PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

Hibrandenburg
28-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Wasn't quite as bad as expected. Hibs tried to play the game the way it should be done (on the deck) in the first half. Seemed quite comfortable and weren't in any real danger but weren't threatening either. Jeykell and Hyde in the 2nd half. Killie changed their shape and we had real problems dealing with that. Few of our players were caught on the ball due to a lack of creativity and therefore we ended up having to blooter the ball up the park. Was very disappointed with our movement off the ball in the 2nd half. Few of our ladds found themselves isolated and left with no choice but to give possession away by hoofing it forward. That said, it was still an improvement since I was last there and the first half gave me hope that things are moving in the right direction, even if somewhat slowly.

lord bunberry
28-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I would agree with that I thought we were decent in the first half but for the first 25 minutes of the second half we were all over the place. As for punting it up the park its a hard one as the two centre halves are passing to each other waiting for some movement ahead of them, the crowd then start screaming for them to get on with it so they end up punting it. Some people were saying they were getting bored watching the games but last night was anything but.

Hibrandenburg
28-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I would agree with that I thought we were decent in the first half but for the first 25 minutes of the second half we were all over the place. As for punting it up the park its a hard one as the two centre halves are passing to each other waiting for some movement ahead of them, the crowd then start screaming for them to get on with it so they end up punting it. Some people were saying they were getting bored watching the games but last night was anything but.

:agree: Think the crowd didn't make it easy for us. That said, was sat in the new East for the first time yesterday and thought the young boys there definitely added something to the game. :applause:

lord bunberry
28-02-2013, 06:34 PM
:agree: Think the crowd didn't make it easy for us. That said, was sat in the new East for the first time yesterday and thought the young boys there definitely added something to the game. :applause:

I thought it was the best atmosphere outside one of the big games we've had this season

Hibee Ryan
28-02-2013, 06:46 PM
First half we looked in control but the lack of action in the final third was a killer. No shots or crosses seemed to come when we did get in dangerous areas and this has to be addressed but if we play like that on Sunday we will win.

The second half we lost an early goal and it took the players 10 minutes to get back on track by which time Killie had stepped back and were happy to see out the game at 1-0! The fans booing the passing round the back really annoys me, people have been moaning for weeks about hoofball and when the players start to try to play some football they start getting booed and then when they do give people what they want (a long ball up to Griffiths) they boo because it didn't work! What are the players meant to do :rolleyes:??

Our main weakness was the wings, Cairney and Done looked off the pace but our full backs never take a man on especially Stevenson when he does have it in him to get past a man but doesn't have the confidence to do it! Spoony and Harris looked better options than Cairney and Done but I don't understand why we play right footer's on the left and left footer's on the right, we've done it with Sproule, Cairney, Spoony, Done and even Harris last night?? The goals weren't anything special but a goal from a set piece is always nice and McGivern had a good leap and good header and the second goal was scrappy but that's what good goal scorers do, pounce on any mistakes or rebounds!

All in all a decent performance but we need to keep playing for 90 minutes and not just one half but some fans constant negativity especially when we go behind is getting to the players and is having a direct link to the performances i.e punts forward when booing occurs and just losing the ball! Enjoyed last nights display more than any recent one's at ER and I for one want this brand of football to stay!
GGTTH:flag:

skipster7
28-02-2013, 06:52 PM
:agree: a guy and his son behind us kept shouting to McPake " go on a run with it " :rolleyes:. when he did one time and lost it he was of course a useless bassa.the amount of shouts of get it up the f****ng park to a 5 1/2 foot Griffiths were unreal after 2/3 passes in defence.I do think we should have had Doyle on a lot earlier as Sparky is constantly up against it on his own.thought we started well but fell away after 30 mins, Killie getting the first goal made it easy for them to sit in and frustrate which they did.

GreenOnions
28-02-2013, 07:26 PM
I agree with the view that, despite the result, there are quite a few positives to take from the game.

I certainly agree that the crowd lacks patience and, as soon as we went a goal down, the anxiety and impatience in the stands was both tangible and audible. I think that transmits to the players and is part of the reason we've been less impressive at ER recently.

I thought we passed the ball about quite nicely at times in the first half and certainly looked the better team. The main thing we lacked was quality of the final ball. I feel we are lacking in the wide areas but we also need to have the confidence to get some midfielders into the box as well to give more options.

