even get in the Killie end.

The away stand holds more than 3500

Albanian Hibs
01-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Can this thread be merged with the killie tickets thread??

hibeedonald
01-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Exactly the same situation here, I'm living in Glasgow now, my dad tried to buy them today but they needed my student card, so we're hoping to PATG. Worst comes to worse just pay in the Killie end, but it would be madness not to sell more at the game by Killie.

Russell The Dug
01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Just been town barely many tickets left at all. Never realised sales are in the club shop now, pure hanging about the windae for ages like a tube.

GoldenEagle
01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Frank Beattie Main 4412
East stand 4904
Moffat stand 4406
Chadwick ( away) 4406

total 18128

There will be plenty to go around on the day...a nice sunny day and we could be pushing 4,500 tops..although for those that attended Ibrox and are not going on Sunday here's a wee reminder :0)

GlenrothesHibee
01-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Frank Beattie Main 4412
East stand 4904
Moffat stand 4406
Chadwick ( away) 4406

total 18128

There will be plenty to go around on the day...a nice sunny day and we could be pushing 4,500 tops..although for those that attended Ibrox and are not going on Sunday here's a wee reminder :0)

Fantastic pic! Still my best away day. Pandemonium at all 3 goals