PDA

View Full Version : Kids in Killie Squad

The Sea-gull
28-02-2013, 08:06 AM
I notice Kenny Shiels has battered on and on about how his squad is now full of "kids" since the January window and that they have the youngest team in the league (John McGlynn says that too but he might actually have a more of a case).

Back to Killie though, last night the only players that started who you could regard as kids were McKeown, Barbour, Winchester and Gross. 4 out of 11 players. Hardly unheard of in the SPL.

In their squad they have Cammy Bell, Jerone Tesselar, Garry Hay, James Fowler, Ryan O'Leary, Danny Racci, Sammy Clingan, James Dayton, Cillian Sheridan, Paul Heffernan, Mani Pascali and Sissoko. And now Kris Boyd. All these players are significantly experienced in the SPL or otherwise.

I just don't see how Killie and their squad full of "kids" are any different to most other SPL sides. They have a similar blend and balance of youth and experience to most other sides.

I know KS is well know for blethering a load of pash but why does he feel the need to have a pre-empted excuse ready all the time. He seems to feel that if his side don't make the top 6, he can keep himself in a job, hold his head high and tell everyone he is manager of the year becauses of the squad he has had to deal with and anything above bottom place should be seen as an achievement.

We all know he is attempting mind games and psychology to make people under estimate his team but to be honest, I don't really view Killie as an inferior side and would say that there is not much between them and any other team in the league bar Celtic and Dundee, though the Yams are creeping towards being bracketed with Dundee.

Jonnyboy
28-02-2013, 04:08 PM
I notice Kenny Shiels has battered on and on about how his squad is now full of "kids" since the January window and that they have the youngest team in the league (John McGlynn says that too but he might actually have a more of a case).

Back to Killie though, last night the only players that started who you could regard as kids were McKeown, Barbour, Winchester and Gross. 4 out of 11 players. Hardly unheard of in the SPL.

In their squad they have Cammy Bell, Jerone Tesselar, Garry Hay, James Fowler, Ryan O'Leary, Danny Racci, Sammy Clingan, James Dayton, Cillian Sheridan, Paul Heffernan, Mani Pascali and Sissoko. And now Kris Boyd. All these players are significantly experienced in the SPL or otherwise.

I just don't see how Killie and their squad full of "kids" are any different to most other SPL sides. They have a similar blend and balance of youth and experience to most other sides.

I know KS is well know for blethering a load of pash but why does he feel the need to have a pre-empted excuse ready all the time. He seems to feel that if his side don't make the top 6, he can keep himself in a job, hold his head high and tell everyone he is manager of the year becauses of the squad he has had to deal with and anything above bottom place should be seen as an achievement.

We all know he is attempting mind games and psychology to make people under estimate his team but to be honest, I don't really view Killie as an inferior side and would say that there is not much between them and any other team in the league bar Celtic and Dundee, though the Yams are creeping towards being bracketed with Dundee.

This is the lad who scored their second goal last night and a beauty it was too. I was very impressed by him, always looking for the ball, creating well and not shy to have a shot at goal. Laddie could be destined for a big future

frazeHFC
28-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Yep Winchester, before his goal i said to someone he looked like he could be a cracking player, then very good finish straight after.

vanNISHtelroy
28-02-2013, 05:29 PM

Dayton is 24 and missed about three seasons of his career with injuries...think he recently played his 50th game for us, and had only played 5 before he joined from the Glenn Hoddle Accademy.

Tess is 24 and played about a hundred games

O'Leary is 25 and missed two seasons due to injury....think someone said his 75th appearence in the SPL was recently

Racchi is 25 and played less than a hundred games

Sissoko is 24 and played less than 75 league games.

Bell is 26 and recently played his hundredth game for us....again missed couple of years of career due to ligament damage and number of freak injuries!

Will give you the rest for definite though!

3pm
28-02-2013, 05:48 PM
75-100 games is somewhere between 2 and 3 full seasons? Hardly inexperienced.

vanNISHtelroy
28-02-2013, 05:53 PM
75-100 games is somewhere between 2 and 3 full seasons? Hardly inexperienced.

Yeah I would agree with you there tbh, was more about the significant bit than saying they were inexperienced.

3pm
28-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah I would agree with you there tbh, was more about the significant bit than saying they were inexperienced.

And there must be a few with winners medals?!