Done beat his marker quite early in the first half and got in a cross from the byeline but he didn't try to do so again for the rest of the match. Maybe still lacking in confidence. I really like Cairney as a player but I think defenders have cottoned-on to his nutmeg trick. He lacks pace so I think he's going to need to develop his game to add more tricks so that he's less predictable.

I thought McPake and McGivern played quite well and Robertson, although he looked better against DUFC, is showing signs that he could be really good for us. For me it was a toss-up between Claros and Griffiths for our best player. Leigh's attitude is first class and he got us the equaliser and Claros was at the heart of all our passing movements whilst winning back possession on many occasions.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree with the view that, despite the result, there are quite a few positives to take from the game.

I certainly agree that the crowd lacks patience and, as soon as we went a goal down, the anxiety and impatience in the stands was both tangible and audible. I think that transmits to the players and is part of the reason we've been less impressive at ER recently.

I thought we passed the ball about quite nicely at times in the first half and certainly looked the better team. The main thing we lacked was quality of the final ball. I feel we are lacking in the wide areas but we also need to have the confidence to get some midfielders into the box as well to give more options.

Done beat his marker quite early in the first half and got in a cross from the byeline but he didn't try to do so again for the rest of the match. Maybe still lacking in confidence. I really like Cairney as a player but I think defenders have cottoned-on to his nutmeg trick. He lacks pace so I think he's going to need to develop his game to add more tricks so that he's less predictable.

I thought McPake and McGivern played quite well and Robertson, although he looked better against DUFC, is showing signs that he could be really good for us. For me it was a toss-up between Claros and Griffiths for our best player. Leigh's attitude is first class and he got us the equaliser and Claros was at the heart of all our passing movements whilst winning back possession on many occasions.

Claros was different class at times last night, particularly in the first half but at times in the second half as well.

Some of the passing he was coming away with was something else.

Can't see it but I really hope we can keep him beyond this season.

I didn't think I would have been saying that 12 months ago!

stoneyburn hibs
28-02-2013, 08:21 PM
:agree: a guy and his son behind us kept shouting to McPake " go on a run with it " :rolleyes:. when he did one time and lost it he was of course a useless bassa.the amount of shouts of get it up the f****ng park to a 5 1/2 foot Griffiths were unreal after 2/3 passes in defence.I do think we should have had Doyle on a lot earlier as Sparky is constantly up against it on his own.thought we started well but fell away after 30 mins, Killie getting the first goal made it easy for them to sit in and frustrate which they did.
Do you by any chance sit in the east , about row m 180 ? Guys you describe sit directly in front of me.

HiBremian
28-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Wasn't quite as bad as expected. Hibs tried to play the game the way it should be done (on the deck) in the first half. Seemed quite comfortable and weren't in any real danger but weren't threatening either. Jeykell and Hyde in the 2nd half. Killie changed their shape and we had real problems dealing with that. Few of our players were caught on the ball due to a lack of creativity and therefore we ended up having to blooter the ball up the park. Was very disappointed with our movement off the ball in the 2nd half. Few of our ladds found themselves isolated and left with no choice but to give possession away by hoofing it forward. That said, it was still an improvement since I was last there and the first half gave me hope that things are moving in the right direction, even if somewhat slowly.

Looking at the match on Hibs TVXtra, i reckon that about sums up my view too, Paul. Also think the crowd was important. There was a turning point late in the game after one of these crap decisions by the ref when the crowd got behind the team, and there seemed to be more momentum. Get the feeling we play much better against teams we're not expected to do well against because the crowd are more forgiving.

Anyway, I'm heading over for the Yams next weekend, so hoping for more improvement since I was last there a year ago.

Did the wee lad enjoy it?

Hibrandenburg
01-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Looking at the match on Hibs TVXtra, i reckon that about sums up my view too, Paul. Also think the crowd was important. There was a turning point late in the game after one of these crap decisions by the ref when the crowd got behind the team, and there seemed to be more momentum. Get the feeling we play much better against teams we're not expected to do well against because the crowd are more forgiving.

Anyway, I'm heading over for the Yams next weekend, so hoping for more improvement since I was last there a year ago.

Did the wee lad enjoy it?

You're right Richard, I felt that too. The ref unintentionally got the fans back on side and the team reacted accordingly.
Didn't take the wee Mann along to this one coz it was just too late but definitely next time.

Enjoy the Derby and I'll be rooting for us from my Polstersessel.

CapitalHibs
01-03-2013, 12:30 PM

Couldn't agree more!